IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that the DEA is finally soinf some surveillance on this drug house? If anything, taking down plates of all visitors and going from there.

DEA would be in unmarked car and I'm sure word is out that 5 North is no longer an option.

2. Members/posters of the Online H-T board are among the most vile and uninformed in the Bloomington community. It is often a very ugly place. I imagine they've had to do a lot of scrubbing to keep threads from turning hateful. One doesn't share opinion there to have intelligent conversation. Apologies to anyone here who posts there and makes true contributions. End of rant.

They don't scrub it well enough!! It's painful to try to get through comments even on innocuous articles!

When I read his interview and read "between the lines" this is what I heard him say... "yes, you (*^&ing idiot, it was an &(*&ing LE poly and if I had (*^&ing failed it I'd probably be (*^&ing booked by now, right?"

I know little of polygraphs, except that they can be LE- or privately administered. The other case I follow, however, seems hinged in part on polygraphs right now. The current suspect (now deceased) was given a private polygraph at the time of the killings. Allegedly, he incriminated himself on this polygraph but that escaped LE's attention, for whatever reason (many are flying). As for his accomplice: "Police took a DNA swab of Gunnels and gave him a lie detector test while he was still in prison. Police say he intentionally held his breath to try and cause the lie detector test to be inconclusive."
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27944695/detail.html

Obviously, the police would know and comment if a POI held his breath to throw a test. But are privately administered tests considered less than credible because they are purchased? I've heard that some POI's are given more than one polygraph.

I Just finished reading many pages of respectful discussion and clear, thought provoking opinion posted here last night and early a.m.Starting to feel like I "know" many of you by participation on this forum. Such a great group of quality, caring people. I'm honored to be here. Lets bring Lauren home.

They don't scrub it well enough!! It's painful to try to get through comments even on innocuous articles!

Yes! They thrive on drama. Can turn an innocent public service announcement into a toxic cesspool of posts.

Its just so hard to be patient when mom is writing letters like that! But ur so very right! Ever so often i thInk-i just wanna know what happened-i want the fam to have their peace-and Dont really care if someone is prosecuted or not.....BUT at this very moment I WANNA KNOW-and i want it done right so whoever is responsible pays something for thee pain they are continuing to cause!

Its just so hard to be patient when mom is writing letters like that! But ur so very right! Ever so often i thInk-i just wanna know what happened-i want the fam to have their peace-and Dont really care if someone is prosecuted or not.....BUT at this very moment I WANNA KNOW-and i want it done right so whoever is responsible pays something for thee pain they are continuing to cause!

I just wish that whomever knows where her body is would communicate an anonymous tip to lead LE to it. That would go a long way to ending the Spierer's pain. If it were my child, that is all I would want, all the rest is the State's business, and it won't bring Lauren home. Just one anonymous tip is all that is needed IMHO.

I Just finished reading many pages of respectful discussion and clear, thought provoking opinion posted here last night and early a.m.Starting to feel like I "know" many of you by participation on this forum. Such a great group of quality, caring people. I'm honored to be here. Lets bring Lauren home.

I feel the same way! I read all the sites concerning Lauren and this is by far my favorite! Im comfortable here discussing things. People are logical and thoughts are so very well laid out. We all really just want this family to have their baby girl back-get some closure. Im sure every person here that read that letter yesterday had a face and neck full of tears same as me.
Good morning everybody! I look forward to continued discussion!

Although-I do wish we could get an end to this-obssessing on this case shouldnt be a "favorite" thing for me to do. I would Def be at a loss without this site. Looking forward more to the end really rather than continued discussion. I hope yall understand what Im saying.

I don't think anyone really believes you can stay "anonymous" if you send in a tip anymore with all of the ways to track a person, and maybe it isn't possible. I have been trying to think of a way to get info to the Spierers or LE, if someone at least wanted to tell them where Lauren could be found, without anyone knowing where the tip came from...how could it be done?

Cameras at post offices and many other places...I guess you could drop an envelope in a public mailbox someplace, making sure to use gloves and not licking the envelope, getting the kind with the peel-off strip. If LE did not have your DNA, and your prints are not on file, you might be able to get away with it, even if you leave some skin cells.

-Budding criminal-We cannot say for 100% certain that any of these people aren't rapists/murderers. Maybe one of them had the beginnings to become a criminal and then saw Lauren vulnerable and couldn't stop themselves?

This sums up my one and only theory from the beginning.
More accurately:

One or two of them saw an opportunity and took it.

Thanks for your ramblings...ur good.

While I can't rule them out entirely, I have some trouble believing any sexual assault-related theory involving any POI who has provided a DNA sample (and taken at least some sort of polygraph), which is JR, CR, MB, and JW. We don't know that JR's visitor(s) has/have provided one, or even who (t)he(y) is/are, which is why the JRNTT blog raises an interesting theory, but I still tend to believe that OD is the most likely cause of death.

Not to mention, JW is her boyfriend/(childhood?) friend, JR has been friends with her for a year, CR has gone out of his way to cooperate, and she went to JR's after CR/MB's.

I don't think anyone really believes you can stay "anonymous" if you send in a tip anymore with all of the ways to track a person, and maybe it isn't possible. I have been trying to think of a way to get info to the Spierers or LE, if someone at least wanted to tell them where Lauren could be found, without anyone knowing where the tip came from...how could it be done?

Cameras at post offices and many other places...I guess you could drop an envelope in a public mailbox someplace, making sure to use gloves and not licking the envelope, getting the kind with the peel-off strip. If LE did not have your DNA, and your prints are not on file, you might be able to get away with it, even if you leave some skin cells.
You and I think alike, clu. I'd drive a hundred or so miles from home and buy a greeting card in a large, busy store and use the envelope rather than use one from a box I own so it couldn't be matched to any of my other correspondence. I might even snatch a couple of sheets of copy paper from somewhere if I could do it while wearing gloves. Then I'd drive another hundred or so miles in a different direction to post the envelope.

If the person is involved, chances are they will be found out eventually, anyway. But providing a lead now would at least bring some relief to the Spierers and might even buy a few brownie points with LE later on down the road.

You and I think alike, clu. I'd drive a hundred or so miles from home and buy a greeting card in a large, busy store and use the envelope rather than use one from a box I own so it couldn't be matched to any of my other correspondence. I might even snatch a couple of sheets of copy paper from somewhere if I could do it while wearing gloves. Then I'd drive another hundred or so miles in a different direction to post the envelope.

If the person is involved, chances are they will be found out eventually, anyway. But providing a lead now would at least bring some relief to the Spierers and might even buy a few brownie points with LE later on down the road.

If only someone with information will read here and take this suggestion...look, they could even disable their GPS and take the battery out their cell phone, we are giving them all of the tips we can to make sure they are not found out...just do this for Lauren's parents...

Both people who look most guilty (JW & JR) are members of the banned frat. Sometimes people develop a true hatred of a frat/sorority based on hazing procedures. That frat was banned for its practices. Could someone be hateful enough of the remnant of the frat (in their mind, maybe JW-JR-CR-MB) that they would hold back something that they know that might help in this case?

An ex-co-worker who also graduated from my college once told me that she hated her sorority because for hazing they made her eat an entire red pepper. Unfortunately, she had a food sensitivity to peppers, and became violently ill for 3 days. She stayed in the sorority, but always felt bitterly towards her "sisters." Since AEP @ IU went quite a bit further, maybe they have true enemies out there.

A link to this article, dated 22 July, was posted on the Love for Lauren FB. This statement grabbed my attention:

A bag of clothing in a dumpster outside Spierer's apartment building was also uncovered last week.

Is this different from the duffel bag that had been found and ruled out (as relevant) a while ago? (Sorry, I don't have a link, but I'm sure we talked about it on this forum.) I know that I tend to lose track of the days when I'm working 7 days a week, but it really seems like the duffel bag thing was much longer ago than last week.

A link to this article, dated 22 July, was posted on the Love for Lauren FB. This statement grabbed my attention:

A bag of clothing in a dumpster outside Spierer's apartment building was also uncovered last week

Is this different from the duffel bag that had been found and ruled out (as relevant) a while ago? (Sorry, I don't have a link, but I'm sure we talked about it on this forum.) I know that I tend to lose track of the days when I'm working 7 days a week, but it really seems like the duffel bag thing was much longer ago than last week.

bbm.

Yes, defintely longer than last week. And the part that I bolded in red - the first bag of clothing was found inside the building on a floor above or below LS I thought. And this inside the dumpster, the first one was behind a dumpster. This is either horrible reporting, or actual new information.

bbm.

Yes, defintely longer than last week. And the part that I bolded in red - the first bag of clothing was found inside the building on a floor above or below LS I thought. And this inside the dumpster, the first one was behind a dumpster. This is either horrible reporting, or actual new information.

:doh: In an ideal world it would be easy to tell the difference.

Both people who look most guilty (JW & JR) are members of the banned frat. Sometimes people develop a true hatred of a frat/sorority based on hazing procedures. That frat was banned for its practices. Could someone be hateful enough of the remnant of the frat (in their mind, maybe JW-JR-CR-MB) that they would hold back something that they know that might help in this case?

An ex-co-worker who also graduated from my college once told me that she hated her sorority because for hazing they made her eat an entire red pepper. Unfortunately, she had a food sensitivity to peppers, and became violently ill for 3 days. She stayed in the sorority, but always felt bitterly towards her "sisters." Since AEP @ IU went quite a bit further, maybe they have true enemies out there.

Huh? Based on what does JW look guilty? That makes zero sense. He looks 100% innocent and not involved.

I am open to all theories and possibilities but I find it inappropriate when people are called randomly "looking guilty" when everything that we know points to the opposite. JW's actions looked exactly like the actions of someone who was NOT involved in that crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27