Deceased/Not Found TX - Julie Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010 *G de la Cruz Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know if the blood they found in Georges house has been tested? Surely it has. Or are the police just not releasing that evidence? Also I know Julies mom I believe was going to court to try to gain custody of the baby. What was the outcome on that? I never see anything in the media about this. So sad.

George's attorney was on Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell tonight. I missed it but the transcript is posted. Starts about 1/2 down the page. Umm, right, sure that happened.

[snipped]

FAGERBERG: He wakes up in the morning. His older sister takes his two younger sisters to school. She comes back at about 8:45. He then takes his older sister to school, comes back home and prepares L for Julie Ann Gonzalez to pick her up.

Julie Ann Gonzalez shows up at about 10:45, 11:00, and at that point decides not to take L and asked George if he could keep her for the weekend and she would pick her up sometime later.

George says, "That`s fine. What`s wrong?" She says, "I have things to do." George then asks Julie Ann, "Would you go to Wal-mart and buy some diapers and wet wipes, because I don`t have it. I`m broke." She says, "I don`t have time, but take my credit card, or debit card and I will get it from you later in the afternoon." George says, "Fine."

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Investigators say they searched George`s house and an affiliate, a CBS affiliate is also reporting that a search warrant shows they collected droplets of blood, human tissue, hair and fibers and that there were signs of an altercation. What do you say to that?

FAGERBERG: No. That`s incorrect. Because if you look at the search warrant, what the search warrant is looking for on any homicide case, they`re looking for blood droplets, they`re looking for tissue. That`s what they`re looking for. They didn`t find any of that.

More at link: http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/15/ijvm.01.html

If they were having problems to the point that Julie usually had someone go with her to pick up and drop off their daughter then why on earth would she just hand over her debit card to him? That would mean he would have a PIN number etc and I just don't think Julie would have done that if everything we have heard thus far is correct regarding their relationship. I will say that I did agree with the atty's that the atty for George should not have said much as now his client is "boxed" into that alibi. Did I hear right that one of the commentators said she could have just "runaway"? Or was I dreaming that? Uh uh no way has she just run off..at least not in my opinion.

Where are you Julie?

I wish LE would have or would still search the trash landfill.

Fagerberg's story misses something, mainly what Julie Ann's mental state would be with respect to the man who would sign her divorce papers..... Why on earth would Julie Ann give her credit card to a man who was making her jump through every hoop to get out of a relationship with him? Why would she suddenly trust him and have a buddy-buddy talk (like the one described by Fagerberg) with him and say she would just be back later to pick up her credit card? Did he use her credit card at McDonald's? If not, then obviously he had some cash to spare. So then why did he need her credit card? How broke was he? And what is broke in this man's head?

Just my opinion, of course.

Fagerberg's client is lying. How many of us here are mothers? If we had an ex, and wanted that ex to keep our child longer wouldn't we bring extra diapers, videos, and spare clothing? Of course we would. End of argument!

George's attorney was on Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell tonight. I missed it but the transcript is posted. Starts about 1/2 down the page. Umm, right, sure that happened.

[snipped]

FAGERBERG: He wakes up in the morning. His older sister takes his two younger sisters to school. She comes back at about 8:45. He then takes his older sister to school, comes back home and prepares L for Julie Ann Gonzalez to pick her up.

Julie Ann Gonzalez shows up at about 10:45, 11:00, and at that point decides not to take L and asked George if he could keep her for the weekend and she would pick her up sometime later.

George says, "That`s fine. What`s wrong?" She says, "I have things to do." George then asks Julie Ann, "Would you go to Wal-mart and buy some diapers and wet wipes, because I don`t have it. I`m broke." She says, "I don`t have time, but take my credit card, or debit card and I will get it from you later in the afternoon." George says, "Fine."

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Investigators say they searched George`s house and an affiliate, a CBS affiliate is also reporting that a search warrant shows they collected droplets of blood, human tissue, hair and fibers and that there were signs of an altercation. What do you say to that?

FAGERBERG: No. That`s incorrect. Because if you look at the search warrant, what the search warrant is looking for on any homicide case, they`re looking for blood droplets, they`re looking for tissue. That`s what they`re looking for. They didn`t find any of that.

More at link: http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/15/ijvm.01.html

Re this timeline, George had plenty of time to kill Julie and put her body in the shed to be disposed of later, and drive her car over to the Walgreen's lot, and walk back or have a friend drive him. 5 hours--that ought to be plenty of time.

Perhaps the hole in the shed came about by George digging up earth that contained decomp fluids.

George said Julie Ann left his residence at 11:00am on March 26, 2010. Let us suppose for a minute that that is when she left, but perhaps in the trunk of her own car with George driving.

This might offer clues as to her location. At 2:20pm on that same day, George was captured on video in a Walmart store with 2 of his sisters and his daughter. We know he used Julie's debit card there for purchasing a video and diapers.

My guess is that George picked up the sisters from school, and then went to Walmart without first taking his sisters home. It just seems logical, and also would serve the purpose of giving George the time to explain to them why he still had his daughter, and to compose himself though they may have been unaware of any composing going on on his part. It may have provided a chance for him to morph back into his every day role as brother George once more before taking the girls home. JMO

Do we know what time they got out of school? Was it possibly 2:00pm? If so, that would have given George 3 hours to drive somewhere, possibly dump or bury Julie, disposing of her body, that is, if she was not placed for a time in the hole in the shed behind his mother's house. He could have then driven to the Walgreen's on Stassney, parked her car, and walked home to wait for the time to go pick up his sisters from school.

I think there is a good chance after parking the car, he could have then walked into the Walgreen's so as not to arouse suspicion, maybe even purchased something, and then walked out, and walked off in the direction of his mother's house. This is just a guess on my part, and something that LE would probably not disclose if they did know that's what he did. It makes sense to me that's what he may have done since he was stupid enough to go to the Walmart and use Julie's debit card the same day she disappeared.

He certainly didn't announce to the police that he used Julie's card when first confronted about her disappearance! No, he waited until the police came to him, and told him they had him on video.

I don't know how old the sisters are, but assuming no holidays/half-days/etc., the earliest release time for schools in Austin is 2:45, and that's for (most) elementary schools. It's later for middle and high schools.

I don't know how old the sisters are, but assuming no holidays/half-days/etc., the earliest release time for schools in Austin is 2:45, and that's for (most) elementary schools. It's later for middle and high schools.

That's what I thought, but wasn't it about 2:30pm that he was captured on video at the Walmart with the sisters in tow or at least 2 of them?

That's what I thought, but wasn't it about 2:30pm that he was captured on video at the Walmart with the sisters in tow or at least 2 of them?

Below mentions Walmart video. Not sure if Fagerberg was implying the sisters went with him to Walmart or if he picked them up/dropped them off before going to Walmart.

As the investigation continued, detectives found financial records that showed a Wal-Mart purchase at 2:20pm on March 26th using Gonzalez’s debit card. Video still shots from surveillance show a male similar in description to DeLaCruz pushing a child in a shopping cart. The young girl appears to be the daughter of Gonzalez and DeLaCruz.
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/warrants-focus-on-missing-mom's-husband

Fagerberg (George's attorney) maintains that De La Cruz had no part in Julie Ann’s disappearance. He said he picked up his sisters, shopped at Wal-Mart, and ate at McDonald’s the day she disappeared in March.
http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html

-snip-

Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, has been missing since March. After several months with no answers, Gonzalez’s mother, Sandra Soto, is turning to a private investigator for help.

Sosa is now earning extra money selling homemade tamales to pay for the private investigator. She says she needs additional help because Austin Police aren’t doing enough.

"The Austin Police Department is not sharing any information with me. I don't know what they're doing,” she said. “I don't know if they're looking. I don't know if they're not looking. I don't know anything.”

http://www.news8austin.com/content/...-of-missing-woman-still-searching-for-answers

her poor mama...

-snip-

Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, has been missing since March. After several months with no answers, Gonzalez’s mother, Sandra Soto, is turning to a private investigator for help.

Sosa is now earning extra money selling homemade tamales to pay for the private investigator. She says she needs additional help because Austin Police aren’t doing enough.

"The Austin Police Department is not sharing any information with me. I don't know what they're doing,” she said. “I don't know if they're looking. I don't know if they're not looking. I don't know anything.”

http://www.news8austin.com/content/...-of-missing-woman-still-searching-for-answers

her poor mama...

Thanks. I feel so bad for her family. They have this posted on the website now.

TAMALE SALES
GOING ON NOW!!!
proceeds will go to finding Julie Ann Gonzalez
this will assist in attorney fee's & private investigator fees.
$8 /dz
spicy or regular
pork
PRE ORDER - BY CALLING SANDRA SOTO 512-903-6204
EMAIL- findjuliegonzalez@yahoo.com
WILL DELIVER IN AUSTIN AREA.​

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/EVENTS.html

I definately would fill my freezer with homemade tamales if I could too watergirl!

Come home soon Julie

Thanks JVM for covering Julie Ann's case!

She just said that Julie Ann's mom has talked w/ her more than LE has talked to her.

Julie Ann's mom has hired her own priv.inv....she said George "knows" where Julie Ann is - he was last one to see her...JVM cut her off & went on to say they needed to get George & his atty on to tell their side.

Poor Julie Ann. It sounds like LE has almost completely fallen from the face of the planet where this case is concerned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back