Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.milkeninstitute.org/

While perusing through the Milken Institute site (ha ha), I found this article. I guess we should be glad Janet wasn't murdered in Dallas.....their last on the list!

"The rankings were based on employment, output, workforce, and investment."

I don't see speed on the list???

(I realize this post is terribly long, and I apologize in advance… but walking through this thought process seemed to warrant, to me anyway, a good deal of detail… so bear with it if you can, as I would appreciate all sorts of thoughts, opinions, and feedback from you all!)

I’ve been going back and re-reading, re-visiting old posts, documents, media reports, etc. (I actually find it really helpful – things were written, posted, etc., weeks ago, that over time, we’ve been able to clarify, modify, etc.). While doing so, of course, I ended up back at my old pal – the search warrant.

I often think of Rooster’s account of that evening – that Raven got home, tired to "save" Janet, ran to the Durango to get a cell phone, depositing blood on the side door, and on the Durango door, etc., eventually calling 911. While this information, via Rooster, is certainly not confirmable, I’ve always thought that that information came from somewhere, perhaps Raven himself. Totally fabricating that story, for the purposes of posting on WS is certainly possible, but I’ve always believed that someone actually told this to Rooster, or at least some parts of that story. Is this what Raven actually told LE happened, as far as the sequence of events? Who knows.

Keeping that in mind, I went back over the search warrant, AGAIN. Oddly enough, I noticed some new things -

(for reference, please see the pictures of the warrant pages as posted by GM on the Time Line and Case Info thread – I’ll refer to them here by those page #s.)

If you look carefully on the search warrant form (the actual pgs where property seized is listed), there is a blank called "Recovered/Found Location." On several pages of the warrant, the blank is filled in, obviously, as "2606 Ferrand Drive." However, on several of the pages, the information is different.

The page (page 14) where the items listed, item # 4-10, were the clothes Raven was wearing, the recovery location is listed as "W. Chapel Hill Street – Police HQ." Also, on the two pages (page9, page 8) where items are listed (item #44-50, 51-54) as samples, etc., from the Durango, the recovery location is listed as "213 Broadway, Forensic Office."

To me this says, perhaps, that when Raven was asked to turn over his clothing, he was at DPD. The recovery officer is listed as A. Ashby, date of 4/27/05. So perhaps sometime that early morning, Raven was asked to come to the police dept for questioning, at which time he was asked for his clothing. This also says to me that LE did talk to Raven sometime that night/next morning, at DPD…and then brought him back again for additional questions on Thursday morning.

Further, as far as the Durango. If you’ll recall, the police asked for a 2nd search warrant on that Thursday, April 28, after apparently talking to Raven that morning, and making a determination that the vehicle needed to be searched again, possibly to ascertain it’s relationship, if any, to the crime/crime scene.

If you notice on the warrant (page 12), item #s 40-42, reference the following –

40 Knife with case
41 Pawn ticket
42 Swabbings from vehicle (consists of 1 from left front door & 1 from the window)
Later on, items 44-50, 51-54, reference additional samples, etc., as well as the Gatorade bottle, being taken from the Durango. BUT, if you look closely at those two pages, the recovery location is 213 Broadway, with a date of 4/29/05.

This leads me to believe, that when LE first looked at the Durango on the night/morning of the murder, all they sampled were items 40-42. Then after talking to Raven, obtaining a "supplemental" (note that designation at the very top of those two pages 8, 9) to the original search warrant, they came back and took the Durango to the forensics office, at 213 Broadway, for additional "scientific testing" of some sort. What does this say? Something that Raven told them when he was questioned that Thursday morning made them decide to look at the Durango again – not just look, but to actually take the vehicle in for testing. (As was reported in the media at the time.)

Now, the warrant. Notice that when LE took the vehicle into the forensics office, the testing was much more thorough. The night of the murder the ONLY testing on the vehicle itself involved swabbings from the exterior of the left front door and window. And, they took the knife and pawn ticket from the vehicle. Yet, based on SOMETHING Raven said to them obviously, when looking at the Durango a 2nd time, there were samples taken from the INTERIOR of the vehicle for the first time (inside the door, interior door handle, driver floorboard, driver seat), as well as soil samples, and, interestingly enough that Gatorade bottle.

So, Raven told them SOMETHING that made them think, hmmm, we need to get samples, check for trace, etc., from INSIDE the Durango. (They obviously looked inside the Durango the first time, as they took the knife and pawn ticket.) AND, something he said made them also think they needed that Gatorade bottle, which they did NOT take during the first search.

So, let’s think about Rooster’s statement about that night.

Rooster explained the blood on the interiors of the side doors by saying that Raven had been up with Janet, must have gotten her blood on him while trying to "save" her, went to call 911, realizes the phone is in the Durango, runs out the side door – depositing blood on the interior of the door frame, and the interior of the storm door. OK. Then Rooster says that Raven got to the Durango, realized it was locked. Presumably at this point touching the exterior of the Durango door, and, possibly the window (both things as evidenced by the exterior swabbings taken during the initial search of the Durango). Now then, according to Rooster’s story, the blood on the house interior doors is accounted for, and, if in fact the swabbings from the exterior Durango doors is blood, then that is now accounted for as well. Janet’s blood, on Raven, innocently deposited in both of those locations as Raven frantically is trying to get to a phone to call 911.

We did talk at length weeks ago, that if this is true, why is there no blood on the EXTERIORS of the side door, from when Raven would have re-entered the house to finally find the cellphone to call 911. In re-thinking this, I suppose one could argue that when he ran out of the house, both doors were left open, the side door as well as the side storm door, thus when running back in, he did not have to touch the exteriors of the doors or the exterior door handles/knobs.

Ok, so let’s suppose this story, or some close variation is what Raven actually did tell LE that night, or, even when being questioned on Thursday morning, April 28th. So he’s now been able to "explain" how blood is on the interiors of the side doors, as well as any possible blood on the exterior of the Durango driver’s door. BUT, something he said that morning made LE say they wanted another look at the Durango. AND, when they did look again, the focus was on soil samples from the undercarriage, AND, the INTERIOR. And, the gatorade bottle. Yet, if the series of events is true, as described by Rooster, Raven never even entered the Durango. He got to the door, realized it was locked, then ran back in the house, finding the cellphone inside after all.

So why then upon re-inspecting the Durango, did LE take all sorts of samples, controls, and trace from the INTERIOR, having NOT done that the night of the murder? Seems to me they were attempting to verify Raven’s story somehow - soil samples to possibly verify his whereabouts that evening (soccer field, wherever) I suppose. But what about all those samples, etc.? Were they making sure there was no evidentiary material IN the Durango, thus seeing if Raven’s story checked out? Remember, if what Rooster says is true, Raven never went back inside the Durango, so, the only pertinent evidence inside would have to do with something PRIOR to Raven coming home from soccer. Samples and controls were taken from the driver’s seat, driver’s door handle and interior driver door at lock, as well as trace from driver’s floorboard and driver’s seat. What sort of samples/control could LE possibly be wanting from that inside of that car, that would relate to the soccer game alibi? I suppose there are things. And why all of the sudden did LE think the Gatorade bottle was something of interest to them?

My thought is – something about the series of events, as described by Raven, either didn’t make sense to LE, or, they wanted to check it out and see if he was telling the truth. For example:

-Did Raven say something on Thursday morning about the Gatorade bottle? How it got in the vehicle, when it got in the vehicle, was it his, was it Janet’s, what????

-Or, if Raven said he never opened the door of the Durango when he ran out to look for the cellphone, at the point when he deposited Janet’s blood on the EXTERIOR of the door, then in theory, there should be NONE of Janet’s blood in the INTERIOR of the vehicle. Thus, could LE have been checking the INTERIOR to see if there WAS any blood, or not?

-Or, was LE checking for trace inside the Durango, that would have come from inside the house AFTER the murder, or, in some way relating to the murder?

It’s interesting that on the night of the murder, nothing was apparently said that made LE want to investigate the Durango anymore then they did at the time. Maybe they should have, I don’t know protocol for that sort of thing. They certainly did SOME testing, but obviously not ALL.

Raven told them something. Something that made them go back for the Durango.

I keep coming back to blood. Blood on the interior doors. Blood, possibly, on the exterior driver’s door of the Durango. All possibly explained away by Raven.

On the flip side of all this –

Let’s assume Raven did kill Janet.

So is all of this blood everywhere, at least on the interior doors and possibly on the exterior door of the Durango, just some huge set-up? Literally placed there, intentionally, to come up with this story? Several scenarios come to mind –

1) Raven murders Janet, intentionally places blood in the various places, as he comes up with his alibi on the run, literally. Then goes to play soccer. Comes home, uses this dramatic story to explain what has happened, etc. This one doesn’t work for me, at least for one reason – if he got blood on the driver’s door of the Durango, how could he be sure no one at the soccer game wouldn’t notice it, etc.? Possible I suppose, but risky too. Also, in this scenario, Raven could easily have deposited blood, trace, something inside the Durango. Plus, there’s also the issue of the blood itself. I’m no crime scene person by any means, but in this age of CSI, you often hear about the age of blood, blood coagulation, etc. So if the blood was deposited PRIOR to playing soccer, it would seem easily tested in that regard.

2) Raven murders Janet. Leaves Kaiden in his crib, goes to play soccer. Either he’s thought all of this out in advance, or, perhaps while playing soccer he comes up with this story. So he returns home, and literally does all of those things – comes in the house, kisses Kaiden, "finds" Janet, perhaps tries to "save" her, now having her blood on him, runs downstairs looking for the cellphone, and then either intentionally places the blood on the door and Durango, as part of his story, or perhaps even unintentionally, as can then be explained by his version of events, etc. Either way, the presence of the blood is now easily explained to LE when they arrive, or later.

3) Or, lastly, Raven goes to play soccer, comes home later, murders Janet, THEN acts out the whole scenario as described.

Me, I’ve always believed that if Raven is the perp, he murdered Janet, THEN played soccer to create an alibi, etc. And if that’s the case, my bet is on theory #2, as creepy and vile as it may seem. But, that’s JMO.

The more I think about all of this, the more I’m convinced that everything is somehow linked to that 2nd search of the Durango somehow. Could it be as simple as catching Raven in a lie? Is it something to do with scientific evidence recovered from the Durango? Who knows. But nothing else makes sense to me anymore. We’ve talked forever about lab results, etc. But what lab results would actually be pertinent? Many would be easily explainable I would think. Some not. A lot hinges on one thing – whether or not Raven went inside that Durango after finding Janet’s body. And what HE told LE in that regard. All we "know" is what Rooster told us. True or not, who knows. And I know full well that I’m basing a LOT of my thinking here on that whole story from Rooster. But I just have a feeling, that somewhere in Rooster’s story, whether part or all, is something that was told to Rooster, or, heard by Rooster, as far as Raven’s version of the sequence of events for that evening. That story just included too much detail and explanation to have just been fabricated for the purposes of a WS post. But, then again, I’ve been naïve before too, so who knows.

Note 1: One other point regarding possible evidence INSIDE the Durango. Rooster did say (Evidence thread, post # 368) that the Durango was locked, and Raven went "back inside to get Janets phone or keys to the Durango." Now, if Raven got keys to the Durango, then went back out to the Durango AGAIN, he obviously could have deposited blood or trace, or any number of things INSIDE the Durango at that point. That said, if he did do this, then did he tell LE that story, that night, or later? (Personally, I just don’t see that IF he ran to the Durango, found it locked, that he would go back inside, find keys, then go back outside again. If anything, I would guess that in that scenario, he could have come back inside and realized that his phone WAS in the house, or, that Janet’s phone was inside. Plus, surely he if had blood on him at this point, somewhere along two separate trips to the Durango, we could have deposited blood somewhere else? Just my thoughts of course…

Note 2: HQ for DPD is on W. Chapel Hill Street. The offices for the crime scene unit/forensics office, is off site, at 213 Broadway Street.

SES,

You are awesome - this is a lot to evaluate and think over.

Moxie

SES,

I vote for number 2... That would also give him time to dispose of any evidence, including possibly the murder weapon, and did we ever determine what happened to the laptop?

Moxie

Moxie said:
SES,

I vote for number 2... That would also give him time to dispose of any evidence, including possibly the murder weapon, and did we ever determine what happened to the laptop?

Moxie

If we're guessing, my guess is LE has the computers. Raven just doesn't want everyone to know that and has told them that the laptop was *stolen*.

Did SES break his own record for the longest post?? :)

Ok, we are going to have to pick this apart and discuss it piece by piece. Thanks for noticing the different places of searches SES, that I didn't pick up. I am thinking LE talked to Raven all night into the next morning. (I'm having this wonderful thought of Raven walking out of the PD in a jumpsuit since they took all of his clothes) :)
Raven refuses a lie detector test and refuses to give his DNA....maybe that is why they needed the gatorade bottle?

:laugh:
ewwwinteresting said:
Did SES break his own record for the longest post?? :)

Raven refuses a lie detector test and refuses to give his DNA....maybe that is why they needed the gatorade bottle?

Well aren't you the super-smart-sleuther!

ewwwinteresting said:
Wow....thank you GM....I just don't know what to say. She likes me....she really likes me! :)

:blowkiss:

LOL EI, you are a mess, I would formally give you a super-sleuth crown, but SES might get mad after all his work on his new War & Peace post. He might be thinking he deserved the crown.

golfmom said:
If we're guessing, my guess is LE has the computers. Raven just doesn't want everyone to know that and has told them that the laptop was *stolen*.
I don't think that LE has the laptop. If they did they would have arrested Raven by now. That man kept everything on his computer. Good, bad and ugly. I think that the laptop really went "missing" that night as Rooster said. Of course one bird knows where it is.:furious:

Moxie said:
I don't think that LE has the laptop. If they did they would have arrested Raven by now. That man kept everything on his computer. Good, bad and ugly. I think that the laptop really went "missing" that night as Rooster said. Of course one bird knows where it is.:furious:

Remember though how short-handed that department is, they're like a year behind and crimes involving children are taking the priority.

I'm having a hard time thinking Raven murdered Janet and then left Kaiden alone in his crib. I'm thinking Raven never left or killed her after the game (if there even was one). Raven would need time to clean up, come up with a story and then practice it. He just doesn't seem smart enough to "wing it." Plus the way he dotes on Kaiden, I don't think he would leave him alone. I guess he could have brought Kaiden with him, left him in the car sleeping with the windows down and parked where he could see/hear him, played soccer, and then put Kaiden back to bed, kissed him goodnight and then pretended to find Janet and call 911...I could buy into that scenario.

golfmom said:
Remember though how short-handed that department is, they're like a year behind and crimes involving children are taking the priority.
Yes, if Kaiden was also murdered, there would be no need to sleuth because the murderer would be behind bars by now!

ewwwinteresting said:
I'm having a hard time thinking Raven murdered Janet and then left Kaiden alone in his crib. I'm thinking Raven never left or killed her after the game (if there even was one). Raven would need time to clean up, come up with a story and then practice it. He just doesn't seem smart enough to "wing it." Plus the way he dotes on Kaiden, I don't think he would leave him alone. I guess he could have brought Kaiden with him, left him in the car sleeping with the windows down and parked where he could see/hear him, played soccer, and then put Kaiden back to bed, kissed him goodnight and then pretended to find Janet and call 911...I could buy into that scenario.
On day one, I thought that Raven must have done this after the soccer game in a heated rage. Now, after all I hear and read and know. I find it much more likely that it was planned and done prior to the game. The game being the alibi. Took Kaiden with him? left him in the crib asleep? I don't know the answer to this. But I feel that this man planned and executed the murder of his child's mother without a conscious. So that night perhaps the welfare of his child was not first on his mind.

Moxie said:
On day one, I thought that Raven must have done this after the soccer game in a heated rage. Now, after all I hear and read and know. I find it much more likely that it was planned and done prior to the game. The game being the alibi. Took Kaiden with him? left him in the crib asleep? I don't know the answer to this. But I feel that this man planned and executed the murder of his child's mother without a conscious. So that night perhaps the welfare of his child was not first on his mind.
This could be true....just seems that he treated Kaiden as an extension of him and we certainly all know he would not forget about himself, even for a second.

Did Raven stab Janet, clean up, go play soccer.....come home and then call 911? I can't imagine Raven actually able to play soccer after stabbing his wife, even if he didn't like her. Not too many people could actually do this. I'm thinking there is no way Raven went to a soccer game that night..he made up that story for his family, friends and LE!

golfmom said:
Yeah, I've set my tent up in the premeditated campground now.
Remember the rumor of the family being told suicide first? I wonder if Raven tried that out on LE and when they didn't buy it, he switched to another story. :waitasec:

Rooster said:
This blood is from Raven Running to get his phone out of the durango...After he found Janet...tried to save her:( ...ran outside(getting blood on the door) to get his phone from the Durango. The door was locked...back inside to get Janets phone or keys to the Durango.

This evidance will not "hang" Raven. LE knows all of this...still, Raven has not been arrested or charged or named a susspect. He is innocent!
For some reason, I thought Raven went back inside the house, found the keys, unlocked the door and called 911 from the cell phone in the car. However, by the above post, that scenerio is not confirmed at all. We actually have no idea which phone Raven called from (his or Janet's) and where the phone was located....the house or the car?

As you say, SES, if not from the car, why are they taking samples from the inside of the car? What was there? I've ALWAYS thought, that LE going back to the car after interviewing with Raven was a big sign! Something didn't match up. I'm thinking he was caught in a lie and they were looking for the physical evidence in the car to prove it.

ewwwinteresting said:
This could be true....just seems that he treated Kaiden as an extension of him and we certainly all know he would not forget about himself, even for a second.

Did Raven stab Janet, clean up, go play soccer.....come home and then call 911? I can't imagine Raven actually able to play soccer after stabbing his wife, even if he didn't like her. Not too many people could actually do this. I'm thinking there is no way Raven went to a soccer game that night..he made up that story for his family, friends and LE!
Let's agree to disagree. I am certain he played soccer that night. And I'm just as certain he killed Janet. The rest is details for the lawyers.:truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine