GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow...think I just found Nancy's record...not too good if it's hers..

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-who-went-missing-from-northern-az-campground

Video (you can click and make it double the size).

Custodial Mother: C Priem 36 yrs old

Christina's Mother: N. Collins (Nancy was there as well) 57 yrs old

Both ladies from Flagstaff

Also at the site were 12 yr old girl, 14 yr old boy, son and daughter of C Priem. And a 14 yr old friend (gender not identified in report).

Interesting video.

Glad to hear the FBI is now involved. I'm confused as to why the 2 adult women needed their own tent, yet allowed the others (including Syler) to stay in another. Doesn't seem very safe. At the very least, you put 1 adult in each tent and divide the children -- no?

From the looks on the video - the custodial "parent" has left the scene? Who leaves the scene? Where is the family support? You wouldn't be able to drag me outta there if my son wandered off.

JMO

Mel

If I had a 'bad feeling' about a man watching me/us all day?-the baby would have been sleeping in MY tent.

Glad to hear the FBI is now involved. I'm confused as to why the 2 adult women needed their own tent, yet allowed the others (including Syler) to stay in another. Doesn't seem very safe. At the very least, you put 1 adult in each tent and divide the children -- no?

From the looks on the video - the custodial "parent" has left the scene? Who leaves the scene? Where is the family support? You wouldn't be able to drag me outta there if my son wandered off.

JMO

Mel

BBM

It's pretty difficult to do interrogations and lie detectors at a primitive campsite. Since they said that they were going to give the woman a lie detector, I'm guessing that's why she left? As well as getting more pictures, or maybe records that prove the adoption story, or something that has a better scent on it.

Also, clarification... I am seeing "custodial parentS" being used. I have seen nothing to indicate that this woman is anything other than single. If she just had a friend who was giving her child to her, that would be an easier adoption to pull off. However, a single Mom, plus the criminal record would still be pretty difficult. There is no way she could adopt from an actual agency with that situation.

Christina Priem's record isn't much better than her mother's http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

I know enough about the adoption process to say confidently that Syler is HIGHLY likely to have come to Christina through a private adoption...most likely from a family member or close friend. ANY reputable agency working with the bio mother would have warned her and MOST LIKELY have eliminated Christina as a possible candidate. There are MANY people willing to adopt white toddlers in decent health. There's no way, IMHO, that any REPUTABLE agency would have put Syler with someone with a record...especially a record that includes not properly caring for a child.

ETA: MsFacetious: You read my mind!!

Okay the video everyone will want to look at is entitled No Sign of Missing two year old boy at link that MsFacetious provided for us above.

It's an interview with the "Custodial" Mother.

I'm sorry but watching her face, I hate to sound so harsh but I had Susan Smith deja vu.

JMHO.

Time frame that Sylar is actually unaccounted for at this point in time from media releases is from:

9:30 PM Saturday July 24, 2010 (by independent witness)

2:30 AM Sunday July 25, 2010 Call to 911 from the host of the campground.

Five hours. If we don't look at family accounts at this moment.

Yeah thats the video. The more I see of that woman the closer my BS detector gets to being pegged.

..he was curled up against his adoptive grandmother and an hour later he was gone...... (from video) contrasts sharply with earlier accounts

Mexican man sounds like a bushy haired stranger scenario to me right about now...I don't know why...but it doesn't sit will with me.

JMHO.

Yeah thats the video. The more I see of that woman the closer my BS detector gets to being pegged.

Wow. Echoes of Susan Smith. IMO, she's lying. I may have to eat my words but there was something that seemed artificial, despite the appearance of actual tears. She barely looked up, kept looking down as she spoke, or her eyes looked downwards. Susan Smith did the same thing. Could not look up. Also, both blame a type of person that, in the area, many may have suspicion about. It's like crudely tapping into popular opinion/sentiment. The huge immigration issue and conveniently, this is the suspect.
The only other explanation for my feelings is that she may be someone living on the margins, record, etc., and she is not used to having people trust what she's saying, sheepish when speaking to authority kind of person.
Mea culpa if she is not lying. I'll feel so bad because then she's just one more mom who should not have to be going through what she is going through.

Time frame that Sylar is actually unaccounted for at this point in time from media releases is:

Five hours. If we don't look at family accounts at this moment.

for what it's worth...

This camp spot is just a few dozen yards from a paved road and 3 miles from an Interstate.

Wow. Echoes of Susan Smith. IMO, she's lying. I may have to eat my words but there was something that seemed artificial, despite the appearance of actual tears. She barely looked up, kept looking down as she spoke, or her eyes looked downwards. Susan Smith did the same thing. Could not look up. Also, both blame a type of person that, in the area, many may have suspicion about. It's like crudely tapping into popular opinion/sentiment. The huge immigration issue and conveniently, this is the suspect.
The only other explanation for my feelings is that she may be someone living on the margins, record, etc., and she is not used to having people trust what she's saying, sheepish when speaking to authority kind of person.
Mea culpa if she is not lying. I'll feel so bad because then she's just one more mom who should not have to be going through what she is going through.

Well said!

Tina Priem can't explain it but a strange feeling came over her and that caused her to wake up in a panic. When she looked around that was when she found her soon to be adopted son Sylar was gone. (reporter)

TP: I just want my baby to come home. Safe.

Reporter: Through her tears, Tina Priem, tries to explain what happened to her soon to be adopted son Sylar. Sylar curled up to his adoptive Grandmother and an hour later Tina says she woke to a panic.

TP: I woke up around 2 AM and he was gone. I got up hysterically and woke up everybody at the campsite. Then (or and) my Baby's missing. They all started searching for him and looking for him.

Reporter: Within minutes, Tina called police and a short time later they were scouring the site as much as everybody else. Even bringing out search dogs.

TP: I think with him being with no shoes, that he wouldn't have gotten as far as what they've even searched.

Reporter: That's why Tina believes someone has Sylar.

TP: I do feel like someone took him yes.

Reporter: Why?

TP: Because they can't find--the bloodhounds or whatever the dogs they had out there---only traced him for a little ways. They haven't found his body. (kat response: WTH?)

Reporter: Tina says there was a man near the campsite that bothered her.

TP: There was a male Mexican man in his 30's --kept staring at us all day the day before---he was on his phone, he was talking like hours in front of his truck. A white truck from right across us.

Reporter: That's why if someone does have Sylar Tina has this plea.

TP: Please bring my baby back. Please just bring my baby back.

Reporter: She even has a message for Sylar himself.

TP: I love you Sylar and I miss you very much baby. Please come home to me.

Reporter: Tina tells me she will continue to cooperate with police and do everything in order to get Silar back.

(Kat comment: Facial language is way off. LE is going to be very interested in watching this video)

Sorry I took so long to get back on here!

The wildlife in the area is mostly typical desert animals: quail, rabbits, coyotes, skunks, raccoons, ground squirrels, etc. Mountain lions have been spotted here on occasion, but I have not heard of any recent attacks at the local campgrounds.

I have camped in that campground several times and the creek is a quick walk from where they were camped. It used to be free years ago, but now I think they charge $16 per night. There were some picnic tables, pit toilets, grills, and water the last time we camped there. Lots of nice hiking trails in the area (one ends at a beautiful swimming hole the locals call "the crack" and the water is so wonderful this time of year).

As for current/depth of the creek, it really depends. We are in the middle of monsoons and the water level can go up/down quicker than you may think possible. We had over 2 inches in 1 hour the day he disappeared at our house. But Wet Beaver Creek is a little east of us, so they may or may not have gotten that much. So, while I hate to say it, he could have wandered off easily & fell into the water (especially now that I know how close they were to the creek) if the levels were up from rain since the normally slow-medium current would be much faster. If that makes any sense LOL!

There are definitely transients who pass through there, but I doubt this mysterious man who spent all day watching them or whatever was to blame.

I hope they find him ALIVE soon!

Cindy

You know I have been called practical and down to earth (nicely) I've been called blunt and outspoken (not so nicely)

But I can't imagine sitting there and saying "because they haven't found his body".

I'm not overly emotional but she's talking about her child that has only been missing going on 48 hours.

One other question. The word Safe. I'm trying to remember a parent pleading for a child's return and adding "safe" to the end of it.

They usually beg and plead for a child's return. Over and over. Not throwing safe onto the end of it almost like a qualifier KWIM?

Interesting. I'm boggled not only by her choice of words but by her facial expressions too. Gaw. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez