GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rest in Peace Michelle!

ArmsOfAnAngel.gif

I hope Carrie McGonigle gets some of that reward money. She deserves it.

I loved this article. It explains that it was indeed Carrie McGonigle's dog who was named Amber (after her daughter) who found Michelle:

"McGonigle did not return calls seeking comment Tuesday, but told the San Diego Union-Tribune that, "I believe there must have been a higher power at work. How did she [dog Amber] run three or four acres right toward" the remains?"

If I am understanding the article correctly, it says that the dog was not a trained cadaver dog, but had had 6 mos. of rescue training--which I presume means live persons.

This brings tears to my eyes. I agree with Carrie McGonigle. Some higher power at work.

Something beautiful amidst all the horror.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18940229

There are no winners in this case. It doesn't matter in the least WHO found the remains of Michelle Le. A 26 year old woman is dead, her murderer is in jail awaiting trial, and the family is attempting to cope with the magnitude of the loss of someone they love and even admired.

I went back through a lot of my posts leading up to this one and noticed that I was pretty much right on target with what I suggested happened to Michelle and how it happened. I’m not looking for a pat on the back but, it appears my investigative skills were on par. My hunches were right when I instructed the search teams to look low and near creek areas for her body. GE was not going to go hiking with Michelle. She was going to get rid of her as soon as possible. When we were in formation ACROSS THE STREET from where her body was found I was looking over the fences in that direction thinking that it was also possible that she was in that direction but we were under orders to stay together and search only specific areas. Yes, our team searched very close to where Michelle was finally located near the country club. I'm sure you can imagine my pain when I realized where she was compared to where we searched. We were less than few yards away.

I found it very interesting that law enforcement was on scene the day of the discovery. While I had seen LE at the command post it was very unusual for them to go with us out to search...like they did the day she was found. I also found it odd that her body was found in an area that had already been cleared by LE. It was an area we were told not to search...until recently, as in… that day.

I have my suspicions that the body was relocated at least once based on the information. While that seems unlikely in some cases, it seems odd where and how her remains were eventually found. Something about that does not add up as she would have been very visible, especially from the air. I had no doubt that animals had done a bit of damage and I'm hoping that it does not impede the discovery process. While it is possible that her body was not moved, it seems unlikely that her body was there and not visible.

They are remaining quiet on the items that were found with her body as if it's a matter of National Security. Although, I would love to now point out very plainly and clearly that had law enforcement not held back so much information we would have found her MUCH FASTER than we had. Case in point, LE let it slip that THEY KNEW where her pings died all along. I checked it out, the cellular towers in that area is VERY close to the drop point, forget triangulation. I'm not buying that they didn't know where she was. Sorry. I have a suspicion that LE -WAITED- until they had enough evidence against GE before becoming more aggressive in finding Michelle's body. I suspect this because of the timing of events...it was all too coincidental to be a matter of chance. They probably feared that she would flee and it would be very costly for extradition.

I noticed how quickly LE pulled back the volunteer searchers and sent in "real" Search and Rescue Teams, which for several months we certainly could have used their help in the field when we were digging through trenches and sifting through leaves in areas that they (LE) knew she wasn't, you know, just keeping people busy while they waited for the tests to come back. It was amazing how quickly they were able to assemble after all the hard work had been done for them. While I am sure that LE wasn't completely dropping the ball in this case - it stings a lot on how they handled themselves and especially how much they didn't tell the family.

The searchers, family, and organizations that assisted the family were very commendable. It was really amazing how many people pulled together to make all of this happen. Therefore, there are a lot of amazing people who contributed and deserve credit, not just one person who found her remains... by a "generously amazingly helpful" hint from LE that "Oh, she eh... might be over there, guys."

The court case is going to be very interesting and hopefully a lot of our questions will be answered. Until then, continue to support the family - with money preferably as a funeral is going to be expensive and they spent a lot of energy, effort, and money with the on-going search efforts.

Pray for them and pray for justice.

Wadsworth. Thank you for searching, I'm sure it wasn't easy on any of you. I'm sure Michelle's family is very appreciative of all those who helped to bring their daughter back to them.

It is such a sad thing and so senseless. May she rest in peace.

Color me confused. Wadsworth, are you saying that you believe that LE didn't want to find her body right away?
Quoting from above post

I'm not buying that they didn't know where she was. Sorry. I have a suspicion that LE -WAITED- until they had enough evidence against GE before becoming more aggressive in finding Michelle's body. I suspect this because of the timing of events...it was all too coincidental to be a matter of chance. They probably feared that she would flee and it would be very costly for extradition.

Critical evidence may very well have been lost forever because it took so long to find the body. I shudder to think that they wouldn't care about that.

I'm not buying that they didn't know where she was. Sorry. I have a suspicion that LE -WAITED- until they had enough evidence against GE before becoming more aggressive in finding Michelle's body. I suspect this because of the timing of events...it was all too coincidental to be a matter of chance. They probably feared that she would flee and it would be very costly for extradition.

Having a body is considered one of the most important pieces of evidence LE can have against a murder suspect and to use as leverage for a confession etc, so why would they wait to aggressively look for Michelle's body while looking for other pieces of evidence? Sure you can convict w/o a body, but it makes it more difficult.

"They are remaining quiet on the items that were found with her body as if it's a matter of National Security. Although, I would love to now point out very plainly and clearly that had law enforcement not held back so much information we would have found her MUCH FASTER than we had. Case in point, LE let it slip that THEY KNEW where her pings died all along. I checked it out, the cellular towers in that area is VERY close to the drop point, forget triangulation. I'm not buying that they didn't know where she was."

This is what bothers me alot. If they knew this then why wasn't that area totally scoured?
I just don't get that. That would have been the first area I would have searched.

Thank all of you for your hard work, those on the ground,. those on the net and those that helped the family with donations. etc. This was truly a community effort.

LE and others have searched the area before a few times. Do you think LE is that clueless? You won't find the same things each time you search. If you ever searched before, you would know that. The phone pinged towers in different cities. At the time, you cannot rule out that Giselle still had the phone in the car by accident after she laid Michelle someplace else; so, search efforts were scattered in different areas, not just Sunol.

Also, there seems to be discrepancy about who found the remains. This is going to be interesting in court. You'll find out who really found the remains.

The point is, Michelle is home. We all have frustrations about this whole thing. But now it's time to support the family instead of speculating on a forum.

I hope there is a plea in this case, for the sake of the family.

Slain Daugher's Mom Finds Missing Girl's Body
‎6 minutes ago‎

When the body of a bay area nursing student was found near an Alameda County park Saturday, it was none other than the mother of murdered Escondido Teenager Amber Dubois who located the remains. Carrie McGonigle was among a couple dozen volunteers searching for 26 year-old Michelle Le in a remote canyon when she came upon the body.

Leading her to the body was McGonigle's dog, a labrador named Amber, in memory of her murdered daughter.

http://www.kmjnow.com/pages/landing...s-Missing-Girls-B=1&blockID=550310&feedID=806

This may already have been posted. I just saw it. Sorry if re-post.

Slain Daugher's Mom Finds Missing Girl's Body
‎6 minutes ago‎

When the body of a bay area nursing student was found near an Alameda County park Saturday, it was none other than the mother of murdered Escondido Teenager Amber Dubois who located the remains. Carrie McGonigle was among a couple dozen volunteers searching for 26 year-old Michelle Le in a remote canyon when she came upon the body.

Leading her to the body was McGonigle's dog, a labrador named Amber, in memory of her murdered daughter.

http://www.kmjnow.com/pages/landing...s-Missing-Girls-B=1&blockID=550310&feedID=806

This may already have been posted. I just saw it. Sorry if re-post.

According to who? PD? Le Family?

Again, from my previous post

"Also, there seems to be discrepancy about who found the remains. This is going to be interesting in court. You'll find out who really found the remains."

"Also, there seems to be discrepancy about who found the remains. This is going to be interesting in court. You'll find out who really found the remains."

Actually, it was my understanding that Carrie found the body, but that there was an off-duty LE with her at the time. That is my understanding from watching a couple of news reports. I may be wrong, as the media does distort things. However, there are too many reports that say that it was Carrie that found the body for me to disagree at this point. I commend Carrie! She knows first hand what it is like to not know where her daughter is. She knows the pain first hand of waiting, searching, wondering for months on end. Thankfully Michelle can be buried now and her family has a place to go to mourn her loss. And - they no longer have false hope that she may come back alive some day. How unbearable for the families of the missing that never get the chance to lay their loved one to rest.

R.I.P. Michelle

Oh boy.

No disrespect intended to anyone involved in this search. But gosh I hope it wasn't Carrie.

According to Carrie I believe. I'm pretty sure she released a statement about it.

Anyone think the suspect gave Michelle's location for some sort of deal?

The search parties and LE have been looking for months with no results...GE gets arrested and a week later, Michelle was found.

Anyone think the suspect gave Michelle's location for some sort of deal?

The search parties and LE have been looking for months with no results...GE gets arrested and a week later, Michelle was found.

bolded by me.

It kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? But wouldn't we have heard about it?

Snipped for space:
ITA... mostly.

<It doesn't matter in the least WHO found the remains of Michelle Le. A 26 year old woman is dead, her murderer is in jail awaiting trial, and the family is attempting to cope with the magnitude of the loss of someone they love >

I just hope that Carrie was not the one who found Michelle. Talk about pain upon pain.

Actually, it was my understanding that Carrie found the body, but that there was an off-duty LE with her at the time. That is my understanding from watching a couple of news reports. I may be wrong, as the media does distort things. However, there are too many reports that say that it was Carrie that found the body for me to disagree at this point.

In the grand scheme of things, at least Michelle is home.

<modsnip>

Whoever it ends up being who truly spotted the grave, then good eye. Whoever saw the remains, I hope they heal and aren't traumatized.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27
Back