Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure that's her stepdad? Why is he lying about where he lives? This guy says he lives in Canaan, Vermont.

Don't get me wrong, SF is setting off my Hinky Alert System, but to be fair, a lot of people on Facebook just list the nearest 'big' town as their city. Not to be lying about it, just because either they want a little privacy/anonymity and don't want to list their actual city, or because no one's heard of their city.

In other words, some people will just say they're from "Atlanta, Georgia," instead of saying they're from "Podunk, Georgia."

My Facebook page is more of a professional page than a personal/private one, so I don't list my actual town, I list Atlanta as my city. I want to be private/ protect my family's privacy and Atlanta is close enough.

That being said, if this is actually SF's Facebook page, privacy doesn't seem to be a concern of his...

He says he went to Canaan Memorial High School as well.

Which appears to be within walking distance of their current residence.

2 small towns, so close together.

I wonder where the mother grew up.

Always remember LE has to acquire search warrants in order to take the computer and get access to phone records.

Why would this be? Wouldn't grieving parents hand them over willingly or sign waivers to allow access to phone records?

She does not have that many friends to begin with. Maybe her mom checks fb page, and lets her only have small amount of aged appropiate kids and family. At 11 I would hope so. I find it really weird that her page is not private. But unless she was getting messages from someone, the person would be a friend.

I was wondering this myself especially since she did have that one protruding tooth and especially since kids can be so mean! I don't think the lack of response on the FB wall is really telling though because my son had a FB account briefly and none of his 125 friends would ever respond either! I quickly closed out his account when i did see the 11 year old girls posting pics of themselves in bikinis and the boys commenting "you're *advertiser censored*ing HOT" I was appalled!
IMO alot of kids use FB not as a "social" network but as a way to flirt. If you notice precious CCs pics, she got a few "positive" comments on them.
In any case, I hope she's safe and I'm praying for her.
Kids have to grow up way too fast these days and it's heartbreaking...

OT- THANK YOU for being such a good parent! :hug: My 12 year old nephew has a FB account and my sister, his mother...well, she is an <unusual> parent and does not monitor it so I do. He has over 500 friends! I have the password and delete inappropriate people lol.

Back to the possible teasing... coupled with her teeth and her height (I was also very tall and bullied and called "Olive Oyl" because I was so tall and skinny) I do wonder about it. Sorry, am not trying to mean here, just thinking that kids are so cruel...

They may have to get warrants for computers, to be safe, but it should have been something that could have been signed the same day, i.e. at least by sometime on Tuesday. You just take the paperwork to a judge, even at home, and get a signature, you do not need a hearing...

WMUR's Mike Garrity reports that NH State Police were recently going door-to-door checking rooms at a motel on the outskirts of West Stewartstown. They were also searching behind the motel. Near the family's home, in addition to the red truck that has police tape around it, a green Dodge Stratus is also surrounded by police tape

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Search_Continues_For_Missing_11-Year-Old_Girl#ixzz1TQ4eNJfV

Above is from WMUR's live updates. I really hope she just ran away with someone. No matter how bad that MAY be, it's better than what COULD be.. :praying:

Search for girl intensifies
FBI sends child abduction team; home cordoned as crime scene

Cass would have slept on the living room couch Monday night, her aunt said, because the girl is scared to stay in the basement alone and her sister was sleeping at a friend's house. That friend, Kaylin Pettat, said Cass is a shy kid "but the nicest girl you've ever met."

BBM, I haven't seen this reported yet. Interesting!

http://www.concordmonitor.com/artic...C75D95FCE6FC4A64BDA0C&CSUserId=94&CSGroupId=1

For those noticing the lack of responses on her FB page, I, too, noticed that. Do we know at all if Celina was teased? I get shades of Isabella Oleschuk.... 13 year old Isabella ran away and lived in a barn for some time before she was found because she was being teased at school.
http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2011/03/23/news/doc4d8a1052d724a058812220.txt

Although I happen to think the lack of responses on Celina's FB page has to do with the fact that she is 11 and most friends her same age probably would not have a FB page to comment? Maybe I am just thinking wishfully...

Yes and no. She has 34 'friends' on Facebook. That's 34 people who may or may not be 11 that are ON Facebook that didn't really bother to even 'like' a post she wrote. To be fair, I have no idea how interactive kids that age are on Facebook--according to TOS an 11 year old shouldn't be on Facebook. We also don't know how she 'friended' these people. Strangers can send you friend requests and you can send them to strangers. On the flip side, they could all be really good friends of hers and none of them happen to comment ever. Who knows...:waitasec:

She does not have that many friends to begin with. Maybe her mom checks fb page, and lets her only have small amount of aged appropiate kids and family. At 11 I would hope so. I find it really weird that her page is not private. But unless she was getting messages from someone, the person would be a friend.

She prolly has few friends because there are only 85 kids in the
entire school. In one of the photos, she's wearing a basketball
jersey that says Canaan on it. Since the towns there are so small,
and far apart, they must just have 1 school for several towns.

She prolly has few friends because there are only 85 kids in the
entire school. In one of the photos, she's wearing a basketball
jersey that says Canaan on it. Since the towns there are so small,
and far apart, they must just have 1 school for several towns.

I was thinking it must be a small school.

I see no problem with people not posting on her comments. My nephew is 12 and I see that no one ever post on his comments either. Maybe is uncool to do, IDK.

Yes and no. She has 34 'friends' on Facebook. That's 34 people who may or may not be 11 that are ON Facebook that didn't really bother to even 'like' a post she wrote. To be fair, I have no idea how interactive kids that age are on Facebook--legally, at 11, an 11 year old shouldn't be on Facebook. We also don't know how she 'friended' these people. Strangers can send you friend requests and you can send them to strangers. On the flip side, they could all be really good friends of hers and none of them happen to comment ever. Who knows...:waitasec:

FB has it set up so that on your privacy settings, you can list your individual FB friends on who can or can NOT
see certain things on your FB.... i.e. info, photos, wall, etc. You can say "just family" or "just friends" or "nobody", even.

I have a few FB friends, that are friends in RL, that I have blocked from reading my wall.

I have blocked everyone but family from seeing photos of my baby granddaughters (at my D-I-L's request).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali