Jose Baez Both Homes in Foreclosure

I just can't comprehend how he bamboozled the bar into accepting him! It makes me do this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:!

It was worse than why they didn't accept him from the start - he started a couple of charities that both went belly up right after his acceptance - due to non management.

He "cleaned up" a few outstanding debts.

I've always wondered if he paid back all of the waayy over due child support or asked his ex to drop the case, saying he would pay it back when he got a better paying job, then bailed again - (he was ordered to pay back more than the original because of fees and interest).

We have old threads where this was all discussed.

Well, he obviously didn't spend it on his house.

I could understand sleuthing past cases, how he handles himself in a courtroom, who he has represented before....you know that kind of stuff.
But, foreclosure is his personal business. Has nothing to do with Casey/Caylee.

BTW, I can't stand him either. I think as an attorney, he's a snake. But, IMO his personal life should not be posted everywhere. He has not comitted a crime. He is not a POI or a suspect.

I just think it kinda crosses a WS line. JMO

He's as bad as a criminal. He's taking tax money after blowing through 300k in blood money. Hopefully he'll be brought up on something before or after this is all over.

Some of the "personal" finance issues that the Florida Bar was concerned with when they DENIED JB admission on June 29, 2000:

- failure to pay court-ordered child support
- failure to pay court-ordered health or life insurance for his child
- chose unnecessary expense of foreign study program - while not working
- extravagant epense - lease of Mazda Miata $ 340/month - rather than pay his bills
- Sept 1990 Bankruptcy
- Default Judgement unsatisfied by April 1998
- May 1994 - wrote a worthless check
- January 1995 - default on student loan
- October 1995 - delinquent health club membership - by Dec 1997 owed $ 850 - obligated himself
to pay for a membership he could not afford
- 1995 - 1997 JAB had no checking account due to past problems writing worthless checks -
failed to maintain proper records for a checking account opened Aug 1997
- on law school application - failed to disclose 1989 charge of simple assault and 1994 charge of
writing worthless check
- continued to write worthless checks even after law school graduation and employment
- shown to be untruthful during Bar Hearing

And WAY TO GO Florida Bar Association for admitting this gem and allowing him to be an officer of the court. Maybe the Bar should be investigated?? lol

It was worse than why they didn't accept him from the start - he started a couple of charities that both went belly up right after his acceptance - due to non management.

He "cleaned up" a few outstanding debts.

I've always wondered if he paid back all of the waayy over due child support or asked his ex to drop the case, saying he would pay it back when he got a better paying job, then bailed again - (he was ordered to pay back more than the original because of fees and interest).

We have old threads where this was all discussed.

Well all he's been doing is adding to his debt ever since! The Miracle for Children was closed 6 days BEFORE he was accepted!

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/corde...ret_princ_comp_name=BAEZJOSE&ret_princ_type=R

http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/0/3A2DB569807C9B46852570970071F970?OpenDocument

And this is an attorney who according to himself, doesn't keep track of his billable hours. The man is a financial :loser:

uhhh...uhhh...okay, I KNEW it was bad, but...:eek:

I don't even know how to spell what I am thinking. :rotfl:

lol, I don't know why you're shocked, isn't this the Baez we see all the time in court?

And WAY TO GO Florida Bar Association for admitting this gem and allowing him to be an officer of the court. Maybe the Bar should be investigated?? lol

Has that ever been done? Who would do it? Can we introduce a bill to make this happen LOL?

He's as bad as a criminal. He's taking tax money after blowing through 300k in blood money. Hopefully he'll be brought up on something before or after this is all over.

Ok, what I meant was he has not comitted "the" crime. As in, the crime that is the topic of this forum. I never said he was a good person or without fault. I never said he was the poster boy for good common sense or paying his bills on time.

I was just trying to understand how his personal finances were related to Caylee.

I asked questions, and I got answers and I do appreciate them.

I just can't comprehend how he bamboozled the bar into accepting him! It makes me do this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:!

DITTO! ... or how they keep him as an attorney in good standing with the Florida Bar????

DITTO! ... or how they keep him as an attorney in good standing with the Florida Bar????

So do you think any and/or all of these apply?:

5.1 FAILURE TO MAINTAIN PERSONAL INTEGRITY

Absent aggravating or mitigating circumstances, and upon application of the factors set out in Standard 3.0, the following sanctions are generally appropriate in cases involving commission of a criminal act that reflects adversely on the lawyer's honesty, trustworthiness, or fitness as a lawyer in other respects, or in cases with conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation:

5.11 Disbarment is appropriate when:

(a) lawyer is convicted of a felony under applicable law; or
(b) a lawyer engages in serious criminal conduct, a necessary element of which includes intentional interference with the administration of justice, false swearing, misrepresentation, fraud, extortion, misappropriation, or theft; or
(c) a lawyer engages in the sale, distribution or importation of controlled substances; or
(d) a lawyer engages in the intentional killing of another; or
(e) a lawyer attempts or conspires or solicits another to commit any of the offenses listed in sections (a)-(d); or
(f) a lawyer engages in any other intentional conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation that seriously adversely reflects on the lawyer's fitness to practice.

5.12 Suspension is appropriate when a lawyer knowingly engages in criminal conduct which is not included within Standard 5.11 and that seriously adversely reflects on the lawyer's fitness to practice.

5.13 Public reprimand is appropriate when a lawyer knowingly engages in any other conduct that involves dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation and that adversely reflects on the lawyer's fitness to practice law.

5.14 Admonishment is appropriate when a lawyer engages in any other conduct that reflects adversely on the lawyer's fitness to practice law.

5.2 FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE PUBLIC TRUST

Absent aggravating or mitigating circumstances, and upon application of the factors set out in Standard 3.0, the following sanctions are generally appropriate in cases involving public officials who engage in conduct that is prejudicial to the administration of justice or who state or imply an ability to influence improperly a government agency or official:

5.21 Disbarment is appropriate when a lawyer in an official or governmental position knowingly misuses the position with the intent to obtain a significant benefit or advantage for himself or another, or with the intent to cause serious or potentially serious injury to a party or to the integrity of the legal process.

5.22 Suspension is appropriate when a lawyer in an official or governmental position knowingly fails to follow proper procedures or rules, and causes injury or potential injury to a party or to the integrity of the legal process.

5.23 Public reprimand is appropriate when a lawyer in an official or governmental position negligently fails to follow proper procedures or rules, and causes injury or potential injury to a party or to the integrity of the legal process.

5.24 Admonishment is appropriate when a lawyer in an official or governmental position negligently fails to follow proper procedures or rules, and causes little or no actual or potential injury to a party or to the integrity of the legal process.

6.0 VIOLATIONS OF DUTIES OWED TO THE LEGAL SYSTEM

6.1 FALSE STATEMENTS, FRAUD, AND MISREPRESENTATION

Absent aggravating or mitigating circumstances, and upon application of the factors set out in Standard 3.0, the following sanctions are generally appropriate in cases involving conduct that is prejudicial to the administration of justice or that involves dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation to a court:

6.11 Disbarment is appropriate when a lawyer:
(a) with the intent to deceive the court, knowingly makes a false statement or submits a false document; or
(b) improperly withholds material information, and causes serious or potentially serious injury to a party, or causes a significant or potentially significant adverse effect on the legal proceeding.

6.12 Suspension is appropriate when a lawyer knows that false statements or documents are being submitted to the court or that material information is improperly being withheld, and takes no remedial action.

6.13 Public reprimand is appropriate when a lawyer is negligent either in determining whether statements or documents are false or in taking remedial action when material information is being withheld.

6.14 Admonishment is appropriate when a lawyer is negligent in determining whether submitted statements or documents are false or in failing to disclose material information upon learning of its falsity, and causes little or no actual or potential injury to a party, or causes little or no adverse or potentially adverse effect on the legal proceeding.

6.2 ABUSE OF THE LEGAL PROCESS

Absent aggravating or mitigating circumstances, and upon application of the factors set out in Standard 3.0, the following sanctions are generally appropriate in cases involving failure to expedite litigation or bring a meritorious claim, or failure to obey any obligation under the rules of a tribunal except for an open refusal based on an assertion that no valid obligation exists:

6.21 Disbarment is appropriate when a lawyer knowingly violates a court order or rule with the intent to obtain a benefit for the lawyer or another, and causes serious injury or potentially serious injury to a party or causes serious or potentially serious interference with a legal proceeding.

6.22 Suspension is appropriate when a lawyer knowingly violates a court order or rule, and causes injury or potential injury to a client or a party, or causes interference or potential interference with a legal proceeding.

6.23 Public reprimand is appropriate when a lawyer negligently fails to comply with a court order or rule, and causes injury or potential injury to a client or other party, or causes interference or potential interference with a legal proceeding.

6.24 Admonishment is appropriate when a lawyer negligently fails to comply with a court order or rule, and causes little or no injury to a party, or causes little or no actual or potential interference with a legal proceeding.

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBLa...penDocument#A. PURPOSE AND NATURE OF SANCTION

Foreclosure #2 - Woodstream Docket Update:

Date Text

09/13/2010 AFFIDAVIT FOR CONSTRUCTIVE SERVICE OF DEFENDANTS

09/10/2010 DEFENDANTS' MOTION TO DISMISS COMPLAINT

And this is an attorney who according to himself, doesn't keep track of his billable hours. The man is a financial :loser:

Why start keeping track of anything now, when his past clearly shows that he never has or did.

He has the same attitude that his client does, IMO, "Easy come, easy go, oh well.

I wonder if he has to run up to AMSCOTT to cash his checks or pay his bills when and if he decides to do so???

But at the presser look at the fancy LOGO on the stone wall in a fancy building ...........
who and why would ANYONE join HIS law firm????

Ok, what I meant was he has not comitted "the" crime. As in, the crime that is the topic of this forum. I never said he was a good person or without fault. I never said he was the poster boy for good common sense or paying his bills on time.

I was just trying to understand how his personal finances were related to Caylee.

I asked questions, and I got answers and I do appreciate them.

I love to get carried away sometimes...

Wow! Sounds like someone else we all know what with the bad checks and lying and not working! :dance:

Sounds like Jose should get himself a little part-time job. I hear Universal Studios is hiring. :)

But at the presser look at the fancy LOGO on the stone wall in a fancy building ...........
who and why would ANYONE join HIS law firm????

Maybe I'll send him a poster size print of the Attorney's Oath for christmas :waitasec:

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBProfess.nsf/0/04e9eb581538255a85256b2f006ccd7d!OpenDocument&Click=

Oath of Admission to The Florida Bar

The general principles which should ever control the lawyer in the practice of the legal profession are clearly set forth in the following oath of admission to the Bar, which the lawyer is sworn on admission to obey and for the willful violation to which disbarment may be had.

"I do solemnly swear:

"I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Florida;

"I will maintain the respect due to courts of justice and judicial officers;

"I will not counsel or maintain any suit or proceedings which shall appear to me to be unjust, nor any defense except such as I believe to be honestly debatable under the law of the land;

"I will employ for the purpose of maintaining the causes confided to me such means only as are consistent with truth and honor, and will never seek to mislead the judge or jury by any artifice or false statement of fact or law;

"I will maintain the confidence and preserve inviolate the secrets of my clients, and will accept no compensation in connection with their business except from them or with their knowledge and approval;

"I will abstain from all offensive personality and advance no fact prejudicial to the honor or reputation of a party or witness, unless required by the justice of the cause with which I am charged;

"I will never reject, from any consideration personal to myself, the cause of the defenseless or oppressed, or delay anyone's cause for lucre or malice. So help me God."

Naaaah, I'd rather donate the money to Texas Equusearch.

Given the options from the information from the Florida bar, I think he qualifies for disbarment for willfully circumventing rules and court orders:.

Here are a few reasons why:

- serving as the intermediary for communications between KC and her family (i.e. that violates jail rules).

- providing her family with disposable cell phones (to avoid that pesky paper trail from cell phone statements - that could be called obstruction).

- allowing her to spend all day, every day at his office while she was out on bail, undoubtedly surfing the net which violated the terms of her bail.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but it seems like enough to qualify for disbarment.

Is he doing this to avoid paying CS??? Tsk Tsk...

Is he doing this to avoid paying CS??? Tsk Tsk...

I have no idea about the child support.

IMO, if Baez were applying to the bar today, with his current financial status, I can't imagine he would be accepted. So why is he still given the privilege to practice now?

BTW - Same attorney Cindy Duque filed notice of appearance on his second foreclosure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hirundo
Back