The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MissYouJanet said:
I can't say what I would do. No one really knows what they would do until they are in that situation.

The Christiansens have chosen to "forgive and forget" the person that did this without knowing who they are. They have forgiven her killer and part of forgiving is forgetting. They know that justice will be served; if not in this life, definitely in the next. Right now they are focused on the family that is still alive. That is how they are handling this tregedy.
OK, so they are moving on, that's their decision. Personally, I would hope that my loved ones would mourn a little longer than a month for me, but maybe I'm being selfish. It took me 4 years to completely mourn the loss of my father. Maybe I'm a pansy?? It just seems a little harsh to me to be moving on so quickly. Just another day......ya know??? :bang:

I'm just wondering if you know if there was an insurance policy on Janet's life? If there was, was Raven the beneficiary or someone else? Maybe another family member. Maybe her sister. Have the proceeds been distributed yet? Maybe the money is easing their loss, if you get what I mean.

Elliemae said:
OK, so they are moving on, that's their decision. Personally, I would hope that my loved ones would mourn a little longer than a month for me, but maybe I'm being selfish. It took me 4 years to completely mourn the loss of my father. Maybe I'm a pansy?? It just seems a little harsh to me to be moving on so quickly. Just another day......ya know??? :bang:

I'm just wondering if you know if there was an insurance policy on Janet's life? If there was, was Raven the beneficiary or someone else? Maybe another family member. Maybe her sister. Have the proceeds been distributed yet? Maybe the money is easing their loss, if you get what I mean.
You need to read more. I never said that they have stopped mourning nor have they stopped hurting. They have simple chosen to forget her killer NOT TO FORGET JANET.

ewwwinteresting said:
Did they find the killer?
Sadly no. It was a small town and in the 70's. No fancy equipment then. I can honestly say that now the family does not even think about it. They do remember her on her birthday and when her son and oldest daughther got married they did light a candle for her, but other than that, they have just accepted it and moved on. I am really very proud of those kids. They have both graduated from college and are living happy lives with their own families. The youngest died around age 14 from cancer. She handled the whole illness with such grace as did the rest of the family. Quite an extrodinary family. Never 'why me'. They are a rarity.

Elliemae said:

I think the last thing on anyone's mind is money except for gathering money for the trust fun that has been set up for Kaiden

curious1 said:
Sadly no. It was a small town and in the 70's. No fancy equipment then. I can honestly say that now the family does not even think about it. They do remember her on her birthday and when her son and oldest daughther got married they did light a candle for her, but other than that, they have just accepted it and moved on. I am really very proud of those kids. They have both graduated from college and are living happy lives with their own families. The youngest died around age 14 from cancer. She handled the whole illness with such grace as did the rest of the family. Quite an extrodinary family. Never 'why me'. They are a rarity.
Oh, that's sad. I wonder if they would have spoken up to the media, if anybody would have come forward with info?........no need to think about that now though, it's been 30 years.....Glad the kids turned out well. What a tragedy for any family to go through.

MissYouJanet said:
You need to read more. I never said that they have stopped mourning nor have they stopped hurting. They have simple chosen to forget her killer NOT TO FORGET JANET.
Folks, lets be civil to MissYouJanet. She is answering all of your questions as best she can. And just because somone does not grieve the way you would do not assume they don't care as much as you do. When my favorite grandmother passed away I was absolutly devestated, but I barely cried at her funeral. I am very private about my greiving. There were times that I broke down and just lost it in private, but in public I would never do that. I am not cold hearted I am just very very private. Also, if I had a loved one murdered I would not want to go in front of cameras to talk about it. As long as I knew the police were conducting a through investigation I would move on with my life, that is just my own personal style. However if someone wants to go on camera at every chance and shout 'I want justice for my family member' and that is what they feel they need to do then good for them, I am not going to judge them for that.

curious1 said:
Folks, lets be civil to MissYouJanet.
Oh, I'm sorry if I came acrossed uncivilized.......I meant to come across as trying to understand and maybe this is just something that I won't understand.

ewwwinteresting said:
Oh, I'm sorry if I came acrossed uncivilized.......I meant to come across as trying to understand and maybe this is just something that I won't understand.

It's understandable having a hard time understanding the unimaginable . ..

ewwwinteresting said:
Oh, that's sad. I wonder if they would have spoken up to the media, if anybody would have come forward with info?........no need to think about that now though, it's been 30 years.....Glad the kids turned out well. What a tragedy for any family to go through.
I personally don't believe that the grieving family on the 5, 6 and 11 news is what solves these cases. It's the description of a perp, if one is available, and the info put out by LE along with good old fashioned detective work. I can think of many cases where the family was very vocal, but the LE work was horrible and the crimes were never solved. That however, is just my opinion.:)

golfmom said:
It's understandable having a hard time understanding the unimaginable . ..
Yes it is and unfortunately there seems to be more and more of the unimaginable happening these days. It's always been out there, but with the media these days it's just in your face 24 hours a day.

curious1 said:
Folks, lets be civil to MissYouJanet. She is answering all of your questions as best she can. And just because somone does not grieve the way you would do not assume they don't care as much as you do. When my favorite grandmother passed away I was absolutly devestated, but I barely cried at her funeral. I am very private about my greiving. There were times that I broke down and just lost it in private, but in public I would never do that. I am not cold hearted I am just very very private. Also, if I had a loved one murdered I would not want to go in front of cameras to talk about it. As long as I knew the police were conducting a through investigation I would move on with my life, that is just my own personal style. However if someone wants to go on camera at every chance and shout 'I want justice for my family member' and that is what they feel they need to do then good for them, I am not going to judge them for that.
Thank you curious.

The reason I joined this community was to give myself an outlet to grieve and to share Janet with you. I want to let people know how incredible she was but I also want to make sure that people have the correct info.

Janet was the victim. Her family was a victim. Her friends were all victims. I am a victim.

I do want justice. I do want her killer behind bars. I am not her family. Her family is very different than I. They are super private. It took them a long tome to decide to do that media spot. They don't want to be attacked fo their beliefs or for their actions. They are doing what they think is right for them Who are we to judge them? We are not in their situation and I pray that none of us will ever be.

MissYouJanet said:
Thank you curious.

The reason I joined this community was to give myself an outlet to grieve and to share Janet with you. I want to let people know how incredible she was but I also want to make sure that people have the correct info.

Janet was the victim. Her family was a victim. Her friends were all victims. I am a victim.

I do want justice. I do want her killer behind bars. I am not her family. Her family is very different than I. They are super private. It took them a long tome to decide to do that media spot. They don't want to be attacked fo their beliefs or for their actions. They are doing what they think is right for them Who are we to judge them? We are not in their situation and I pray that none of us will ever be.
Here, here. I 2nd that.

Hiya Folks;

There are many things we do not know when it comes to this case, however, the one thing that has became quite clear is, Janet obviously has many friends that care deeply for her.

As in most things in life, 2 people can witness the same event and come away with two entirley different perceptions. Thats not to say that either witness is incorrect in their perceptions, its just simply because we all, as humans, form our perceptions based on our own life experiences.

My advice to everyone is to listen to what each member adds to this forum. We dont all have to agree on everything that is said, but lets try to allow each member the freedom to offer thier input in an unintimidating environment.

The ultimate desire of everyone here, I would hope, is to see the day when an arrest will be made in this case.

MissYouJanet said:

My heart breaks for Janet's family and friends and this completely senseless crime. I can't imagine waking up each day with the gaping hole of a lost child.
They've been in my prayers.

Timex said:
Hiya Folks;

There are many things we do not know when it comes to this case, however, the one thing that has became quite clear is, Janet obviously has many friends that care deeply for her.

As in most things in life, 2 people can witness the same event and come away with two entirley different perceptions. Thats not to say that either witness is incorrect in their perceptions, its just simply because we all, as humans, form our perceptions based on our own life experiences.

My advice to everyone is to listen to what each member adds to this forum. We dont all have to agree on everything that is said, but lets try to allow each member the freedom to offer thier input in an unintimidating environment.

The ultimate desire of everyone here, I would hope, is to see the day when an arrest will be made in this case.
Thank you

MissYouJanet said:
No. I haven't heard if he has

Thank you for answering, I have been told through a source that Raven told family members that she commited suicide initially. Can you confirm or deny that.

Again, thank for your patience in answer my questions.

golfmom said:
Thank you for answering, I have been told through a source that Raven told family members that she commited suicide initially. Can you confirm or deny that.

Again, thank for your patience in answer my questions.
I never heard that, but from what I have heard about the crime scene, it is easy to see how he could have thought that initially.

MissYouJanet said:
I never heard that, but from what I have heard about the crime scene, it is easy to see how he could have thought that initially.
Did Janet suffer from depression at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆