Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately, they couldn't mention her stealing during the trial since it was too prejudicial. Ashton's hands were tied on that one, which really sucks to me. I'm guessing since the felony convictions couldn't be brought in, the SA decided to not even talk about the stealing at trial. Without the stealing, and knowing what she did to Amy, I can see at least there where the Pinellas 12 might have some trouble coming up with a motive (just a little bit, though, this is not excuse for their verdict). I guess I'm saying it was a lot clearer to a lot of us who knew what a thief Casey was that Casey was guilty. All the Pinellas 12 saw was a girl who did not work and lied about it, but was supported fully by her parents and so was her child. Little financial motivation to kill Caylee there (in the Pinella's minds).

I believe the reason the SA couldn't bring up the felony convictions is because the convictions occurred after she was charged with this crime, not before. She was already in custody without bail when she pled guilty to the check fraud charges.

Had she been convicted of the felony charges before her trial, I don't know if even then prior charges are allowed in. Does anyone remember from the legal thread?

Ch 13 now playing a video of the news conference. They didn't bring it live.

Hope they post a link on their website soon.

DCF is saying nothing new.

Well I'll be. I never expected that. The DCF report clearly indicates she should have been charged with one of the lesser crimes.

I hope the jurors see this little blurb. NO they did not need the DCF to tell them this. The evidence in court clearly showed that her failure to protect caused Caylee's death. It actually showed much more, but at a bare minimum it showed this.

Even if the jurors bought the defense's argument: by her own attorney's admission, Casey who was not a doctor failed to call 911 and Caylee very well could have still been alive. Involuntary manslaughter.

What's disconcerting to me is that matters were so clear to DFS and yet so terribly unclear (?) to the Pinellas 12. Then again, it took DFS 3 years and not 11 hours (or less) to come to a conclusion. ;)

I am totally flummoxed at the timing of this report's release. What the heck? I wonder what DFS has to say for itself in the news conference/presser...

I don't think even this report would have mattered to the Pinellas 12 ... if they had this report in hand ... I feel they would have been more concerned with what the 'dessert lady' had for them that day! :twocents:

:cow:

I swear if any of the jurors come forward and say "If only I had known" I will blow my top. Dr Garavaglia told them this during the trial.

He'll prolly get on TV tonight and threaten to sue DCF for publicizing this report.

:floorlaugh: Yep ... threaten them with his "middle finger" ...

:seeya: Hi Cheney ... what do you think of your little "darling" now ?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I swear if any of the jurors come forward and say "If only I had known" I will blow my top. Dr Garavaglia told them this during the trial.

Too late for that. I think it was juror #3 has already used this line.:maddening::maddening::maddening:

I don't think even this report would have mattered to the Pinellas 12 ... if they had this report in hand ... I feel they would have been more concerned with what the 'dessert lady' had for them that day! :twocents:

I agree. Nothing but videotape of the crime being committed would have made a difference for that jury.

DCF just stated that because there were no siblings they closed the case. Then News13 cut off the video. I'm keeping an eye out for it online.

What's around the next corner? KC confesses on live TV? Calls us all "suckers", pops a Corona and guzzles?

:banghead:

Yeah. This report is worth about the same amount as the losing Power Ball ticket I'm holding.

jmo

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Hilarious ... I think the "losing" Power Ball ticket might be worth MORE ...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Thanks for the "laugh" ...

MOO ...

The timing of this release is smelling stinky to me! The community will now be enraged again, just in time to prove the DT's assertion that it is dangerous for FICA to be back in O town. There should be an explanation of why it was released TODAY, not before the trial and not next week after HHJBP rules.

I just thought of something to tie your post in to the sudden release of this today ~

My money says that Baez and Cheney are behind the releasing of this "dirty little secret".

How many times have they been behind the "leaks" in this case before????

I hope that when DCF has their press release, they tell they are NOT the ones to have released this at all.

And, the finger goes right straight back to you know who.
Again.
As per their normal habits.

I agree. Nothing but videotape of the crime being committed would have made a difference for that jury.

I would like to see a copy of this report sent to each jury member and the alternates too ... certified mail, addressee only, return receipt requested ... so they had to sign for it. :loser:

Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-dcf-report-20110811,0,1774056.story

------------------------------------------

Does this mean anything, or is it just part of DCF procedure? My first reaction to this article was..."uh, yeah...duh." But then I started wondering what the point of completing the report AFTER the trial is over. Does anyone have any insight into DCF process and procedure? Does this mean she will be on file as a child abuser? Also, is this in public record? I would love to read that report.

Putting it on the record in case she has another child, imo.

I'm typing this as lightning flashes and behind the thunder I think I can hear some unholy laughter. This is the epitome of the recent "news of the absurd" to come out of Orlando.

I'm thinking our rage at FKC getting off scot free has gone sideways and we are inappropriately accusing anyone and everyone of being the boogy man under the bed or is she in the closet. Whoa - I'm thinking this anger needs to be placed directly back at FKC and Baez where it belongs! Why is he in hiding anyway?:waitasec:

And why the heck are we giving "everyone" so much power, including the Anthony's? I'm not seeing any evidence of "power" in the miserable existence they have now and will continue to have. As far as Baez - his legal career is finished - he is as untouchable as FKC.

Well, IMO, that's still giving them to much credit.
Not even with sub-titles attached would they have gotton this, because they had places to go and people to see.

2 of them had scheduled vacations that should NEVER have been seated in the first place.

But, won't go there and derail the thread.

I believe the reason the SA couldn't bring up the felony convictions is because the convictions occurred after she was charged with this crime, not before. She was already in custody without bail when she pled guilty to the check fraud charges.

Had she been convicted of the felony charges before her trial, I don't know if even then prior charges are allowed in. Does anyone remember from the legal thread?

Usually "prior bad acts" are not brought up in a Capital Murder Trial as they are considered prejudicial and unrelated.

count on it - names released in what, october? Followed by November sweeps. Plenty of time for the interviews (if they aren't being done already)

I think Merc said it above - this is just administrative. Closing the file and trying to mitigate against and potential legal action.

Florida's DCF has a long and troubled past. I just don't understand why this report could not have been done sooner and made a part of the public record BEFORE the trial.:banghead:

Here is just one example of the many problems DCF has had:

DCF's missing children
Florida's child welfare system has been unable to locate more than 500 children under its care, some of them missing for a decade or more. Where are the children? A Sun-Sentinel search for 24 South Florida children on the missing list turned up nine -- two in under three hours.

August 11, 2002
Lost kids easily found: Sun-Sentinel turns up nine of DCF’s missing children
Florida's child welfare system has been unable to locate more than 500 children under its care, some of them missing for a decade or more.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-dcfstorygallery,0,6891643.storygallery

I would believe they withheld it by request of SA so ensure KC received a fair trial. And KC did. DCF's concern is with any future children she might have or come in contact with....i.e. boyfriend who has a small child. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee
Back