Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
JerseyGirl said:
My opinion is that if we haven't heard from LE since very shortly after the murder then Raven is still on the list of possible suspects only because I can't see how they could clear him so quickly. Not with all of the circumstantial evidence out there or unless they've found a "smoking gun" that points to someone else.

Of course he is on the list of possible suspects. problem is, he may well spend the rest of his life on that list. As most police will tell you, no one is ever cleared of a crime until someone else has been charged with it.

Timex said:
Rooster;

It may have appeared appropriate to you, but others have said it wasnt. You cant really confirm something like this.
:snooty: Just like this....CONFIRMED. Really, I'm not trying to argue but, just what is the norm here. And to all those who state that they think it wasn't appropriate...how many of you have had your wife murdered? And even then...who make judgements on something like that? Come on.

Rooster said:
:snooty: Just like this....CONFIRMED. Really, I'm not trying to argue but, just what is the norm here. And to all those who state that they think it wasn't appropriate...how many of you have had your wife murdered? And even then...who make judgements on something like that? Come on.

Honestly, I understand what you are saying...but what really matters here is how LE interpreted what they saw. Did they consider it appropriate?

Timex said:
Honestly, I understand what you are saying...but what really matters here is how LE interpreted what they saw. Did they consider it appropriate?
........i have to say, i've only been to 3 funerals in my life, ( of people VERY near and dear to me..) thinking back...........i was unconsolable, ( when the pall bearers walked off with the casket.........etc..) laughed..and cried ...at the reception after, as stories were told of the deceased.....
...i hadn't really slept in a week.....emotions are weird under those circumstances.....

...what IS appropriate funeral behaviour ? i don't think there is such a thing, universally.......

Im not arguing with you...I agree to a point. I based my post on what someone else that attended the funeral reported. Thats all we can go on. Now we have one saying he acted appropriately, and one saying he didnt, so its a matter of interpritation. But, that said, I do think there are certain things one should or should not do at a funeral or memorial.

Rooster,

Thanks for answering so many of our questions as best you can. It's great for us to be able to confirm as much as possible. I also think many of us have more of an open mind with respect to this case than you think.

With that said, you've answered so many specific questions, but I'd love if you can answer one of a speculative nature. I know you feel Raven is innocent and isn't the one that murdered Janet, and I respect that, so who, in your gut, do you think did it and why?

I think many have an open mind, but that said, many have made up their mind. And there is nothing wrong with them doing so. It just means there are going to be different interpritations of the same evidence. What one sees as "inappropriate", another may see as perfectly normal. It's going to happen. And sadly, it is going to hurt people on both sides. This is why I always say family and friends should really think carefully before reading these forums.

LvsAMystry said:
Rooster,

Thanks for answering so many of our questions as best you can. It's great for us to be able to confirm as much as possible. I also think many of us have more of an open mind with respect to this case than you think.

With that said, you've answered so many specific questions, but I'd love if you can answer one of a speculative nature. I know you feel Raven is innocent and isn't the one that murdered Janet, and I respect that, so who, in your gut, do you think did it and why?
I don't know who.:( But I have theory...I think someone was watching her and the house, with intention's to rape her.(I hate even typing this...it make's me sick.) They waited until Raven left to his game. Now keep in mind if they had been watching the house they probably knew if they saw Raven leave in his Soccer clothes, with his soccer bag. (don't know if he had one...I'm just speculating.) Then they would know they had (however long), as long as a soccer game take's, to do what they intended.
I think Janet fought the rapest/murder and he killed her. I think maybe he was only intending to rape. But ended up killing her because she fought back.
He then probably ran...

This is all theory.

Rooster said:
I don't know who.:( But I have theory...I think someone was watching her and the house, with intention's to rape her.(I hate even typing this...it make's me sick.) They waited until Raven left to his game. Now keep in mind if they had been watching the house they probably knew if they saw Raven leave in his Soccer clothes, with his soccer bag. (don't know if he had one...I'm just speculating.) Then they would know they had (however long), as long as a soccer game take's, to do what they intended.
I think Janet fought the rapest/murder and he killed her. I think maybe he was only intending to rape. But ended up killing her because she fought back.
He then probably ran...

This is all theory.
Wouldn't that have been messy......in the sense of leaving evidence?

helloyellow said:
Wouldn't that have been messy......in the sense of leaving evidence?
Yeah, I'm sure. But Raven may have smuged fingerprints or gotten Janet's blood where the murderer had already dripped blood. Who know's. Hopefully when all the testing is done there will be some hard DNA evidance against the murderer.
Or at least something to go on.

I think we sometimes forget that in many, many cases there is little or no physical evidence left behind. We live in a world of CSI type shows, which leads us to believe there is always something that science can use to solve these cases, when the reality is, often there is nothing science can do. I can think of at least 3 cases Ive followed have had NO physical evidence, even though a stranger entered a home and committed a serious crime.

...i think, if someone had intentions to rape..( and IMO that takes a seriously disturbed person) ...and for whatever reasons didn't get to carry that out........

...that their rage would then be INCREASED...and we'd see NUMEROUS stab wounds , acting out their frustration.....and not just the 3.....

...( of course, we don't KNOW there were just the one to the shoulder....one to the hand.....fatal one to the chest.....) but based on what we've heard.....

lauriej said:
...i think, if someone had intentions to rape..( and IMO that takes a seriously disturbed person) ...and for whatever reasons didn't get to carry that out........

...that their rage would then be INCREASED...and we'd see NUMEROUS stab wounds , acting out their frustration.....and not just the 3.....

...( of course, we don't KNOW there were just the one to the shoulder....one to the hand.....fatal one to the chest.....) but based on what we've heard.....
Unless, he DIDN'T necessarily WANT to murder her and when he saw that he did he ran. Maybe the motive was only rape. ???

Rooster said:
He then probably ran...

This is all theory.
Unless, he DIDN'T necessarily WANT to murder her and when he saw that he did he ran. Maybe the motive was only rape. ???

.......if someone had been watching the house/her.............intentions to rape........had determined how long they had time-wise to do so.......

...then i would say that they would carry it out..........

...and THEN in the aftermath, t(he stab wounds, whether he wanted to murder her or not, then ran.).......

...IMO, a rapist stalking someone with intent to rape..........will.....and we've heard nothing to back up that.........i don't think it was a would-be stalker/rapist.....

That all sounds pausible but the perp would have had to have known Janet. Known when to watch the house basic coming and goings plus LE has said this wasn't an random act.

Tammie63 said:
That all sounds pausible but the perp would have had to have known Janet. Known when to watch the house basic coming and goings plus LE has said this wasn't an random act.
Planning and watching a house is what make's it "Not random".
It's not random BECAUSE it was planned. The perp got to "know" Janet by following her.
(This theroy is all speculation.)

Thanks Rooster,
That is basically what I was trying to say but didn't say it as clear as you did!

lauriej said:

.......if someone had been watching the house/her.............intentions to rape........had determined how long they had time-wise to do so.......

...then i would say that they would carry it out..........

...and THEN in the aftermath, t(he stab wounds, whether he wanted to murder her or not, then ran.).......

...IMO, a rapist stalking someone with intent to rape..........will.....and we've heard nothing to back up that.........i don't think it was a would-be stalker/rapist.....
Jenifred found some information about rape's and murder's in the same area. So, it's a possibility. (Look at discussion #4)

Tammie63 said:
..............agreed.......'not random' , we've come to know means janet was the intended victim..........

...if someone was stalking her...........was her husband gone routinely at night ? how would they know "that night" was an opputune time ?

...if someone was stalking her..............would LE lead the public to think they had nothing to fear ?

...if raven isn't a POI........( and LE hasn't been clear on that one way or the other......................although 47 days later he's not been arrested....) then WHO is ? personally, if i lived in durham NC right now.................with the lack of news.............i'd be concerned.........

Tammie63 said:
Thanks Rooster,
That is basically what I was trying to say but didn't say it as clear as you did!
Okay, You're welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member