TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Meds-well I would think it would depend 1.) On whether or not she was acutally prescribed something and if she is actually taking it and 2.) When she MAY have started the meds. Most side effects take place pretty quickly, certainly within the first 6 weeks.

Much like the Horman threads, there is no named POI in this case, but if you are a believer in the foul play theory it is natural to cast your eyes on the adult who was closest to Gail. That would be Matt.
For me, the longer the time has passed the more concern I have with the possibility of foul play. My only yardstick for this is the knowledge of similar cases and the family/friends statements that she is a devoted mother. Oh, and LE's firm statement that they have nothing to support MP's affidavit that she was/is unstable and had psychiatric issues.

This statement paints a picture of a woman who could have wandered away. I think it is a deliberate portrayal, but not because I think MP did away with his wife. I think it represents a typical albeit nasty statement you would see in divorce that might be ramping up...possibly based upon the cards each held.

For example, let's say MP was cheating with one or more women and was (possibly) abusing Gail. She had a lot of money in her name apparently-MP claimed that the accounts she restricted his access to are marital property...but not that they are joint. That would certainly carry some weight if we consider it in the context of a divorce.

Now, let's say that Gail was unstable and was prone to wandering away and leaving her children unattended. Well that would carry some weight as well.

Except in this case, LE is saying they have no evidence that she was unstable. And we know there were multiple domestic calls to the residence-in fact the day before she disappeared she fled with her children to another state.

IMO, MP is moving forward with his part of the divorce filing now because he will get what he is asking for simply because Gail is not there to contest it. JMVHO.

My bold - I fail to see the comparison as Kyron was a minor who was last seen in the vicinity of his stepmother. There is no expectation of him being able to leave of his own free will.

Gail is an adult who left in her own vehicle and I have seen no reports that she was last seen in the vicinity of MP.

IMO

(snip)
Much like the Horman threads, there is no named POI in this case, but if you are a believer in the foul play theory it is natural to cast your eyes on the adult who was closest to Gail. That would be Matt.

For me, the longer the time has passed the more concern I have with the possibility of foul play. My only yardstick for this is the knowledge of similar cases and the family/friends statements that she is a devoted mother. Oh, and LE's firm statement that they have nothing to support MP's affidavit that she was/is unstable and had psychiatric issues.

This statement paints a picture of a woman who could have wandered away. I think it is a deliberate portrayal, but not because I think MP did away with his wife. I think it represents a typical albeit nasty statement you would see in divorce that might be ramping up...possibly based upon the cards each held.

For example, let's say MP was cheating with one or more women and was (possibly) abusing Gail. She had a lot of money in her name apparently-MP claimed that the accounts she restricted his access to are marital property...but not that they are joint. That would certainly carry some weight if we consider it in the context of a divorce.

Yes, because we have to look at possible motives. The first thing police would want to know in a disappearance is whether she had any enemies. I understand people not wanting to think of a husband as an enemy, but let's face it - he has said some hostile and uncomplimentary things about the mother of his children from the beginning. Friends and neighbors knew a divorce was in the works so they weren't getting along.

As far as motive on his part we have:

A) Money
B) The House
C) Control of the Kids
D) Possible girlfriend(s) on the side

Those are some of the main reasons that a spouse "disappears" in cases like this. It still shocks me sometimes that people with plenty of money for a divorce would choose another route, but after the Peterson case I would believe almost anything is possible.

Note: I didn't put mental illness as motive or reason because the Signal Mt. Detective said there was no evidence of that, meaning (I presume) that they can't find meds or a psychiatrist or anyone to corroborate that except the husband.

Does AD have to give MP anything if GP gave it to her? Maybe, I can understand the recording/security device if in fact it was a marital asset, but documents and such? If he saw the news report where it was shown on TV (even though blurred), he would know, but would documents, notes, and lists GP may have made be legally MP's?

That's a good question! I don't know the law on such matters, and since I'm not sure if the security DVR would be considered a marital asset, I really can't say. I'd say that other items such as documents, were a "gift" in a sense to AD and therefore MP would have no right to have them back. I'm truly only guessing, though.

Does AD have to give MP anything if GP gave it to her? Maybe, I can understand the recording/security device if in fact it was a marital asset, but documents and such? If he saw the news report where it was shown on TV (even though blurred), he would know, but would documents, notes, and lists GP may have made be legally MP's?

No, of course not. A husband doesn't own what the wife gives to someone else. :twocents:

But he might want Arlene to think that, so that "official letter" was sent to intimidate her, imo. Notice it wasn't sent from a lawyer, but from MP himself via his investigator. Not a legal document.

The worst thing in that letter to Arlene was that he didn't want her to "interfere" with the investigation. :maddening: That just tells us that he is hostile towards her as a friend of Gail's. Arlene is the one hanging posters all over Wetumpka, so why would that be interfering? :waitasec:

No, of course not. A husband doesn't own what the wife gives to someone else. :twocents:

But he might want Arlene to think that, so that "official letter" was sent to intimidate her, imo. Notice it wasn't sent from a lawyer, but from MP himself via his investigator. Not a legal document.

The worst thing in that letter to Arlene was that he didn't want her to "interfere" with the investigation. :maddening: That just tells us that he is hostile towards her as a friend of Gail's. Arlene is the one hanging posters all over Wetumpka, so why would that be interfering? :waitasec:

Didn't I read Arlene had plans to come to Chattanooga, Signal Mtn area this week for a three week period to help search for Gail?

But her friends said she was gathering evidence of the affair. That was in the news.

MFH= murder for hire

I’ve followed missing cases for years on WS and no one judges anyone for taking meds.

Thanks for explaining MFH. Yes, the affair has been in the media, but just one girlfriend. Susie Button said he was having an affair with a woman at BCBS.

And I truly hope nothing I said sounded like judging people for their medications. I was absolutely not intending any judgment whatsoever.

So he couldn't be in the back seat giving her commands and threats? Gail drives with a frozen disposition..imo, the way SB descriibes it. Both hands on wheel, staring straight ahead with no focus to anything except driving.

Personally, I find that hard to believe. If it was a stranger, possibly, but not her husband. Why would she not have just jumped out of the car when she saw her neighbor and friend, demanding that she call 911, yelling that Matt was in the car w/a weapon? For her to follow her husband's instructions, she would needed to have been terrified of him. I get the impression that he might have been abusive, but not psychopathic.

I assume Matt was implying that, by holding on to the items she had, she was interfering with the investigation.

By the way, about the security DVR, I was reading a story someone online told about setting up their own DVR to try to find who was stealing their mail, and I discovered Best Buy will download the stuff recorded on DVRs onto a DVD for people. I had thought Gail was getting it repaired, but maybe she was getting a DVD copy of something that was caught on the security cameras.

Em, I think the Casey Anthony case has a lot of people occupied right now....
I wonder if Gail has/had a will. I also wonder if she changed it or gave it to someone.

We need a lawyer to weigh in here. If it turns out something happened to Gail, probate court would be in charge of settling her estate.

My questions would be:

If she had a will that named MP as beneficiary that was executed prior to their separation, could the family challenge the will? Conversely, if she died intestate would it matter under the laws of descent and distribution if on the date of death they were not yet legally separated?

I'm trying to look at all avenues from a financial perspective. Would there be a financial motive for trying to get the divorce through quickly before anyone can figure out what happened to her?

Ok, thanks. It would take about 25 minutes to get from his mother's house to their house.

Sorry to be a pain, but not only does the 10 mins seem a little vague (if SB said, "10 mins" could she have been just meaning, "not long"? )where have we seen that Matt was at his mothers house when Gail brought the kids home?

Thanks..I will check the timeline again meanwhile!

I assume Matt was implying that, by holding on to the items she had, she was interfering with the investigation.

By the way, about the security DVR, I was reading a story someone online told about setting up their own DVR to try to find who was stealing their mail, and I discovered Best Buy will download the stuff recorded on DVRs onto a DVD for people. I had thought Gail was getting it repaired, but maybe she was getting a DVD copy of something that was caught on the security cameras.

Great!

This was my thought when it was mentioned she still had the DVR.....that she gave the DVD to LE. Too late for the PI or MP at that point...unless LE would share what was on the DVD. ??

I wrote what you replied to, and I live outside of the SM city limits and know HCSO may not even patrol every day of the week (although they may lead some to think that). They use to only patrol two days a week when I inquired awhile ago, and that may have increased, but not by much. They choose 'random' days to patrol to not show a pattern, seriously that is what I was told personally 'off the record'. Police visibility is little or none, especially off the main road (Taft Highway).

My question was meant to imply if there was a missing person's report on May 2nd in Signal Mountain, did anyone know if HCSO put more patrol on the mountain even though they were not a part of the 'official' investigation. I have not seen an increase in visibility even though now they are a part of the investigation.

With that said, it could have been days before anyone patrolled the streets and days without LE at all outside of the city limits.

Why don't you call again, and ask them directly, since you have someone to talk with "off the record". It would be really useful to know this.

Sorry I mis-interpreted your not-really-a-question! My info was from several locals when I voiced the exact same concern...they are older guys who have lived here their whole lives and were quite adamant about the patroling...I did wonder if they based it on the old Walden PD patrols though...In my hometown, the true locals always knew about this sort of thing, so I felt it was worth repeating.

If you have someone to talk to at the PD...it can't hurt to call and ask them this question...?

Re: did anyone see MP arrive at the home on the 30th for the "supposed" meeting with Gail that had "supposedly" been agreed upon.. This question was asked a few posts up by I believe carolina.. And this is something I too have wondered about.. With Gail's being last seen by Susie Button at 12:15 on the 30th and it being said that MP arrived shortly thereafter(10mins) that would make it around 12:25.. One would think it'd be quite likely that Susie Buttons did infact see MP arrive at the home a mere 10 mins after Gail's departure??.. I wonder if she did possibly see this??..

One other continued thought and question that I have is.. Is it infact true that the only person we have stating or having knowledge to this 12 pm meeting at the house with Gail is ONLY COMING FROM MATT??

This has stuck with me for a while and I am wanting clarification if it is only Matt that's stating and had knowledge of this "supposed"
12:00
Meeting for which he says Gail failed to show for and instead left out and abandoned her two children alone in the home??

TIA!

"Summer" Friend of Gail Palmgren Joins the Search for the Missing Mom

Submitted by WDEF on May 26, 2011 - 8:06pm. News
Friends of a missing Signal Mountain woman organized their first search effort in Wetumpka, Alabama.
They're spreading the word about the disappearance of Gail Palmgren.
They're holding out hope that someone will know something about the woman who spent years vacationing in Elmore County.
Palmgren and her 2010 Jeep Rubicon vanished more than three weeks ago.
The last time anyone saw her was April 30-th in Signal Mountain.
But the night before, she was in Wetumpka where she owns a vacation home on Lake Jordan.

Arlene Durham\Palmgren's Friend

http://wdef.com/news/summer_friend_of_gail_palmgren_joins_the_search_for_the_missing_mom/05/2011

From the FB page...it seems they are running into a problem of getting people with ATV's this week-end because of the holiday. :( Saying they may have to wait another week.

Not about Gail, but some sort-of-related news from Chattanooga

"A Chattanooga man has been arrested after his estranged wife said she spotted him in her garage placing a tracking device on her van.

Sean Eric Taliaferro, 43, of 7356 Lee Highway, said his lawyer and private investigator directed him to place the device. " [LINK TO FULL ARTICLE]

Hmmm...I wonder who his lawyer and PI are?

Is surveilling wives a cottage industry down there or something?

Originally posted by Jade

I agree the alleged girlfriend is probably no surprise to the kids. Surely the parents have have a talk with the kids.The theories of MFH and his positioning himself as a fake hero and other MP killed her postings are what I am concerned about.

My repeating of the gossip of I said possibly two girlfriends is mild compared to talk of MFH and actual participation in murder by MP!*

The other possible GF was in a news comment which said there was one in Ala also.

Most are aware how widely read that Websleuths is.. That's because Tricia along with the mods work extra hard at ensuring that we all do not become the run of the mill rumor mills.. Flooded with gossip from social network sites and comment sections and then posted in such a way that does NOT MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THOSE REPEATINGS BROUGHT FROM SUCH OTHER SITES ARE NOTJING MORE THAN GOSSIP.. All of them working hard in these victims forums to keep all post respectful of that victim, and to adhere to TOS.. It's for thise reasons and their hard work that Websleuths is daily looked at from ppl all over the world..we are proud of Websleuths and what it stands for..

One of the many things we do is post theories.. Not wild, bashing, outlandish, out of this world theories or speculations but rather logical conclusions drawn and theorized for one another to read and give their opinions on and what their personal theories may be as to what happened.. Again mods working tirelessly to ensure that those theories do not go "over the line" or are preposterous.. With that said the theories that are being discussed involving MP are as well following within those guidelines and are not wildly accusatory or nonsensical In nature.. Those theories being part of what WS is about..

Therefor those theories, speculations, discussions, etc would not be of concern but rather SOP.. But what would be and is of concern is the rumor mill gossip that is sometimes brought from other sites that do not follow the same type ethical rules as WS does.. I am
Very appreciative to see that it was stated that this second girlfriend rumor was infact taken directly from comment sections to one such site..

It is not the adult discussions taking place here on wS that will be detrimental to the children.. Sadly IMO it is one who should have their best interest at heart first and foremost ALWAYS that will be, if any, the cause of detriment to these two precious children through this unspeakable horror to which they are presently living and enduring.. In having lost their mom and haven't a clue as to why or where she is...

May God hold these children in His loving arms and protect them and shield them from any more pain and anguish than is already necessary and/or already occurred..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie