TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyway, when looking at it I see a bit of red in the picture. Do we know the exact spot the jeep was located? Any thoughts?
ETA: It's not as clear in this picture as it is on Google Maps. If you search 1454 East Brow Road, Signal Mountain, TN on Google Maps you should be able to see it much more clearly.

I see it too on Google maps- it is something...but what???

Not sure who made this, but found it online. This spot would correspond with the red spot. Hmmmmmm.

378822_192914484130061_177616522326524_409318_892402331_n.jpg

And this photo showing how close to the base of the second rock wall the Jeep was:

377120_191904957564347_177616522326524_406857_1452133093_n.jpg

I was just curious because the man that was interviewed (that I believe owns the rock) said he could not see where the rock might have gone because of the leaves.

I was thinking maybe the same property owner might have pulled out in front of Gail while she was driving down the road causing her to swerve into the rock and go over the edge of the cliff. He might not have wanted to report the accident knowing he caused the accident and most likely her death. When confronted now he is using the excuse the leaves blocked the view of seeing anything.

But if the leaves are grown by then no worries. I know where I live they are just barley buds at that time, which is further towards the north. Trying to look at all angles. The rock disappearing and the home owner not thinking a car might have taken it over the edge being the tire tracks and all just has me baffled.

JMO

Joe Friday, you and I really think alike!!! But my idea was a little different ~ did Gail think MP was in that neighborhood somewhere so she was driving around looking for him?

Had he possibly stayed somewhere around there with TH after Gail found the receipts for the downtown hotels? Did they have mutual friends around there who perhaps weren't at home so they had borrowed a house (it was the weekend and schools had been closed all week too).

Or here's another idea - she stopped at the convenience store to wait until he drove past to see if he came from the wrong direction (he said he was at his mother's house that day). This is all total speculation on my part. I just have a feeling she might have driven back early because she suspected something wasn't right.

Or perhaps he was driving around looking for her (just speculation) and she knew it, so she drove that way to hide out?

I just can't understand what she was doing on that stretch of road, and I think she must have had some reason. Maybe she was speeding away so someone wouldn't see her, or she felt once again she was being followed (and maybe she was).

The more I think about this rock business, the more I think that someone else had to know she had gone over the edge of the cliff. I bet the police have figured that out too. At least I hope so. JMOO

Not sure who made this, but found it online. This spot would correspond with the red spot. Hmmmmmm.

378822_192914484130061_177616522326524_409318_892402331_n.jpg

And this photo showing how close to the base of the second rock wall the Jeep was:

377120_191904957564347_177616522326524_406857_1452133093_n.jpg

Google Earth shows the image date as 10/7/2010 (bottom lefthand corner). I think that is the same date as on the top photo shown here.

This may have already been mentioned and is probably nothing, but I thought I'd post it and see what others thought. I was looking on Google Maps at E Brow Rd and the area they say that Gail went over at. Now, I have no idea how recent these maps are, but there are leaves on the trees and an open pool and I know that Google frequently updates their maps. They've updated my area twice in the last year. I suspect the map is from this spring or summer but obviously can't tell for sure.

Anyway, when looking at it I see a bit of red in the picture. Do we know the exact spot the jeep was located? The spot is about 150 feet from W Rd, just like they say the jeep was. This red spot doesn't quite match up with the overlook that they are saying Gail went over at, and there isn't a missing rock at the overlook. I've studied Bing and Mapquest satellite views and I can't figure out what this could be. In the image I circled it and put an X at the spot Gail went over. It makes me almost wonder if it could be Gail and the rock was pushed over later. Or perhaps I'm just crazy. :) Any thoughts?

palmgrenmap.jpg

ETA: It's not as clear in this picture as it is on Google Maps. If you search 1454 East Brow Road, Signal Mountain, TN on Google Maps you should be able to see it much more clearly.

This same picture is on Google Earth (tree color, shadows etc are identical) and when I zoomed in and angled it so I could see straight at the area, it just looked like a darker patch of trees, not red.
Sorry but I don't know how to post the image from Google Earth. The imagery date is 10/7/2010.

Joe Friday, you and I really think alike!!! But my idea was a little different ~ did Gail think MP was in that neighborhood somewhere so she was driving around looking for him?

Had he possibly stayed somewhere around there with TH after Gail found the receipts for the downtown hotels? Did they have mutual friends around there who perhaps weren't at home so they had borrowed a house (it was the weekend and schools had been closed all week too).

Or here's another idea - she stopped at the convenience store to wait until he drove past to see if he came from the wrong direction (he said he was at his mother's house that day). This is all total speculation on my part. I just have a feeling she might have driven back early because she suspected something wasn't right.

Or perhaps he was driving around looking for her (just speculation) and she knew it, so she drove that way to hide out?

I just can't understand what she was doing on that stretch of road, and I think she must have had some reason. Maybe she was speeding away so someone wouldn't see her, or she felt once again she was being followed (and maybe she was).

The more I think about this rock business, the more I think that someone else had to know she had gone over the edge of the cliff. I bet the police have figured that out too. At least I hope so. JMOO

Personally, I'm interested in knowing IF she was headed toward the "W" or away from the "W". Also, when was it announced the"W" would be closed on the 30th and was she aware of this fact since she was in Alabama on the 29th?
IF the"W" was closed MP had to have come up the front of the mountain or Roberts Mill Road IF he was indeed at his mother's residence that morning..JMHO

OK, now I am truly confused (ha ha) I thought we were talking about the lady, Diane Helton, who was quoted talking about how scary driving was on the brow when it was raining or foggy. What man are you talking about?

He lives on the side where she went over. However, there are other peoplemthat live in the house. Could be same.

Do you think it's safe to say they have all of the information off that black box already? I have no idea how much time it takes to get the information from it.

Raises curiosity as to why there are not ready to release it all the info yet. Maybe they need to do more deciphering of that info or there is info that needs to be further investigated.

I have no clue and like you have no idea how much time it takes to obtain all the information needed...JMHO

If someone was coming in the opposite direction she was going they could have moved over into her lane and forced her over at that spot. I hope someone understands what I mean.

Another thought I had- you know those bumps police cars do to the back rear fender when trying to catch people in car chases that turn the car around, I think that's a possibility.

I'm also very interested in if her brakes were working. I suspect this was a MFH and they were just waiting for the right time.

Bless her heart. What a big jerk her husband was! I was told I was crazy by my ex and followed by his mistress. It would terrify the kids. I'll never forget it!

Personally, I'm interested in knowing IF she was headed toward the "W" or away from the "W". Also, when was it announced the"W" would be closed on the 30th and was she aware of this fact since she was in Alabama on the 29th?
IF the"W" was closed MP had to have come up the front of the mountain or Roberts Mill Road IF he was indeed at his mother's residence that morning..JMHO

That's a good point too. What I guess I'm saying is what if he was never at his mothers? What if he was never off the mountain at all? Just conjecture.

Or he could have gone to the house, but that doesn't mean he might not have called someone else to tell them to watch Gail till he got home. I don't think we know the whole story about who was around that day.

I know one thing for certain IF I was MP and in anyway involved in what happened to my wife and her demise I would be flat out scared to death right now...JMHO

It just seems to me MP's attorneys have been too "blatant"...and tbh, like a stick in the eye to Gail's family and/or Arlene. The release of the"flat (*&*& up" statement, stating if the files or any info on the computer had been deleted, then (oh well) they had been deleted, and of the latest statement only hours after the jeep was found about the exact time of the accident. It also bothers me that MP's lawyer's detective was allowed at the scene and given that information. That just doesn't seem right to me. ?? And last...we have them giving a statement how they want to work with Gail's family in planning the memorial...when cooperation with her family was the last thng on MP's mind...in not even letting DN into his house when she first arrived!!!

Also, regarding the deletion of info on the computers.....It was not Gail's computer they were talking about, but MP's and the children's presumably... since Gail's was in the possession of AD and Gail had AD's supposedly at the time the jeep went over. If MP and his attorneys were cooperating in everyway...then why did THEIR detective take the computers out of the house before the search was ALLOWED.

MP did not allow the children to be interviewed by LE, but now with finding the jeep and Gail's death they surely will have to be with the new investigation. I don't see how they can't allow it.

IMO, this whole thing still stinks!

And if there would have been pieces of the jeep from hitting the rock left in the grassy area, then surely the person who was in charge of cutting the grass would have seen it or hit it with the mower, right?

I'm so frustrated that we won't get the truth.....and to know what part did SMPD have in all this on that Saturday. :sigh:

It just seems to me MP's attorneys have been too "blatant"...and tbh, like a stick in the eye to Gail's family and/or Arlene. The release of the"flat (*&*& up" statement, stating if the files or any info on the computer had been deleted, then (oh well) they had been deleted, and of the latest statement only hours after the jeep was found about the exact time of the accident. It also bothers me that MP's lawyer's detective was allowed at the scene and given that information. That just doesn't seem right to me. ?? And last...we have them giving a statement how they want to work with Gail's family in planning the memorial...when cooperation with her family was the last thng on MP's mind...in not even letting DN into his house when she first arrived!!!

Also, regarding the deletion of info on the computers.....It was not Gail's computer they were talking about, but MP's and the children's presumably... since Gail's was in the possession of AD and Gail had AD's supposedly at the time the jeep went over. If MP and his attorneys were cooperating in everyway...then why did THEIR detective take the computers out of the house before the search was ALLOWED.

MP did not allow the children to be interviewed by LE, but now with finding the jeep and Gail's death they surely will have to be with the new investigation. I don't see how they can't allow it.

And if there would have been pieces of the jeep from hitting the rock left in the grassy area, then surely the person who was in charge of cutting the grass would have seen it or hit it with the mower, right?

I'm so frustrated that we won't get the truth.....and to know what part did SMPD have in all this on that Saturday. :sigh:

To my knowledge no one has mentioned a computer being found in the wreckage either... Interesting...

Right now I have to trust the truth will come out... Too too many risked their safety during this operation for the truth not to be revealed...JMHO.

What type of data does the EDR collect?
It varies a lot. At most, the EDR will provide data about various driver inputs - steering wheel movements, gas and brake pedal use - and the car's own movements - acceleration, deceleration, skidding, swerving, etc - in the few moments before a crash and for a few moments after.
Essentially, the EDR can provide, for an investigator trained to understand the data, a "snapshot" of what a car and its driver were doing in a crash.

http://autos.aol.com/article/car-black-box/

No, he has not been cooperative. Refusing to let the children talk is far from cooperative. If he had truly wanted Gail found, he should have begged the children for clues.

And you seriously don't know about the anger? Somehow I hd gotten the impression you were somewhat local. Yes indeed MP was livid, and not only MP but his family. All of them were hoping GP would just roll over in submission while he took her to the cleaners. When he realized he would not be allowed to keep GP and her money along with the woman on the side, he was not a happy camper. He and his little crew went out of their way to paint her in a bad light, with very misleading info, to anyone and everyone, including the press. This is common knowlege on the mountain, with or without Arlene's input.

Are you saying members of his family knew he was having an affiar with a co-worker and were supportive of his actions wanting Gail to abide by his every wish?

Are you saying members of his family knew he was having an affiar with a co-worker and were supportive of his actions wanting Gail to abide by his every wish?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying they knew about it all along and kept it secret from GP. I'm just saying they were not happy when GP found out, that she didn't take it lying down..

My hubby was raised on SM and reminded me that the area where GP went over was not under SM jurisdiction (in Walden area, thus Hamilton Co jurisdiction I imagine) as I was concerned as to why they hadn't noticed the rock missing plus tracks at the time she went missing, of course, MP did not report her missing but then makes one wonder.

I truly did not want to mention this before but in reading about MPs family knowing, I somehow doubt this unless his Mother did; however, she was quite close to GP. A friend works with MPs aunt and she was oblivious to any affair/issues etc. As to his father, he had Alzheimers prior to his recent death so he probably didn't even know his own family. Just my thoughts on some of the issues.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying they knew about it all along and kept it secret from GP. I'm just saying they were not happy when GP found out, that she didn't take it lying down..

IMHO.. That speaks volumes..Sometimes I find it mind boggling as to how dysfunction plays out..JMHO

IMHO.. That speaks volumes..Sometimes I find it mind boggling as to how dysfunction plays out..JMHO

It happens a lot of times that way. Not that families approve, necessarily, many just don't like to see their children pay consequences.

And the biggy so often, as in this case, is that the unfaithful spouse puts a terrible spin on things so the family will back them.

I'm not putting down MP's parents. They no doubt are the victims of gaslighting, which MP is pretty adept at, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288