TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Sorry, I guess should clarify I was looking for a perimeter of what locals perceive as Signal Mtn. Using roads or landmarks. If I'm driving any direction...at what point do I exit SM? EX: N = Dunlap, S = Suck Ck Road/TN River, E= Mountain Ck Road and W(NW) = PC Forest.
TIA

Traveling 127-N on Taft Hwy, just past the little town of Walden which is also on Signal Mtn I saw a sign that read Sequatchie County but I was still on Signal Mtn... If I continue on that road I am traveling North North West and I will come down the mtn and that will put me in Sequatachie Valley not too far from Dunlap Tn.. If I am on Suck Creek Road, which runs South and West of Signal Mtn I am not on Signal, however you can enter Big Fork Road from Suck Creek Road and the opposite end of Big Fork Road is in Sequatchie County on Signal Mtn.. If I am in Soddy Daisy which is North East of Signal Mtn I am not one the Mtn.. Same apllies to the city of Hixson and Red Bank...
If you are on Mtn Creek Road you are not on the Mtn. Mtn Creek Road runs east of the Mtn at the bottom of the Mtn...

I do not know where the entrance is to Roberts Mill Road on Signal Mtn. or where Roberts Mill Road ends at the bottom of Signal Mtn but I think if you go down Signal Mtn from Roberts Mill Road you are close to Hwy 153 and the Red Bank - Hixson area which is also somewhat south and East of Signal Mtn....

Hope I haven't confused you more...

Traveling 127-N on Taft Hwy, just past Walden which is also on Siganl Mtn I saw a sign that read Sequatchie County but I was still on Signal Mtn... If I continue on that road I am traveling North North West and I will come down the mtn and that will put me in Sequatachie Valley not too far from Dunlap Tn.. If I am on Suck Creek Road, which runs South and West of signal Mtn I am not on Signal, however you can enter Big Fork Road from Suck Creek Road and the opposite end of Big Fork Road is in Sequatchie County on Signal Mtn.. If I am in Soddy Daisy which is North East of Signal Mtn I am not one the Mtn.. Same apllies to the city of Hixson and Red Bank...
If you are on Mtn Creek road you are not on the Mtn.Mtn Creek Road runs east of the Mtn at the bottom of the Mtn...

I do not know where the entrance is to Roberts Mill Road on Signal Mtn. or where Roberts Mill Road ends at the bottom of Signal Mtn but I think if you go down Signal Mtn from Roberts Mill Road you are close to Hwy 153 and the Red Bank - Hixson area which is also East of Signal Mtn....

Hope I haven't confused you more...

Nope, nothing but hugs and thanks to you for the info. :tyou: :hug:

Nope, nothing but hugs and thanks to you for the info. :tyou: :hug:

The ONLY entrances and exits I know of going up and down Signal Mtn. are at the front of the Mtn.that leads to Signal Mtn Blvd close to Walmart and close to Suck Creek Road..
127-N also called Taft Hwy that leads to Sequatchie Valley..
The "W" Road entrance at Mtn Creek Road and..
Roberts Mill Road that leads somewhere close to Hwy 153..

As I stated before Big Fork Road runs through Prentice Cooper from Suck Creek Road at the bottom of the Mtn all the way to Sequatchie County..My understanding is the road runs through three different counties..Hamilton County, Marian County and Sequatchie County...JMHO

The ONLY entrances and exits I know of going up and down Signal Mtn. are at the front of the Mtn.that leads to Signal Mtn Blvd close to Walmart and close to Suck Creek Road..
127-N also called Taft Hwy that leads to Sequatchie Valley..
The "W" Road entrance at Mtn Creek Road and..
Roberts Mill Road that leads somewhere close to Hwy 153..

As I stated before Big Fork Road runs through Prentice Cooper from Suck Creek Road at the bottom of the Mtn all the way to Sequatchie County..My understanding is the road runs through three different counties..Hamilton County, Marian County and Sequatchie County...JMHO

Great Em! You gave me exactly what I was looking for. One of the perks in mp's cases, besides them being found OK.. or at least returned to their loved ones is getting to know the area and it's history. There have been a few historical sites in each of the above counties and I have immersed myself in them while trying to find caves, mines or quarries. I get lost in history and architecture. Just ran into a site about an old mill on the Sequatchie River...some kind of yearly fair...but now I want to see that old mill!!!

Yes. The game was tied to the kids elementary school.
Actually, MP was seen at the Lookouts baseball game on the 30th, but that game had nothing to do with the school. There was another Lookouts game on the Wednesday after school was let out that MP also attended with kids and his mother. THAT game, on Wednesday, was the school affiliated game. It was teacher appreciation night and the elementary school, <modsnip> ended up donating money to two other Hamilton County schools after they were hit hard by the tornadoes. Hope this helps. I just wanted to clear up the school- affiliated game comments.

Great Em! You gave me exactly what I was looking for. One of the perks in mp's cases, besides them being found OK.. or at least returned to their loved ones is getting to know the area and it's history. There have been a few historical sites in each of the above counties and I have immersed myself in them while trying to find caves, mines or quarries. I get lost in history and architecture. Just ran into a site about an old mill on the Sequatchie River...some kind of yearly fair...but now I want to see that old mill!!!

OT. Do you mean Ketner's Mill? If so, I have been to that mill many times, played there in the water beside the mill when I was little. One of my grandparents was a Ketner. We had family reunions there too, beautiful place. The fair used to be really great, but the last time we attended-about 5 years ago, it had become all about vendors selling frozen lemonade and corn dogs, disappointing.

[/b]

OT. Do you mean Ketner's Mill? If so, I have been to that mill many times, played there in the water beside the mill when I was little. One of my grandparents was a Ketner. We had family reunions there too, beautiful place. The fair used to be really great, but the last time we attended-about 5 years ago, it had become all about vendors selling frozen lemonade and corn dogs, disappointing.

Yes, that's it. Beautiful old mill. Scroll down, there is another picture during the fair.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tnmarion/photo_gallery.htm

marionc.jpg

Actually, MP was seen at the Lookouts baseball game on the 30th, but that game had nothing to do with the school. There was another Lookouts game on the Wednesday after school was let out that MP also attended with kids and his mother. THAT game, on Wednesday, was the school affiliated game. It was teacher appreciation night and the elementary school, <modsnip> ended up donating money to two other Hamilton County schools after they were hit hard by the tornadoes. Hope this helps. I just wanted to clear up the school- affiliated game comments.

:twocents:I wouldn't think that Lookouts game was the Wednesday before GP went missing because MP would have been FAUX conference out of town with TH. As it was, MP UNEXPECTEDLY arrived back in SM around noonish that Friday (April 29th) correct? So, maybe the game you were referring to (the "teacher appreciation" game with the Lookouts game) actually took place the week before, possibly on May 20th 2011. The storms/tornadoes hit the SM area hard on Wednesday May 27th...so I don't think there would have been any BB games that Wednesday (the 27th). Maybe someone with more knowledge than myself can clear this question up some.

If not that is okay too, because GP was still with us at that point in time...so it really is not that important to this case.The Saturday game played on the evening of April 30th is another story and very important to this case. We know MP was seen at the game with their 2 children that evening. Where was MP post game until Monday when GP was finally reported missing at the urging of AD & DNN? That is a great deal of unaccounted for time. IMHO. I for one would like to know where MP says he was during that period of time, and if MP has anyone who can vouch for his story with regards to his whereabouts during that timespan.
:twocents:

I found a reference to Insurance Bluff on an ATV forum that placed it at the end of Tower Rd in Prentice Cooper. Tower Rd is now Game Reserve Drive apparently. There is a bluffs at the end, but it is a long way from Big Fork. Not sure how helpful that is, but maybe it's a start.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=35.033028,-85.450756%20%28Game%20Reserve%20Rd,%20Chattanooga,%20TN%2037405,%20USA%29"]35.033028,-85.450756 (Game Reserve Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37405, USA) - Google Maps[/ame]

I wonder if someone at Prentice Cooper could be contacted for clarification. Would they fess up to where all the wrecked cars were?

snipped

The Saturday game played on the evening of April 30th is another story and very important to this case. We know MP was seen at the game with their 2 children that evening. Where was MP post game until Monday when GP was finally reported missing at the urging of AD & DNN? That is a great deal of unaccounted for time. IMHO. I for one would like to know where MP says he was during that period of time, and if MP has anyone who can vouch for his story with regards to his whereabouts during that timespan.

Boy, I'd like to know, too.

The game attended on the 30th has always struck me as so odd. However, attending the game to keep things "normal" for the kids seems reasonable. Still, I'd love to know how MP was acting. Specifically, I want to know if he was even watching for Gail to see if she'd show up after cooling off for a few hours, or if he didn't bother watching/waiting for her because he knew she wasn't coming back.

And had anyone called MP to ask about Gail by the time of the game that evening? Maybe no one called him until the 1st. AD didn't call until the 1st when Gail didn't answer her cell (link here) and got MP, who said "She just dropped my kids off and left."

DN called police the 2nd (link here) after reportedly talking to MP, but we don't know the times she called him. Maybe everyone waited overnight just in case Gail went somewhere to cool off.

:twocents:I wouldn't think that Lookouts game was the Wednesday before GP went missing because MP would have been FAUX conference out of town with TH. As it was, MP UNEXPECTEDLY arrived back in SM around noonish that Friday (April 29th) correct? So, maybe the game you were referring to (the "teacher appreciation" game with the Lookouts game) actually took place the week before, possibly on May 20th 2011. The storms/tornadoes hit the SM area hard on Wednesday May 27th...so I don't think there would have been any BB games that Wednesday (the 27th). Maybe someone with more knowledge than myself can clear this question up some.

If not that is okay too, because GP was still with us at that point in time...so it really is not that important to this case.The Saturday game played on the evening of April 30th is another story and very important to this case. We know MP was seen at the game with their 2 children that evening. Where was MP post game until Monday when GP was finally reported missing at the urging of AD & DNN? That is a great deal of unaccounted for time. IMHO. I for one would like to know where MP says he was during that period of time, and if MP has anyone who can vouch for his story with regards to his whereabouts during that timespan.:twocents:

Sleuthy, the tornado was April 27, so the ballgame with teacher's appreciation had to be in May shortly before the end of the school year. (May 24), since they were making a donation for the other schools hit hard by the tornado. IMO

I'd like to know his timeline from 4/29 when GP left-- til the his call to LE too, which IIRC was in the early evening---late afternoon..after DN's call. I'm assuming he went to work that day before calling, but knowing how he "missed" the conference..we can't be sure. AD did say when she saw Matt that following week (Wed) she asked why he was going to work and not looking for GP ***I'd like to know TH's timeline also for that week-end....or a little prior. From the time she arrived in Chatt/SM to drop MP off till the phone ping on 5/2.

The timeline for DN, AD, TH and MP for these days would be important. Also, the mother JP. Especially the phone calls. IMO Maybe MP brushed AD and DN off nonchalantly, by saying she just went to cool off again. But the oddity of talking to AD..and then, IF true, he told the children she had gone to the lakehouse again. I don't think he told AD that because of her reaction on the SMM interview. JMHO

**It's very early...hope you can follow my scrambled thoughts!!

Looking more into the cell phone pings, 20 miles would seem to be the very, very outer limits of range that a tall tower in a rural area would be able to provide. If there were no other towers around to triangulate from then it would be more difficult to narrow the signal to anything less than the radius that particular tower is capable of. There appear to be three Verizon towers close to Gail (I think it was said she had Verizon?) One between SM and Red Bank, one north of Jasper, and one north of Whitwell. So they may have been able to triangulate that call from her phone and get a more accurate location.

I'm trying to find the MSM article that said her phone pinged near Wal-mart, but I haven't found it yet. Because, although I'm not local, I agree that it doesn't seem like "near Wal-Mart" and "North face of mountain" would be talking about the same area.

So....wondering if her phone pinged off the tower near Wal-Mart, but the triangulated location was closer to the north face of the mountain? I need to look into all of this further...just throwing this out there for some food for thought....
BBM

Irish - I seem to recall that it was stated two or more threads back that Gail had Sprint service. And it was speculated that MP had Verizon since it would be a BCBS perk. Sorry, don't have a link, just now.

I was thinking with all the cell phone towers in Chattanooga, TN and surrounding areas that triangulation would be the way to go, but I'm wondering if the peaks and valleys may cause interference?

It's my understanding that it really doesn't matter who your cell phone carrier is when it comes to which towers handle calls?!

Wondering...does a phone ping even if turned off? How about if the phone is turned on but in an area with no reception?

Sleuthy, the tornado was April 27, so the ballgame with teacher's appreciation had to be in May shortly before the end of the school year. (May 24), since they were making a donation for the other schools hit hard by the tornado. IMO

I'd like to know his timeline from 4/29 when GP left-- til the his call to LE too, which IIRC was in the early evening---late afternoon..after DN's call. I'm assuming he went to work that day before calling, but knowing how he "missed" the conference..we can't be sure. AD did say when she saw Matt that following week (Wed) she asked why he was going to work and not looking for GP ***I'd like to know TH's timeline also for that week-end....or a little prior. From the time she arrived in Chatt/SM to drop MP off till the phone ping on 5/2.

The timeline for DN, AD, TH and MP for these days would be important. Also, the mother JP. Especially the phone calls. IMO Maybe MP brushed AD and DN off nonchalantly, by saying she just went to cool off again. But the oddity of talking to AD..and then, IF true, he told the children she had gone to the lakehouse again. I don't think he told AD that because of her reaction on the SMM interview. JMHO

**It's very early...hope you can follow my scrambled thoughts!!

My bad ...you are correct ....I wrote May but meant April...Sorry.....too tired :loser: to post accurately I guess....thanks for the catch HollyBlue Thanks for the post...I agree with you

I found a reference to Insurance Bluff on an ATV forum that placed it at the end of Tower Rd in Prentice Cooper. Tower Rd is now Game Reserve Drive apparently. There is a bluffs at the end, but it is a long way from Big Fork. Not sure how helpful that is, but maybe it's a start.

35.033028,-85.450756 (Game Reserve Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37405, USA) - Google Maps

I wonder if someone at Prentice Cooper could be contacted for clarification. Would they fess up to where all the wrecked cars were?

http://www.tn.gov/agriculture/publications/forestry/PCSF_map.pdf

Jim Lane
PO Box 160
Hixson, TN 37343
(423) 658-5551

Em - Thanks for the tour of PC/BF. Wow...those videos of Prentice Cooper/Big Fork are not areas that a woman is going to go in to alone, especially when under stress, imo!

Just want to expand on the reasoning for believing she went north...if "ok" figuratively speaking. IF GP was getting more paranoid by the minute or had a mental break of some kind...she may have even doubted AD's sincerity...and headed for family or other friends for a soft place.

I like this train of thought...that she was going to head for what she believed was a safe place. I keep going back to the women's shelters info she had been given, and the possibility that if she was in AlAnon, she reached out there.

BeanE: I looked for a map of Insurance Bluff before and couldn't find one. Also, I think there is another Insurance Bluff somewhere else in Tennessee, in another county. So you have to be sure the one you find is in the Hamilton/Sequatchie/Marion County areas.

My two cents about the phone pings :twocents:

I agree with Emeraldgem that the "north face" wouldn't be anywhere along Mountain Creek, but on the other side of the mountain (the Insurance Bluff/Sequatchie side). I wrote that once and got smacked down by someone so I hate to even post it again, but to me the highway going down through Prentice-Cooper would be the North Face.

But this might be a case of mind-over-words :crazy: and they were envisioning the mountain differently than we think. Whoever said that might be thinking that the ping came somewhere along the bluff "north" of Signal Mountain. In that case, we might consider that the W-Road that goes down the face is north of the Wal Mart and Suck Creek Road, and Roberts Mill Road comes down further north than that. Those roads are north of Signal and come down the bluff, therefore "north bluff."

Really it's just sloppy description by whomever said it. The mountain exists at an angle to the river, with Signal Point at the southerly end, and extending to the northeast like every other mountain in East Tennessee. They should have talked about the Red Bank side of the Mountain or the Prentice Cooper side of the mountain. Then we wouldn't still be discussing this.

However, I disagree that they can't pinpoint the towers. They should surely be able to tell whether she was near the river or up on the mountain - those towers wouldn't cover the same territory. The ones in the valley wouldn't cover the mountain, for instance. And the mountain can interfere with the signals also and block signals in certain places, so if one tower lost it and another picked it up, they could extrapolate the phone's position from that.

BBM: I agree entirely, ThoughtFox. Thanks for explaining so well.

BBM: I agree entirely, ThoughtFox. Thanks for explaining so well.

I also agree that LE can pinpoint the towers. It's my understanding that towers are what are on ping reports.

Is that correct, Oriah?

That's why I don't understand why we have two tower locations - north base and Walmart - for the last ping. The last ping, by my understanding, would be on the ping report as one and only one tower location. At least on ping reports I've seen.

Ping reports are hard to read and follow as they show the tower bounces without necessarily defining them as that. However, experts know how to read them that is for sure and I feel confident that they have more specific information.

Ping reports are hard to read and follow as they show the tower bounces without necessarily defining them as that. However, experts know how to read them that is for sure and I feel confident that they have more specific information.

I agree, believe09. The possible tower bounces can be defined by thorough investigation (though I sure wish providers would find a way to make it easier!)

My frustration is now with other devices that ping- and why the jeep is not focused on. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member