DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so puzzled as to the feelings or influences this case brings

:banghead:

OK and a little frustrated, lol.

Hairdresser and husband are cleared of any direct involvement. IF Bob was lending her money, that would likely be involvement yes, BUT it didnt cause his disappearance. This is how I am reading this. Because otherwise, LE didnt have to say anything about clearing them.

I have read people believe Placentia PD is incompetent-may I have examples of their incompetence? I realize they were looking for a case of cold feet having been told that by someone who has not been named. They realized that Bob did not have cold feet and something in their investigation now leads them to believe that this was not a stranger abduction. Which cancels out any random attack theories.

I am incredibly sympathetic to everyone in this case that has survived these events to date-which does not mean I understand why they have done the things they have done, or said the things they have said. I am looking to understand them.

I mean, if we are going to look at the hairdresser's son, why not look at the cleaning lady? I am not advocating for it because she and SIL are each other's alibi for the time they were together.

We need to apply some common sense here-Common sense to me, jmvho, does not indicate that there was anything suggesting that hairdresser and family would be harmed by the arrival of Fontelle in Bob's life. This woman was married with a family and was employed. Her time and her husband's time has apparently been accounted for.

If we are going to cast eyes upon her son, let's dig into the grandson's life and time as well. And any other grandchildren. I mean to me, it makes as much sense.

Personally, I would rather try and figure out if anyone would like some help drawing more attention to this case-CA Exile seems to be interested in that. So let's approach 48 hours Mystery or ID network. It is an interesting story and maybe it will lead to new information....

Peace all.

May we please have a LINK?

I received this info from my verified source.

Some have asked what Tricia's policy at WS is for verification.
Pulled from another thread with Tricia's explaination. (edited to remove non case specific information).

The only people who need to be verified are those who actually know the main people involved.

If you know and have contact with any of the main people in the case and you want to post about it then you need to be verified. Or if you work directly with any of them. My point is it needs to be direct social or business contact for you to be verified.

You need to be verified if you say you are related to the main people involved in the case.

The verification process is very simple. I have to know your real name and talk to you on the phone. NO ONE will have the information but me.

Let me stress that this verification process is not perfect and people can slip through but short of hiring a private detective this is the best we can do.

If someone who is verified posts something you must always understand that there is a chance, even though they have been verified, that they may not be who they say they are. It's the chance we have to take.

added by Cubby:
Additionally, if someone wants to post as a 'professional poster' such as a nurse, SAR, Lawyer.. or any other profession Tricia requires documentation supporting their credentials.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL - Benedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, Woodstock/Centralia 23 May 2010 - Part 3

Also from the above link:

We do not allow Gossip and that's how we differ from the other websites.

Definition of Gossip; "A person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others. "

I disagree a bit with the official definition. You can gossip just once in your life and it can have devastating effects. You don't need to be habitual.

We deal in facts and theories as long as the theories are not ridiculous or state as fact that someone is guilty of a crime when they have not been convicted. We look at the evidence and information provided to us (mostly) by the main stream media and discuss it. That is what we do.

I found this UID as a possible match for Bob.
Partial skeletal remains found March 2010 San Bernadino County.

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6788

Partial skeletal remains found scattered in the open desert northeast of Lucerne Valley. Sex is "most likely" male (based on measurements of humeral head). Stature is estimated as 5'6" to 6' - But, no femur located (estimate from tibia), so could be shorter or taller. Age, race cannot be estimated. Time interval estimate appears between one and ten years. Could be much longer. Identity can ONLY be established by DNA.

time interval may be a little off but since they don't know for sure we may want to make sure Bobs DNA has been entered in CODIS for official rule in/out of these partial skeletal remains.

For the above UID:
04/29/10: Samples (right tibia and left humerus) submitted to CA DOJ-DNA. Waiting for results.

Dentals not available for this UID.
Do we know if Bobs dna has been entered into CODIS?

ETA: Location remains found:
Address 1: 6 miles N/O Lucerne, 3 miles E/O State Route 247

ETAA: this is a few hundred miles from where Bob went missing. Probably unlikely but not impossible if someone moved Bobs remains further from where they were originally dumped.

can someone map this location the remains were found? tia

Probably unlikely but not impossible if someone moved Bobs remains further from where they were originally dumped.
<snipped>

God, I certainly hope so. As for his being moved, there has been a whole year to do it.

FRS kit is easy to acquire-I dont want to step on toes here...does anyone want to check with Placentia regarding whether or not it was processed?

FRS kit is easy to acquire-I dont want to step on toes here...does anyone want to check with Placentia regarding whether or not it was processed?

Go for it believe. I don't believe anyone has inquired regarding the free dna kit. You've done this tons of times for lighting the way home. We couldn't have Bob's case in better hands.

Also, if you could would you please inquire on how to obtain a copy of Bobs missing persons report? We can do that via FOIA. I think it might help clarify some of the confusing facts in the case.

tia! :blowkiss:

On 8/2/2010, daughter RB posted on another forum that h[/FONT][/SIZE]e had numerous old pairs of glasses. After his disappearance they were able to find three pairs in the house but we later noticed in a fairly recent photograph that he was wearing another pair that were not found. So much for that idea and the media’s focus and staged filming of the glasses on the table for dramatic effect.

Snipped~~~~~

If the family does have a recent photo of Mr. Harrod wearing a pair of glasses that were not found I hope they gave it to the police and asked that it be released to the public.

Did they go to where Mr. Harrod purchases his glasses and ask about the number of glasses and frame styles Mr. Harrod has.

Has anyone checked the three pairs of glasses to see if they are the same prescription?

Partial skeletal remains found scattered in the open desert northeast of Lucerne Valley. Sex is "most likely" male (based on measurements of humeral head). Stature is estimated as 5'6" to 6' - But, no femur located (estimate from tibia), so could be shorter or taller. Age, race cannot be estimated. Time interval estimate appears between one and ten years. Could be much longer. Identity can ONLY be established by DNA.

time interval may be a little off but since they don't know for sure we may want to make sure Bobs DNA has been entered in CODIS for official rule in/out of these partial skeletal remains.

For the above UID:
04/29/10: Samples (right tibia and left humerus) submitted to CA DOJ-DNA. Waiting for results.

ETAA: this is a few hundred miles from where Bob went missing. Probably unlikely but not impossible if someone moved Bobs remains further from where they were originally dumped.

I mapped it. It looks to be about 100 - 110 miles from Placentia. Very remote area.

Personally, I would rather try and figure out if anyone would like some help drawing more attention to this case-CA Exile seems to be interested in that. So let's approach 48 hours Mystery or ID network. It is an interesting story and maybe it will lead to new information....

Peace all.

Snipped~~~~~

I think this is a great idea.

Many on this board have contacted the print media as well as the PPD.

For the above UID:

The body was found near Harrod Rd.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH...xODM5MjE4X19fX2FfJm1vZGU9RCZydG9wPTB+MH4wfg==

If we know Bobs dna is in Codis I'd be happy to call the possible match into both Placencia PD and San Bernadino County ME. Once Bobs dna is entered into Codis they'll automatically run it against all UID's. However the DNA process can take several months. Hopefully that is in the works.

believe09 - keep us posted with what you find out about the FRS kit. TY ! :blowkiss:

Snipped~~~~~

I think this is a great idea.

Many on this board have contacted the print media as well as the PPD.

Me too. Bobs case would be fantastic for either 48 hours Mystery or Discovery id - or both.

48 hours mystery contact info

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/08/01/48hours/main15197.shtml?tag=hdr;cnav

eta: I can't find the contact info for Discovery Id Disappeared. Anyone?

Someone has the answers to what happened to Bob..... it is a matter of getting to that info. My gut tells me more than one person "knows" and whoever talks first will be in the best position. Who will that be?

jmo

So for the well being check-did they just peer in the windows?
Anyone know?

Another few questions-

Who was employed around Bob? Did daughters work? Did their husbands work? Who was still married or married at all? Did the grandson work?

If they werent working, was Bob supporting everyone??

If you add a location here and use point C, you can see how close the remains were found to Running Springs, CA - where SIL resides. (and near Harrod Rd. very eerie)

I can't figure out how to link it or would myself. Maybe you can update the map adding Running Springs Cloudajo?

tia :blowkiss:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....707764&sspn=0.481598,0.88028&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member