WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upthread I read one of the searchers who tracked Aliayah's sent to the river estimated the scent was 3-7 days old. Anyone recall that?

Leads me to two thoughts/questions.

Is it possible this precious child has been gone that long and it took days for Mom and step dad to come up with an alibi?

How do searchers/SAR determine the age of a scent tracked?

I think they said it could have been 3 - 7 days old.

Hi All,

Just joining so not sure if this has been mentioned or if it is even relevant but has anyone thought that its odd for a three year old to be missing FOUR of her TOP teeth?? That seems quite young to be having teeth already falling out naturally! Let alone the fact that it is odd too lose all four top teeth at once anyway?

Who knows maybe I am wrong.. just trying to think back when I first starting loosing teeth and I don't think it was that young!!

That is what I was thinking so I googled. Most kids start to lose teeth around 6 or 7. Some as early as 4. Normally starts with the 2 bottom front teeth. So to be missing 4 top teeth at 3 ?????????????

Upthread I read one of the searchers who tracked Aliayah's sent to the river estimated the scent was 3-7 days old. Anyone recall that?

Is it possible this precious child has been gone that long and it took days for Mom and step dad to come up with an alibi?

From what I'm reading on several forums, I think this is highly probable. This case brings back all the horrible memories of Jessica Lundsford and also Haleigh Cummings. :( I just want the baby to be found. I do not for one second believe she wandered away through that brush to the river.

If you did, I apologize. I did not see the correction.
Jessica's case certainly fits the bill tho considering she was stolen right from her own bedroom.

its ok really...when the child is taken from inside the home like that ,its even more devastating i would imagine, because you would think they would be safe in their own home..so in my opinion for that to happen it has to be someone familiar in some way with the family or the neighborhood..i just hope they find her..

I don't think she was gone prior to Saturday because she involved the kids.. The other children would have said (or would eventually say) something. I recall it was said that the scent could be a few days old hence she could have gone by the river (accompanied) a short time prior to her going missing.
I have NO idea how they would determine how "old" the scent is that they track..My assumption would be they can't and can only say how long the scent may linger.

its ok really...when the child is taken from inside the home like that ,its even more devastating i would imagine, because you would think they would be safe in their own home..so in my opinion for that to happen it has to be someone familiar in some way with the family or the neighborhood..i just hope they find her..

Without a doubt! This is a parents worst nightmare! Another 2 cases I can think of is Elizabeth Smart and Polly Klaas :(
Elizabeth is the exception to the norm.. Polly is unfortunately the norm :(

So how many children do they have? I thought there was a 9 year old, I would think she would notice if the child was missing longer then what is being said. Its a mystery of what happen to this little girl. So many questions. I would never know what the mom was thinking while she drove around. Between the hours she went missing, I would think a stranger would have alot of balls to enter a house. I would think at that time someone would see her wander away, I said think. Maybe with Aliayah being sick, the mom was up all night and tired. I know when I am exhausted my mind can not function on what my next step is.

Someone mention the door has problems? Can anyone verify that for me? I will never blame a parent if a child goes missing, unless they did it, but please lock your doors.. I know perp can still break windows and doors, but it takes a few extra seconds, and those seconds can be the ones you wake and hear something.

I further wonder if she and sibblings had ever played in that area.

Just my :twocents: but I bet they did...

They said she didn't go outside without her mother, she was very attached to her mother. I don't believe she would have been down there unless she walked with her mom. moo

So how many children do they have? I thought there was a 9 year old, I would think she would notice if the child was missing longer then what is being said. Its a mystery of what happen to this little girl. So many questions. I would never know what the mom was thinking while she drove around. Between the hours she went missing, I would think a stranger would have alot of balls to enter a house. I would think at that time someone would see her wander away, I said think. Maybe with Aliayah being sick, the mom was up all night and tired. I know when I am exhausted my mind can not function on what my next step is.

Someone mention the door has problems? Can anyone verify that for me? I will never blame a parent if a child goes missing, unless they did it, but please lock your doors.. I know perp can still break windows and doors, but it takes a few extra seconds, and those seconds can be the ones you wake and hear something.

BBM

Yes. LE said the front screen door didn't have a handle on it and the front door didn't shut well. (something to that affect). Its in the CNN article posted today.

So how many children do they have? I thought there was a 9 year old, I would think she would notice if the child was missing longer then what is being said. .

Respectfully shortened. There are 5 children in the home ranging from, I believe, age 11 to 8 mo's and mom is expecting twins in a few weeks.

IMO, I can see a scenario where mom could convince the children to keep the secret that Aliayah may have been gone days ago. this mother was already incarcerated for a period of time in which some of her children were apart from her. If Mom scared them into saying we have to keep this to ourselves or you will be taken away from me...... I can see the children old enough to understand to be in complete fear and go along with whatever story they were told to stick with.

ETA: think about it. NOT ONE of the family would be interviewed on camera once national media was interested. From what locals are saying NONE of the family is searching. The two? local msm articles with a sister and grandma being interviewed they were already talking about this child in the past tense. :furious:

jmo

The picture shown up stream is of the back of the house.

1. If you go thru the door in the picture you would enter the kitchen/breakfast nook.
the kitchen would be to the right with the nook being to the left.

2. Continue thru the the breakfast nook to a bathroom with two very small bedrooms on
either side.

3. Turn around and go back thru the b/n and to the left is a living room.

4. Walking thru the living room towards the front door - the large bedroom is on the
the left. As you go in this bedroom, the front door is on your right...

This is a very small house - I would guess 1000 sq. feet.

From the back porch view in the picture there is a cellar where the black iron railing is and it takes four or so steps to go down to it.

If someone would be in the front bedroom and a child in one of the back bedrooms someone could enter the back door unheard....that is if the person is sleeping and in
the front bedroom.

The windows are small and up high. There is a pic of the front of the house some where...also one side. I will look for it.

Respectfully shortened. There are 5 children in the home ranging from, I believe, age 11 to 8 mo's and mom is expecting twins in a few weeks.

IMO, I can see a scenario where mom could convince the children to keep the secret that Aliayah may have been gone days ago. this mother was already incarcerated for a period of time in which some of her children were apart from her. If Mom scared them into saying we have to keep this to ourselves or you will be taken away from me...... I can see the children old enough to understand to be in complete fear and go along with whatever story they were told to stick with.

jmo

BBM
If this is the case, then we'll see the true story on 48 Hours ID in like 15 years :)

To continue on...from the back door to the river would be less than a football field but there is a steep drop to the river in that area.

With regards to the screen door with a bad handle being discussed as hard to close properly; there is also an interior door. There is NO way a sick 3 year old is going to remember to close the interior door even if the screen door does not always close properly.

My almost 9 year old forgot to shut the door behind him twice last year when he was in 2nd grade. Twice I returned home in the morning after driving him to school to find the front door left wide open. Fortunately nothing happened as a result, but after the second time I no longer remind him to close the door behind him. I wait until he walks out of the house and ensure the door is closed.

I'm not buying an ounce of what this mother is trying to sell. Not one ounce of it. I hope LE has some good interrogators so we can get to the truth of what happened to this precious child, and she is found soon. My greatest fear is she was put in the river days ago and may have been carried so far upstream or covered with silt she'd be difficult to find. And that is a horrible thought.

jmo

ETA: think about it. NOT ONE of the family would be interviewed on camera once national media was interested. From what locals are saying NONE of the family is searching. The two? local msm articles with a sister and grandma being interviewed they were already talking about this child in the past tense. :furious:

jmo

I think this could have very easily happened.

I believe she went out the door in someone's arms about the time the step-dad left. jmo
I wonder if Mom went to town looking for her husband but didn't have enough gas to get there, or maybe she did. I don't know. Was he home when LE got there? No one has seen or heard from him yet. Mom, Grandmother, Cousins. Where is he? Just asking.

moo

Hinky meter alert screaming! When is this going to stop :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members