For love or money?

Jenifred said:
You know what I noticed in this article? Let me quote:

"Raven arrived home on April 26 after playing in a soccer game. He found his six-month-old son Kaiden asleep in his bed where he [Raven] had left him and soon after discovered his wife Janet, also 25, stabbed to death in an office in their home. Police are still investigating the crime."

I just thought that there's a tid bit of information that is interesting. Raven knew Kaiden was asleep because he had put him down for the night.

Maybe it's just interesting in my mind, but it makes me question when did Kaiden go down? Did he go to sleep early or later in the evening. My guess would be later so that Janet, after coming home from work, could see him and so that he'd sleep later into the morning, so Raven could recooperate from a late night on the computer.

Anyone else have thoughts?
I picked up on that too. What I think he was saying is he put Kaiden down to bed before he went to the "soccer game" and then came back and found him where he left him. IMO, It's like Raven already knew that Janet wouldn't have picked up Kaiden from his bed or interacted with him because she was already dead before Raven left for the "soccer game".

ItsMe said:
It for sure could have been Bolton. Probably was, makes much more sense. That would fit since someone mentioned that Raven's step dad is an electrician. So, that would seem correct!! Thanks for clearing that up.
Ok, so from my understanding for the benefit to go to only the child's education or whatever, you would put the account under the minor's act. Raven's stepdad probably had to be listed as the Administrator since it is a credit union for electricians and he is the only one we know of that is an electrician in this family. And if that's the case, the cousin in Arizona didn't set this fund up as alleged in the article. And if Raven's stepdad is listed as the Administrator, what is stopping him from giving the money to Raven....nothing. What is stopping him from paying an attorney to defend embezzlement charges/give advice in the murder crime.......nothing. What is stopping him from not spending one dime on Kaiden.....nothing. If it was truly for Kaiden, then it should be listed as such!

...hmmmmmmm...i've had to read over the articles posted by NCB a few times just to digest it all!

...my initial thoughts were........
...(especially after hearing that raven's mom had pre-promoted the 'utah fund' ,while holding kaiden no less, in VA.....)
...ahhhhh...and so here is the actual promotion itself...

...they did a good job of reaching out to as many wards as possible...the grandmother from one....raven from many...the cousin & spouse, from another...oh, and the cousins parents....yet another...

...as i read the article, (with a very biased--------but raven murdered her! )mind-set, it appalled me that they'd throw in the children's lemonade stand story to 'soften ' the outright plea for $$$'s...

...not to be mis-understood...........what those kids did was incredibly touching, as well as the cousin & her husband, the co-workers...it's a wonderful thing to see such an out-pouring of support!

...NCB stated:Remember, they had been out of work and on hard times.
...i respectfully disagree..........janet had to leave eurosport b/c of raven.........she found work immediatly, it was raven that caused them the 'hard times'...

...this article is dated july 2005..........(i don't see a problem if the trust fund is for kaiden at this point.....but is it ?).......raven is certainly young enough and capable enough of getting a job , yes his wife was murdered (over) 2 months ago........but as a single parent, he's got to 'do for himself' as well...

...i don't know if this has been the 1st mention of janet's murder in this pu blication............if so, ...they wrapped that up in an entire 2 sentences...

...this whloe trust fund in utah seems fishy...

...supposedly , began on an idea by the cousin....in arizona..
...administered by the step-father @ the IBEW ( international brotherhood of electrical workers...................yes, i had to look that up ) CU , jim bolten...in utah
...questions/comments to the grandmother...in chula vista.....

...if it's a trust for kaiden..........then say so...........'the kaiden abaroa trust fund'..................to be accessed when he's 21...or whatever...for college....etc...

...but, .......the janet abaroa fund?.c/o IBEW CU........administered by the step-father/raven's mother?..........to be used for gas for the VX?

...money has already come in from :
"wonderful and generous people, some giving more than I knew they really could afford."
... and THAT is the sad part.............others giving so generously.............to ( what i believe ) is an undeserving recipient..

NCBanker said:
I wanted to phone the credit union in order to find out who the administrator is, but it appears my wife is going into labor with our 3rd baby, so we're going to be heading over to the hospital in a few minutes. I'll probably be out of pocket for a few days, at least. Someone please take the liberty to contact the credit union to find out who the administrator is. You can pose as a potential donor, or even actually donate if so inclined.
...how exciting!

...and.........................???????

We had a beautiful baby girl! She weighed 7lbs. 1oz. and is 19" long. Mom and baby are doing well, though things are crazy at home with dad watching the other 2 little ones!

lauriej said:
...how exciting!

...and.........................???????

NCBanker said:
We had a beautiful baby girl! She weighed 7lbs. 1oz. and is 19" long. Mom and baby are doing well, though things are crazy at home with dad watching the other 2 little ones!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

NCBanker said:
Congratulations!![/

NCBanker said:

Congratulations!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Congratulation!
I have 3 as well and it is VERY time consuming and a blessing as well. I hope she gets all the rest she can in the hospital. MOM that is.:woohoo:

Thank you all. I didn't mean to take the focus off Janet.

What I'm about to post, I'll post on a few of the other threads as well. I've learned that Raven is now back on the east coast in either Maine or New Hampshire visiting family. I imagine he'll be heading this way again towards mid July as his court date approaches.

NCBanker said:
I wanted to phone the credit union in order to find out who the administrator is, but it appears my wife is going into labor with our 3rd baby, so we're going to be heading over to the hospital in a few minutes. I'll probably be out of pocket for a few days, at least. Someone please take the liberty to contact the credit union to find out who the administrator is. You can pose as a potential donor, or even actually donate if so inclined.
Congratulations, NC!!!

:laugh:
snapple said:
No kidding! But why would he have to get a job when he has news articles out there soliciting monies for the "Help Me Buy my Toys, Keep up my Image, Travel Coast to Coast, Keep Me out of Jail" Fund...AKA The (Utah) Janet Memorial Fund.
Can someone please change the name of this thread to the "Help Me Buy my Toys, Keep up my Image, Travel Coast to Coast, Keep Me out of Jail" Fund? I think we all know the answer whether it was for love or money!

I really didn't know what to entitle this thread. I tried to come up with something clever. Plus, I really don't think his family is doing this for Raven. I honestly and sincerely think their concern is for Kaiden; hence, the neutral title.

ewwwinteresting said:
:laugh:
Can someone please change the name of this thread to the "Help Me Buy my Toys, Keep up my Image, Travel Coast to Coast, Keep Me out of Jail" Fund? I think we all know the answer whether it was for love or money!

NCBanker said:
I really didn't know what to entitle this thread. I tried to come up with something clever. Plus, I really don't think his family is doing this for Raven. I honestly and sincerely think their concern is for Kaiden; hence, the neutral title.

Wouldn't it just be a huge kick in the butt if there was a substantial life insurance policy on Janet and his family was running around asking for money for Kaiden's future?

I wish there was a way to find out if there was a policy on Janet.

Well, it stands to reason that prior to having Kaiden, Raven and Janet would obtain a life insurance policy. Whole life, term, whatever. Most couples having a baby would do this. Remember this was a more stable time in their relationship. They had gotten back together and were preparing for a baby. So that said, how do you find out about policies? Are they all confidential? Or can you just see if there is a policy under that persons name?

Moxie said:
Well, it stands to reason that prior to having Kaiden, Raven and Janet would obtain a life insurance policy. Whole life, term, whatever. Most couples having a baby would do this. Remember this was a more stable time in their relationship. They had gotten back together and were preparing for a baby. So that said, how do you find out about policies? Are they all confidential? Or can you just see if there is a policy under that persons name?

I don't have any idea on that one, I'd think that info would be confidential. But, I would HOPE that LE has investigated this area thoroughly. It would really stink if there was a policy and Raven managed to hide it from everyone including the detectives working on this case.

If there is a policy, LE knows. An insurance company would not pay out on a policy no matter how large or small until they investigated the claim. They would have to know how she died before paying out. An investigation would lead them to LE and LE would know. If LE knows and they are keeping it quiet then that means it is considered part of the case. Perhaps as a MOTIVE.:behindbar

Moxie said:
If there is a policy, LE knows. An insurance company would not pay out on a policy no matter how large or small until they investigated the claim. They would have to know how she died before paying out. An investigation would lead them to LE and LE would know. If LE knows and they are keeping it quiet then that means it is considered part of the case. Perhaps as a MOTIVE.:behindbar

If there was a policy it certainly would be a very strong MOTIVE considering the financial shape the Abaroa's were in!

Do we have any insurance experts lurking around? I'd like to know how the process works. Could Raven have had a policy on Janet without her knowledge? Does a person have to apply for the benefits in order for an investigation to be triggered? Or, could the insurance company be informed by the agent who in turn would alert LE that a policy was in force?

Sure would be interesting to know one way or another if there was a policy. And, it would be very interesting if Raven denied to the police that there was one and they found out that there really was! Oops I forgot I insured my wife probably won't cut it under these circumstances.

http://www.rivkinradler.com/rivkinradler/Publications/newformat/200212tolle.shtml

A South Carolina case, Ramey v. Carolina Life Ins. Co.,[8]explains this rationale. In that case, a wife obtained a life insurance policy on the life of her husband without his consent, forged his signature on the policy application, and named herself the beneficiary of the policy. She then attempted to murder her husband by poisoning him. According to the South Carolina Supreme Court, the insurance company knew that the husband was unaware of the policy and that the wife had forged his signature. The husband filed suit against the insurance company for the injuries he sustained, alleging that the insurance company's negligent issuance of the policy on his life induced his wife to attempt to murder him for the proceeds.

The South Carolina Supreme Court recognized that a wife generally has an insurable interest on the life of her husband, but nevertheless concluded that, even with the existence of an insurable interest, insurance taken out on the life of another, without consent, was against public policy and void.[9]The court went on to hold that "an insurance company has a duty to use reasonable care not to issue a policy of life insurance in favor of a beneficiary who has obtained such policy without the knowledge or consent of the insured, and this would especially be true, where as here, the company knew or had reason to know that such was the situation."[10]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back