IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not followed all the discussions about the truck but it looks to me that in the first pic here (which is VERY clear) that there is something circular or semi-circular in the right rear of the truck. the left rear is not visible in this pic. [look at the mirror reflection in the building glass, you can see what I'm talking about]

in the second pic, we see the left rear which shows something on that side of the truck's bed. the right side (that had the circular or semi-circular object 10 minutes earlier) is not shown.

again forgive me if this has been asked but what exactly is the white cover on the back made of? is it tarp-like material or is there more substance to it?

in the second pic it looks like the cover is bent near the object on the left rear of the truck.

I thought the first picture, the round looking thing.. looked like a place to store a tire? It has a black top on it. Is that what u meant? Yes the cover seems bent to me in the second pic, it looks like maybe a snap on type of cover but not pulled up all the way? Is that what it looks like to you?

Just on observation it looks like whatever is in the second photo is coming up over the edge of that left side by quite a bit, and would be visible in the first photo. I would also think over that left corner that we should be able to see some of what appears in the second photo, but you could be right? To my eyes it looks like you should be able to see what's in photo #2.

I think the perp is a stranger who happened to see in Lauren an easy prey. That stranger probably drives a white truck.

However, I do feel that LE and Lauren's parents feel like Lauren's friends are hiding details of that night from them. Details that could be crucial to finding out what happened to this girl.

I not not think the POI's or friends are involved in murdering her or getting rid of her body. However, I do think they are putting their personal protection in regards to illegal activities in front of a friend who is probably gone.

They, even the boyfriend and the roomate, seem more worried about protecting their reputation than being completely honest and exposed in order to solve this case.

I also think these kids' parents want to protect their kids and are probably telling them NOT to open up to LE.

I understand Lauren's parents frustration.

I completely agree with all of this. I also don't blame JW for getting out of town. I can only imagine having to handle the harassment and suspicion in addition to the complete fog you'd have to be in to have someone gone but not really gone.

Certainly I don't feel for him (or the other named POI's) like I do LS' parents, but I think their lives are in upheaval as well. This will haunt them for the rest of their lives, either by their own guilt (as in they could have walked her home or done something differently) or by the court of public opinion.

I agree that it would be hard for several drunk/high people to formulate a plan, but if there was just JR and he called a friend outside of this usual circle I think it is possible.

I just don't know that most college kids are going to have anyone that they could call at 5 am and say, "I just killed someone (or she died accidently) and I need you to help me hide the body" and them do it.

I've gone to pick up many friends drunk off of their gourds (many at Kilroys, lol) when they call at 3 am, but I really don't know that some second or third party is going to rush in to hide a body.

I wonder if Lauren's roommate comes off as defensive (she does to me anyway) because isn't she is reason that Lauren knew this group of people? If so, she may feel the need to jump in and explain the evening, even though she was not there for much of it? Not sure what to think...

Hoping we hear news about the truck this weekend...I am not at all sure that it is involved, or if it that it does not involve the group of students in some way...I still am finding it hard to believe in a convenient stranger abduction during the few minutes Lauren would have been alone, but hopefully, we shall find out one way or the other.

I am also trying to figure out if LE has ever said Lauren was very drunk, or intoxicated. The bar staff would have reasons to say that (so they could say they recall specifically not serving this underage and intoxicated person) and the students may have reason to say it (so as to see why she would be such an easy target to stranger) but have we heard from any official source that she was truly so "wasted"?

I can't seem to save this pic zoomed in but I will post it anyway. This is using 'paint' at 400 then click zoom 2 times. If anyone can fix it?

It seems the man can be seen. If u look just above the bright light on the drivers door, that would be his hand, then follow it down to his elbow resting on the door. Then going up his shoulder, u can see he has a dark kakhi uniform type shirt on, u can see his ear, side burns, and receding hair line with brown hair. He is bending over fiddling with something.

Or it could be Jesus on toast. :)

There are only a few ways 'out of town' it would seem other places would have video at that hour? Also would not gps have a list of cars in the area at that hour?

Attachments

• driver.JPG
    driver.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 65
How would LE be able to say whether she was truly wasted? They don't have the body, so it's not possible run toxicology tests.

Any word on what the Waffle House Cam may have been able to capture, inside and outside?

Respectfully snipped for clairty

I just visited Waffle House to verify.
There are no cameras visible on the outside of the building, and although my visit was brief, I did not see any cameras on the inside either.

Isn't there a cam at that Museum?

Not that I can see from the outside. I've never been inside...Yet.

Just on observation it looks like whatever is in the second photo is coming up over the edge of that left side by quite a bit, and would be visible in the first photo. I would also think over that left corner that we should be able to see some of what appears in the second photo, but you could be right? To my eyes it looks like you should be able to see what's in photo #2.

I know, it would seem so. It seems in the second pic, one version looked like the white was a bunch of bubble wrap. It seemed to me, the one gray/silver roll of thread, black cables? and bubble wrap. I would think the bubble wrap would blow out? I don't know how they could tell it is the same truck.

I would like to make a note that in my picture of 10th Street, from the Corner of 10th & Morton looking toward College Ave. I missed a camera at the center of the Morton Mansion building, (building on the right in the pic). The awning kept me from seeing it, and I didn't notice it until I went thru there recently. However, it is facing 10th Street, and although it has a tinted cover, it probably is pointing toward 10th & College Village apartments. I did mark it in the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6698438&postcount=25"]Newest map/visual aid[/ame].

That is almost certainly the camera that took the 4:24am image of the truck.
alg_spierer_truck.jpg

Friends theory:

One motive?? I think those saying something could have accidently happened to her and they got frightened is reasonable.

Roommate went to bed.
Boyfriend went to bed.
One guy has memory loss.
One guy said he saw her leave.

That just leaves one person to really question, the one that saw her leave. If they all were involved then they could decide to do it that way as to not be tripped up?

The Fox News segment I watched sounded very anti CR. Very protective of a couple of others.

As people have said, the phone records would be the most important. Did anyone try to call her phone when she left it at the bar? Did she look for it and maybe someone hid it from her? Did she just forget it? Would she not have called them and told them to put it up for her? I can't imagine her leaving without her phone.

On a sad note, I saw buzards above a wooded area on Arlington Rd, less than two miles from the area where everyone lived. You could also see them from 37. Near a Quarry. There were like 30 of them. If the friends were involved and had too much to drink or whatever, they would not want to drive very far. LE are aware, they have had several calls on it.

Think about this...there is a reason why LE has chosen to show only that portion of the truck in picture#1? It's because it is a much clearer picture than #2... We have to think of the simple reason that if they were to show picture 1 as the truck approaches, instead of the tail end, it would be revealing too much. Surely they can see something (license plate requirements in Indiana?) or someone in picture#1, yet put the blurry picture out for the public. I think the camera in picture 1 holds the answer.

Sorry, I said you could see them from 37, but I meant 46. Between 46 and Arlington Rd.

Think about this...there is a reason why LE has chosen to show only that portion of the truck in picture#1? It's because it is a much clearer picture than #2... We have to think of the simple reason that if they were to show picture 1 as the truck approaches, instead of the tail end, it would be revealing too much. Surely they can see something (license plate requirements in Indiana?) or someone in picture#1, yet put the blurry picture out for the public. I think the camera in picture 1 holds the answer.

Since LE is looking for the truck, presumably they would want to put the best photos that could identify the truck out there.
There is no reason for LE to try and hide good photos. I am sure this is the best they got of it.

On a sad note, I saw buzards above a wooded area on Arlington Rd, less than two miles from the area where everyone lived. You could also see them from 37. Near a Quarry.

Respectfully snipped for clarity.

I also saw them. It is not unusual to see them there. They roost nearby at a department of transportation facility between hwy 37 and BHSN, and "hang out" at that quarry.

I see them almost every day. It was unusual to see so many in the air at once though.

Respectfully snipped for clarity.

I also saw them. It is not unusual to see them there. They roost nearby at a department of transportation facility between hwy 37 and BHSN, and "hang out" at that quarry.

I see them almost every day. It was unusual to see so many in the air at once though.

Could be a body of an animal they are circling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia