GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm a newbie to the site, and this is my 1st post. I've read countless hours on this site in the past, but I finally decided to register and be "official" last night because of this case. I've read everything I can possibly read about this case. It all just makes me sick. I have a 14yo daughter myself, and I simply cannot imagine going thru this.

I am from Kansas, I live very close to Great Bend, and my parents have lived in GB the past 9 years. I have been obsessed with this case since she was reported missing. Things like this just simply do not happen in this area. We hear of things like this down around Wichita, or Kansas City, but not around this area.

I drive past this construction site every time I go to GB. It is a large site, but I just don't get how other people driving by wouldn't see the fire, or notice the smell. I would think a fire that late at night would attract someone's attention. People seem to call the cops for nearly anything around here, heck I saw in the paper last week they were called because a bike was in the pond at the park.

My parents are in the process of moving to another town, they want to get out of there for multiple reasons. GB is a dirty town, and as more time passes, the more run down it gets. There is a lot of drug activity. And there are an increasing amount of illegal immigrants moving to town. There are also 2 well known gangs in town, although if you ask the top officials in town they would probably deny there is a drug and gang problem.

If I can help provide any "local" info, I'd be happy to help. Just wanted to introduce myself.

WELCOME!!! :)

It helps a lot to have 'locals' on board! :dance:

K-56 is a 2 lane highway that goes all the way thru town. It's a fairly well traveled area during the day. However, late at night there is usually only truckers passing thru with the occasional car. I know there have been several times I will leave my parents house late at night and I'm one of the only few cars on the highway, but I always see the truckers. From what I remember, there are no lights or anything that light up the asphalt site at night, so any flames would be visible from the right angle. But I guess if he worked there, he knew what areas would be noticeable from the road.

I talked to my mom earlier today, she said there are all sorts of rumors flying around town of course. One thing that got my attention though was her comment that they (family) believe there was more than 1 person who did this. Makes me wonder if they are not charging AL with the murder yet in hopes he will talk and provide more info on who else was involved.

I'm sure we are all most anxious to hear what his GF has to say. Where was he that night after the supposed party ended? Seems he wasn't seen at the bar. This case seems so simple on the surface and any one person squealing will take him down, if he indeed was the murderer.

SBM

If the GF ever talks I hope she's more accurate with info then her brother who told media they've been dating "6-7 months"..How can that be when he's only been out of prison since late May? I suppose there's always the chance they met while he was in prison but what are the odds of that?

I'm not sure if he was just confused or intentionally misleading since it looks really bad for sis to move in, along with her 2 kids!, with a man she's only known for a few months.

SBM

If the GF ever talks I hope she's more accurate with info then her brother who told media they've been dating "6-7 months"..How can that be when he's only been out of prison since late May? I suppose there's always the chance they met while he was in prison but what are the odds of that?

I'm not sure if he was just confused or intentionally misleading since it looks really bad for sis to move in, along with her 2 kids!, with a man she's only known for a few months.

Still trying to clarify that, but I think he moved in with her (minor technicality), but yeah, not a bright move either way. Maybe they were prison penpals so she "knew" him via letters or phone calls before he got out. Looks as those she was thoroughly duped by him and didn't get what she had bargained on.

Her brother I suspect is merely time challenged, and maybe he and his sister aren't regularly in touch, but I can't imagine what purpose he would have to intentionally mislead. Had a case here locally a month or so back when neighbors went on camera stating their just murdered neighbor had been living there about 6 months, when in reality it turned out to be only 2 or 3 (IIRC, and perfect case in point on time challenged). They just got it wrong in their heads is all.

Early media reports tend to be more than a little off base as well.

K-56 is a 2 lane highway that goes all the way thru town. It's a fairly well traveled area during the day. However, late at night there is usually only truckers passing thru with the occasional car. I know there have been several times I will leave my parents house late at night and I'm one of the only few cars on the highway, but I always see the truckers. From what I remember, there are no lights or anything that light up the asphalt site at night, so any flames would be visible from the right angle. But I guess if he worked there, he knew what areas would be noticeable from the road.

I talked to my mom earlier today, she said there are all sorts of rumors flying around town of course. One thing that got my attention though was her comment that they (family) believe there was more than 1 person who did this. Makes me wonder if they are not charging AL with the murder yet in hopes he will talk and provide more info on who else was involved.

Interesting, thanks.

So does the local RUMOR mill (we have to treat as such at this juncture of course) have AL as one involved?

Am curious in more ways than one about his GF and what she has to say.

Or are teenagers or gangs being looked at or talked about as well?

Locals can either be way off, or smack on the pulse of what is happening, but in my experience, they tend to get it right more than not in smaller towns.

For now, they only have AL on the charges for stealing the SUV, but I bet LE is pretty happy to have him safely behind bars while they investigate. Makes that part of their job a little easier.

Could the flames have been hidden by a building on the site & then he moved her to that spot? Or maybe the fire wasn't even set there but that's where he decided to leave her body..I'm sure LE will be able to get plenty of evidence in the vehicle used to transport her if that's what the did.

I don't rule out there's another perp involved but who? :waitasec:

Hi, just curious, how large is this asphalt site and how far is it from the road? Could somebody see what was going on from the road if a vehicle was parked there?

SBM

If the GF ever talks I hope she's more accurate with info then her brother who told media they've been dating "6-7 months"..How can that be when he's only been out of prison since late May?

My opinion, this woman probably was writing to him in prison. You know, those sites that allow you to write a convict (sometimes potential partners)?
I really, really, REALLY hope that I am wrong in my logic here because if she did write to him in jail and "fell in love" with him she neglected the welfare of her children. This is just my opinion, of course. Love doesn't conquer ALL things.

[EDIT] Has the MSM said that the body was in fact (I shudder typing this..) that the body was burned there? I haven't read that yet, probably for good reason since they are doing the investigation. But, since no one saw this fire, and since I do know a little about being in a town like this, I thought it a relevant to why no one saw a fire.
Do you dump your trash in Kansas, is there trash service here in this part? I only ask because my aunt lives in the country and they don't have trash pick up (not enough people, too far out into the country.)

http://www.greatbendks.net/index.aspx?NID=126
I am not finding anything on the site, maybe it's my eyeballs again (they are going out), and I also came across a lot of paid services for pickup.

------------------------------------------

Just found a time line, I don't know if we have started one, or if we are allowed to copy this one, but this is the link: http://www.gbtribune.com/news.php?id=4298

Locals can either be way off, or smack on the pulse of what is happening, but in my experience, they tend to get it right more than not in smaller towns.

SBM

It seems to me locals tend to take rumors as gospel & run with it..The M. Cowell case comes to mind..Almost from the start most locals were convinced they knew who the perp was but 6 months later LE says they still don't have a POI..They're basically back to Sq 1.

I believe it cos at no time did they ever even hint they were close to solving this crime.

OTH!..I have seen just the opposite..I can't say for sure which happens more often then the other..It's too close to call..imo

Hi, just curious, how large is this asphalt site and how far is it from the road? Could somebody see what was going on from the road if a vehicle was parked there?

It is right along the side of the road. Its not very large, but has big piles of rock/sand/gravel, that you cant see behind from the road. The pond is a large sand pit, they dig a hole in the ground and pump out rock and sand, it fills with water. You cant really see the whole pit of water from the road. My hubby drives by there everyday between 5-6am, 4-5pm. If one day there are 5 cars and the next 10 you wouldnt think anything of it. If you see smoke you wouldnt think anything of it because during the day you always see smoke.

Hello! I'm a newbie to the site, and this is my 1st post. I've read countless hours on this site in the past, but I finally decided to register and be "official" last night because of this case. I've read everything I can possibly read about this case. It all just makes me sick. I have a 14yo daughter myself, and I simply cannot imagine going thru this.

I am from Kansas, I live very close to Great Bend, and my parents have lived in GB the past 9 years. I have been obsessed with this case since she was reported missing. Things like this just simply do not happen in this area. We hear of things like this down around Wichita, or Kansas City, but not around this area.

I drive past this construction site every time I go to GB. It is a large site, but I just don't get how other people driving by wouldn't see the fire, or notice the smell. I would think a fire that late at night would attract someone's attention. People seem to call the cops for nearly anything around here, heck I saw in the paper last week they were called because a bike was in the pond at the park.

My parents are in the process of moving to another town, they want to get out of there for multiple reasons. GB is a dirty town, and as more time passes, the more run down it gets. There is a lot of drug activity. And there are an increasing amount of illegal immigrants moving to town. There are also 2 well known gangs in town, although if you ask the top officials in town they would probably deny there is a drug and gang problem.

If I can help provide any "local" info, I'd be happy to help. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Welcome ksnurse!!!!! Glad to have someone local and yes I do have a question for you. I put together a map for Alicia's case, but having trouble with Google maps and S HWY or N HWY?, etc. When I use the address for Venture Corp, on the Google Maps, it shows a site near Main St and Second St. Is this the office location or is it the one SE of town? Basically how many locations are there?? Also, which location was the truck stolen from. TYVM. Again, Welcome to WS.

Hi Folks . just popping in, I have been trying to figure out how AL met GF Ms Brown and her Children. According to a Person in the area, they said HE use to live across from Heizer Park, but My Lord he just got out of Jail in TX May 25, 2010! AL and Co just moved to this NEW home AUG 01,( my guess according to news), So....if he did he live across from Heizer Park, June/July, he most likely met Alicia then, perhaps at the PARK with other Teens. The GF of AL's most likely ALREADY lived in this this Home. therfore I assume that Alicia went to the GF's BD at this home near Heizer Park.

It is right along the side of the road. Its not very large, but has big piles of rock/sand/gravel, that you cant see behind from the road. The pond is a large sand pit, they dig a hole in the ground and pump out rock and sand, it fills with water. You cant really see the whole pit of water from the road. My hubby drives by there everyday between 5-6am, 4-5pm. If one day there are 5 cars and the next 10 you wouldnt think anything of it. If you see smoke you wouldnt think anything of it because during the day you always see smoke.

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize you were a local to GB too. Welcome local!!!! Do you know if the local kids use the road on top of the hill behind the pit as a party place or parking, etc? Or even the pit itself? I read in the media, there was a fence, but it was unlocked. In the videos, pics or google maps you really can't see or tell. Is this the location with the fence or is it the other/s? TIA

I'll post the video showing the pit....if I can find it. It looks to be quite deep and almost quarry like.

19-year old Ivan Ramirez, previously questioned by police, is now posting via Facebook he will need a lawyer.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=858895301&v=wall&ref=ts#!/profile.php?id=858895301&v=wall&ref=ts

Please let me know if the link works or not. You will have to log in in order to view.

If he needs a lawyer I guess we can assume LE thinks he may be involved & does this mean we can also assume he's the 19 yr old her mom 'thought' picked her up?

ETA..Her mom may be right & Alicia could have hooked up later with the if he wasn't already in the car with IR.

It works, and thanks!

Maybe he is completely innocent BUT if you read his wall on FB persons are asking him to: "Hook them up" to me this means drugs, booze, sex.

LOL I have BIG Kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member