GUILTY Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, NS, 9 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber & Mason live together. As far as I know, she didn't take a purse. She took her bank card and cash. Amber's FB was updated with her missing poster to make sure that everyone is aware that she is missing.

Thanks Foxbrook. Has Amber's bank card been accessed since she went missing?

There has been no access with her bank card since she has been missing from what I've been told.

There has been no access with her bank card since she has been missing from what I've been told.

Hi Foxbrook,

Am getting the sense that you are either very close to the either the location or the family.

Have there been any searches today and if so, can you indicate where?

eleph

Just wanted to update that according to an article posted to the FB page: several things hav been found, including clothing. Items are being sent to forensics to see if they relate to the case.

I imagine if they didn't matchi the items in question there would be no reason to send them, but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to update that according to an article posted to the FB page: several things hav been found, including clothing. Items are being sent to forensics to see if they relate to the case.

I imagine if they didn't matchi the items in question there would be no reason to send them, but I could be wrong.

Just read that - agree that there would be no other reason to send them unless they belonged to Amber:cry:

Kirwan's boyfriend questioned in her disappearance
CBC News -- Last Updated: Oct 12, 2011 4:49 PM AT
Mason Campbell told CBC News Wednesday that he has talked to investigators twice, for a total of about four hours.
Campbell said he understands that he is considered a person of interest in Kirwan's disappearance, but he said he has been completely honest with police.

"I haven't slept since Saturday. I have been having trouble remembering, you know, what I've done from the time she went missing, the next day when I started searching," he said.

"I've had trouble picking out bits and pieces of what I was doing completely that day. But for the most part they have every bit of my information — everything I've done, any leads I've followed up on, any calls I've gotten. They know everything."

More crews from across the province joined the search effort in the New Glasgow area Wednesday. Teams also used kayaks to search the East River, which runs through the centre of town.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/12/ns-amber-kirwan-boyfriend-questioned.html

I don't know why but I really get the feeling the bf isn't involved, but who knows.

The other thing to consider is that there was probably an influx of people around that weekend, being Thanksgiving in Canada, its often the first weekend that a LOT of students return from college/university to party with their old friends, some schools do their highschool graduations that weekend. It's possible that someone she ran into that night who has already left town with the other students/holiday visitors that might have had a grudge against her, or being rejected,etc.

A Facebook profile called "New Glasgow Police Services" is giving information about the search but MacDonald said it is not an official police page and that the department will be investigating who is responsible for the page.
The site claims that Kirwan was spotted at the Needs* around 9 p.m. in New Glasgow with a man yesterday, but MacDonald said there has been nothing confirmed although police are investigating rumours. He said they are going to many businesses to see if they have any video of the woman.

A Needs employee refused to comment about the woman’s disappearance. An employee of Dooly’s who was working the night Kirwan went missing, said that the woman was not kicked out of the establishment as some rumours have said. She said she didn’t remember seeing Kirwan, but there was only one woman kicked out and it wasn’t her.
http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-10/article-2773021/Amber-Kirwan-still-missing---UPDATE-Tues.-Oct.-11,-8%3A48-a.m./1

Note: Needs is another 24/7 convenience store, located south of Dooly's.

If the sighting the next night is accurate it's also possible she ran into an ex or someone and took off with them but I would think her friends that night would have noticed if someone significant from her past was there, and she would have let someone know the minute she heard that she was "missing".

I don't know why but I really get the feeling the bf isn't involved, but who knows.

The other thing to consider is that there was probably an influx of people around that weekend, being Thanksgiving in Canada, its often the first weekend that a LOT of students return from college/university to party with their old friends, some schools do their highschool graduations that weekend. It's possible that someone she ran into that night who has already left town with the other students/holiday visitors that might have had a grudge against her, or being rejected,etc.
Me too ellabella. If he was seen at Big Al's waiting for her, then minutes later looking for her at Dooly's, and then back at Big Al's, then it would appear he had nothing to do with her disappearance. Perhaps while she was walking, some people that she knew stopped and offered her a ride to Big Al's?
I would like her friends to clarify those rumours about Amber being in bad shape when she left Dooly's. It worries me that the river is so close :(

Yes, I read that, but I also read she only had one drink.. Of course that could be a friend covering for her, or it could mean her drink was spiked. Scary to think about, but it happens all the time, sadly.

Someone else mentioned that the bf still had a 'new' license and wasn't supposed to be driving after midnight, they met there because he wanted to avoid doolys which is one way street and also would have had more police around checking drivers and licenses.

The article I posted earlier has been updated 30 minutes ago:

Last Updated: Oct 12, 2011 7:59 PM AT
— everything I've done, any leads I've followed up on, any calls I've gotten. They know everything."

Campbell and Kirwan had lived together for four months, and he said they had a normal relationship.

"A common relationship. She gets upset if I have something else I have to do rather than hang out with her. For the most part, I don't get upset vice versa about that. I encourage her to hang out with her friends and stuff," he said.

Campbell blames himself for not trying harder to locate her the night she went missing.

"I should've been there. I should've waited longer around there. I should've tried harder to skim up and down that road," he said.

Campbell said he didn't go directly to the club to pick her up because his car inspection is out of date.

"I can't drive after midnight, and I did have a couple drinks and I was tired. You know, I wasn't preparing myself for a situation like this," he said.

Campbell is starting to fear the worst.

"At this point, I just hope to God she's in a house and she's warm and she's safe, and she's not out here being exposed to the elements. That's all I can stress right now is that I hope I do not find her during search and rescue."

Campbell said he's grateful to all the people trying to locate Kirwan, but her disappearance doesn't make sense.

"We were meant for each other, we were meant to be together right now," he said. "This can't be happening, this is a nightmare right now."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/12/ns-amber-kirwan-boyfriend-questioned.html

Campbell blames himself for not trying harder to locate her the night she went missing.

"I should've been there. I should've waited longer around there. I should've tried harder to skim up and down that road," he said.

Campbell said he didn't go directly to the club to pick her up because his car inspection is out of date.

I'm trying really hard not to put the bf under the microscope because well stuff happens and people do get abducted by complete strangers even at random. It's just that this collection of words is puzzling me - how he can be wishing he would have waited around there longer - but yet he didn't go there directly to get her...

If it is as it seems, perhaps whatever happened to Amber - took place while he was delayed in getting there so what good is hanging around there afterward for any longer going to do?!?!?

I guess he's maybe just going through the motion of 'shoulda coulda woulda' and that is totally understandable...I suppose.

"At this point, I just hope to God she's in a house and she's warm and she's safe, and she's not out here being exposed to the elements. That's all I can stress right now is that I hope I do not find her during search and rescue."

IMO this is not looking good for Amber at all. No words asking for anybody who "has her against her will" to release her. No words saying "I love you, come home". None of these words indicate to me that he thinks Amber is alive.

These are all negative thoughts.

Hopefully I am wrong and Amber will come home safely. All my opinion only.

I'm trying really hard not to put the bf under the microscope because well stuff happens and people do get abducted by complete strangers even at random. It's just that this collection of words is puzzling me - how he can be wishing he would have waited around there longer - but yet he didn't go there directly to get her...

It's sounding like perhaps whatever happened to Amber - took place while he was delayed in getting there so what good is hanging around there afterward for any longer going to do?!?!?

Maybe he's just going through the motion of 'shoulda coulda woulda' and that is totally understandable...I suppose.
This explains why he didn't go directly to Doodly's to get her:
He said he didn't want to drive all the way into town because his car inspection and insurance is up and he also isn't supposed to drive after midnight.

He said this isn't the first time that he and Campbell have agreed to meet at a nearby location because of the same reasons.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-11/article-2774215/Boyfriend-questioned-in-Kirwans-disappearance/1

but what puzzles me is, why he didn't look harder for her, specially after he texted Amber's friend, and was told she headed to Big Al's.

“We were standing outside Doolys in a group and we were getting ready to leave and she said she was going to meet her boyfriend at Big Al’s,” Chickness said. “We told her we would walk up with her and get our cab from there but she said not to worry. She would be fine.”

Chickness said there was a large crowd standing outside the bar at the time and she never thought about her friend again until Campbell texted her and asked if she’d seen Kirwan.

“He said she never showed up at Big Al’s,” she explained.

Chickness said she figured that Kirwan went somewhere else but when Campbell contacted her again the next morning to say she never returned to their Pictou Landing home, she started to take the situation much more seriously.

Kirwan had been visiting with friends earlier in the evening before a group of them had moved onto Doolys, said Chickness and added Kirwan had forgotten to take her cell phone to the bar and only had one drink while was there.

“She was in a good mood. She was happy,” she said, adding this was only Kirwan’s second time at Doolys since she turned 19 in August.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/201...yfriend-questioned-in-Kirwans-disappearance/1

The "black" item the LE officer is holding looks like a black flat shoe to me :( (click here to view bigger image)

So where are her parents? The only one speaking to the media is the boyfriend. I wonder if either, they are so devastated that they can't speak, or, they are just waiting to see what 'others' say in public. I know which one I'm leaning toward.

Is Amber from New Glasgow, or is she just going to college there?

Amber Kirwan was last seen at Doolys in New Glasgow around 1:30 am Sunday morning. (Sunday, Oct 9/2011) - She was NOT seen at needs on Sunday night.

She was wearing black leggings, with a black & blue shirt, and a dark sweater. Black flats. - She also does not have her cell phone on her, she didn't have the phone with her at all that night.

We went to Doolys and checked the cameras, you can see her leave alone, directly headed towards Big Als. - We've checked big al's cameras - she didn't make it there. (where she was suppose to have been picked up)

IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION REGARDING AMBER'S DISAPPEARANCE - PLEASE CONTACT THE NEW GLASGOW POLICE DEPARTMENT.

And another question - Who exactly is 'WE'??????

IMO this is not looking good for Amber at all. No words asking for anybody who "has her against her will" to release her. No words saying "I love you, come home". None of these words indicate to me that he thinks Amber is alive.

These are all negative thoughts.

Hopefully I am wrong and Amber will come home safely. All my opinion only.

I agree with you elepher - it seem to me like he's already skipped ahead several steps.....and I agree with Mason also - that he should hope he does not find Amber during search and rescue.

As always just my thoughts and honest opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove