TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to why i trust Dean........they have to have an awful good reason for putting this out about the family. They are not just going to throw things like that out there for chits and giggles..........they are telling people the family is being less than honest. There is no big conspiracy going on to frame this family.

I do not think LE is conspiring to frame anyone but I do think it is an investigative tactic LE uses. I also think that LE will get a theory going and like a dog with a bone does not want to let go and explore the squeaky toy.

Phone record on Tuesday would have to be the text/call to MB from DD, telling Hailey to come home.

It would have nothing to do with the phone call in the backyard that the neighbor reports since that was on Monday...? :twocents:

These folks must be so burned out from trying to remember everything and anything that may have led to this, I am surprised they can remember their own names. Situations like this are beyond comprehension.
You know Hailey can't even call her mother because her mother doesn't have her phone.

Thank you czgtz - so LE still has the phone.

Teens text. and text and text and text and text and......

Some of the "tips" and "leads" and "story inconsistencies" could be coming from matching up and talking to people about texts that are on the phone.

About the "phone record verifying her missing on Tuesday".

Here's a thought:

Maybe he means that DD texted (or called - but text would prove he asked specifically about Hailey) MB when Billie called him and told him to. Then DD calls Billie and the rest we know.

So maybe he's saying because they have a record of the calls to MB and back and forth with DD and Billie that THAT verifies that Hailey is missing on Tuesday.

Get my drift? I'm reaching but its about the only thing I can come up with. He's actually saying nothing new - but it sounds new.

That's what I'm thinking. Tuesday because she was reported missing. Prior to that is to messed up to pin down.

Or perhaps she was nervous and upset and not thinking clearly??? After all her daughter Hailey is missing?

Now if she would have carried it on for a week maybe it would have been a mistruth

Totally could have been a slip of the tongue. If that were the case when pressured on 1/4 about it she could have just said so. Instead it was kind of a *thud* moment ya know?

I'm thinking that starting to turn them against each other is the method here. Don't forget...we are not just dealing with an interim chief of police and the city manager anymore. We're talking Texas Rangers, FBI, and Secret Service. I suspect that, while on the outside it looks to some of us like things are being bumbled...there is an awful lot of stuff going on behind the scenes here. I've got to put my faith in Sparky and the big boys on this one.

Here's an example of what TX DPS did this weekend.

There's been a serial rapist (attacking elderly women) in Central & south TX, and LE in Edna caught a guy when a woman used her medical alert...the perp ran off, local LE caught him.

A team of TX DPS *flew* to Jackson County, got his DNA swab, then *flew* the DNA sample to Waco, and the lab worked overnite.

They confirmed his DNA matches in previous rapes.

TX DPS doesn't mess around - so yes, I have faith in them....I just wish we knew more about what was going on here - especially since they've started talking about the 'family' being 'deceptive'....it doesn't make sense at all - even if BD isn't part of the 'family' that's not forthcoming.

When we had a personal traumatic event here. My days all began to run together. I wasn't sleeping, eating and a million things were going on between phone calls, LE interviews, and everything else. I would jot down notes on my desk blotter at the time because I knew I would forget half of what was going on. Even with the scribbled barely legible notes, things got VERY jumbled in my head. At the time, all I was focused on was the well being of my child. If anything, slight variations IMO point to the person trying to be truthful. If everything was stated exactly the same every time it was answered, I would think THAT person was being deceptive.

"The family won't help us isolate the when and where," Dean said. "The stories of key players changed as recent as last night. The only reason we know Hailey is missing Tuesday is a phone record."

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/authorities-seek-possible-witnesses

There is NO good reason for this, only bad. What are they hiding??????????????

So.... if it's not isolated when/where Hailey went missing, then is he implying that they don't believe SA's version regarding 3:15 from home? Is that a logical conclusion here? If they believed him, then wouldn't they have isolated the when/where?

Since LE physically has the phone, do you think that they are answering it if it rings? Would they want to have the phone in case HD calls?

LE can not legally answer any calls that come to those phones. They can however monitor each call going in/out and each voicemail that is left with the provider.

More than likely, those phones are being stored for some reason. LE doesn't need those phones for anything other than DNA or forensic evidence.

Sure but one would think he would at least have the smarts to know LE would check out his story. I just think if he were hiding something it would have been easier for him to say she was not home when he arrived. At that point he wouldn't be considered the last person to see her, etc.

I can't stop thinking she met up with someone she met on the net.

The sleepover story is what caused BO not to look for Hailey or report her missing until the next day. 24 hours is a huge amount of time in a missing person's case. BO went to work the next morning thinking Hailey was at her friend's house. SA did not have to go to work but he let BO think that he did. IMO, he told that story to buy time to cover up what really happened.

MOO

Thank you czgtz - so LE still has the phone.

Teens text. and text and text and text and text and......

Some of the "tips" and "leads" and "story inconsistencies" could be coming from matching up and talking to people about texts that are on the phone.

But do texts show up on phone records normally? I've never seen the actual text of the text on the record. But does the phone company keep all of that? That sure seems like an awful lot of data to store...

Or perhaps she was nervous and upset and not thinking clearly??? After all her daughter Hailey is missing?

Now if she would have carried it on for a week maybe it would have been a mistruth

Anything is possible. It's troubling though and I don't like it. At this point I'm not putting my faith in anyone involved.

To quote Mark Klaas. The truth never changes.

The sleepover story is what caused BO not to look for Hailey or report her missing until the next day. 24 hours is a huge amount of time in a missing person's case. BO went to work the next morning thinking Hailey was at her friend's house. SA did not have to go to work but he let BO think that he did. IMO, he told that story to buy time to cover up what realley happened.

MOO
yep and which is exactly why it is so important to know where he was and what he did Tuesday AM after Billie went to work.

Hi CZGTZ!!! So happy you are here to help us...

Question:
When did Billie learn Shawn was fired?

**at the latest wednesday when the PD interviewed them

My understanding from what Billie said was:
1/3--On NG Billie said SA arrived home from "work" on the Dec. 27th.
1/4--On NG Billie said SA arrived home from his "mother's" on dec. 27th.

Why would she say he arrived home from "work" if he had not been at work because he had gotten fired that morning if she knew he had been fired on 1/3

**Honestly, no idea. She could have misspoken, or just have been telling the story as if played out for her... in first person how she discovered things

Because Billie said on 1/3 SA arrived home from "work" on the Dec. 27th, led me to believe Billie did not know SA had lost his job. Because, why would she say he arrived home from "work" if he had not been at work because he had gotten fired that morning.

**See previous answer.

Did Billie know on Jan. 3 when on Nancy Grace that SA had been fired Dec. 27-- the same day Hailey went missing?

**at the latest wednesday when the PD interviewed them

Or did she find this out after the 1/3 NG show?

Thank you for clearing this up!!

the *** are my answers. please remember, all I can say is what Billie told me. she is distraught, and might very well have misspoken on NG due to stress or nerves.

But do texts show up on phone records normally? I've never seen the actual text of the text on the record. But does the phone company keep all of that? That sure seems like an awful lot of data to store...
oh yes. They can get it all. But now I remember that this is a prepaid and I think it takes a little longer to get it - but they get it. Between the Rangers and the FBI you can bet they've had those records for quite a few days now - but maybe they did finally get them Fri or Sat which is why now all this sudden "the family isn't telling all" stance is coming out. the texts and calls aren't matching to what they've been told.

They sure do!

Here's an example of what TX DPS did this weekend.

There's been a serial rapist (attacking elderly women) in Central & south TX, and LE in Edna caught a guy when a woman used her medical alert...the perp ran off, local LE caught him.

A team of TX DPS *flew* to Jackson County, got his DNA swab, then *flew* the DNA sample to Waco, and the lab worked overnite.

They confirmed his DNA matches in previous rapes.

TX DPS doesn't mess around - so yes, I have faith in them....I just wish we knew more about what was going on here - especially since they've started talking about the 'family' being 'deceptive'....it doesn't make sense at all - even if BD isn't part of the 'family' that's not forthcoming.

See, that's kinda what I've been thinking too! We're not just talking about small town LE here. That's why all this 'funky stuff' regarding the polys bother me. I just have a huge problem believing that we're dealing with bottom of the barrel examiners that would make huge blunders regarding telling someone that SA failed his poly right before giving Billie hers....and all these people failing...and then LE telling them that they failed and that others failed?

I don't know what it is but something just ain't right imo..

czqtz does Billy have a phone with a number Hailey can call her on if she wants to come home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam