GUILTY Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, NS, 9 Oct 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hypothetically speaking, yes totally possible a car can go down on Provost, then turn left on George St. and left again on Archimedes. That would appear on the Dooly's video: a car coming up on George St. turning left on Archimedes, but that is not what we have been shown in the video.

Tried to show it in a map, but it is not letting me turn left on George....at the time Google was in that area, George Street was a 2-way street....my understanding is, it is now a one-way street from the bridge up to that intersection.
Any locals please confirm :)
This is the best I could do, just imagine a left turn on George Street : http://g.co/maps/f68tu

Actually, what this one map shows, is probably similar to the route the police cruiser we see in the video, going in circles from B to C, all JMHO.

As I understood it, there's no left turn on George Street anymore. The police cruiser went as far as Provost and looped back.

As far as MC driving without insurance, etc, that story seems to grow each time I read about it. Initially it was reported MC couldn't drive at night due to his vehicle inspection was out of date.

Someone must have seen her get in her BF's vehicle! Good grief. All those people standing around and nobody saw anything? She must have told her friend (Maggie?) where she was headed after returning her cell phone? I'd love to know what he told the friend or texted and how long after did he make the call? Did he ask where Amber was? She didn't show up? Or anything along those lines.

I'll be very shocked if this case isn't solved soon. Time for the cops to drill the boyfriend into telling them where she is.

I'm confident those are her shoes and they probably have other evidence.

My apologies, but I don't see the need to drive the wrong way on Archimedes, specially now that we know that the police cruise was circling that route.

Plenty of other options in my opinion. Just to through another option there, how about pulling out of Al's parking lot, going down on Provost just to where it intersects with Archimedes ( the 'Y' area ) .... there is a parking lot there to the right, where anyone can park and wait, much closer than Al's.

Or just do a U-turn and wait past where the Stop sign used to be.

It all comes down to what the three surveillance videos from Al's shows, JMHO.

Betcha you are right on with this one Hazel with the parking lot.

Someone must have seen her get in her BF's vehicle! Good grief. All those people standing around and nobody saw anything? She must have told her friend (Maggie?) where she was headed after returning her cell phone? I'd love to know what he told the friend or texted and how long after did he make the call? Did he ask where Amber was? She didn't show up? Or anything along those lines.

Apparently, no one saw her get into ANY vehicle. People have been snatched right off the street and no one noticed anything odd. The bigger the crowd, the less likely you're going to get an accurate account.

Thanks for the screen caps, Hazel.

Here are some more.

As a reminder of just how short the distance is from Dooly's to Big Al's, 200 metres or less than 2 minutes.

Pic 1: Heading North to Big Al's from Dooly's

attachment.php

Pic 2: Continuing North to Big Al's from Dooly's

attachment.php

Pic 3: Looking South On Alchimedes (*area where "black object" was found?)

attachment.php

Pic 4: Looking East into wooded area on Alchimedes (*area beside where black object was found?)

attachment.php

http://atlantic.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20111024/big_als_111024/20111024/?hub=AtlanticHome

Attachments

• north_doolys_to_Als.jpg
    north_doolys_to_Als.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 159
  • north_doolys_to_Als_2.jpg
    north_doolys_to_Als_2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 159
  • looking_south_als_to_doolys.jpg
    looking_south_als_to_doolys.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 159
  • woodedarea.jpg
    woodedarea.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 159
As I understood it, there's no left turn on George Street anymore. The police cruiser went as far as Provost and looped back.

As far as MC driving without insurance, etc, that story seems to grow each time I read about it. Initially it was reported MC couldn't drive at night due to his vehicle inspection was out of date.

Marikesh: Thanks for the info on George St. I hope you don't mind if I jump in. I have some write-ups to link about MC's license and insurance.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/201...yfriend-questioned-in-Kirwans-disappearance/1
Quote: He said he didn't want to drive all the way into town because his car inspection and insurance is up and he also isn't supposed to drive after midnight.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/12/ns-amber-kirwan-boyfriend-questioned.html
Quote: "I can't drive after midnight, and I did have a couple drinks and I was tired. You know, I wasn't preparing myself for a situation like this," he said.

So from this I think his car inspection and insurance were 'due'; but, as far as his driver's license--possibly that is valid at least until midnight. I believe this 'restriction' may be due to the length of time he has been a licensed driver. Perhaps it varies from province to province.

Marikesh: Thanks for the info on George St. I hope you don't mind if I jump in. I have some write-ups to link about MC's license and insurance.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/201...yfriend-questioned-in-Kirwans-disappearance/1
Quote: He said he didn't want to drive all the way into town because his car inspection and insurance is up and he also isn't supposed to drive after midnight.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/12/ns-amber-kirwan-boyfriend-questioned.html
Quote: "I can't drive after midnight, and I did have a couple drinks and I was tired. You know, I wasn't preparing myself for a situation like this," he said.

So from this I think his car inspection and insurance were 'due'; but, as far as his driver's license--possibly that is valid at least until midnight. I believe this 'restriction' may be due to the length of time he has been a licensed driver. Perhaps it varies from province to province.

Thank you Truth. There must be different laws in NS than to where I am in the west. MC was driving around apparently for some time during the day with all these things in arrears ... something doesn't seem right. Police would have known by then he was in arrears with insurance, etc. My son is on the graduated license and he could drive after midnight. However even one drink of alcohol with not even over the legal limit, the person with the graduated license is set back a year. If the DL is expired, that is major. I don't understand why these young fellows with decent jobs let these kinds of things slip.

marikesh, that was not what I said, if you read my post again, you'll see I was hypothetically pulling out of Al's parking lot by turning right and driving down on Provost towards the downtown core.

We had already established there is no left-turn from where the police cruiser is sitting.

(totally agree with Debbiec :innocent:)

Betcha you are right on with this one Hazel with the parking lot.
:) Actually I'm subscribed to the "right on Fraser, right on Alexander, right and down on George, and right on Archimedes" theory, as per post #264 -- MAP: http://g.co/maps/g85a9

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe MC said he left the parking lot and went back home, isn't that right? That means leaving the parking lot and turning left on Provost then drive all the way up IF heading directly home.

With not one but three video surveillance cameras, I'm sure LE knows exactly which way he went.

Can't stop thinking about the 1 minute and 40 seconds!

Thanks for the screen caps, Hazel.

Here are some more.

As a reminder of just how short the distance is from Dooly's to Big Al's, 200 metres or less than 2 minutes.

Pic 4: Looking East into wooded area on Alchimedes (*area beside where black object was found?)

http://atlantic.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20111024/big_als_111024/20111024/?hub=AtlanticHome
Nice pictures Wondergirl, Thanks!

Am having some difficulty identifying Pic 4 in Google maps....could you please post a Google Street View link to that image?

Would this be the area? looks so different. Perhaps they have cleared the trees now?

link: http://g.co/maps/ejfwa

Thank you Truth. There must be different laws in NS than to where I am in the west. MC was driving around apparently for some time during the day with all these things in arrears ... something doesn't seem right. Police would have known by then he was in arrears with insurance, etc. My son is on the graduated license and he could drive after midnight. However even one drink of alcohol with not even over the legal limit, the person with the graduated license is set back a year. If the DL is expired, that is major. I don't understand why these young fellows with decent jobs let these kinds of things slip.

Marikesh: I also heard that he has a decent job, so it surprised me as well that he would let his vehicle inspection and insurance expire. I live in a neighbouring province, but if there is nothing wrong with your vehicle--the cost of the safety inspection is very minimal. (At his age insurance can be very, very expensive.)

I've been curious about his license myself, so I did Google for some info. Here is a link that makes a little sense of it:
http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/paal/RMV/paal379.asp
Quote:
(4) Fourth restriction -- late-night driving: A Newly Licensed Driver is not allowed to drive between midnight and 5 a.m. unless they meet one of the two following conditions:
(a) they are accompanied by an "experienced driver" -- who has to be sitting in the front seat of the vehicle.
Note: not just every driver counts as an "experienced" driver! [For details, see the Learner's Licence, Additional Information (C-2).]
(b) or they have gotten a written exemption from the Department because of their job. A Form APP33 Application for Exemption from Nightime Driving Curfew must be properly completed, signed and submitted with the fee of $30.41 to request the exemption.

It does appear that his driver's license was valid. The first restriction is: "-- zero blood alcohol level." If his mother's statements to the media are true, he may have at least been trying to obey that one. Even that may be questionable, though.

Really, his actions are not 'common'. There are hefty and serious fines for driving without insurance and failing to have your vehicle inspected. All local police regularly check for vehicle inspection.

Just a thought..If Amber called her boyfriend then headed to Big Als she would have been there within 3 mins. It would have taken him around 10 minutes. She would have been long past Big Als if she continued walking. I don't know if she was at home though and I am not sure if she called him then right away started walking.

Possible homocide in Trenton. New Glasgow Police and RCMP calling in all available officers for Road Blocks and Canvas. K9 and Major Crime onscene

This is close in geographic location to where Amber went missing - not sure if it is related or not.

This is close in geographic location to where Amber went missing - not sure if it is related or not.

Wow - it's just 2 miles away... that is close.

One man is believed to be dead after a shooting on Mechanic Street according to neighbours.

He said that he heard from other neighbours that the victim was a man and that he died.

Trenton mayor Glen MacKinnon said he had heard that there was a shooting and that police were investigating but could not comment on anything.

Online reports were circulating that police were looking for a person wearing a dark hoodie who left the scene and was believed to be armed.

Various people expressed disbelief and concern about the safety of the community via Facebook as the word spread about the shooting, particularly on the heels of Amber Kirwan's disappearance more than two weeks ago.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-25/article-2786368/Neighbours-say-man-dead/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vika2155