TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What will really get my opinion one way or another is the cause of the flat tire. If it was a real cause by something in the road, random attack. If it was manually done by hand with a knife or something, then it was the husband. There are a myriad number of ways to say "well, what if some stranger slashed her tires at Walgreens and then followed her" but as many people say here, Occum's Razor. The simplest answer is usually the right answer. MOO.

Thank you. I wish we could find out what she was googling via cellphone at 5 am. It must have been rather urgent. Who googles on their cell at sunrise?

Maybe this is when she left to get meds for her daughter and wanted to see what was open. Also, this is when I wake up in the morning for work and sometimes I read the news on my phone in bed.

If her google search was for local drugstore hours, and as a result of her trek to THAT opened store IF she met with an abductor during/after visiting a local pharmacy does anyone think LE would have released the video footage by now??? (...then having confirmed her last known whereabouts)

:waitasec:

I'm trying to get a sense of the layout of the house ... although I can't be sure, I'm guessing that this is the house.

swifthomedetails.jpg

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...TN-38024/70967912_zpid/#home-facts-comparison

I took a look and think it's a good guess Otto...

Good work too btw!

It looks like an addition was put on the house in the last three years ... so there must have been an application to the planning department for the expansion. That should mean that there are floor plans somewhere that we can access ... if we have the floor plans we can begin to get a feel for what could have happened in the house and whether the girls coud have heard anything that might have happened in the house.

No, I'm probably the one confused. I read so many articles everyday that all contradict each other and I get confused at the details easily. Sorry.

I remember the day my mom told me she was missing, Sunday, and I started speculating as everyone else is doing. I asked "who" reported her missing because I thought that would tell me a lot. I read in the first few articles that friends reported her missing. Even detailed enough saying that she was suppose to meet a friend Sunday and didn't show up and that friend got worried, called around then called police. All of the sudden every news article started saying her husband reported her missing. I'm still very confused.

I think her phone records probably hold the most information. I wish we knew more about that.

That's okay, it's easy to get confused because sometimes the details are mixed up from different media sources... like one reporting that the daughter was a teenager. I hope I didn't come across as rude or anything... if so, I apologize. I'm not on here all the time, and I do miss things sometimes.

Up thread someone wondered about what store hours are around here. The Walmart in D/burg is open 24 hours 7 days a week. Of course the pharmacy is not open like that but OTC meds etc. are available just like everything else. Our Kroger and Walgreen's I am not sure of and we also have a new huge pharmacy just opened as well (not sure of their hours yet.) I think it is USA Drug...not positive as it was originally supposed to open under another name and then that changed. Have not even been into it yet but it appears to be similar to our Walgreen's. I actually looked for a phone number for it on one of their ads but none was to be found,lol. Walmart is pretty much the place of choice around here. We do have a new Big Lot's but they are not open all night either. We also have lots of small pharmacies around but Walmart, Kroger and Walgreen's are the "big" stores,lol. Once on Millsfield Highway from KS home, it is a pretty straight shot into Dyersburg.

ETA: Once on Millsfield Highway you don't have to turn off anywhere to get into Dyersburg proper...actually when you get into D/burg you are only about two blocks to Walmart and Walgreen's and Kroger are directly across the street from Walmart. HTH. One turn off Millsfield Highway and two blocks or less away are those stores.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1786419.html

"The searches have been beneficial in collecting potential evidence and hopefully all of this will provide some answers soon."

Box added his department is not releasing what type of evidence they have colleted so far in the case, but anticipates having the results back from the TBI's crime lab soon."We are waiting to get the results back on the evidence collected and see if they are connected to Swift or see if it points us to a suspect," said Box. "We are putting this case together one piece at a time and we have to take it one day at a time."

It looks like an addition was put on the house in the last three years ... so there must have been an application to the planning department for the expansion. That should mean that there are floor plans somewhere that we can access ... if we have the floor plans we can begin to get a feel for what could have happened in the house and whether the girls coud have heard anything that might have happened in the house.

My guess is that the Master BR is downstairs and they had the younger children in a BR downstairs. The older boys had the space upstairs - maybe two BR's and a loft and the dad was staying upstairs in one of the sons' rooms.

I have to say that I will eat my hat if Karen's disappearance ends up connected to Holly Bobo's....

Making the stretch to connect the cases just feels like a HUGE injustice to me but, of course and as always, MOO!

Her children need their mother home!

Where are you Karen?

I have to say that I will eat my hat if Karen's disappearance ends up connected to Holly Bobo's....

Making the stretch to connect the cases just feels like a HUGE injustice to me but, of course and as always, MOO!

Her children need their mother home!

Where are you Karen?

I don't think there's a connection either.

I cringe at the wording used. Holly Bobo's case was one piece away from being solved. 7 months later, we have no clue what happened to her.

I cringe too... and it is not just Holly's case... Lindsey Baum, Kyron Horman, Hailey Dunn, list goes on... I hope Karen is not added to this list...

Otto, this report is from back on Nov 4th but they do show the house/home at the 19 second mark, just as you have it in your maps...

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9pdvapyzzo

ALSO, at the 1:51 mark it's said that investigators "have now asked local business' to review their security video from sunday morning"

On Nancy Grace's Facebook page she says the cops are dragging a river and using sonar right now searching for Karen.

On Nancy Grace's Facebook page she says the cops are dragging a river and using sonar right now searching for Karen.

Oh no... :cry:

I wonder if they have specific info/tips to go to a certain location?

Regarding the question of whether Karen left the home to buy medicine, is that speculation, or is there some evidence suggesting that she did by medicine (surveillance video, receipt, etc.)?

Given that her car is facing towards Harness Road on Millsfield Highway, that her tire (I have read both tire and tires) was flat and that she was a 2-3 minute jog from home, I am more suspicious of her husband. Without evidence that she left the house to shop in the middle of the night, I'm inclined to think that she did not leave the house on her own in the middle of the night. I am very interested in what the husband was doing and comments he made between the time that he was served and the night that Karen disappeared - especially computer activity, outtings and reaction to being served with divorce papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel