GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there was no access to the rest of the house through the flat, going out the only entrance on the side of the buidling was the only option. The only obvious place to hide a body would be the shed ... or in another part of the house, but that would be quite a risk to take a body into the public entrance to several suites.
Well, hopefully they will find something ..... maybe in the shed (at least that would humour our Phill!!!)

His name was "Lawrence" and he claimed to have been the window cleaner at no 44 for a number of years, although he has sinced moved away, I do remember that he said the two flats above Joanna's had their kitchen windows looking out over Jo's front door, but their sinks would be in the way so they would not be able to look down, I know he said there was an extractor fan in the kitchen window as well.... cant remember much else....but this blogger got into an altercation with the FB group because she copy/pasted some of his comments, hope it's ok to link? there may be some info that may assist your (Otto&Phill) 'plan's http://steelmagnolia-gossips.blogspot.com/2011/01/lawrence-on-facebook-is-back-with-some.html

Good find. He also makes some interesting points there about the boundary with 42.

I expect the police knew J/Y had been killed when they entered the flat the first time, the parents must have been told to prepare for the worst, it accounts for the things they said at the time.

The police then arrested LL, they must have known then that the body had rested somewhere before being moved to the roadside, and they must have thought the place would be in the LLs place.

They still need to find that place, so are now looking at plans of the building thinking there may be a hidden cupboard to place a body, they may still have the LL in mind.

The other news was the video of best friend R/S , the police sent her a message early Monday morning saying J/Y was missing, she panicked and rang J/Ys phone and G/R answered, her best friend had been missing for two days and no one had got in touch to ask if she had heard from J/Y, strange the police had left her phone with G/R if they thought she was already dead.

Its possible he did’nt ring as he knew J/Y was already dead when he entered the flat, the parents said they knew there was something very wrong when they entered the flat, I expect they knew too, I wonder what it was.

[FONT=&quot]The police have also checked the Bristol Zoo cams, maybe they are connecting the murder with Glenis Carruthers in 1976

Its all quiet at the moment, no warnings for young ladies to take care walking home, maybe they already have a good idea, and need the evidence, every morning I think there may be news of an arrest, I hope it will come soon.
Justice for Jo.
[/FONT]

The thing is, IF he did dump her on Friday 17th (which I believe) and she had been found, the police wouldn't have a clue who she was, no ID, no young lady in Bristol reported missing (yet) was he hoping it would hit the news that the body of a young woman had been found, and then he could have rang round from Sheffield to see if anyone had heard from her?......

Yeah but what if GR hadnt been watching the news for a couple of days ?? ;) he would of still used the same story as he did when he got back.

Hi Destroyer - In my opinion he got 'lucky' and things fell into place easier than he thought. Jo's body lay there until found on the 25th I think that he thought it would be found a lot sooner than that and of course he already had 'luck' on his side again when he needed a jump start to begin with. All very simple and clear --- he thought he would get away with it by disassociation. I'm sure by now he's waiting for a knock at the door and maybe even toying with the idea of talking to someone. I know it sounds petty but even the donations to charity was a red flag to me...I feel thats putting the emphasis on Jo and taking any attention away from him. All my opinion though and I can be very stubborn!

Hi Pipkins & welcome to Websleuths, i agree mostly with exactly what you have sais above - the only thing that makes me wonder is 'did he plan it ??'.

Going to leave this alone now ... unless we get more info

YeatesFloorplan1fsm.jpg

YeatesFloorplan1g.jpg

Keep it up guys, what a fantastic thread & community weve built up over the last 3 weeks - the attention to detail has been second to none & the artwork, graphics & images provided by Phillb & Otto have been nothing short of fantastic !

The overview plan images of the house/flat are remarkable, this is like being deeply involved in the investigation & i intend to see this through right up until we get our man !!!

I can't believe they would report old leads and old news.
I think it has to be accepted the Police have serious doubts the body was in Longwood Lane for 8 days.

Totally agree.

If it is him, for whatever reason his alibi is holding up. If it is him, apparently no one saw him at the flat in the time frames in question. If it is him, forensic and DNA evidence is completely frustrated and may be almost useless. His DNA is obviously all over the flat, his car, and would be on JY since they slept in the same bed, were together at lunch, etc. Her DNA would be on him, in the car, etc. Only some unusual DNA would point to him (i.e DNA that is in a place it shouldn't be). In addition to the difficulty in believing that the body could have been there for 8 day (as has been discussed in this forum) LE may be looking at an interim holding location as a place to find DNA where it shouldn't be.

Here's a concept plan for the flat ... not sure if the doors and openings are correctly placed

YeatesFloorplan1a.jpg

YeatesFloorplan1b.jpg

It's my understanding CJ lives in the flat above, presumably his ground floor covers that whole space shown. Question - is the space next to GR/JY's flat another basement flat, or is it perhaps a basement underneath CJ's groundfloor flat? If it is a basement under CJ's flat, is it a proper celler and accessible to CJ's flat? Is it an old basement walled off and not accessible to CJ's flat? Is there another exterior door (like Jo's) that accesses it? Is there an access into GR/JY's flat from the other 1/2 basement such as a utility door put ther during the construction/remodel of Jo's flat (which I understand was in 1988)? I presume these are the questions being asked. But I find it hard to believe they would just be starting that now.

On the question of whether there is another basement, I do agree all Victorians would have a basement, but I believe this one is a "1/2 basement" due to the fact the land is not level, and from the front the whole floor is underground, but from the back (where Jo's door was) it is only 1/2 underground. So I believe this would be the last floor.

It's my understanding CJ lives in the flat above, presumably his ground floor covers that whole space shown. Question - is the space next to GR/JY's flat another basement flat, or is it perhaps a basement underneath CJ's groundfloor flat? If it is a basement under CJ's flat, is it a proper celler and accessible to CJ's flat? Is it an old basement walled off and not accessible to CJ's flat? Is there another exterior door (like Jo's) that accesses it? Is there an access into GR/JY's flat? I presume these are the questions being asked. But I find it hard to believe they would just be starting that now.

On the question of whether there is another basement, I do agree all Victorians would have a basement, but I believe this one is a "1/2 basement" due to the fact the land is not level, and from the front the whole floor is underground, but from the back (where Jo's door was) it is only 1/2 underground. So I believe this would be the last floor.

The door is on the ground level, so there are probably some stairs going down before entering the garden flat ... good point. I'll see if I can fit some stairs in. The front of the flat has windows, so this particular garden flat seems to be half under the ground - front to back.

It's my understanding CJ lives in the flat above, presumably his ground floor covers that whole space shown. Question - is the space next to GR/JY's flat another basement flat, or is it perhaps a basement underneath CJ's groundfloor flat? If it is a basement under CJ's flat, is it a proper celler and accessible to CJ's flat? Is it an old basement walled off and not accessible to CJ's flat? Is there another exterior door (like Jo's) that accesses it? Is there an access into GR/JY's flat from the other 1/2 basement such as a utility door put ther during the construction/remodel of Jo's flat (which I understand was in 1988)? I presume these are the questions being asked. But I find it hard to believe they would just be starting that now.

I think these questions have just been answered. It's the other basement flat, JY+GR's flat being one of two basement flats in the building. I believe it is completely separate, not accessible from the landlord's property and there is no interconnecting door, but without seeing up-to-date plans or seeing photographs of the property I don't know for certain.

These graphics are stunning... Amazing work on this thread...And a very collegial group...

Here's an update with the stairs ... where I think they could be ... and with the stairs, if she was murdered in the flat, then we have to consider that whoever did this must be strong enough to carry her up a few stairs (I'm guessing the stairs are about 4' in height).

YeatesFloorplan2.jpg

YeatesFloorplan2c.jpg

I feel like I'm spamming with images ... but with a joint effort, we should be able to figure this out.

5353657787_b368868d60_z.jpg

Mickey and Otto, I think the Police would have wanted the original plans regarding the small outbuilding at the end of the property. The one connecting 42 and 44 you can see on these old plans. It's obviously not there now, but they will have wanted to see if there was any void or false wall when the building was converted.

And great job with these models and plans Otto and guys. I half expect to see bricks and mortar next. Agreed there's some very clever work going on here.
I would go as far to say were putting the Police to shame lol :)

No, wasn't thinking of the middle of the night..just half light 7am or 5.30/6pm....darker than Christmas morning.

If it's anything like round here, many of the dog walkers are retired, and you can set your watch by them, any day of the year.

To further back up my theory that Jo's body can't have been in Longwood Lane for 8 days, i've just checked on the depth of snow in Bristol for that Christmas week from the 18th. I have to say i'm more certain than ever her body hadn't lain there undiscovered for 8 days now.

5285078337_067cc8ff6b_z.jpg

The light dusting of snow at 10.22 a.m on the morning of Saturday the 18th December in Bristol.
The morning after Jo's body was supposed to have been dumped??
The original shot taken at St Peters Church in Castle Park Bristol can be seen here
http://snipurl.com/1ug20u

5356045959_799cf7582a_z.jpg

The Exif data info to back that up.

5275216638_777bfc147c_z.jpg

Next day shot on Sunday the 19th Decemember at Arnos Vale Cemetery Bristol.
The original shot can be seen here
http://snipurl.com/1ug27w
All dates the shot were taken can be seen on the left of the page.
You can also read the EXIF data yourself if your a flickr member, or have a programme to do it.

5356045955_38f66f12da.jpg

And the search for missing Jo taken sometime midweek Mon-Fri.

There's plenty of shots in Bristol taken that week to be seen in the flickr Bristol group here
http://snipurl.com/1ug3l1

It beggars believe the body was undiscovered in Longwood Lane for 8 days. There certainly isn't the 2' snow drifts i've been hearing about.
Anyone else still convinced she was dumped there on the Friday night the 17th Dec?

It's my understanding CJ lives in the flat above, presumably his ground floor covers that whole space shown.

No. CJ lives on the top floor of the building. The Hall floor flat does cover the whole of the floor above but is owned and occupied by another resident who has been there for the last nine years.

Question - is the space next to GR/JY's flat another basement flat, or is it perhaps a basement underneath CJ's groundfloor flat?

It is another basement flat. I believe it is still rented to a foreign couple.

Is there another exterior door (like Jo's) that accesses it?

Yes, the other basement flat is accessed from an external door to the rear of the property and not by any other route.

I have a lot more detail than the above but am not minded to put it in the public domain. It is all easily established from the electoral roll, property sales websites, planning applications etc., whereupon a little intelligent googling will tell you a little about the other residents.

Also, the path does run all the way around the property and the sheds are freestanding buildings to the rear, visible on satellite images. The change in the boundary between 42 and 44 may realte to the now demolished ?coal sheds? shown on old plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990