WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys for posting those links to the SVU episodes! I so appreciate that!

Salem

He would categorize her level of cooperation, although disjointed, very high.

Tomorrow 10:30 presser.

Sufficient gas to run vehicle a considerable distance. That's all in terms of follow up. Reporters asking questions that I cannot hear.

Mom was reclusive. No searches at area landfills. No evidence that trash is of any evidentiary value. Not an avenue they are pursuing. Needs to consider whether there was another mechanical problem that caused the car to stop. Up to investigators when they will confront mom with the gas (reading between lines on that). FOUND BLANKET IN CAR. Enough scent of Sky in car that day to assist in search. Dogs did not track scent further though. Law & Order episode strikingly similar to aspects of this case aired before Sky went missing. :shocked2:

LE just has a lot of questions. SAR states Sky could have been transferred from one vehicle to another which would account for a lack of scent around the car. LE has been challenged to find evidence that supports mom's account. Believes foul play is afoot, story doesn't add up, mom's story is falling apart day to day and her lack of cooperation doesn't help.

Doesn't know if hiring an attorney is suspicious. LE is very frustrated and wants family to come forward. Continuing to work under the premise Sky is alive. Presumption those closest to Sky have the best information. Can confirm facebook page is strange since mom only has a one-sided view of her family. Will not say what was found in apartment. LE wants to believe Julia and to find Sky but they need Julia's cooperation to do so. Her assistance has only left them with more questions than answers.

Tenor of investigation has changed. Following up interviews and canvassing but they don't know where to search. They will pursue landfill if evidence comes to light pointing in that direction. Dad is being interviewed again to confirm his facts. Will not name others being poly'd. Julia left purse at apartment but had wallet with her. Civil proceedings are part of investigation but will not elaborate. LE will look into providing additional details of 911 call.

Nothing out of today's interviews have led one way or another. LE stating Julia is cooperative - answering all questions through her attorneys - driven them on the route, allowed them access to apartment but cooperation disjointed, segregated.

Back at 10:30 tomorrow.

now he is kissing J's you know what.. she is cooperating etc...

(trying to get her to talk to them again?)

next presser 1030 pst tomorrow

Why is that woman trying to cut the PC off? He was still answering questions. : (

I think she didnt take her phone because she didnt want to be pinged. It would lead authorities to an area. LE is going to have to be smarter than she is crazy...which is going to be difficult.

Questions from the morning:
Was a cadaver dog sent through Julia's apartment? No, we used a SAR dog looking for Sky's scent.
Is there a list of people that will be asked to take a polygraph? No, those people closest to Sky and Julie will be those invited to take the polygraph.
Have any of mom's neighbors seen mom with the 4 year old daughter? Short answer is no, the neighbor saw both of the children with mom 2 weeks ago. Not seen with just daughter.
What was Sky sick with? Mom said Sky was sick and he need med attention, no specifics from mom.
We have started looking at Julia's car, won't finish til tomorrow. There was a sufficient amount of gas to run it for a considerable distance.
I'm not going to talk about specific amounts of gas, need to protect this investigation.
Our canvassing of that apartment home neighborhood revealed they didn't see a lot of her or the kids.

We have not done any searches at area landfills.

If we had leads that trash was going to be of significant evidenciary value we would take that route, we don't have that evidence.
In the interest of covering every aspect of this investigation, we have made some inquiries about where trash goes from JB's apt and we have made an effort to protect that, but at this point not an avenue we are pursuing.

Julia did make a statement that she ran out of gas and that was the primary cause for why she stopped on the road that day. We need to consider if there was another mechanical problem with the car, they will test drive it tomorrow.

Looks like a misunderstanding about whether or not there was gas in the car...(between Julia and the police?)

She went to the gas station searching for a gas can, she never got that because the police became involved.
I'm told that there is enough scent belonging to Sky in the car that day to give them a really good foundation with which to conduct the search.
I'm not a SAR expert but I can tell you that dog or a handler can tell you whether or not they have scent to track. Indications were that they had a great understanding of what they were looking for and didn't find it.

Still getting phone calls.
Heard about Law and Order SVU episode that has great similarity to this case that aired Saturday before Sky went missing. Detectives upstairs commented that it is striking similar in nature.

In order to name a suspect we have to have hard evidence that foul play was involved and in what way it was involved. At this time we just have a lot of questions.
I can tell you the SAR personnel on scene told us that one possible explanation for the lack of scent leading away from the car is that someone came a long took him from the car and placed him in another car and took him away from the area.

It becomes less and less plausible that this happened, but haven't ruled it out.
We have been challenged to try to find evidence, in fact, to support Julia's story.
We believe something suspicious is afoot here and at this point a lot more questions than answers.
The story doesn't add up, the whereabouts of Sky are unknown, the mother's story is falling apart everyday. Her lack of cooperation doesn't help (not submitting to polygraph, providing proactive information)
Heard mention of new atty, doesn't know who it is, doesn't know if it's suspicious. It's a personal choice and that's up to her.
We're very frustrated. We'd love for someone in this family to come forward and help us out. Operating under the premise he's alive and hoping for the best.

It's an assumption that we've made that those closest to Sky would have the best information.

I can confirm that we saw the same thing you did on the Facebook page, it's unusual that the mother of two children would only have a one-sided view of her family on Facebook. That seems odd to us, I don't know her well enough. I cannot talk about what we found in the apartment.

The information she's given us as been problematic and has created more questions than answers.
The tenor of the investigation has shifted a bit, we're out of options as to where to search for the child. We have to follow up with interviews and canvassing and hope we get a break that way. Not much left to search in terms of wooded areas, etc

If we found viable evidence at a landfill we'd take action, but we aren't doing that now.

One of the folks that we were going to polygraph was crossed off list, verified information.
Father interviewed, polygraph later today. Additionally one or two other but want to keep those names to myself at this point.

(I can't hardly hear the questions so these are only the answers throughout)

She left her purse in the apt which is true, she had her wallet with her. I apologize for misleading you this morning. The cellphone was in the apartment and we got that.

All civil proceedings are part of the investigation and things we are considering.
No I can't provide information about the 911 call, but I can go and transcribe it later.

I don't want you to think for a minute that Julia has not been cooperative. She has answered each and every question we have posed to her through her attorneys. She has driven us on the route, given us access to apt, vehicle. I would categorize her level of cooperation, albeit disjointed, segregated, high.

Next press conference tomorrow at 10:30.

One Tree Hill, What?

I swear, it just gets more and more coincidental. I think she may think she can pull it off. Wonder if <snip> can get permission to practice in WA.
Well here we go, the first copy cat case almost to a tee. IMO. Im gonna have to watch myself but I sure hope somebody like 12 somebodys are watching this.

Evil is taking over.:maddening:

Of course Sky's scent is going to be in the car, question is how old is it?

FWIW, I haven't seen this mentioned, but I think mom killed Sky and was planning on this being a murder/suicide but after killing Sky couldn't go through with murdering her daughter and then killing herself.

(snip)

Cubby -- I had that exact same thought. That she killed him first and had plans for the daughter next - but just couldn't do it.

I really fear for her own personal safety right now - I'm afraid she may attempt suicide and if she succeeds then little Sky may never be found... :(

Bellevue Police had a tv conference, today.

It was stated that car left along the road side did have gas in it. They are checking to see if there are any other mechanical problems. The mother did not have receipts for any gasoline purchases that day.

It was stated that the child's mother's story has changed, causing more questions than answers.

now he is kissing J's you know what.. she is cooperating etc...

(trying to get her to talk to them again?)

next presser 1030 pst tomorrow

Right, but I think some of that is deserved. He apologized for being misleading this morning - that purse thing was a pretty big issue - and I'm glad he made right on that.

I can't figure out how to think about the gas situation. She's not stupid. If she were going to fake running out of gas, she'd surely drive until she DID run out of gas. It seems possible that an electrical problem occurred in the car, causing it to shut off, and she assumed she'd run out of gas because the needle was very near empty.

Otherwise, if you're going to fake running out of gas, and in fact your car was still running fine, WHY would you park on that very very dangerous piece of road? Why not drive closer to your destination where it's safer to get out and walk? Truthfully, she was in really grave danger of being hit where she parked that car.

What a puzzle.

I really, really do like this guy though. I trust that what he is saying he believes to be the truth.

Well here we go, the first copy cat case almost to a tee. IMO. Im gonna have to watch myself but I sure hope somebody like 12 somebodys are watching this.

Evil is taking over.:maddening:

I have been trying to keep a running list of all of the similarities, but it is just getting ridiculous now.

(And please snip my name calling. I wasn't being nice. :) )

First 3 minutes of the Law and Order Episode ... someone stole my car, my baby was in the back seat.

Holy poop!

Of course Sky's scent is going to be in the car, question is how old is it?

FWIW, I haven't seen this mentioned, but I think mom killed Sky and was planning on this being a murder/suicide but after killing Sky couldn't go through with murdering her daughter and then killing herself.

For the following reasons. Mom's story doesn't add up, she's been proven a liar with regards to the allegations against dad. Not taking a poly, car was NO WHERE NEAR OUT OF GAS. 2.2 gallons left, per LE.

Even her attornies statement makes no sense. The attorney says Biryukova is very distraught and advised that there is no upside to taking a polygraph http://www.king5.com/news/Missing-boys-mom-declines-request-for-polygraph-133499358.htmlGMAB, since when is there no upside to clearing oneself as a suspect? :banghead:

Also, this woman was hospitalized THREE TIMES. People are not hospitalized for OCD. My guess is this woman was hospitalized because she was suicidal and was a danger to herself or others. I'm awaiting that to be come out.... no, it has not yet been confirmed and my suspicions on the reasons for her hospitalization is purely speculation.

IMO this woman is a clear danger to herself and her children and poor little Sky paid the ulitimate price due to this womans hatred of her STBX.

JMO

Some people are hospitalized for OCD. There are some forms so severe they can't leave the house or eat or get out of a chair until God tells them it's okay, etc. But, yeah. I agree with this post. I believe he is dead.

It sounds like she switched attorneys. Did anyone hear that?

In an earlier article it stated she hired a criminal defense attorney. I think the other was her old, family law attorney.

If this woman was hospitalized 3 times, why on earth did she have custody of 2 small,defensless kids ??? moo

Because she made detailed domestic violence and child abuse allegations against a man of southeast Asian origin in a country where people have a not always unfounded prejudice against men from predominately Muslim nations. I think the custody evaluators, CPS and the court were influenced by this prejudice, in this case. So despite a court investigator stating Julia has "severe" OCD, she was found to be able to care for her kids. Whoops!
Court personnel are reluctant to find both parents incapable of caring for the kids in a family law case, and to report or refer the case to juvenile dependency court. Looks like they thus chose the lesser of two evils. I think they obviously chose wrong.

I'm thinking she "dropped" him before the phony gas escapade, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member