The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrayersForMaura said:
Was Janet pregnant? Could explain why she was stabbed in the stomach.
Whoa - where did you read that she was stabbed in the stomach?

PrayersForMaura said:
Was Janet pregnant? Could explain why she was stabbed in the stomach.

I know I read that she was stabbed repeatedly, but the only place I remember them identifying was her chest.

NCBanker said:
You know, just for novelty sake, I think I may ride over to the crime scene today, just to physically see the place. I bet it'll be eerie. Maybe I'll take my digital camera with me and snap some shots of the creek, driveway, and house so I can post them here for everyone. I wonder if it still has crime scene tape around it?

golfmom said:
I know I read that she was stabbed repeatedly, but the only place I remember them identifying was her chest.
That's all I read as well. I'm curious to know where that piece of info surfaced.

LOL, I know that's morbid, Golfmom, but it has happened in every state and my grandmother had a story when I was a kid that came from HER grandmother about a guy sitting up on the embalmer's table ( obviously before he was pumped) and asking the embalmer what time it was.

So, it has happened down through history and is really no reflection on any STATE'S abilities to do things, but of the individual's lack of prudent care to hook someone up to a cardiac monitor and listen with a stethoscope, IMHO.
One last thought: Maybe these things make news because they ARE so rare. :)

golfmom said:
Well, here's a story that inspires confidence in NC's abilities (NOT) ...

Guy pronounced dead starts talking in the morgue!

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23678

NCBanker said:
Sorry, only two stories I have found named that she was stabbed in the chest and i somehow remembered hearing stomach but I must be incorrect.

But was she pregnant?
Just curious.

PrayersForMaura said:
Sorry, only two stories I have found named that she was stabbed in the chest and i somehow remembered hearing stomach but I must be incorrect.

But was she pregnant?
Just curious.
I've heard no news that would indicate that she was pregnant. Besides, she had only delivered the other child 6 months prior. I realize one can become pregnant quickly after delivering, however, I doubt they were trying. From all published reports, the first child was a surprise, as they were contemplating separation/divorce at that time. I know I wouldn't be anxious to add to the chaos.

PrayersForMaura said:

But was she pregnant?
Just curious.

No one's announced that as far as I'm aware. If they did I would think that would hit the national radar in a major way after the Hacking and Peterson cases.

NCBanker said:
That's all I read as well. I'm curious to know where that piece of info surfaced.

Try your NC media outlets. It was reported in more than one that she had multiple stab wounds, the major wound located in the chest.
We believe LE here, and we DO have posters here in LE.

I will go on record as saying that I will believe that Raven is not a POI when a branch of LE working on this case states one word to the contrary. Not before.

LE is NOT talking about this case for good reason. I believe it to be because the investigation IS progressing, not because they bungled or inept. I would say that the chance that crime lab results are even BACK is next to nil. LE would not talk to Greta about Janet and Raven and they would not talk to the local newsperson who has a good " working relationship" with Durham police.
Why would they talk to you or someone you know, if you don't mind me asking? I'm very intrigued by your wealth of info, pardon the pun. :)

NCBanker said:
I've heard no news that would indicate that she was pregnant. Besides, she had only delivered the other child 6 months prior. I realize one can become pregnant quickly after delivering, however, I doubt they were trying. From all published reports, the first child was a surprise, as they were contemplating separation/divorce at that time. I know I wouldn't be anxious to add to the chaos.
yeah but do Mormons use birth control? Just curious... You don't have to be wanting children to have them or wind up in the situation to be expecting them.

Where is the press in all of this mess? Has there been anything new in the local papers/TV? Haven't seen much press since 5/3 anywhere. Wouldn't they be able to get the information from LE, just as easily as NCBanker has? Shouldn't they be able to say anything more about autopsy results, a time of death, trace findings, anything?? This is why I don't believe that Raven has been eliminated as a POI.

I hear different about whether Mr. Abaroa is a POI still or not, and as I've been able to validate other information from the person who told me, I feel they -- my "source" -- knows that he definitely still is. Remember, though, that POLICE have yet to even say he's that. Even if what we've figured out about Raven Abaroa is disturbing, he is still innocent till proven guilty.

His defense attorney would tell you that adultery -- and I've been told from many different sources he was unfaithful -- does not equal murder. Embezzlement, which I'm still unclear as to whether he truly pled guilty or not, does not equal murder. Tending to stretch the truth where ever it suits him best, something we've caught glimpses of -- lifting all that info about the Menominee from a website and not attributing just one small example -- still doesn't equal murder.

Based on things sent to me, I'd say that past incidences of volatile, aggressive behavior witnessed from him while involved in athletics wouldn't equal murder; I played football for the first two years in high school, and if bad behavior on that field equalled murder, 90% of my teammates were killers.

Never hurts to remind ourselves of that -- I've done my best on every blog entry to reiterate the same, even though I felt compelled to bring forth some of the more upsetting things I found out. Just because you don't like a guy doesn't mean he killed someone. I do trust the people corresponding with me, though. Of what they have told me that I've been given permission to write about, others have even e-mailed to say, yes, that's what I heard, too.

And I vet my e-mails, y'all. I check the headers and trace the IPs if my antenna goes up -- geographically. If someone says "I'm writing from 'X'" I try to make sure the IP traces to a server in that area. I can spot a spoofed header, too, for those of you with IT security knowledge.

So, with that in mind, what are some alternative theories about what happened to Janet Marie Abaroa?

Who would want to kill a woman I've had universally described to me as "sweet," "soft-spoken," "shy"? Keeping in mind that the police know this murder was not random:

• A jealous lover? The crime wasn't sexual, apparently. A stabbing. Women are just as capable of that kind of crime as men. If Raven had a lover of either sex, male or female, who is to say that they weren't tired of the competition?
  • Someone Raven was involved with money-wise? He played fast and loose with money, was materialistic and lived beyond his means, and he was a thrill-seeker, not afraid of much, from what we've seen... that also means he might not have the best insight when it comes to friends or business acquaintances he made. What if his motive in embezzling was to pay a debt owed to someone he had reason to pay back any way he could? What if his being caught out in doing it, losing his job, caused a debtor to collect a debt southern mafia style?
  • Someone Janet was involved with? This is the least likely. There is nothing I've read or that has been sent to me privately that would indicate this possibility, and I don't think it's worth considering.
  • A stalker of either Abaroa? This is different from the side-action boyfriend or girlfriend possibility -- perhaps someone who knew one of them from work and while never involved with either, developed an obsession.
I don't mean to muddy the waters, but since the possibility of him not being a POI was raised I figured I'd give out the likely options to consider if he is not the culprit.

Speaking of muddy waters -- a terraserver map shows what looks like a little creek or channel running along the driveway at 2606 Ferrand -- if there was water in that creek, consider the following -- whoever killed Janet had blood on their hands, at least. Maybe the even had it on their clothes.

Remember the change recovered beside the creek in front of the residence?

If you were just savvy enough about crime scene investigation to know that CSIs would check drain traps in the house for blood, what would be a logical thing to do but head out to that creek? The residence is back off the road a ways, very isolated. Trees in full leaf.

So a killer worried about having blood on his body if asked to remove his clothing would head to that creek, perhaps taking off pants, shedding his/her change as they went, to wash up. No blood in drain traps, no blood on the body. Just a thought I wanted to present.

golfmom said:
No one's announced that as far as I'm aware. If they did I would think that would hit the national radar in a major way after the Hacking and Peterson cases.
Well nothing is hitting the national radar, and we've all been uncovering some major breaking news type of stuff.

I am curious to know
time of death
how many stab wounds
where they all were
where is the seized computer
and why were those other items part of the search warrant?

Jenifred said:
Where is the press in all of this mess? Has there been anything new in the local papers/TV? Haven't seen much press since 5/3 anywhere. Wouldn't they be able to get the information from LE, just as easily as NCBanker has? Shouldn't they be able to say anything more about autopsy results, a time of death, trace findings, anything?? This is why I don't believe that Raven has been eliminated as a POI.

Would any of us posters be willing to call LE and try to get some info? Tell them that a source on the board says Raven isn't a person of interest any more and ask why we're not being told more in the news to help find the murderer. Maybe let people know we're concerned that there is a killer on the loose with no news coverage or warnings.

Why isn't Raven out there pleading with the media to help find his wife's killer??? :waitasec:

We are on the same page, same chapter!!!!
I said several days ago that I thought the killer stood in the creek to wash off, change clothes, and change spilled out of pockets.

I also believe 100% that the POI lives in the house where the murder occurred. Occam's Razor.

Thank you for a very sensical post from a trustworthy source.
ThinkOfLaura

misterallgood said:
I hear different about whether Mr. Abaroa is a POI still or not, and as I've been able to validate other information from the person who told me, I feel they -- my "source" -- knows that he definitely still is. Remember, though, that POLICE have yet to even say he's that. Even if what we've figured out about Raven Abaroa is disturbing, he is still innocent till proven guilty.

His defense attorney would tell you that adultery -- and I've been told from many different sources he was unfaithful -- does not equal murder. Embezzlement, which I'm still unclear as to whether he truly pled guilty or not, does not equal murder. Tending to stretch the truth where ever it suits him best, something we've caught glimpses of -- lifting all that info about the Menominee from a website and not attributing just one small example -- still doesn't equal murder.

Based on things sent to me, I'd say that past incidences of volatile, aggressive behavior witnessed from him while involved in athletics wouldn't equal murder; I played football for the first two years in high school, and if bad behavior on that field equalled murder, 90% of my teammates were killers.

Never hurts to remind ourselves of that -- I've done my best on every blog entry to reiterate the same, even though I felt compelled to bring forth some of the more upsetting things I found out. Just because you don't like a guy doesn't mean he killed someone. I do trust the people corresponding with me, though. Of what they have told me that I've been given permission to write about, others have even e-mailed to say, yes, that's what I heard, too.

And I vet my e-mails, y'all. I check the headers and trace the IPs if my antenna goes up -- geographically. If someone says "I'm writing from 'X'" I try to make sure the IP traces to a server in that area. I can spot a spoofed header, too, for those of you with IT security knowledge.

So, with that in mind, what are some alternative theories about what happened to Janet Marie Abaroa?

Who would want to kill a woman I've had universally described to me as "sweet," "soft-spoken," "shy"? Keeping in mind that the police know this murder was not random:

• A jealous lover? The crime wasn't sexual, apparently. A stabbing. Women are just as capable of that kind of crime as men. If Raven had a lover of either sex, male or female, who is to say that they weren't tired of the competition?
  • Someone Raven was involved with money-wise? He played fast and loose with money, was materialistic and lived beyond his means, and he was a thrill-seeker, not afraid of much, from what we've seen... that also means he might not have the best insight when it comes to friends or business acquaintances he made. What if his motive in embezzling was to pay a debt owed to someone he had reason to pay back any way he could? What if his being caught out in doing it, losing his job, caused a debtor to collect a debt southern mafia style?
  • Someone Janet was involved with? This is the least likely. There is nothing I've read or that has been sent to me privately that would indicate this possibility, and I don't think it's worth considering.
  • A stalker of either Abaroa? This is different from the side-action boyfriend or girlfriend possibility -- perhaps someone who knew one of them from work and while never involved with either, developed an obsession.
I don't mean to muddy the waters, but since the possibility of him not being a POI was raised I figured I'd give out the likely options to consider if he is not the culprit.

Speaking of muddy waters -- a terraserver map shows what looks like a little creek or channel running along the driveway at 2606 Ferrand -- if there was water in that creek, consider the following -- whoever killed Janet had blood on their hands, at least. Maybe the even had it on their clothes.

Remember the change recovered beside the creek in front of the residence?

If you were just savvy enough about crime scene investigation to know that CSIs would check drain traps in the house for blood, what would be a logical thing to do but head out to that creek? The residence is back off the road a ways, very isolated. Trees in full leaf.

So a killer worried about having blood on his body if asked to remove his clothing would head to that creek, perhaps taking off pants, shedding his/her change as they went, to wash up. No blood in drain traps, no blood on the body. Just a thought I wanted to present.

Jenifred said:
PrayersForMaura said:
yeah but do Mormons use birth control? Just curious...
Of course we do. If we choose to.
I am catholic and many of my faith do not use or believe in birth control.... this is why i asked. I know many mormons don't smoke and drink.... that's pretty extreme to, as is not using birth control.

and to NC Banker... my mother had several kids 1.5 years apart in age... that took 6 months to concieve and 9 months to deliver. It is possible.

PrayersForMaura said:
Well nothing is hitting the national radar, and we've all been uncovering some major breaking news type of stuff.

I am curious to know
time of death
how many stab wounds
where they all were
where is the seized computer
and why were those other items part of the search warrant?

Me too! Me too!
I want all those things.
:banghead:

PrayersForMaura said:
and to NC Banker... my mother had several kids 1.5 years apart in age... that took 6 months to concieve and 9 months to deliver. It is possible.

I had six pregnancies in five years, but only carried three to term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni