Live MSM coverage on Baby Lisa 19 October 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe DB meant the house is a "Bad Omen". Like it has bad Juju for her. I could understand that.

I'm thinking that too, except that the worst has happened. Usually one thinks of an omen as preceding a bad event.

Not that I've been able to relate to anything she says.

Just heard on HLN that a family member speaks out on Dr. Drew tonight.

Probably, but that's why her lawyer should muzzle her. She puts her foot in her mouth every interview.

I'm on the fence wrt her guilt, but I'm not on the fence about her needing to zip it when it comes to the media.

Oh, I agree. The other day I was yelling at the TV for her to 'SHUT. UP!' I'm kind of amazed at the the factor that her two lawyers seem unable/unwilling to muzzle her, but on the other hand, all this stuff is keeping a laser beam focus on the case which will hopefully lead to Lisa being found.

The U.S. Department of Justice has a brochure for families of missing children that advises family members NOT to go out and search:

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/fam_surv.pdf

I have no idea whether the family is aware of this document or not, but I don't think we can judge them for not being out searching when the DoJ specifically says not to. They also suggest that parents take a 'time out' away from the investigation if they need one. Granted, DB & JI are not doing all the things that the DoJ says they should be doing (or not doing) but as far as we know they are acting on the recommendation of LE not to be out there going through the woods themselves.

This is a very interesting document, and also has some good information about rewards and why you shouldn't just put one up immediately. Interesting reading for sure!

I'm sure the article is interesting, but what they mean, from my experience with searches, is the parents are not allowed to physically go out on a search - participate to the point they might come across their child's body. As far as a command post, putting up fliers, going to the police station and giving all the information they can, no matter how stressful, describing every detail they can remember about their child .... all of that is allowed. None of that has been done by these parents. They have done nothing BUT take time out.

No one wants the family to be the ones to find a dead loved one.

As I said, these parents are not doing all the recommended things (as far as we know) but I was responding to the often repeated statement on here that it looks bad for the parents that they are not out physically helping with the search.

People have the need to explain themselves. It's natural and that's why it's so hard to not comment. If she doesn't say anything, she looks guilty. The more she talks, the more people try to read clues or guilt into every statement. It's like The Lady, or The Tiger.

I have to agree....a person in this situation looks bad whether they clam up or talk to anyone who will listen.

BTW, the link I posted is not to an article, but to a 90+ handbook for families of missing children published by the DoJ and written by families who have been in this position themselves. It deals with what to do in the first 24 hours, the first 48 hours and thereafter, how to handle volunteers and why it isn't a good idea to accept the help of everyone who offers. It's an eye-opening resource, IMO.

Police say the last "unrestricted conversation" police had with Lisa Irwin's parents was Oct. 6. After that, Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin sought legal counsel from a local lawyer.

and

Police would also like to talk to Lisa's other older brothers who were home the night Lisa went missing.

Bradley told media outlets she was against re-interviewing the boys, but Tacopina insists everything is still on the table.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15721746/fbi-police-serve-search-warrant-on-baby-lisas-family-home

I have no theory or idea as to what happened to Lisa...not even a feeling, but I do wish if Mom was going to be speaking out at all, as she has been, she would be talking about the baby, what kinds of foods she likes, what her favorite toys are, any allergies, etc. things that a mother might want a kidnapper to know.

I know it is a whole new world, and all about one's self these days, but really, where is Lisa in all of this media generated by or on behalf of the family? I don't understand the reactions of the parents to be inclined to worry about a defense at this point, when LE has not named them even as POI's; of course LE is investigating them, but Lisa as a person has really gotten lost in the noise. JMO

Just heard on HLN that a family member speaks out on Dr. Drew tonight.

Channeling the Irwins? Mental telepathy? I posted earlier that I wondered why we haven't heard from the grandparents or family members (this thread, #193).

That said, I think DH wants to watch the World Series tonight ;)

JVM Show

CNN Correspondent: In 9th hour of search; still going on

Well, her lawyer needs to muzzle her, because she's saying her house is like the one where the family kills their child because he's evil.

I can just imagine her poor lawyer is in fits right now.

IMO

I can imagine the conversation, Family Guy style :crazy::

Rule number one - shut the he77 up.
Rule number two - shut the he77 up.
Rule number three - shut the he77 up!

JVM Show
Guest: did u see stakes to indicate ground penetrating radar?

CNN Correspondent: from vantage point can't see that; but see shovels, rakes-hours and hrs of working with [rakes & shovels]

I can imagine the conversation, Family Guy style :crazy::

Rule number one - shut the he77 up.
Rule number two - shut the he77 up.
Rule number three - shut the he77 up!

Depending on the client and how many times they've already been told to not talk - we've definitely said things in a very similar way at work. There are some people who have no common sense. It's like they want to actively sabotage their case by saying or doing the dumbest things in public.

As I said, these parents are not doing all the recommended things (as far as we know) but I was responding to the often repeated statement on here that it looks bad for the parents that they are not out physically helping with the search.

I definitely think they could be doing a lot more. I think that's fairly obvious to anyone. I think when someone says they should be helping in the search, they mean doing someting - you know, like hold her picture up occassionally, have her new representation talk about Lisa and not just excusing their inconsistencies. Their actions just make no sense - especially if they think there is a live Lisa somewhere.

I definitely think they could be doing a lot more. I think that's fairly obvious to anyone. I think when someone says they should be helping in the search, they mean doing someting - you know, like hold her picture up occassionally, have her new representation talk about Lisa and not just excusing their inconsistencies. Their actions just make no sense - especially if they think there is a live Lisa somewhere.

At the same time, their attorneys must be happy they aren't doing more, because it's less opportunity for DB to stick her foot in her mouth. I'm on the fence about the case, but lordy, she is not doing herself any favors with these media appearances.

I'm sure her attorneys are like -> :maddening:

At the same time, their attorneys must be happy they aren't doing more, because it's less opportunity for DB to stick her foot in her mouth. I'm on the fence about the case, but lordy, she is not doing herself any favors with these media appearances.

I'm sure her attorneys are like -> :maddening:

I am so there with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members