Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG

Showing video clips of searches, Karen's son begging for her return, etc.

NG talking with Nicole, reporter, about Karen being athletic, avid runner, car being 1/4 mi. from home that Karen could have gotten back home.

Caller: what is husband doing in search for Karen, and what led LE to the riverbed? Jason Cannon: husband hasn't been involved in any official searches, is staying in the background. Bonnie Drucker: LE is being tight lipped about the water search but must have had a tip that led them there.

commercial break

NG

Jeff Johnson, Karen's brother; Alex Sanchez, Darryl Cohen guests.

AS: has not idea why husband not helping; may be fearful of finding deceased wife; not sure what motivations are, but that in itself shouldn't name him as a suspect.

DC: numerous reasons why he isn't cooperating; may be involved. Not in favor of divorce, maybe he was so mad he did something; does anyone know how tire got flat; we need to find out.

JJ: talked to husband about a 1-1/2 weeks ago; not sure he's doing anything in search effort. NG finds it hard to believe Karen would take off in the middle of the night. JJ says it does not sound like something his sister would do.

commercial break

NG

Showing video clips of searches, Karen's son begging for her return, etc.

NG talking with Nicole, reporter, about Karen being athletic, avid runner, car being 1/4 mi. from home that Karen could have gotten back home.

Caller: what is husband doing in search for Karen, and what led LE to the riverbed? Jason Cannon: husband hasn't been involved in any official searches, is staying in the background. Bonnie Drucker: LE is being tight lipped about the water search but must have had a tip that led them there.

commercial break

It's funny on all these shows how the host points to the ex/estranged spouse not actively searching as suspect. Now, I honestly think the husband is responsible here, but they are not a happy couple, so I wouldn't really expect him to be actively searching anyway. Don't mean to sound insensitive, but these hosts need to be realistic.

Jeffrey, brother: found some women's clothing by the Obine River

Jeffrey, brother: 9 yr old not showing a lot of emotion;... they're in shock, no doubt about it

Psych Guest: 9 yr old must have had a pretty good relationship w/Mom to be able to call and know mom will pick u up [at that time] and not get mad at u (sleepover)>not a Mom who would up and leave

NG

Pat Brown, criminal profiler. Has a problem with husband not participating in search for Karen; has to be able to tell children something, look children in the eye every day.

JJ: Mother has talked to Sheriff about more women's clothes found by Obine (sp?) river. NG wants to know what everyone is telling the children about "mommy" being missing. They're in shock, but not much emotion, not sure they really know what's happening.

NG talking to Paula Bloom, psychologist, about the 6 y/o refusing to eat, talking about her own kids, and what do you tell kids that age about "mommy" being gone. PB talking about Karen picking up the little girl because she wasn't feeling well at 1:45am, so relationship must be pretty good; Karen wouldn't just take off.

Dr. Cathleen London on now discussing damage to cadaver by treble hook, where it catches it could interfere with determining COD. She questions why Karen would be leaving home at that hour of the morning; no sign someone entered house and took her, husband not cooperating is odd.

T.J. Ward, Private Investigator: Panic phone call to Karen's friend that night is important, need to know why she made the call then leaves house shortly afterward; did she have someone she was meeting?

NG asking JJ about who the recipient of the call was, if Karen was seeing someone. He doesn't know of anyone.

commercial break

TJ Ward: go back to panic phone call @ 11:00 at night; something about phone call made her leave...not suggesting she had a BF; why did she make phone call and then leave in t middle of t night...

NG: [i haven't heard]of sexual rendezvous' at 5 AM in t morning

5 AM phone call was a google search: Nancy got confirmation

Bonnie

Found: A zippie, a hoodie along with jeans
In trunk: a Halloween costume

Brother: husband told me she did leave t house...but dog did not pick up her scent out of t area>i think someone else drove her car out of the area

NG

NG now clarifying the Google search at 5:00am (mistaken as a phone call earlier in the program). JJ can't confirm what it was about.

Caller: Does LE know what personal belongings are missing to look for? Has LE contacted her doctor, for any personal problems, anything out of the ordinary?

Jason Cannon: Not sure exactly what types of items found. Bonnie Drucker: Understands LE found Halloween costume in car trunk, some clothing (hoodie, jeans) found nearby. Not sure of financial problems; disappearance doesn't seem to be motivated by that.

JJ: Husband told him that Karen left the house that night, he was at top of the stairs; no one is clear on the time. NG going over the timeline again. JJ thinks somebody else drove car to where it was found, dogs didn't pick up her scent there. Hasn't gotten any answers yet on what caused flat tire.

Showing more photos of Karen.

commercial break

Bonnie

Found: A zippie, a hoodie along with jeans
In trunk: a Halloween costume

Brother: husband told me she did leave t house...but dog did not pick up her scent out of t area>i think someone else drove her car out of the area

Leads to another question: what type of vehicle does the husband drive? I had also understood (prior to this statement by Karen's brother) that the husband saw her come home but not leaving the house afterward.

:waitasec:

NG

Back to Bonnie Drucker regarding the missing/found clothing; several calls into LE and so far no luck obtaining information. Thinks possibly Karen's mother may have more information since she just spoke with Sheriff.

end of coverage on Karen

This case reminds me of other cases where the family tries to not blame the spouse, they indicate that they support them for a while, but eventually, they begin to doubt their innocence. I think for now they may be trying hard not to imagine that her husband hurt her, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is lurking in the back of their minds.

Where are you Karen? What happened to you that night?

So husband told KS's brother that she left the home early in the morning. He saw her do so from t top of t stairs.

Is that correct?

Thanks Panthera for the play by play of NG You :rocker:

I am glad to see Karen getting some attention. I hope that there is a break in the case soon!

Leads to another question: what type of vehicle does the husband drive? I had also understood (prior to this statement by Karen's brother) that the husband saw her come home but not leaving the house afterward.

:waitasec:

Panthera....what did you hear KS brother say about her friends??? He said something like "they are a little different." Did you hear him say that? I know that is what he said just want to make sure I am not losing my mind here,lol.

Panthera....what did you hear KS brother say about her friends??? He said something like "they are a little different." Did you hear him say that? I know that is what he said just want to make sure I am not losing my mind here,lol.

Yes, I recall something to that effect, however not the exact words. Sorry, would have to see the transcript or the video again. It's difficult to try to transcribe and catch everything!

:dunno:

Yes, I recall something to that effect, however not the exact words. Sorry, would have to see the transcript or the video again. It's difficult to try to transcribe and catch everything!

:dunno:

LOL, not a problem....no worries Panthera!Thanks!

So husband told KS's brother that she left the home early in the morning. He saw her do so from t top of t stairs.

Is that correct?

That is what I understood this evening. In prior reports, however, I believe it was stated he had seen her come home but nothing mentioned of her going out again (corresponding with her leaving in the early morning).

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members