NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't ike that word, "debunked".... something in the tone implies and upward eyeroll towards Shannan's mother.

so did he call her before a poster went up? didn 't she say the next day after SG went missing?

didn't he tell the cops he saw her? isn't that sufficeint? where did he get that number????

sorry if we have been around about this already...but seriously....??????

I would think it would be interesting to know where any of the" not POI" were on the days that MB's sister got some of those calls. I was looking for the exact dates but only found 4 of the 7.
July 16 a Thursday
July 19 Sunday
July 23 Thursday..from Times Square or Madison Garden
August 26 Wed... ditto
So if the sk lives on the Island, which I beleive he does, he has to be gone from his regular routine that day to get into the city.

I have been reading up on other serial killer profiles since the profile for this one came out. I ran across this psychological profile on Gary Ridgeway (The Green River Killer) and wanted to share it with you all. It offers alot of insight and comparison of the FBI profile and the actual killer's habits. Be sure to click to find out what his wives, lovers and co-workers impressions were of him. Just thought it would give us something to do while we wait on news;)

http://karisable.com/grprofile.htm

Also, the Today show just aired a segment stating authorities are searching the area where the teeth were found again today. I'll post a link when I find it.

wm

Now that's weird, Righteous1! Crankycrankerson provides photobucket archives for many cases here. Very strange that it just went POOF!

wm

ps good morning!

This is what I found when I did a search for cranky's (AmandaReckonWith) profile at photobucket.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Ocean Parkway Murders -NY-/

It appears that she is working on the archive for this case and it could be a few days or more before it is complete.

!hanks so much cleo! I was worried because I really rely on the photobucket resource!

Thanks to amanda/cranky too! She puts alot of time and work into maintaining it for us and I am very grateful!

wm

I don't ike that word, "debunked".... something in the tone implies and upward eyeroll towards Shannan's mother.

so did he call her before a poster went up? didn 't she say the next day after SG went missing?

didn't he tell the cops he saw her? isn't that sufficeint? where did he get that number????

sorry if we have been around about this already...but seriously....??????

de·bunk:
To expose or ridicule the falseness, sham, or exaggerated claims of

Maybe Dormer was implying that the doctor did call but SG's mother "exaggerated" what the doctor said. Maybe the doctor said he could get SG help and SG's mother and sister blew it up into something more.

I do know by experience that when people die tragically, slight innuendo's or rumors can be spun into bigger tales. It happened to my friend once (who coincidentally died on the Ocean Parkway in the 1980's) and I could see it happening here.

the mother was hysterical with worry....etc...but she insists as does the daughter.

I don't know , maybe the details have become "mytholigized" somehow.

sometimes people have vocabuary issues too, and may not understand a conversation , fully.

that said...it still concerns me big time.

I also do not believe the bat incident either way it is described has anything to do with ALC's murder.

A neighbor describing all kinds of trouble at the house no doubt is telling the truth along with the naked guy running out of there.

The very unfortunate part is anything can happen when you have heroin addicts working. Yes, they could have beat (robbed) the guy because he had a heck of bank on him and was only going to shell out X amount. Fear of him not coming back? No problem. When you're in that moment you're not worrying about it.

Plainly put all persons including the trick who puts himself in a place he shouldn't be in is in danger. On an aside if a guy did run out screaming they'd kill him he could have stole their dope or opened his big yap or actually anything honestly.

Yeah, really..
believing anything that comes out of the mouth of a crack or heroin addict is like believing in the easter bunny.
Most people just don't get that heroin addicts care only about one thing: getting their next fix..and they will do whatever is necessary to get it.. stealing from family, friends and strangers, turning tricks, begging, lying and scamming others, etc.
Heroin addicts do not think "logically".. they do not think or care about the consequences of what they do.

There was definitely something strange going on in that house in Babylon..
The neighbors had no reason to lie..
There is a reason why several Johns were accusing the people in that house of running a scam.. i don't think you read of such accusations that often.
You are not going to see a grown man running out in the street naked unless he was threatened..

I have been reading up on other serial killer profiles since the profile for this one came out. I ran across this psychological profile on Gary Ridgeway (The Green River Killer) and wanted to share it with you all. It offers alot of insight and comparison of the FBI profile and the actual killer's habits. Be sure to click to find out what his wives, lovers and co-workers impressions were of him. Just thought it would give us something to do while we wait on news;)

http://karisable.com/grprofile.htm

Also, the Today show just aired a segment stating authorities are searching the area where the teeth were found again today. I'll post a link when I find it.

wm

Interesting, In eliminating potential Suspects it has more value in that case for that Time. He was wrong more then right. I can see how a profile could be dead on or way off.

trucks018.jpg

looking for real trucks but here are toy versions

@txsvicki & Reannan: Cedar Beach, which is in the vicinity of where the bodies were found has a camping site and boat dock. Both are on the north side of Ocean Parkway. You can see it on the maps. There is an underpass which one can walk from the ocean to the campground. Maybe the camper or vehicle is related to this?

If you read NEWSDAY scroll onto the bottom of Comments when there is a Gilgo beach article some of the comments are interesting,,

also, on the Harrassing phone calls what If they were happening when the killer was going into work and not leaving work or going into the city for a show, game , family member in hospital,,,

I thought it looked like a modified camper on the back. One that is made to be taller, so a person can stand inside. Also, maybe solar battery converter on top and things for camping or even living in the thing. The thing on the roof of the truck didn't look like a light.

In one of the earlier threads, one of our members had identified the thing on the roof as probably a GPS or other communications device.

I saw a truck very similar to that -- white, unmarked, with the double cab and a tall box on the back -- in the very very background of some of the crime-scene shots, parked with the other LE trucks (behind the Suffolk mobile crime bus, behind the ME ambulance), but it's been obscured to the point where I'm not totally positive what I'm seeing.

I attached the best screen shot I could get of it, which is still pretty fuzzy. Look at the rear of the Suffolk bus, behind the gray SUV.

Attachments

• suffolk police search.jpg
    suffolk police search.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 52
OK, I'm sure you guys can help on this one. I found a public record of what I think is a tax lien release on a property JB sold in November. I'm trying to figure out where this property is. I tried to look up the section/block/lot on Suffolk County's lookup system, and I was able to garner WHO purchased this property...and oddly, they guy was arrested in Fl. for second degree murder a month ago, odd coincidence maybe.
As you can see "44 Oak Beach Association" is listed as JB's address, but I don't think it's the same house as the section/block/lot that was sold to the guy arrested for murder.

http://legis.suffolkcountyny.gov/Resos2010/i1522-10.pdf

I'm just trying to see what houses he has sold since the time he was first questioned by police a year ago

Interesting, In eliminating potential Suspects it has more value in that case for that Time. He was wrong more then right. I can see how a profile could be dead on or way off.

I just finished reading all the aspects of the case categorized on the right hand side and found it all very interesting. I am fascinated with profiling and how/why conclusions are reached. I learned alot from reading it.

I guess it is as much a guessing game for the experts as it is for all of us.:banghead:

wm

Yeah, really..
believing anything that comes out of the mouth of a crack or heroin addict is like believing in the easter bunny.
Most people just don't get that heroin addicts care only about one thing: getting their next fix..and they will do whatever is necessary to get it.. stealing from family, friends and strangers, turning tricks, begging, lying and scamming others, etc.
Heroin addicts do not think "logically".. they do not think or care about the consequences of what they do.

There was definitely something strange going on in that house in Babylon..
The neighbors had no reason to lie..
There is a reason why several Johns were accusing the people in that house of running a scam.. i don't think you read of such accusations that often.
You are not going to see a grown man running out in the street naked unless he was threatened..

Great Post, Secret77!!

I believe the John's version. And coincidentally, ALC was listed as living in North Babylon when she was identified (not West Babylon). My guess is that she rented that place with the other sleezebags and they knew that they were going to have to relocate soon because of neighbor complaints, so they decided to use that to their advantage and rob some John's before they moved.

I agree that heroin addicts will do ANYTHING to get their next fix!!! And the neighbor confirmed that a John came running out of the house naked saying they were going to kill him.

I would really like to know if she was picked up in front of that house in West Babylon, or if she moved and was picked up in front of her new rental in North Babylon, which is just East of West Babylon (go figure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie