Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This investigation has always focused on two locations:
Julia's apartment home and the location in Bellevue where Julia last reported being with Sky.

We are extending the search area today using Bellevue, Redmond PD, FBI and various rescue teams.

We are tracking the cost, it's not a priority but at a later point it may become a priority to tell you the dollar and cents issues.

Q: Is there something specific that led you there, is there a connection to the park with the family?
A: No, the search in Redmond today is expanding from the apartment, covering our bases.

We'll also be expanding the search area on 112th NE. It's been searched thoroughly last weekend, but we're going to expand a little bit, retrace steps, double check everything.

There was not anymore testing on the vehicle.

We still have not heard from Julia. We don't know specifically where she is at the moment but we are in contact with her atty. Don't have any indications she is going to leave the area.

Q: It's day 7, has my gut instinct changed? I want to stay away from my gut instinct and concentrate on the facts. I hope we can locate Sky and find him quickly.

We all know that time is of the utmost importance in these cases. Every hour that passes, this case becomes more and more disappointing for us.

What about the family members passing out fliers, is there value? Any help we can get from anyone, family members or otherwise, is welcome. Sky's father, Solomon, has been cooperative throughout the investigation and we recognize his efforts to locate his son.

We've considered the possibility another family member has Sky? If there are those that know that, we don't know that, we'd implore them to cooperate with us so we can put an end to this. It's one of the theories on our board.

Are we still focusing on the two week period? Yes, we are focusing on everything to paint a picture leading up to the time when Sky disappeared. Do we have any answers? Yes, we do, we're getting some answers and it's encouraging.

Is secreting a child a crime? It could be, the custody issues are complicated.

Are you confident in M's statement about what she saw in the car? At this point we don't have any evidence other than what she has told us.

End of press conference.

Reporter says there was a 20 minute window when nobody saw the car before the person saw the car without Sky in it.

I had to go to the Marine Corps Ball last night so I am just now catching up on everything. I just saw they are searching a park nearby. I have a feeling we will get answers soon. My gut says they wont be answers we hope for.

Thanks for the link about the news conference at 10:30. I just watched it a little ago, but one of my relatives called at the same time so I don't have a verbatim of what he said. It sounded mostly about the current searches at the park. They also don't believe that she would flee the area, per a question that was asked about that. Also, someone asked if they find the young daughter's story credible, he responded that they don't have anything at this time to refute the daughter's claim that Sky was in the car with her. So, that's that.

I did want to go back for just a second to that transcript, the one about their visitation where the daughter was screaming about leaving the mom's side. In one part of the conversation, Julia says something like "She was really harmed by you taking her away from me for 7 months, you know". Does anyone know what she was talking about? When did the father take the daughter away from Julia for 7 months?

Thank you Surfie and Ingra your transcribing is very appreciated.

I cannot imagine how frustrating this must be for LE, knowing the person who made the claim that Sky is missing most likely holds all the answers to his whereabouts.

This case has me totally confuzzled. Probably because the threads move so fast and I can't keep up, since I can't stay on the computer all the time. I am not even past the mom leaving the baby alone and taking the older child to the gas station, when the car was not out of gas. That leaves me shaking my head.
But also, I am not getting the warm and fuzzy feelings about the dad that most of you do.... sorry. There is something very wrong when a child has hysterics and screams that she wants to stay with her mommy and refuses to go with her daddy. Also, did anyone else catch the part where Julia is telling him that the little girl told her that 'Armand' hits her? Who is Armand? Grandfather? Friend? Uncle? And why would he be hitting the little girl? Kids that age (she was 3-1/2) don't make that kind of story up, it's not in them to lie out their teeth like that, 3 & 4 yr olds are painfully honest most of the time.
Something just isn't right here, and I am not convinced that Daddy is the saint that some are making him out to be. I'm not excusing the mommy's behavior, it was wrong for her to leave the child alone in the car, and she's definitely got some screws loose, but the daddy could be a whole lot of her problems... you just never know. If he demanded a clean house and was always on her about it not being clean enough, maybe that compulsion to clean all the time was something she thought she had to do to get along with him. Just saying.

In addition to the things that others have mentioned to consider, I think that it is very telling that after going through all of this and dealing with the last year to keep the kids away from their father, when this all went down she didn't bother to show up in court (I believe the excuse was that she wanted to avoid the media, but not totally sure now) to try to get back custody of her daughter, herself. And her side SUPPORTED dad getting the daughter so that she wouldn't be with strangers.

As I have mentioned before, my daughter's father is a stone cold sociopath. I have no problems with him seeing her for supervised visits and encourage him to spend time with her, which he does not do of his own accord. But if something were to happen to me, considering my strong belief that something could happen to her so that he could stop paying child support, I would still fight tooth and nail that she be with strangers, if my abuse allegations were true or something I really believed. Being in the situation that I am in gives me an opportunity to look at this through her eyes and the fact that she was okay with M going with Dad after everything they have been through (supposedly) I lost all faith in mom's abuse stories as soon as I heard that. I am not saying he is a saint, but apparently, he is safe enough to send her other child with...all of this considering that she also feels that leaving these kids alone is a safe thing to do as well. I think in the end we are going to find out that mom is just nuts.

Thanks for the link about the news conference at 10:30. I just watched it a little ago, but one of my relatives called at the same time so I don't have a verbatim of what he said. It sounded mostly about the current searches at the park. They also don't believe that she would flee the area, per a question that was asked about that. Also, someone asked if they find the young daughter's story credible, he responded that they don't have anything at this time to refute the daughter's claim that Sky was in the car with her. So, that's that.

I did want to go back for just a second to that transcript, the one about their visitation where the daughter was screaming about leaving the mom's side. In one part of the conversation, Julia says something like "She was really harmed by you taking her away from me for 7 months, you know". Does anyone know what she was talking about? When did the father take the daughter away from Julia for 7 months?

I believe this is referring to when JB was hospitalized.

I am having a really hard time working out all the custody timelines in my head. The initial abuse happened in December of 09, the divorce proceedings began in March of 10 (?) He supposedly had the kids for seven months in there in which time she was hospitalized three times... but then he didn't see them since December of last year. How did she suddenly become well enough to keep them for almost a full year and keep him from them at the same time? I know when I was duking it out with my former husband (and in different states!) We still maintained shared custody. What am I missing?

I am having a really hard time working out all the custody timelines in my head. The initial abuse happened in December of 09, the divorce proceedings began in March of 10 (?) He supposedly had the kids for seven months in there in which time she was hospitalized three times... but then he didn't see them since December of last year. How did she suddenly become well enough to keep them for almost a full year and keep him from them at the same time? I know when I was duking it out with my former husband (and in different states!) We still maintained shared custody. What am I missing?

This is what I was wondering about myself. I can't figure out how she was able to get the visitation (which was obviously court ordered for him to threaten calling the police and there to be a facilitator and an order was mentioned) stopped for all of that time. Now, I can tell you first hand that if they were in VA, and something were to happen that had them in court again before visits could resume that continuances and appeals can take you pretty far out in a timeline. But I just don't understand how she was about to keep him away for 11 months! They will only allow you so many continuances before they want finality. Just makes no sense.

I am also curious to know, did she bring a laptop with her to "take Sky to the hospital" or did she have access to her computer or someone else's computer after this little trip? The reason I ask is because we were on her and had her facebook pretty early on and she seemed to let them have the car and the apartment very early, but we know that things were deleted from facebook. When were these things deleted and when did she post the pic of her and Sky as her profile pic. Did she delete these things after mediation, before mediation? How far back did they have to roll her facebook to get the old posts back? If they were deleted before Sunday morning, I would consider this a HUGE red flag.

ETA: By Sunday morning, I mean before or after he went "missing."

http://www.kingcounty.gov/safety/sheriff/Enforcement/Specialized/MarinePatrol.aspx

The King County Marine Unit also is responsible for missing swimmer rescues, for drowning victim recovery as well as documenting and recovering evidence underwater.

The unit consists of highly trained SCUBA divers. Members of the unit are PADI dive master certified. They receive specialized training in evidence searches, drowning recoveries, and vehicle recoveries in lakes, rivers and streams throughout the county. To facilitate these functions, the unit uses underwater cameras, metal detectors, a small inflatable boat, and hands on experience in waters with little to zero visibility.

from the map-I am guessing,she could have walked from her apt to the park..right?
was it ever proven she left the children home the day of the med for 11 hrs?

It's a 45 minute walk each way, and up to 20 minutes longer easily depending on where she went, including all the way to the water's edge on Lake Sammamish.

News stations reported that court documents confirmed she left the kids alone for the mediation. Those would have to have been from the custody hearing, and the info provided probably came from CPS via LE.

“I can’t really say anything other than the fact that it does involve the search for Sky,” Redmond Police spokesman Jim Bove said at the park.

Searchers were fanned out in the large park, which remained open except for one parking lot with a staging area, which was cordoned off.

Horse teams were working along the Sammamish River Trail, which runs along the park, Bove said.
http://woodinville.patch.com/articles/search-for-toddler-expands-to-marymoor-park-f231e126

this doesn't seem to be a "let's just take a look" grid search to me.... jmhoo

http://woodinville.patch.com/articles/search-for-toddler-expands-to-marymoor-park-f231e126

this doesn't seem to be a "let's just take a look" grid search to me.... jmhoo

I have to think that if they truly believe that he may be in the park, after all of these days, they would close the park unless they believed that he was in the water. I could be way off here, but I know that if I thought that a missing child were in a park(who has been missing for 6 days and one I've already mentioned hope in finding alive was fading) I would close the park if I thought that they were going to find him in an area where people could be. Not only so that finding him wouldn't psychologically damage another child or a person that stumbled upon him on accident, but so that the crime scene would be preserved once found. Obviously with all of the dive related people, I would lean even further that way. Don't mothers usually dispose of children in the water close to home?

I wonder if she passed by Marymoore park on her trip that day and that is why they are starting there first. She did take them on the route that day he went missing, we just don't know they route she took...MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel