TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions: 1. Post have been made regarding family not wanting this to go national (MP, her family or both). 2. The search planned for Sunday is the Hamilton county STARS helping in the search, or is this a family coordinated search? thanks

Her bio family wants as much press as they can get IIRC, and the search Sunday is coordinated by friends of Gail's. hth!!

Following this case has brought back so many bad memories for me, but my heart goes out to Gail. She probably feels like her whole world has been turned upside down. I know I did, and I didn't know which way to turn. Emeralgem brought up a good point earlier that maybe when she brought the kids home she saw something in the house that upset her coupled with the fact that she thought she was being followed. Maybe she thought she could lurer the person that she thought was following her away from the house to protect the kids. The neighbor said she saw her leave but that she didn't acknowledge the neighbor which tells me she must have had a lot on her mind at the time and was ideeply upset. I've done that as well. There were times I was so upset and hurt that I just got in my vehicle and left. I didn't pay any attention to anything around me let alone people I knew. There were times I'd be crying so hard that my own tears would blind me so I'd have to pull off to the side of the road to gain composure. One can only imagine what is going through Gail's mind. She doesn't have a job, her husband is having an affair, and then he wants to strip her of everything, including her kids. You talk about feeling lost, that's an understatement.

I just keep thinking that the recent tornadoes caused conditions across numerous states, that may need to be considered. Things were different that weekend. Whether or not that would've had anything to do with power, landlines, cell signals, store's ability to take debit/credit cards, pump gas, etc. Things were different. And IMO, a very strange time for anyone to have taken a trip from TN to Wetumpka, AL unless they felt that they 'needed' to.

All just my opinion, but also might have been a time that someone felt like was the best time to take advantage of the situation.

Here's another thought, could have Gail gone to a safehouse? Wasn't it said that during one of the times that LE came out to the house for a domestic dispute that they gave Gail a phone number to a safe house?

Okay I find it odd that when I go to the National Missing Adult site Gail is not listed. And does any one know if the SMPD has listed her as a missing person to the NCIC.

If the STARS are not involved it really bothers me, they know the area like the back for there hands. Also in search and rescue there is a lot of important guidelines that REALLY need to be followed and most people do not have the background in this nor should they if they have never been involved in such a thing. If I had a family member missing I wouldl be doing the same thing ( do what ever it takes) but in this type of thing you really need the help. Can not wrap my head around the lack from the authorities.

Her bio family wants as much press as they can get IIRC, and the search Sunday is coordinated by friends of Gail's. hth!!

I got the impression from the start that neither family wanted national coverage on this...am I mistaken?

I've been up Roberts Mill Road a couple of times this week and do not see any evidence of a vehicle leaving the road. IMO, I also think that it would be fairly evident if a vehicle left the road. Even if it went over the guard rail there would be trees, branches, something disturbed.

The search this weekend is not an "official" grid search or anything like that. I think it is to check all the streets on the mountain to make sure no one has missed her car anywhere. People with jeeps, ATVs, and horses are encouraged to check trails.

As far as trails go, a lot of people on the mountain are active. People often hike, ride ATVs, mountain bike, etc daily.

I got the impression from the start that neither family wanted national coverage on this...am I mistaken?

I don't know that is what I am wondering. There has been a FB account created, and yesterday it was on a syndicated radio talk program. I hear her family is asking for everyone to be on the lookout. But just wanted some clarification on exposure. Wanted to offer some possible resources I my have but don't want to over step boundaries of family or police.

I'd really like to know the answer to this too. Because there is absolutely no coverage in AL above the Montgomery area as far as I can tell. Which leaves out a pretty good area between Wetumpka, AL and TN.

Okay I find it odd that when I go to the National Missing Adult site Gail is not listed. And does any one know if the SMPD has listed her as a missing person to the NCIC.
She was listed the day she was reported. She is in NAMUS thanks to a sleuther, IIRC.

I'd really like to know the answer to this too. Because there is absolutely no coverage in AL above the Montgomery area as far as I can tell. Which leaves out a pretty good area between Wetumpka, AL and TN.

I did get confirmation from a family member close to Gail that there is not alot of media coverage and they really don't want it to go to Certian ones. (IMO, the husband) Gail's brother and sister are being contacted and they are turning stuff down for specific reasons. I was told the law inforcement is being respected right now as they are gathering evidence against their case.

Truly hoping Gail is in a safe house, after all this was recommended to her during one of the domestic disturbances.

Nothing adds up. I mean, her family isn't even sure whether or not Matt had anything to do with her anxiety,fear, and mysterious departure by car, yet they don't want any national spotlight on this case. :waitasec:

I did get confirmation from a family member close to Gail that there is not alot of media coverage and they really don't want it to go to Certian ones. (IMO, the husband) Gail's brother and sister are being contacted and they are turning stuff down for specific reasons. I was told the law inforcement is being respected right now as they are gathering evidence against their case.

If they want it covered by the major news affiliate networks in AL, north of Montgomery, please let me know and I can give them the affiliate networks to contact.

nancysniece, could you explain a little more what you mean by "there is not a lot of media coverage and they really don't want it to go to Certian ones. (IMO, the husband)" ? Do you mean they don't want the husband to get media coverage or they don't want any information that might be gathered to go to the husband?

Also, I wonder if they are turning down media requests because LE told them to? As you say, "for specific reasons" .

Thanks.
Columbo

Nothing adds up. I mean, her family isn't even sure whether or not Matt had anything to do with her anxiety,fear, and mysterious departure by car, yet they don't want any national spotlight on this case. :waitasec:

Don't get it either...I just really hope it's a good thing.

nancysniece, could you explain a little more what you mean by "there is not a lot of media coverage and they really don't want it to go to Certian ones. (IMO, the husband)" ? Do you mean they don't want the husband to get media coverage or they don't want any information that might be gathered to go to the husband?

Also, I wonder if they are turning down media requests because LE told them to? As you say, "for specific reasons" .

Thanks.
Columbo

They only said, certain ones. THEY DID NOT REFER TO WHO. I am completely assuming the husband. Not something anyone told me. I'm assuming if they are close or near locating her maybe they wouldn't want certain ones to know so she wouldn't be in further danger???? My guess. Also, for specific reasons, I believe this probably has a lot to do with the the legal issues going on, the children involved, etc. It sounds like they are not wanting the media to interrupt or distract the investigation, along with protecting the children, etc. especially being unsure who is really responsible for her disappearance.

They only said, certain ones. THEY DID NOT REFER TO WHO. I am completely assuming the husband. Not something anyone told me. I'm assuming if they are close or near locating her maybe they wouldn't want certain ones to know so she wouldn't be in further danger???? My guess. Also, for specific reasons, I believe this probably has a lot to do with the the legal issues going on, the children involved, etc. It sounds like they are not wanting the media to interrupt or distract the investigation, along with protecting the children, etc. especially being unsure who is really responsible for her disappearance.

I'm asking this respectfully, and will understand if you don't want to answer. But, are you saying that your impression is that Gail's husband only wants the media in certain areas to cover this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304