Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally have no doubt he did it.
However, I would vote NG at this point.
I too will wait for the remainder of the evidence.
I think that he probably did it and I have no doubt that he will be found guilty.

I think that you could give the case to the jury today or you can wait another 3 or 4 weeks and the result would be the same either way.

That is interesting that you have no doubt he did it, but you would vote NG so far. I have heard that from others too. Is there some reason you would vote NG right now?
I guess I should have said "hardly any doubt"
The state has not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt....yet.

I think that he probably did it and I have no doubt that he will be found guilty.

I think that you could give the case to the jury today or you can wait another 3 or 4 weeks and the result would be the same either way.

Interesting

It's in an odd part of one of the S/W (maybe for the Compact Flash card? or a phone) and I believe it is outlined in the probable cause portion sort of off-handedly. It could even be the later warrant that has the various google account/Adventures of Brad information.

I will dig around. It does state either that he accessed or read her emails. I am guessing at the times...but I think two times were earlier in the day and one time was later in the day. (NO, third time was the 10:30 or 10:13 PM one)

I wonder if they checked to see if he "monitored" her emails between Saturday at noon and when her body was found? (sorry for the K and B questament.) That would be BIG. Monitor, monitor, monitor, STOP.

Try the 12-02-08 SW posted in the legal docs. thread. It's a 12-05-08 post by SG. Is this what you're thinking of?

I guess I should have said "hardly any doubt"
The state has not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt....yet.

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I would say we are in agreement. The state has not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt at this point. The next week should be interesting.

I listened to his testimony about cleaning the upstairs floor.
(where the struggle started , IMO).When asked, he said he didn't clean the bathrooms (Ms Stubbs had a specific point and she got her answer)
Like I said, most folks address their bathrooms in some way, especially if you go on a whirlwind cleaning spree for hours.

Okay, I never heard about the upstairs bathroom. I don't find it odd to clean downstairs floors but not upstairs bathrooms. We have a 3200 sq ft house and 4 bathrooms so I always split up the cleaning. I do the downstairs bathroom floor with the rest of my hardwoods and the upstairs bathrooms on a different day.

Plus he was watching two young kids. He probably needed to stay downstairs with them, right?

Okay, I never heard about the upstairs bathroom. I don't find it odd to clean downstairs floors but not upstairs bathrooms. We have a 3200 sq ft house and 4 bathrooms so I always split up the cleaning. I do the downstairs bathroom floor with the rest of my hardwoods and the upstairs bathrooms on a different day.

Plus he was watching two young kids. He probably needed to stay downstairs with them, right?

I guess it's hard to say what Brad would have normally done, since he didn't have a track record for cleaning much of anything before 7-12-08.:wink:

Frankly, i'm surprised they didn't have a maid come in every couple of weeks.
Then again, money was very tight and there were obviously other priorities.
Plus, i'm sure Brad expected Nancy to be supermom/wife and do 100% of the domestic chores.

Remember the photo of the tv in the doorway?? I believe he put his little children in there to watch a movie and was able to get through a lot of cleaning without interference.

Frankly, i'm surprised they didn't have a maid come in every couple of weeks.
Then again, money was very tight and there were obviously other priorities.
Plus, i'm sure Brad expected Nancy to be supermom/wife and do 100% of the domestic chores.

I am guessing they could have had a cleaner in place of some of the expensive items bought such as artwork, necklaces, etc. Of course, in the older days, the stay at home mom took care of the house, the shopping, and the kids, particularly if they were in daycare.

Remember the photo of the tv in the doorway?? I believe he put his little children in there to watch a movie and was able to get through a lot of cleaning without interference.

Why not just let them play in the playroom downstairs or watch TV in the living room since he was cleaning downstairs?

I do think the TV in the doorway was very strange and dangerous too.

It would be a fitting twist if Nancy's own printed words end up being the most compelling evidence that nails her killer (at least the final nail).

Hmmm.

Read her e-mail 3 times on Friday.
This was the same day he was late for work because of the kids.....oops, went to Lowes to buy a drop cloth.
You gotta think her e-mails he read on that day will be very revealing. Too much is being made of the laptop (both state and Kurtz)and her e-mails to just be intercepting routine stuff. We already know he was very controlling, so that alone would be no big deal.
IMO, something from her e-mail will be revealed that will likely show us why Nancy's life ended too soon.

I agree, something in those emails in the last two days before Nancy 'went missing', sealed her fate IMO. Hence the first degree murder charge.

I am guessing they could have had a cleaner in place of some of the expensive items bought such as artwork, necklaces, etc. Of course, in the older days, the stay at home mom took care of the house, the shopping, and the kids, particularly if they were in daycare.

I think her cleaning habits truly changed after she found out for certain Brad had that affair..(likely Feb 2008..or even earlier..) however things really changed from the time the water was turned off..Brad sleepig in extra BR..and refusing to do one thing for him..laundry, clean his room etc...My oh my..I can only imagine the tension in that house :truce:..Brad's Bathroom wasnt cleaned by her either....

Nancy may not have been a model Housekeeper..but she did alot of things with those kids it seems...Brad did his own thing...only what he had to do..and it seems for some reason he felt compelled to clean the house, garage and shop??..None of which was his normal behaviors:waitasec:

I can't wait either!! Should be VERY interesting!! Must have made his blood boil....

Only if you think he's guilty.

The thing about the email from the lawyer....he already had the blood boiling draft of the agreement asking for huge amounts of $$ in child support and alimony. I wonder what more could have been in there to make it worse in his mind?

The content of the emails may be not as big of a deal as the fact that he was copying/reading them.

I keep coming back to the initial problem of Brad's explanation as to where Nancy went that morning. I call it the "original lie".

He said she went running with her friend CC. He states he knew this because Nancy told him that.

Nancy did not go running with CC, nor did she actually have plans to. These are the possibilities with regard to Nancy's alleged statement (which is heresay but admissible as an exception, but not for the truth of its contents):

(1) Brad was lying (to Nancy's friends, the police and those searching)
(2) Brad was mistaken
(3) Nancy was lying (to Brad)
(4) Nancy was mistaken
(5) Nancy changed her mind

Lets take these in reverse order.

(5) is not possible because Nancy did not tell either CC or her painting friend of her change in plans. If she wanted to go running with CC on short notice, certainly CC would have at least received a call from Nancy. It did not happen. (5) is excluded.

For (4) to be possible, it means Nancy was confused as to her plans that morning. It means Nancy forgot or misunderstood what she had planned that morning. It would also mean that she somehow thought she made a plan with her friend CC, and the evidence is clear from her friend that no such plan existed. Nancy is normally intelligent or better and had made the painting plans only a day earlier. She would not have forgotten or have been mistaken. (4) is not possible.

As for (3), this raises what I call the _________ sort of argument (insert particular poster in the blank... no offense intended.). Nancy was having an affair, Nancy lied to Brad to cover up what she was really doing. Whether or not Nancy was having an affair -- and keeping in mind it is possible -- on this fateful morning we can be certain she did not intend to meet her lover assuming one existed (and I don't believe one did exist at this time). She made a plan with her friend to paint. She did not call that friend to cancel. Brad even bought a plastic sheet and other supplies for Nancy to paint with. She did not call CC to go running. She was not lying about her intention to go painting Saturday morning. (3) can also be discarded as a possibility.

Lets talk about (2). Brad was asked by Nancy's friends where she was. This was on the same day, within hours of her supposedly doing it. Brad volunteered she was running with CC. Since Brad gave this information voluntarily, and within hours of her allegedly doing it, we know he was not mistaken. It is not possible he mistakenly believed Nancy was running with CC, because he claims that is what Nancy told him. He is normally intelligent or better and would not have made such a mistake. (2) is excluded.

This leaves (1), the only possibility. Brad lied about this. Why would Brad lie about Nancy telling him he went running with CC? We know Nancy was dead by this time. This original lie is damning and to me demonstrates clearly Brad is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There is no reason for him to lie about this unless he's trying to cover up what we know already happened.

I put this out there and am open minded enough to consider counter-arguments, but I don't just think he did it, I think its been proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member