Casey iphone App

I hear what the OP is saying -- none too pleased that you have to pay for updates (99 cents for the app or whatever it is). OTOH, I have to pay much more for my internet, so does that make me disgusting?

Many people don't have the luxury of being home and getting updates, and I think this is a useful application.

News isn't free in any avenue - whether it's buying a newspaper, going to Kinko's and using their computer, using your phone service provider, purchasing an application, or using your internet service.

Maybe I'm missing something.

MOO

Mel

I am having the same problem! Last week another WS tried to help and I tried 2 different apps but neither worked. I was so frustrated yesterday when Tru quit coverage at 3 and WS got overloaded! The problem is that Apple doesn't support Flash and I'm not tech savvy enough to know what to do about it. Wish I could help you, but I'm interested to know if anyone can help us.
:banghead:
I wish there was at least an audio feed. I've been trying to figure this one out as well. I have an ipod touch and it would help greatly if I could at least listen so I could multitask instead of having to sit in front of the pc all day!:crazy:

Speaking of App's (hope this is not O/T) is anyone using TAPATALK for forums? I have not yet downloaded this, mainly because some of the feedback is it crashes. Would be interested in feedback. TIA.

Speaking of App's (hope this is not O/T) is anyone using TAPATALK for forums? I have not yet downloaded this, mainly because some of the feedback is it crashes. Would be interested in feedback. TIA.

I use Tapatalk on my iTouch and I haven't had any problems with crashing. I absolutely love it and it is perfect for when you need to keep up with Websleuths on the go!

Anytime there is a segment about Caylee's case on TV, the advertisers get money from ratings/revenue and the network gets $$$ from the companies to put their ads on TV. It's the same for news websites that have articles about Caylee's case or magazines that put Caylee on the cover or the book "Mommy's Little Girl". The bigger the case, the more money that is made from it, and if money can't be made from the case, then the media is going to drop it.

I am having the same problem! Last week another WS tried to help and I tried 2 different apps but neither worked. I was so frustrated yesterday when Tru quit coverage at 3 and WS got overloaded! The problem is that Apple doesn't support Flash and I'm not tech savvy enough to know what to do about it. Wish I could help you, but I'm interested to know if anyone can help us.
:banghead:

ME TOO!! :banghead:

Well, if that's the case, I can see why. WESH is a CBS affiliate. I'm thinking they are trying to recoup some of the costs of the "licensing fees" the mother station has already paid the defendant's family. Not to mention the 48 Hours gig. I guess I'm old school in that I think that the cost of bringing us the news (or entertainment that is passing for news/journalism) - not to mention marketing gimmicks like apps - is something the media is supposed to do through their advertiser revenue and not to be passed on to the general public.

Respectfully correcting your post. WESH is NBC and has nothing to do with the 48 hours show which will air on the CBS channels. Here in Orlando that would be WKMG, channel 6. I may stand corrected later on but I don't recall NBC paying a lot for licensing fees for the photos early on like both CBS and ABC did although I can't be sure they didn't.

There are several apps in the iTunes store that are news related but are specialized into just one story. They do this so there doesn't need to be advertising within the app which usually makes them run badly. I actually don't mind (normally) paying a nominal fee to avoid the ads being on my phone. This particular one has a lot of content along with the updates including video and the pleadings/discovery. I guess I really don't see the problem. They aren't going to make a lot on this when you consider that some folks will stop hitting their website and reading their ads when they use this app.

Yes, I like Tapatalk on the iPhone. It makes it easier to reply and navigate on here. I've had no trouble with crashes yet but I don't use it real often since I am usually home when I'm on here.

ok... slipping out of the o/t... carry on. lol

I use Tapatalk on my iTouch and I haven't had any problems with crashing. I absolutely love it and it is perfect for when you need to keep up with Websleuths on the go!

Yes, I like Tapatalk on the iPhone. It makes it easier to reply and navigate on here. I've had no trouble with crashes yet but I don't use it real often since I am usually home when I'm on here.

ok... slipping out of the o/t... carry on. lol

Thank you for the feedback. With the trial just around the corner, it's high time I sprung for it.

Back on topic: Maybe I'll download the Casey app at the same time.

I have an ipad, but haven't been able to stream live hearings from it.
apparently it doesn't accept flash media?

Is there somewhere else you can watch live hearings using the ipad?

I just found a browser called Skyfire that will "translate" flash videos to html so you can watch. It works on the Orlando local media sites for regular videos that I couldn't watch before and I just tested a live stream on cspan and it works for that. I hope that works for the trial too because I just put it on my iPad and iPhone so I can be good and ready no matter where I am. Apparently, I'm way past addicted to this case. :crazy: LOL

Mods... accept my apologies if I wasn't supposed to post that here. I promise not to yell too loudly when you whip me with wet noodles. :innocent:

Does anybody know if the Orlando Sentinel will be streaming the trial as they have been doing with the hearings?

If anybody knows if any radio stations will be broadcasting the trial, that would be awesome too. I might actually try the Casey app since I won't be able to watch all day long. We'll see.

I just found a browser called Skyfire that will "translate" flash videos to html so you can watch. It works on the Orlando local media sites for regular videos that I couldn't watch before and I just tested a live stream on cspan and it works for that. I hope that works for the trial too because I just put it on my iPad and iPhone so I can be good and ready no matter where I am. Apparently, I'm way past addicted to this case. :crazy: LOL

Mods... accept my apologies if I wasn't supposed to post that here. I promise not to yell too loudly when you whip me with wet noodles. :innocent:

Thank you!!! I will try this shortly! I have an iPad and have asked several times if anyone knew how to watch. Do you know if it works with 3G? I tried another one, and it worked on the wifi, but not 3G.

Ooooh cool.....loving this ap!! Haven't been able to be online as much over the last few months because life has been so busy, this will be so helpful!!!

Just a little FYI...the [unusual persons] smug jail booking photo is the icon. After a few minutes, I had to move the app to a different page. Otherwise my phone would be destroyed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back