GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is not appropriate or has been talked about, my apologies in advance.

I thought I read ONCE very briefly, and then haven't heard anything else- that Stephanie has 3 kids. Is this true? Where are they in all of this? And if the local chatter on fb is correct that Stephanie was living with Tina, were her kids as well? I'm just so confused on my things. The truck, the living situation, etc.

The little I've been able to glean from local chatter is that Stephanie had been married a couple of times and is divorced (or separated) with kids. Stephanie is in her early 40s, so her kids might be grown and/or they could be living with their father(s). Yes. There are huge gaps missing from the fact column.

I thought I read ONCE very briefly, and then haven't heard anything else- that Stephanie has 3 kids. Is this true? Where are they in all of this? And if the local chatter on fb is correct that Stephanie was living with Tina, were her kids as well? I'm just so confused on my things. The truck, the living situation, etc.
Barber said Sprang's three children — 20, 17 and 9 — have been questioned, and her family and friends are wondering why and how she disappeared.

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20101113/31999928-7ccf-4c3a-8d0d-07c6b8fdbbdd

We can only speculate that the kids live with their fathers. The oldest, at least, could be on his/her own or at college. Had any of them been living at Tina's house, I think we would have heard.

JMO

There must be some way he got them into his car without having to rope them all and then hide them during the ride. They must have trusted him at some point.... I can't help feeling that.

What bothers me about the Wellness check is what was the purpose of it if they are just going to ring the bell and leave if no one answers? If I haven't heard from my grandmother in another state and am concerned and call and ask for a wellness check I would hope they do more than just ring the bell, note that the lights are on and the car is there and no one is answering, not only in the evening but also at 11pm. Because I would hope that would be even more alarming to them than if the house was dark/and or the car was gone. That is when I want them looking through all the windows and doing whatever they need to to gain access and check on her.

Did he do anything more? Look in the windows? I am not blaming them, hindsight is 20/20, but I just don't understand what a "Wellness Check" is if they don't or can't do anything to actually determine if the person is okay. Grandma could be on the floor in an with a broken hip-- how many times/days do they have to come to the house and see lights on and car in the driveway before they decide that maybe she isn't okay?

ITA! If there is a vehicle in the driveway and the lights are on, especially at 11 p.m., and no one answers the door, that should warrant further investigation. About the only thing that officer could determine is that the house hadn't burnt to the ground. Both wellness checks accomplished nothing. :banghead:

JMO

This was posted upthread.....MAYBE there's some truth to it??? Hoping the poster will verify where that info came from.

FB. Lady had a full name and was posting among locals. Figured they'd know if she was the business owner or not. I would for my little town. If Tina had errands, she'd have to do them in the mornings.

There must be some way he got them into his car without having to rope them all and then hide them during the ride. They must have trusted him at some point.... I can't help feeling that.

That's one possibility. Another is that they were already deceased. Yet another is that he held a knife to the throat of one hostage and got one of the women to drive. Or he had a gun trained on one.

JMO

Well, he was in the house, but it wasn't a home invasion, so he was either asked in or it began as another "burglary gone wrong."

In any case, he had plenty of time to do whatever. They could have been killed in the house. Choked, maybe.

That's one possibility. Another is that they were already deceased. Yet another is that he held a knife to the throat of one hostage and got one of the women to drive. Or he had a gun trained on one.

JMO
I've kind of been leaning this direction myself....that's assuming he didn't have an accomplice which I'm guessing LE doesn't seem to believe he did or at least they're not giving any indication that they do.

It would explain how at least two vehicles were used.....one of the adult women (likely Tina....since Sarah didn't see Stephanie) driving alone and MH in the other vehicle with the two children. She probably wouldn't have attempted to get away from him and seek help since he had the kids and had threatened her before they left her house. This is all just speculation on my part.

That's one possibility. Another is that they were already deceased. Yet another is that he held a knife to the throat of one hostage and got one of the women to drive. Or he had a gun trained on one.JMO

bbm

Imo this is a likely scenario. Although they are all slight (the heaviest woman weighs 110 lbs according to posters) and he is 6'1, 185# and looks like he works out, strong (ugh), keeping them alive and controlling them by threats seems like it might appeal more to the "arsonist type" personality. Which could lead more credence to the possiblility of a hopeful outcome. But it has been a week now :(

People can be "coerced" to do almost anything using a very little amount of force if one threatens to, or not to do certan things to them or even more so with thier children. A very small weak individual can incapacitate a very big and strong individual if they are willing to act out towards what we hold most dear (our children). The victims likely did not trust MH at all, they just acted in a way that they felt at the time would spare some, if not all of them from harm.

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - Search crews found more possible clues Wednesday in the case of three missing people from Knox County.

According to Lisa Kelley, a volunteer from Columbus who is assisting with the search, her team recovered a tennis shoe, burnt hair clip, white sheet and a purple sweatshirt near a creek. Kelley said investigators took the items away to be processed.

The creek is not far from 30-year-old Matthew Hoffman’s home.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...d-new-items-near-suspects-home-in-knox-county

:eek: OMG (bold-red mine)..............did he burn the bodies!

That picture made me tear up. I hope it's a sign...
What an awesome picture.......for some reason......it gives me hope. I keep wondering if they're alive and hidden somewhere and they haven't been able to get themselves free yet. It's been a long while for them to be without food/water though. Probably wishful thinking I know but I'm still clinging to that last sliver of hope.....stranger things have happened.

The little I've been able to glean from local chatter is that Stephanie had been married a couple of times and is divorced (or separated) with kids. Stephanie is in her early 40s, so her kids might be grown and/or they could be living with their father(s). Yes. There are huge gaps missing from the fact column.

I read somewhere a last week (MSM) that an older son had driven back to Howard when Stephanie was reported missing.

And I can't remember where I read that she had "two older kids" and a younger one (seems like it was comments to article)...I haven't read where any of her kids were living.

(BBM)

Sorry, but I got into this forum late in the game. How do we know when Sarah saw Stephanie last? Since I've been on the scene, the Sheriff wouldn't divulge anything Sarah has told LE since her rescue.

So, if this is the case, then we can assume that either Stephanie was not at the house on Wednesday morning when Sarah left for school, or if Stephanie was living there (as some have claimed), she (Steph) was still asleep in the early morning.

Ex-BF, who left the house at 3:40 a.m. Wednesday, should be able to answer whether or not Stephanie was living or staying there early last week. I wonder if anyone asked him.

(So many questions, so few answers.)

In the presser on Monday, Sheriff Barber stated that the last time Sarah saw her mother, Tina, and brother, Kody, was on Wednesday. He said the last time Sarah saw Stephanie was on Tuesday. He did not elaborate any further even though reporters asked questions.

bbm

Imo this is a likely scenario. Although they are all slight (the heaviest woman weighs 110 lbs according to posters) and he is 6'1, 185# and looks like he works out, strong (ugh), keeping them alive and controlling them by threats seems like it might appeal more to the "arsonist type" personality. Which could lead more credence to the possiblility of a hopeful outcome. But it has been a week now :(

BBM

We may be dealing with an arsonist type personality, but I figure that he was not the true arsonist type. I see it more likely that the arson was just one step in building himself up enough to move to the more (pardon the expression) "exciting" behavior of kidnapping and possibly worse. That is one of the progressions that is often seen in a psychopath.

They will commit small insignificant crimes until they lose that exciting effect (much like building up a tolerance for a drug) and then they will have to move on to bigger, more dangerous crimes to get that same feeling.

Am I remembering correctly… didn't Barber say something during one of the PCs, yesterday or Monday, about Sarah leaving the house with her mother and brother, implying that Stephanie was not with them when they left?

I am hoping for a positive outcome too. But if they are still alive they need to be found fast. Time is running out, if it hasn't already. And if they are no longer alive, their families need to know that too, even if it's not the news they want to hear. I doubt their loved ones have slept all week. They must be in a terrible emotional state. Not knowing must be torture. Also, the sooner they find them the better, evidence-wise.

Stephanie has three children two boys and a girl, ages 9, 17, and 19. I've found the divorce records for Stephanie and two husbands. She was divorced from the first husband in 1995 and they had two children. She was divorced from the second husband in 2007 and I'm assuming that the youngest child was from that marriage.

I think the children are living with their fathers. In the first divorce, the two children had a week with one parent and a week with the other. That may be the case with the youngest too.

Someone has posted on FB that the description of Stephanie's clothes came from an employee at a Mt. Vernon tanning salon who saw her at around noon on Wednesday. Good clue, if true.

Aside: When I go out shopping in our medium-sized town, I try to dress semi-decently. But several years ago, I realized that when I run into someone I know, I can never remember what they had been wearing at all, most especially their shoes. It made me wonder if anyone noticed what I was wearing. Thankfully, when my kids were small they never went missing, even for a short time. I would have been hard pressed to remember what they had been wearing. Maybe it's just me. It seems that most people have better recall than I do.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members