The 90 minutes Terri spent driving around--Do you believe it?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you believe Terri drove around for 90 minutes strictly to calm a fussy baby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don't believe that Terri Horman drove around for 90 minutes trying to calm Kiara. I didn't believe it before her e-mails became public and especially now since it contradicts the "few minutes" she claimed in her e-mail that she drove Kiara around. Also, if her daughter was complaining of her ears bothering her, why would her mother then take her to a public daycare in 24 Hour Fitness? I have 4 children and regardless of which child does or doesn't like to ride around in a car, an hour and a half in a truck with a sick and fussy child dosn't make sense to me. That is not a "few minutes" no matter how you explain it. If I add this story of Terri's to the other circumstances of June 4, 2010--her wanting to use her husband's truck to bring the science project home after the science fair and instead leaving the school before the fair is even over, the confusion over Kyron's doctor's appointment, Terri's not coming to the talent show, and Kyron's subsequent unexplained disappearance--her "90 minute random drive" is not believable to me. I live in the Portland area, and during the late morning (when Terri was supposedly doing all of this driving around), that area of Portland is not busy with traffic at all. Besides, with all of the rain in June, that would've made the driving around not very pleasant. I don't remember if it was raining on that particular day--June 4--maybe somebody on here who lives in Portland remembers? Thanks.

I recall it was a light rain that morning. I think someone on here posted a Youtube video of that morning in nearby Lake Oswego showing the wet streets. I'm not sure how to find it.?? I also remember that Saturday turned out to be overcast and mild with no precip because we had a BBQ that evening. Sunday it poured and really hampered the search efforts.

It wouldn't have been difficult to get around the morning of June 4th. IMO

ETA: I think this is the link showing the weather on the morning of June 4th. Lake Oswego is approximately 15-20 miles away but "roughly" would be the same weather
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUDsRqQQ1M[/ame]

I really don't believe that Terri Horman drove around for 90 minutes trying to calm K. I didn't believe it before her e-mails became public and especially now since it contradicts the "few minutes" she claimed in her e-mail that she drove K around.

It's my thought that Terri went to Fred Meyers to get the medication, it wasn't there. She went to the second Myers to get the medication, gave it to her daughter, and then drove around for the medicine to start working, and then went to the gym. IMO.

It's my thought that Terri went to Fred Meyers to get the medication, it wasn't there. She went to the second Myers to get the medication, gave it to her daughter, and then drove around for the medicine to start working, and then went to the gym. IMO.

That would fit if she was looking for one of the medications that soothe teething pain. In that case, the baby could have been completely well and happy by the time they got to the gym.

But wouldn't that thought contradict Terri Horman's e-mail in which she stated that she drove around for "a few minutes" to calm Kiara down, but it didn't work? Then she decided to go to the gym? The accounted for 90 minute timeframe is calculated from the time she left the second Fred Meyers and went to the gym--correct? Please let me know if I am mistaken. Thanks.

But wouldn't that thought contradict Terri Horman's e-mail in which she stated that she drove around for "a few minutes" to calm K down, but it didn't work? Then she decided to go to the gym? The accounted for 90 minute timeframe is calculated from the time she left the second Fred Meyers and went to the gym--correct? Please let me know if I am mistaken. Thanks.

BBM (and edited baby K's name):

She did not say she drove around for a few minutes to calm K down. She said she tried to get K to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go so off to the gym.

She did not say she drove around for a few minutes to calm K down. She said she tried to get K to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go so off to the gym.

Yes, you are right--in her e-mail she stated she was trying to get K to sleep for a few minutes--I confused it with what she told friends and LE about driving her around to calm her down because she had either an earache, she was teething or both? I will have to go back and confirm what she allegedly told her friends and LE. My point though was that she--in the e-mail claimed she drove around for a few minutes and not the 90 minutes she told LE. Thank you for clarifying that.

Yes, you are right--in her e-mail she stated she was trying to get K to sleep for a few minutes--I confused it with what she told friends and LE about driving her around to calm her down because she had either an earache, she was teething or both? I will have to go back and confirm what she allegedly told her friends and LE. My point though was that she--in the e-mail claimed she drove around for a few minutes and not the 90 minutes she told LE. Thank you for clarifying that.

This combines the info for Terri's timeline from all three sources we have from Terri for her timeline: both articles plus Terri's emails.

Combined info from the Two Terri Timeline Articles and Terri's Emails

Grocery Shopping

First Article: According to multiple sources, Terri Moulton Horman says she left Skyline School at 8:45 in the morning without Kyron the day he disappeared and that between 8:45 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. she ran errands at local grocery stores and can prove it.

Terri's emails: In addition: I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man “chaperone” and 2 girls after I left. I have a receipt showing I was checked out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for Kitty they didn’t have at the first FM.

Driving on Rural Roads

First Article: Between 10:10 in the morning and 11:39, Terri said she drove her daughter K around on rural roads in the family’s white truck because K had an earache. She said she was trying to soothe the toddler with the motion of the vehicle.

Second Article: She told investigators that she drove K around a series of rural roads for an hour, saying she was trying to calm her down because she didn't feel well.

Terri's emails: Then I was trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20.

Gym

First Article: At 11:39 a.m., Terri checked in at a 24-hour Fitness in Beaverton on Waterhouse Avenue and worked out for about an hour until 12:40 p.m.

Second Article: She went to the gym for about 45 minutes that morning and arrived home about 1 p.m. to post pictures from the science fair on her Facebook page.

Terri's emails: Then I was trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20.

Back Home

First Article: By 1:21, Terri said she'd traveled home - a distance of nearly 11 miles - and was posting photos on Facebook she'd taken that morning of Kyron standing with his science project and of his friend, K, standing with his.

Second Article: She went to the gym for about 45 minutes that morning and arrived home about 1 p.m. to post pictures from the science fair on her Facebook page.

Terri's emails: Home at 12:45.

First article: http://www.katu.com/news/local/99151549.html

Second article: http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Horman-kyron-missing-gaps-portland-kiara-99181214.html

Once again BeanE, thanks for all your hard work in trying to keep the story straight for all of us. :blowkiss: Seeing the different versions makes me think that the reporting is just outrageous. Seems this occurs with every detail. How about some clarification from LE...maybe a press conference that actually ruled some of this carp out. moo mho

Once again BeanE, thanks for all your hard work in trying to keep the story straight for all of us. :blowkiss: Seeing the different versions makes me think that the reporting is just outrageous. Seems this occurs with every detail. How about some clarification from LE...maybe a press conference that actually ruled some of this carp out. moo mho

Maybe it's just me, but the discrepancies appear to be Terri telling constantly morphing versions. The press just writes down what she says.

Do you think the reporters and investigators just read her mind? She must have opened her mouth and allowed words to come out to somebody. I would also venture that "Terri wrote" is tantamount to "Terri said." YMMV

And you will recall the WW reporter who spoke with her at her house. They discussed the lawn. Days before the MFH story hit the press.

Okay, so we have the WW article where Terri talked to the press about the lawn. We have the WW article (may be same one) where Terri said everything's okay and gave a thumbs up. We have a few emails reportedly from Terri.

What else did Terri write or say to the press that they just wrote down? I can't think of anything.

I think everything else has come from unnamed sources, Kaine, Desiree, and Tony. So that would be where what you perceive as discrepancies and constantly morphing versions have come from.

I so agree, Bean. If it were me, and I were the focus of something so heinous, I think my number-one priority would be to fully cooperate in finding the missing child so that my name could be cleared, and so that I could have my daughter back--especially so that I could have my daughter back. If I had to completely accommodate LE and answer any question they asked, speak to the media, or stand from a mountaintop to scream it, I would--especially to get my daughter back.

Yet from Terri, nothing. Except emailing friends, buying batphones, having family and friends speak for her and such. Seems like she could remove herself from suspicion so easily by completely cooperating in the investigation. Instead, she tries to go around LE with phones and even asks her cellphone-lover-du-jour not to tell her lawyer that she visited him and showed him the RO. Deceptive, evasive, and anything but honest and forthcoming.

IMO

Regarding the 90 minutes, I found this today on Dateline. Just posting it for reference since I had it handy. Not sure how helpful it is.

DESIREE YOUNG: She couldn't explain to them for about two hours worth of time where she was or what she was doing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/

Weren't they asking in the flier if anyone had seen either T or D seen between 9:45 and 1:00. Wasn't it said that Terry checked in the gym at 11:39? So between 9:45 and 11:39 that's pretty close to 2 hrs. Maybe her time line is closer to 120 min or so she cant account for.

Weren't they asking in the flier if anyone had seen either T or D seen between 9:45 and 1:00. Wasn't it said that Terry checked in the gym at 11:39? So between 9:45 and 11:39 that's pretty close to 2 hrs. Maybe her time line is closer to 120 min or so she cant account for.

I don't know, Jo. I was noodlin' on why two hours. If you look at the second article I've posted with the two Terri timelines and the Terri emails combined, you see that Terri told LE it was 1 hour she was driving the rural roads. So I was wondering if Desiree is referring to time before and/or after that one hour, and which side of that hour it might be, or what. I just don't know.

The other 25 minute audio interview Desiree says she didn't know about the grocery stores, so could she be encompassing that time? I don't know.

There's not another blessed thing in that transcript to give a clue.

I also noted that she doesn't include the whole morning. So does that mean that Desiree has knowledge that some of Terri's timeline is confirmed? and/or not of concern?

No idea. It's something to chew on though. Like we need anything else to drive us crazy trying to figure out lol. :)

I did not state that Terri met with a friend that day, or any other day. I only placed a 'coincidence' that during a day where Terri MIGHT aimlessly drive around, she might also connect with a friend and meet up.

Okay, so everyone agrees that it would have been okay if she had met with a friend casually but it does not appear she did because neither she or a friend have said so.

The relevance of the coincidence that didn't happen is lost on me.

Okay, so everyone agrees that it would have been okay if she had met with a friend casually but it does not appear she did because neither she or a friend have said so.

The relevance of the coincidence that didn't happen is lost on me.

If you follow the quoted texts up, you'll find that relevance. I said what I said in response to someone else's post. I know it gets thready to do that :)

I don't know, Jo. I was noodlin' on why two hours. If you look at the second article I've posted with the two Terri timelines and the Terri emails combined, you see that Terri told LE it was 1 hour she was driving the rural roads. So I was wondering if Desiree is referring to time before and/or after that one hour, and which side of that hour it might be, or what. I just don't know.

The other 25 minute audio interview Desiree says she didn't know about the grocery stores, so could she be encompassing that time? I don't know.

There's not another blessed thing in that transcript to give a clue.

I also noted that she doesn't include the whole morning. So does that mean that Desiree has knowledge that some of Terri's timeline is confirmed? and/or not of concern?

No idea. It's something to chew on though. Like we need anything else to drive us crazy trying to figure out lol. :)

I don't know about you but I have TMJ from so much chewing.

If you follow the quoted texts up, you'll find that relevance. I said what I said in response to someone else's post. I know it gets thready to do that :)

I did that and IMO since she is not willing to admit having met DS or any other friend (at least not that we know of any such admission), *if she did* maybe we should try to determine the possibility that on any random day of Kyron's school year she drove aimlessly and met with a friend so that neither of them would be willing to admit it to the police later or forgot all about it. (I don't know how to go about doing that.)

I can see only advantages for her if she met with a credible friend during her drive who could confirm her alibi so either she told the truth and didn't meet anybody or the meeting has some clandestine element and one or both of them were doing something they shouldn't have or the friend absolutely does not want to get involved with anything to do with the police, even to help find a child or help his/her friend. For example, if she knew someone with a SO background and they'd be afraid the SO gets in trouble if LE finds out they've been meeting with the baby there. (Just an example pulled out of my hat, not meant to start any rumors, I have no information whatsoever that she has a SO friend.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876
Back