Raven's Website and Online Activity

..i was looking at raven's posting patterns...

...the night before janet's murder, we've read ( and re-read!) his
http://ravenstree.blogspot.com/ "if i were a bird...........wait, i am !"

...also, in that week previous to the murder....he posts a comment on

http://cedarmesa.blogspot.com/2005/04/echoes-from-road-palatki-ruins-sedona.html ( a native american flutes and music blog)

...the blog was written april 18, 2005 , raven , commenting under his
Ina’maqki’u wi’dishi’anun name posted at 7;16 a.m...( so , the earliest that could have been would have been april 19th........ a week before the murder..)

Ina’maqki’u wi’dishi’anun said... Scott, your pictures and comments were terrific. I am of native american and hispanic heritage. These pictures remind me of my youth while in Utah and California.

I think I'll look up some of your music now!

7:36 AM ...noted: in the week before janet's death, there's confirmation in his own writing of his reaching out to his native american heritage...AND of his "youth", back in the days when life was less complicated...

...skimming his posts on the VX boards...........the guy does a LOT of early morning posting.....5 a.m...6 a.m.....some @ 2 or 3 a.m....( back in february..)
02/17/2005, 02:34 AM NC_VX....posting about having to sell his ducati...

...it just struck me as odd, that one person would be both a late night, AND an early morning poster........(someone with a lot on his mind i'd say.)....

... a post i hadn't noticed before...on raven's VX forum:

03/19/2004, 11:08 AM
NC_VX

... I thought I owuld be able to drive the motorcycle but it poored rain every day and then I hurt my shoulder playing soccer... Go figure!!!

So, my dear kind wife has been able to give me rides around... How sweet! I got lucky, cause we also work together!!!

.........so dear...so kind...so sweet.................that raven hasn't taken the time to post a memorial paragraph yet.........( in his own words.....Go Figure !!!!! )

I think it’s hard to judge someone actions and non-actions when dealing with death, especially murder. I don’t think anyone can say that they know for sure how they would react to that situation. I know how I would hope that I would react, but I would imagine I’d be in such shock and utter disbelief that “normal” might just never surface. As for the volleyball tourney, I think I too would’ve gone. Smacking a volleyball is a great frustration release.

ItsMe said:
I think it’s hard to judge someone actions and non-actions when dealing with death, especially murder. I don’t think anyone can say that they know for sure how they would react to that situation. I know how I would hope that I would react, but I would imagine I’d be in such shock and utter disbelief that “normal” might just never surface. As for the volleyball tourney, I think I too would’ve gone. Smacking a volleyball is a great frustration release.
Yes, I agree. You would go into shock and utter disbelief so you would be acting on impulse, which would be running to your dear wife, holding her, trying to save her, protecting your child and wanting justice for her brutal murder. We've (the public) have heard NOTHING from Raven. Where is his outrage? Where is his cry for justice? That would be a universal reaction to someone who is innocent and had lost a well loved spouse.

snapple said:
Yes, I agree. You would go into shock and utter disbelief so you would be acting on impulse, which would be running to your dear wife, holding her, trying to save her, protecting your child and wanting justice for her brutal murder. We've (the public) have heard NOTHING from Raven. Where is his outrage? Where is his cry for justice? That would be a universal reaction to someone who is innocent and had lost a well loved spouse.
The key word there is "innocent"!

ItsMe said:
Yeah, well some could argue that stabbing your wife is too!

Stranger Violence

... Any loss due to murder will be grieved in different ways because relationships with the victim were all different. Spouses will have to adjust to being a widow or widower...

Depending somewhat on the suddenness of the death and the stigma of the murder itself, survivors may find themselves making drastic changes in their lifestyle, including: a sense of having "changed" from the person they used to be; a greater need for dependence on others or the institutions of society; a sense of loss in social standing; and a questioning of faith or religion. Homicide survivors may experience symptoms of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, but they are much more likely to experience a phenomenon known as "complicated mourning." Years after the murder, survivors also find themselves having uncontrollable crying. These feelings have been called "grief spasms" or "memory embraces".

When homicide survivors first learn about the murder, they experience shock and disbelief, numbness, changes in appetite or sleeping patterns, difficulty concentrating, confusion, anger, fear and anxiety...

Then, there's usually a feeling that "the world has stopped"; they cannot understand how everyone else is able to go on about their daily routine. Later reactions often include a desire for revenge. It's not uncommon for homicide survivors to have tremendous feelings of rage toward the person(s) responsible for the murder, and they may also experience anger toward the victim for "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" or for having a lifestyle which placed them at greater risk for victimization.

There are four "tasks" of the grieving process. These include:

• Accepting the reality of the loss
  • Feeling the grief
  • Adjusting to a life in which the deceased is no longer present
  • Emotionally relocating the deceased so that life can go on...
Homicide survivors have little privacy. Their identities and the circumstances of the murder often become public knowledge, and they may find a microphone thrust in their faces after a court hearing. The media also tends to report inaccurate or inappropriate information about the case and may portray the offender as a victim...

When the crime is unsolved, the family will often try to pursue any avenue to obtain information or insights about what happened -- not only to bring the guilty party to justice, but also to protect themselves from unknown threats. Some families hire psychics or profilers to try to come up with new leads, and others become police "wannabes", listening to a scanner all day and night...

JerseyGirl said:
Stranger Violence

... When the crime is unsolved, the family will often try to pursue any avenue to obtain information or insights about what happened -- not only to bring the guilty party to justice, but also to protect themselves from unknown threats. Some families hire psychics or profilers to try to come up with new leads, and others become police "wannabes", listening to a scanner all day and night...

You know what is crazy about this is I was watching Pyschic Detectives the other night on NBC and I thought, someone needs to hire one in this case. Then, of course I thought.......what am I talking about?? I didn't now Janet, but I feel as though I (meaning all of us) have learned some much about her & I just wish they would make an arrest.

ItsMe said:
You know what is crazy about this is I was watching Pyschic Detectives the other night on NBC and I thought, someone needs to hire one in this case. Then, of course I thought.......what am I talking about?? I didn't now Janet, but I feel as though I (meaning all of us) have learned some much about her & I just wish they would make an arrest.
I know ... that's the one danger at this site. It starts to feel personal after a while, and we find ourselves crying over people we've never met. :( But if anything we do can help to bring justice, then I guess that it's worth it. It does get hard sometimes, though, especially when you find yourself thinking about them while you're driving or in the grocery store, etc.

JerseyGirl said:
Stranger Violence
When homicide survivors first learn about the murder, they experience shock and disbelief, numbness, changes in appetite or sleeping patterns, difficulty concentrating, confusion, anger, fear and anxiety...

Then, there's usually a feeling that "the world has stopped"; they cannot understand how everyone else is able to go on about their daily routine. Later reactions often include a desire for revenge. It's not uncommon for homicide survivors to have tremendous feelings of rage toward the person(s) responsible for the murder, and they may also experience anger toward the victim for "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" or for having a lifestyle which placed them at greater risk for victimization.
In rereading the "family letter" on MrAllgood's blog, it sounds like this is exactly what Janet's family is doing.......while Mr. R is out playing volleyball, VXing, Mt. Biking, Soccerplaying and whatever else he can do to "move on".

ItsMe said:
You know what is crazy about this is I was watching Pyschic Detectives the other night on NBC and I thought, someone needs to hire one in this case. Then, of course I thought.......what am I talking about??
What? And spend that hard earned trust fund money on a Pyschic???

JerseyGirl said:
I know ... that's the one danger at this site. It starts to feel personal after a while, and we find ourselves crying over people we've never met. :( But if anything we do can help to bring justice, then I guess that it's worth it. It does get hard sometimes, though, especially when you find yourself thinking about them while you're driving or in the grocery store, etc.

and we find ourselves crying over people we've never met

...yes, we sure do...........and i know we'll all be here until the bitter end to see that this lovely woman , that most of us have never met or had even heard of...........sees justice...

...( scary thought.................on the other hand, i just had visions of an "RII site"........ughhhhh.....)

lauriej said:
and we find ourselves crying over people we've never met

...yes, we sure do...........and i know we'll all be here until the bitter end to see that this lovely woman , that most of us have never met or had even heard of...........sees justice...

...( scary thought.................on the other hand, i just had visions of an "RII site"........ughhhhh.....)
That video definitely made it personal. I have it downloaded, did we ever find out if we could post it here again? And here is to all the posters on this forum:clap: for keeping Janet's memory alive and not giving up until justice is received.

lauriej said:
I would almost love to see that considering that a "find the killer" site has never been created.

Interesting note:

Seems that since yesterderday (I know, as I looked at it yesterday), that Raven's blog has been "updated" -

in that, the narrative is gone, the comments section is gone, the mysterious "until we meet again" blog link that never worked is gone. All that remains is the profile and some other more generic type information.

Seems the online presence of Raven just keeps disappearing, little by little. Odd that someone with such a prolific online "life" would suddenly choose to erase it all - bit by bit.... or, maybe the heat is just getting to be too much and too close? Who knows, but, anxiety, paranoia, frustration, even fear, can cause folks to do things well outside of their character at times!

http://ravenstree.blogspot.com/

(Ok, so to play devil's advocate with myself - perhaps the site is just undergoing, umm, renovation? A new and improved blog on the horizon maybe??)

Someone seems to be keeping up with WS!! Thanks for the update, SES!

SouthEastSleuth said:
Interesting note:

Seems that since yesterderday (I know, as I looked at it yesterday), that Raven's blog has been "updated" -

in that, the narrative is gone, the comments section is gone, the mysterious "until we meet again" blog link that never worked is gone. All that remains is the profile and some other more generic type information.

Seems the online presence of Raven just keeps disappearing, little by little. Odd that someone with such a prolific online "life" would suddenly choose to erase it all - bit by bit.... or, maybe the heat is just getting to be too much and too close? Who knows, but, anxiety, paranoia, frustration, even fear, can cause folks to do things well outside of their character at times!

(Ok, so to play devil's advocate with myself - perhaps the site is just undergoing, umm, renovation? A new and improved blog on the horizon maybe??)
Hi SES,

Good find! It is interesting to see that Raven is pulling back so much from his previous "online life"... It's not hard to imagine why - I'm sure he doesn't want anything out there that could "incriminate" him, although it's a bit late for that now. And anything he put out there now would be viewed as too little, way too late!

Maybe he's ready to reinvent himself again. He could be a snake this time. He could call himself Kaa--like the snake from the Jungle Book.

I don't think that he's going offline completely--I think he's using new screen names, new aliases, and I think he's even posted here.

Jenifred said:
Maybe he's ready to reinvent himself again. He could be a snake this time. He could call himself Kaa--like the snake from the Jungle Book.

I don't think that he's going offline completely--I think he's using new screen names, new aliases, and I think he's even posted here.
I agree, I don't think he'd give up the internet. It seems to be where he lives out his fantasy life. ie: owns lots of toys, pretends not to have money trouble, pretends to be single, etc......... He has to be there somewhere, just laying low because he realizes that people here don't miss a beat! If he does anything that is directly connect to him at all, you all know! That's what I love about this site!

It's obvious he did this to remove the remarks I made and to prohibit any further remarks from being made. He can't handle the truth.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Interesting note:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back