2011.02.07 BD interview on Bring Them Home Now

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is the last time I hear about Hailey's "hormones" from her supportive mother. We know H is 13 yrs old. She does not appear to be overtly sexual, a wild child, etc. Both parents implied that H does not have issues with promiscuity, drugs, etc. Why the need for mom to emphasize her beautiful daughter's moodiness, prone to argumentativeness, etc. in the midst of her disappearance? I believe this is the second time she has reminded us of her daughter's "hormones."

Stop the drama and stop planting seeds of a volatile, moody, sassy, hormonally-driven teenage daughter! It's disturbing. All, IMO.

It reminds me so much of Adam Baker's comment when he reported his daughter, Zahra, missing. :(
"And my daughter is I thinks coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something."

Hailey does not strike me as a 13 year old driven by her hormones.

Others do. Examine thyself.

I hope this is the last time I hear about Hailey's "hormones" from her supportive mother. We know H is 13 yrs old. She does not appear to be overtly sexual, a wild child, etc. Both parents implied that H does not have issues with promiscuity, drugs, etc. Why the need for mom to emphasize her beautiful daughter's moodiness, prone to argumentativeness, etc. in the midst of her disappearance? I believe this is the second time she has reminded us of her daughter's "hormones."

Stop the drama and stop planting seeds of a volatile, moody, sassy, hormonally-driven teenage daughter! It's disturbing. All, IMO.

In the Zahra case didn't the father also make these comments?

She didn't offer money to searchers......she paid her bills. But since they mentioned it, she will now.

BD doesn't strike me as someone who is independently wealthy. Didn't Diena Thompson donate to BD so she could pay bills? I would imagine others who donate to BD also want her to use it for herself, or at least I would. If I want to donate to the searchers, I do, but when I donate to an individual, I like them to feel free to use it for living expenses. Now if you're talking about a huge account set up that contains tens of thousands of dollars, then that might be a different story IMO.

O/T: Is there some way to mark posts and threads as "read" so that when you open a thread back up it will take you to where you left off? I should know this by now, but I don't. Sorry.

BD doesn't strike me as someone who is independently wealthy. Didn't Diena Thompson donate to BD so she could pay bills? I would imagine others who donate to BD also want her to use it for herself, or at least I would. If I want to donate to the searchers, I do, but when I donate to an individual, I like them to fee free to use it for living expenses. Now it you're talking about a huge account set up that contains tens of thousands of dollars, then that might be a different story IMO.

In all fairness I agree with you, Sue. That's what Diena said the grants are for - so that the families of the missing won't have to worry about things like rent and utilities during such a horrific time.

I do however, question why the foundation did not also offer a grant to Clint.

O/T: Is there some way to mark posts and threads as "read" so that when you open a thread back up it will take you to where you left off? I should know this by now, but I don't. Sorry.

I think it is the little blue/white flag check-mark icon to the left of the threads in the forum. When you click on it next time it should take you to where you left off.

She didn't think to call him!

question: H was last seen the day S quit his job. since SA didn't work the next day where was he all day
answer: both days at Big Spring at his moms. can be verified. she never thought to call SA when H went missing. he called her phone and found out and then came home

This is HUGE to me. Walk through this situation as if it were yourself. BF says your child went "somewhere". Your child is not at "somewhere" and never went to "somewhere"... What's the next logical step here? Call your BF, and say, "Are you CERTAIN my child went to "somewhere"? Could my child have said "somewhere else"? Anything else you remember that my child said??? Cause she's not at "somewhere"."

That fact that she didn't doublecheck with SA to make sure she heard correctly and to make sure Hailey didn't mention somewhere else says a lot to me. It's huge.

Huge huge huge HUGE to me.

At this point I don't see why BD doesn't move SA back into the house. I mean, what's the difference in having him live there or professing her love for him to the world?

I don't understand how she can stand by him unless she knows things that LE don't know. One thing is certain, I would go to LE and ask them exactly what they have on SA and why they consider him a suspect before I would even consider taking him back. Maybe she has done this, I dunno. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to get by the first lie.

In all fairness I agree with you, Sue. That's what Diena said the grants are for - so that the families of the missing won't have to worry about things like rent and utilities during such a horrific time.

I do however, question why the foundation did not also offer a grant to Clint.

Do we know for sure that they didn't? I thought she had met with both parents, but I'm not sure. Also, it could be that he is getting a lot more donations than Billie? :waitasec:

IMO: I am sorry but if she can't do without a man in a month's time then I have no words....especially this man who is the center of the investigation....she needs to get over herself.IMO

I think it is the little blue/white flag check-mark icon to the left of the threads in the forum. When you click on it next time it should take you to where you left off.

:offtopic: Thank you so much!

Perhaps Vernon is the neighbour who was in that video snip who claimed that he has seen HD in the backyard in the past? The one who didn't show his face on camera? And please don't ask me to find that video clip because it's buried somewhere in those 57 threads. :crazy:

Here is the video on with neighbor hiding his face.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/u/3/jXpf7xtaXNI"]YouTube - Sierra1947's Channel[/ame]

This is HUGE to me. Walk through this situation as if it were yourself. BF says your child went "somewhere". Your child is not at "somewhere" and never went to "somewhere"... What's the next logical step here? Call your BF, and say, "Are you CERTAIN my child went to "somewhere"? Could my child have said "somewhere else"? Anything else you remember that my child said??? Cause she's not at "somewhere"."

That fact that she didn't doublecheck with SA to make sure she heard correctly and to make sure Hailey didn't mention somewhere else says a lot to me. It's huge.

ITA. It's HUGE to me too. I think about that and I feel physically sick.

Go to the top of the page, click on Quick Links, then Click on Mark Forums Read. When you want to see where a new post has been posted, then click on New Posts at the top of the page.

At this point I don't see why BD doesn't move SA back into the house. I mean, what's the difference in having him live there or professing her love for him to the world?

I don't understand how she can stand by him unless she knows things that LE don't know. One thing is certain, I would go to LE and ask them exactly what they have on SA and why they consider him a suspect before I would even consider taking him back. Maybe she has done this, I dunno. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to get by the first lie.

The reality is that most married couples, the vast majority, divorce after the loss of the child. Even if it is neither of their faults, whether it was a stranger abduction or a true accident. Irrational or not you blame each other, displace anger on to each other, what if each other to death, or just can't bare their pain in addition to your own.

It is an earth shattering, life altering event.

That she is not angry at him for letting her go, for not getting more info, for being the jackass the police are focused on because he quit his job that day and made you both look like liars, wasting precious time and resources.... that she is not ready to dismember him very concerning.

We have seen her and Clint get angry with each other periodically through the process.

Didn't call SA.
Didn't go to MBs house to see if HD was there.
If anything seemed off.
To look in someones eyes and see if they were lying.

Supposedly told Clint to call the cops and have them standing by.

If LE wasnt saying BD wasnt a POI and SA is the suspect Id probably think the other way around and think she did something and he is covering for her. she seems more suspicious than he does to me.

Cross posted with you grandmaj! Looks like we found the same article. So now Vernon is yet ANOTHER name that BD has put out there. It is beyond frustrating trying to keep track of all this changing stuff she's been throwing out.

So, yah...Who is Vernon and where does he live that he saw HD on the phone on Monday?!
I thought the house was owned by a dude named Travis?! So Charles became Dennis, and Travis became Vernon? Are we watching the same play being performed by two separate casts or what?

Ayep, SA just seems kinda pushed aside while the "reporting HD missing" was taking place. Right up to the point HE called her....and it was enter stage right. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl