GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New leads led to search. Video of last night's search here, with LE removing evidence.

Bibb County District Attorney Greg Winters says new leads led to Tuesday night's search at Stephen McDaniel's apartment.

Investigators were seen carrying out bags of evidence -- about a dozen. Two or three of the bags were large and appeared to be filled with soft items.

Winters says his office obtained a search warrant late Tuesday from Bibb County Superior Court Judge Tripp Self.

Search warrants are usually issued by a magistrate judge; Winters wouldn't say why his office got the warrant from Self.

Winters said Wednesday morning that investigators haven't received forensic test results from the FBI that were expected Monday or Tuesday. He's not sure when those results will arrive.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/...-Led-to-Search-at-Stephen-McDaniels-Apartment

Thanks for the boots on the ground perspective Angel.

Where are the trash bins at the apartment? What size are they?

http://angelanalyzes.tumblr.com/ The top photo is where she was found, the left side of the building. The slideshow below are some night time photos I took of her porch, the alley, and what I believe is McD's door with a "do not enter" seal. If that is an AT&T it's really huge and only the back is visible to someone at the apartment complex.
The trash bins that were out the day I saw were right next to Lauren's apartment and downstairs. There were 3. They are the green Waste Management kind, not dumpsters, not much larger than regular outdoor trash bins.
Funny thing about those bins...I smelled a dead rotting something in one of them. I'm sure it was just an animal, but to be on the safe side I called the authorities and they came to check it out. I had to leave so I couldn't wait up for them, it was a very strong odor. I don't know what they found when they arrived.
Still loading more photos.

Just looked at your write up and photos Angel..........and I have to agree with your analysis thus far.

Thanks for the pics.

Oh ok.........I thought she was moving the next day........but the next week.....close enough.

You're probably thinking of that, because she was supposed to move the day after they found her body.

I can't understand a thing on this presser link, darn it! It's streaming is messed up.

I had the same problem :maddening:

Hopefully, someone caught it and can update us in a bit.

FYI called the newsroom at wmaz to tell them the stream/audio buffering is bad. Lady said she'd alert engineering.

I've been trying on a couple different computers. Bandwidth problems maybe? Viewer overload?

Buffering so catching every other word!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

CARP!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Now the live link says "not broadcasting"!! Anyone catch what he said?

What I'm getting live on the news is no conclusive info from Quantico and Chief Burns says something along the lines of---Hopefully we can make an arrest today, but I don't see that happening.

Macon Police announced this morning they're sending new evidence to the FBI in connection to the Lauren Giddings homicide.

Macon Police spokesperson Jami Gaudet says the evidence was collected when "they conducted a search warrant Tuesday... of Stephen McDaniel". Gaudet says a tip from the public led police to search McDaniel's apartment again.
http://www.41nbc.com/

Checking in from work. Can't watch presser so I'm depending on y'all. Please take good notes. :)

Did anyone get the point of the PC? Was it to annouce that they had not charged anyone re: Lauren's murder?

Checking in from work. Can't watch presser so I'm depending on y'all. Please take good notes. :)

Hopefully, they will have the whole press conference on their website for all of us to watch. The live feed was horrible... you couldn't hear anything. I suspect it was website overload.

Did anyone get the point of the PC? Was it to annouce that they had not charged anyone re: Lauren's murder?

They announced locally that they were holding the presser in conjunction with the grand opening of a new police substation. The mayor spoke for a moment, the guy who runs Macon Regional Crimestoppers spoke, Chief Burns and then it was taken away from the chief in order to close the presser.

Chief Burns said they had rec'd emails from FBI but no full report/package from them yet. They sent more evidence up there. Does not think an arrest today is likely. That's all I've got. Hopefully my call to the station will get engineering in gear to fix the bad audio.

When they broke live on television, it was just audio, and I could hear the person at the podium (Burns) but could barely hear the questions. Someone asked what was taken from McD apt. last night and Burns said, "I'm not going to answer that." He said that to a few questions.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members