CANADA Canada - The Woodland Rapist of Southern Ontario, 1992-1995 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tried "wood duck logo", "duck logo", no luck. Many pages of "flying duck" hits later, a few of them with similar flight positioning, but with wings further away from the head. Thousands of duck pictures (and duck dreams) later ... although black & white, these are the only 2 designs that I have found that are close:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...start=360&hl=en&sa=N&gbv=2&ndsp=18&tbs=isch:1

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...start=774&hl=en&sa=N&gbv=2&ndsp=18&tbs=isch:1

A couple of comments after looking through a multitude of pics:

This seems to be a very unique pattern logo (understatement?). Am wondering if this has been customized for a special event, possibly for a small group. At risk of sounding judgemental .. the combination of a youngish guy with a ponytail wearing a golf/polo type shirt in the 90s, smacks of a bit yuppie.

Obviously this is not a common logo, and most cheap logos aren't this specific and realistic. Most people wouldn't know a "wood duck drake" from any other duck, or from a whole in the ground. This logo appears to have been made with attention to reasonably realistic detail in the colouring.

Northern Reflections was a trendy store to buy casual, country style clothing and were quite popular in Ontario in the 90s. Maybe LE can check with them to see if they had that particular design back then.

Kenyan underwear? Anybody here have Kenyan undies? Gotchies that do double-duty as headgear?

HELLO LE !! If our Hazel was able to provide this close-up, why doesn't LE publicize a pic of this logo so people know what the heck they are looking for out there?

Although not geographically close, and of only mild interest, is a company in Renfrew named Wood Duck Manufacturing (fireplace mantles, shelving, etc.)

The label on the inside of the shirt would be key to finding out who made it. If it was made for a specific event, like a golf tournament, certain companies specialize in such work. Often the shirt bears a name like "Gildan" nowadays, if that is the case. Back then, the label might have revealed a manufacturer in Montreal, even. Why give the country of origin of the undies (men's/women's/children's?), but not the shirt?

It still boggles my mind as to why that logo was not shown clearly. Withholding important pieces of the puzzle until decades down the road seems to make it impossible to get the public's help. I am one of those people for whom a picture says a thousand words.

Why give the country of origin of the undies (men's/women's/children's?), but not the shirt?
<snip>

The label may have been removed on the shirt. I see there is some sort of white tag or label on the outer left sleeve. That isn't terribly common, but i guess it doesn't contain any visible info or LE would have publicized it?? okay .. maybe not?? ;)

<snip>

The label may have been removed on the shirt. I see there is some sort of white tag or label on the outer left sleeve. That isn't terribly common, but i guess it doesn't contain any visible info or LE would have publicized it?? okay .. maybe not?? ;)
There is blood on the shirt, and that white tag looks plain white to me, also on this image it appears that the logo was sewn on, or it could be the lighting/shadow

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Woodland1.png
    Woodland1.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 512
  • woodland.png
    woodland.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 506
Looking back now, the composite sketch looks more like a slightly altered version of a police mugshot than anything a human artist could produce.

Compare the face at 1:15 of this video to the composite posted above:

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/rape-arrest/#clip325521

Russell Kirkpatrick, age 44, arrested and charged with the cemetery sexual assault.

There is a very striking resemblance and, IMO, the eyes are most revealing. I would love to see them trace his where abouts for the past 25 years. There's no telling how many unsolved rapes (or possible other crimes) they may be able to solve. The only difference between children and the elderly is age...they are both vulnerable.

More on Kirkpatrick:

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/rape-arrest/#clip325717
http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/rape-arrest/#clip325655

Scratches on his face? Men interviewed outside the shelter said police were looking for a man with long blonde hair and scratches on his face. Police were also said to be following Kirkpatrick until they arrested him as he was dropped off after work on Wednesday, July 14. This seems to indicate that they knew who they were looking for.

Kirkpatrick allegedly gave varying accounts of how he got those scratches.

Sorry, three in a row!

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/tops-opst/bs-sc/viclas-salvac-eng.htm

This jumped out at me:

"Research has shown that serial offenders are motivated to commit crimes by an insatiable fantasy. They may change their method and/or locations but their fantasy will remain constant. Insp. Ron MacKay explains, “The fantasy ritual will continue over time and space. The guy that rapes out of anger when he’s 25 will rape out of anger when he’s 35.”"

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100719/100719_kirkpatrick/20100719/?hub=CP24Home
TORONTO &#8212; A man charged in a sexual assault at a Toronto cemetery will make another court appearance today.

Russell Kirkpatrick, 44, is charged with attempted murder and aggravated sexual assault in an attack on a 61-year-old woman.

Police say the woman was visiting a family gravesite last week when she was dragged off a path, beaten and sexually assaulted.

The attack happened in the Pine Hills Cemetery some time after 5 p.m. last Monday, but the woman was not found until hours later.

Kirkpatrick was arrested last Wednesday and remanded in custody the next day

Maybe he moved? Any updates on that guy?

I hope they have entered his DNA in CODIS! I bet it will tell an interesting story!

Ducks Unlimited? I bet they have golf shirts with logos on them.

Blue Mountain is mentioned. Is that up near Collingwood?

It's just outside Collingwood ... i think only a few kms

Probably not related as it goes back a lot of years (am guessing the perp would be mid late 50s or early 60s now), but there was another terrible case in the Orangeville/Georgetown area around 1972. I worked in Toronto with the victim's dad, but never knew the perp's name (i think it was not published because his victim was a young teen). The perp and his wife were attending a wedding where the girl's parents were also attending. Perp feigned a headache so he and his wife left to go home; then he went out again alone on the pretense of needing fresh air. He went to the victim's family home in Georgetown where the girl was babysitting, tricked her into opening the door by saying he had car trouble and asked to use the phone. She initially refused, but iirc, he came back again and when she opened the door, he stabbed her multiple times and left her for dead.

His courageous young victim survived, but was left blinded in one eye. I never heard the outcome of the trial as I had moved out of the area. There was certainly enough evidence, so am sure he would have been found guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back