TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what has me scratching my head.

I don't doubt that little ones can surprise parents by their ability to escape. My 3 year-old daughter (whom I didn't think could even reach the lock) walked out the side door at our new house, and took off down the sidewalk. It was night, she was in her jammies. No fear at all, she just decided to go for a walk, I guess.

I thought she was playing with her 12 year old brother in his room, but no, she just took off. Luckily a neighbor spotted her, grabbed her, and called 911. We immediately panicked when we realized she went outside, and started running around the neighborhoods screaming her name. Neighbor spotted us, and brought her over.

So, I understand how a kid can get out like that. They're like little Houdinis sometimes. I just don't get that there is not a trace of him anywhere.

BBM. I believe, in the HaLeigh Cummings case also, the lock was supposedly too high for her to reach. Interesting. Very interesting.

mediaManager

Front door of home

I don't think that's their home because I don't remember seeing that carport-type structure or fence in other vids & pics...and that MH looks close to another.

Could be wrong tho.

I don't think that's their home because I don't remember seeing that carport-type structure or fence in other vids & pics...and that MH looks close to another.

Could be wrong tho.

I've been eyeballing this picture too for details compared to the others. The caption says their residence, but ??

Here is why I find the game relevant.

I believe there were 3 females, the mother, godmother and grandfather's girlfriend.

Then 3 males... the father, the grandfather and the father's friend.

Then there was I believe another grandparent because the mother said "grandparents".

If you have 5-7 adults watching a basketball game and they are fans... it can get noisy.

If they were getting ready to watch the Spurs game, then there shouldn't have been nearly as many distractions.

So you have these 7 people, plus 2 children in a trailer, some watching a basketball game in which their favorite team is winning... (if they were watching the Dallas game.) Then Toy Story is on in the other room.

So the baby was just going back and forth... no one was really watching him. To see him running by wouldn't be unusual. Then the baby runs back to the other side of the trailer and is out of sight of those watching the game, but of course he is now with the people in the other room. This is a logical assumption.

Last night we were watching OUR game. My parents, my husband, my girls and I. Complete with the girls in their team pajamas. (That's when the Spurs/Kings game was mentioned and the light bulb in my head went off that it would have been a 9pm game.)

Disclaimer first that my girls just turned 7 and 8 years old.

One kid goes to go potty (all the jumping up and down), the other goes to get a drink of water (all the cheering). If that is a close game, it might take ten minutes for someone to realize the kids didn't come back yet. If I am right there, I step back into the kitchen to keep an eye on them AND watch the game. But nobody else does that.

There is one back door out of sight and so is the front door. IF our doors did not have chain locks at the top, a child could leave and we would not hear the door open over the game and possibly yelling.

Here is what I want to know.

What game were they watching?

Were they into the game, as in cheering, yelling, cussing out the referees... :innocent:

Was the back door visible
to adult(s) and if it was, which adult(s)?

Was the front door visible
to adult(s) and if it was, which adults(s)?

If you have a loud group of people, combined with a door that is not visible... I can see this child being able to slip out undetected. Alone or not. Depending on the level of noise... I can even see him going outside, changing his mind and trying to come back in. Crying for a few minutes, getting no response and then walking away...

I've been eyeballing this picture too for details compared to the others. The caption says their residence, but ??

I looked at the pic again & it looks like the carport thingy is on the other side of the fence...but if ya look at pic 19 in that slideshow, ya can't see the carport.

The colors look right on the home tho.

And the hummingbird feeder in the tree - anybody seen that in any other pics of the front yard?

Here is why I find the game relevant.

I believe there were 3 females, the mother, godmother and grandfather's girlfriend.

Then 3 males... the father, the grandfather and the father's friend.

Then there was I believe another grandparent because the mother said "grandparents".

If you have 5-7 adults watching a basketball game and they are fans... it can get noisy.

If they were getting ready to watch the Spurs game, then there shouldn't have been nearly as many distractions.

So you have these 7 people, plus 2 children in a trailer, some watching a basketball game in which their favorite team is winning... (if they were watching the Dallas game.) Then Toy Story is on in the other room.

So the baby was just going back and forth... no one was really watching him. To see him running by wouldn't be unusual. Then the baby runs back to the other side of the trailer and is out of sight of those watching the game, but of course he is now with the people in the other room. This is a logical assumption.

Last night we were watching OUR game. My parents, my husband, my girls and I. Complete with the girls in their team pajamas. (That's when the Spurs/Kings game was mentioned and the light bulb in my head went off that it would have been a 9pm game.)

Disclaimer first that my girls just turned 7 and 8 years old.

One kid goes to go potty (all the jumping up and down), the other goes to get a drink of water (all the cheering). If that is a close game, it might take ten minutes for someone to realize the kids didn't come back yet. If I am right there, I step back into the kitchen to keep an eye on them AND watch the game. But nobody else does that.

There is one back door out of sight and so is the front door. IF our doors did not have chain locks at the top, a child could leave and we would not hear the door open over the game and possibly yelling.

Here is what I want to know.

What game were they watching?

Were they into the game, as in cheering, yelling, cussing out the referees... :innocent:

Was the back door visible
to adult(s) and if it was, which adult(s)?

Was the front door visible
to adult(s) and if it was, which adults(s)?

If you have a loud group of people, combined with a door that is not visible... I can see this child being able to slip out undetected. Alone or not. Depending on the level of noise... I can even see him going outside, changing his mind and trying to come back in. Crying for a few minutes, getting no response and then walking away...

ITA. Here is a picture of dad. I think his sweatshirt says, "Ballaholics Anonymous," so it would stand to reason (in my mind) that he is really into basketball. (O/T, but it's really freaky because I have been to this Wal-Mart many, many times)

mediaManager

from NG's transcript Monday nite:

<snip>

BENITEZ: We were all in the house. There was nine people in the house. I was sitting on the bed watching "Toy Story" with my baby. He was wandering from our room to the living room where the other family members were when I realized after about 10 minutes that it was unusual my baby hadn`t been back in the room to come get a toy or watch the movie.

When I heard this last nite & later read the transcript, it sounded like Joshua had been in the room w/ mom & left....sounds like she wasn't into watching the basketball game & Joshua was with her then left the room.

And she said 9 people - I thought there were 7 for some reason.

(I guess I keep up w/ too many cases - it's hard to keep them straight sometimes.)

Could be wrong tho.

The tree in the yard isn't the same... the one in this picture doesn't have the other branch lower to the ground. It isn't a twisted enough tree.

http://www.kens5.com/news/False-hop...th-old-toddler-remains-missing-115457694.html

2515 Savannah Hill Circle new braunfels, tx - Google Maps

7 ADULTS. That's probably why you thought that.

<snip>

BENITEZ: We were all in the house. There was nine people in the house. I was sitting on the bed watching "Toy Story" with my baby. He was wandering from our room to the living room where the other family members were when I realized after about 10 minutes that it was unusual my baby hadn`t been back in the room to come get a toy or watch the movie.

When I heard this last nite & later read the transcript, it sounded like Joshua had been in the room w/ mom & left....sounds like she wasn't into watching the basketball game & Joshua was with her then left the room.

(I guess I keep up w/ too many cases - it's hard to keep them straight sometimes.)

<snip>

That's basically what I heard too, but I also heard the grandfather, godmother, and maybe his girlfriend were there, plus parents, then a friend, then 2 kids. Hmmm, that only equals 8, but, at any rate, with all those people there, it wouldn't seem as if any one of them COULD have taken/hurt/abused/killed the child; there were just too many people in too small a space.

My guess is he DID wander off and died not too far from home the same as the Tanya, the lady in Indiana/Illinois. Please forgive me for not remembering the exact name - after a while my brains gets on overload.

That picture of them in Walmart passing out flyers, Mom with her belly, standing on her feet, not giving up.... So heartbreaking, this is the first case in a long while that I have NO suspicions about the parents. Their friends or other family, maybe, but the parents I believe are clueless and heartbroken. I am saying extra prayers for a miracle!!!!!

I have to clarify a few things about the "trailer." We have a neighborhood like theirs near by us. My daughter's best friend lives there. Yes, they are kinda-sorta a "trailer," but more like a double trailer (as in back-to-back). Most of these places are 1500 square feet and more - 3 bedroom/2 bathroom - some even 4 bedroom with a full kitchen/living room/dining room and separate laundry room. Pretty much like a standard brick and mortar starter family home. Most have a front door, a sliding glass back door and then a side door for a potential carport area and/or off of the laundry room (to serve as a 'mud room').

The doors are high off of the ground and therefore every door needs a porch with steps or just simply direct steps to reach the ground.

Also, mom is pregnant. I could very much see her being tired later in the evening and wanting to get off of her feet to relax and not be too interested in the basketball game that night.

That's basically what I heard too, but I also heard the grandfather, godmother, and maybe his girlfriend were there, plus parents, then a friend, then 2 kids. Hmmm, that only equals 8, but, at any rate, with all those people there, it wouldn't seem as if any one of them COULD have taken/hurt/abused/killed the child; there were just too many people in too small a space.

My guess is he DID wander off and died not too far from home the same as the Tanya, the lady in Indiana/Illinois. Please forgive me for not remembering the exact name - after a while my brains gets on overload.

fhc's link shows 8 people: "The night 18-month-old Josh Jr. disappeared, there were 7 adults and one six-year-old child in the mobile home."

I understand about the overload - trying to keep it all straight between media misreporting & case players changing stories in too many cases.

and as sad as it is, I think he wandered off too....I just don't understand why he hasn't been found...it was dark & he had no shoes - I just can't picture him getting very far unless he stayed on the street...around here, unless one is in a well-maintained yard, it's no fun to walk around w/o shoes...too many stickers, rocks, fire ants, etc.

In the trailer there was the mother, godmother and grandfather's girlfriend.

The father, the grandfather and the father's friend.

Then there was one other "grandparent" as well.

The adults have never changed. It is the children that are confusing.

Then the 6 year old
and Joshua. Mention of another baby, maybe when the police say 7 adults and 2 children they are not including Joshua but are including another baby? Or there wasn't another baby.

The Mom said on Nancy that there was another baby in the trailer?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/07/ng.02.html

Now it is said there was a 6 year old child there that night. Has that child been talked to and what did they see? Could that child have opened the door or closed the door (so the adults thought it was closed and don't know how baby Joshua got out, but really it got left open and got closed by the child after he got out) and be afraid to say anything now? Even if they didn't see baby Joshua leave?

These are wooden steps. They don't get quite as icy and would be a bit easier to navigate down than concrete ones.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Bloodhoun...-missing-New-Braunfels-toddler-115572099.html

Inside, they poked through closets and hampers, under furniture, and in attics and crawl spaces. Outside, they looked in garbage cans, playground equipment and storage sheds and crawled under and into any structure they came upon.

&#8220;The neighbors here have been great and helpful,&#8221;
Snyder said. &#8220;They let us in and let us search anything. They're very cooperative. Some of them have been leaving to go to work or on errands, and they'll say, &#8216;Here, take my house keys and search.'&#8221;

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default...rch-for-missing-tot-1003212.php#ixzz1DOw2KI58

It's nice to see residents being so very helpful.

fhc's link shows 8 people: "The night 18-month-old Josh Jr. disappeared, there were 7 adults and one six-year-old child in the mobile home."

I understand about the overload - trying to keep it all straight between media misreporting & case players changing stories in too many cases.

and as sad as it is, I think he wandered off too....I just don't understand why he hasn't been found...it was dark & he had no shoes - I just can't picture him getting very far unless he stayed on the street...around here, unless one is in a well-maintained yard, it's no fun to walk around w/o shoes...too many stickers, rocks, fire ants, etc.

Who is the little girl in the pictures at the link upthread? The one on the inline scooter (or whatever it is called) by dad?

Also, did they have a dog? Could someone have let out the dog while watching the game, but not secured the door all of the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro