GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A man who gave a Fort Bragg soldier a ride home from a Fayetteville bar before she was reported missing has turned himself in to authorities.

Nicholas Holbert, who lived in a tent behind the Froggy Bottoms bar, turned himself in to authorities Friday afternoon on charges unrelated to the disappearance of Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux.

Holbert, who is a registered sex offender, was arrested for violation of his sex offender status, which requires him to provide a new address within 10 days of moving.

The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office says Holbert is in custody for "failure to register his new residence."
http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/apr...soldier-hold-news-conference-noon-ar-2187268/

http://www2.nbc17.com/mgmedia/image/142/147/186119/nicholas-holbert/

Well, he really didn't have any other options, he didn't have a home, and now he can't go back to the life he had at the bar, what choice would you make? Just sayin....

I am confused by this....
I don't think he went and turned himself in on his own. I think he most likely was asked to turn himself in either via an investigator, a police officer or more than likely his Parole officer. I don't think he chose to do this... I think they left him out to give him the rope, when it did not bear fruit, they reined it in. Now he is inside and the real pressure will begin on him.

chili I was just thinking that myself. I wonder why they waited?

Maybe they were trying to give him a false sense of confidence. I wondered if that's why they said he's not a POI yesterday (I think it was yesterday). Maybe he stopped talking to them today so they said...then we'll just bring you down here to stay with us.

Maybe they were trying to give him a false sense of confidence. I wondered if that's why they said he's not a POI yesterday (I think it was yesterday). Maybe he stopped talking to them today so they said...then we'll just bring you down here to stay with us.

that and put some pressure on him:twocents:

that and put some pressure on him:twocents:

They talked to several people who were at the bar last week. I'm sure something has been discovered that they have enough to interrogate him more. Although, perhaps they want him there so when they release something, he does not become a flight risk.

chili I was just thinking that myself. I wonder why they waited?

My guess is that they were just waiting for someone to hoist themselves on their on petard.

Amazing how guys who think their 'boys' are so big, and hang that low, that they fail to think that sooner or later - they're bound to trip over them. :waitasec:

I'm thinking that NH said something to Kelli that creeped her out in the car.

They talked to several people who were at the bar last week. I'm sure something has been discovered that they have enough to interrogate him more. Although, perhaps they want him there so when they release something, he does not become a flight risk.

Another thunk: if they arrested him on parole violation, does that give them right/reason to search his car? If there is a loophole in there to allow it, I'm betting they're using it.

And carrying that thought further, as he is an RSO, wouldn't LE possibly be within rights to search remainder of belongings to ensure he isn't in possession of child pron, etc.?

This is not a bad thing, no matter who or what was the catalyst for his arrest. And if he is this chatty on national TV, you can bet he'll be yapping his gums off in Cumberland jail, too.

Dang, I hope he shares anything and everything he knows - FAST.

I agree. I am assuming that they don't have exactly enough evidence to arrest him for Kelli's disappearance but they want to keep him in custody and they fortunately could arrest him on other charges. But the "real" reason they arrested him is in hopes that he is their guy.

Living in an abandoned house and then a tent is a little creepy to me. They might have received a tip about seeing him bring other girls to that house in the past. If he did it, I bet anything he is responsible for some of the others.

VOH Hi and thanks, don't know if you've been asked this before and I'm not expecting a day or time, here's my question.

Nick has said he dropped Kelli off at the entrance to her Apt complex (I believe it would be early morning Sat. (1AM something)

What I'm curious about is when he returned from that trip or was seen next? Is it known?

What a great question - why haven't we asked this ? sooner (unless I just missed it). Because if he immediately returned to Froggy's, like within 10 mins, and looked 'normal' that fact would be on his side which is why LE has hesitated? Maybe this is one of the facts VOH is privy to (knowledge that Nick didn't return to the bar) and has been unable to reveal to us. Someone has got to know the true answer to that question.

Anyway, if he's violated probation, then the police have arrested him for that and removed him from continuing to give interviews and the like.

There are so many sex offenders that don't have a perminent residence and they have even ended up living in the woods, which they aren't allowed to do but have no other choice. At least at this point, we know where Nick is, and if he did do this, LE will have him right there.

What a great question - why haven't we asked this ? sooner (unless I just missed it). Because if he immediately returned to Froggy's, like within 10 mins, and looked 'normal' that fact would be on his side which is why LE has hesitated? Maybe this is one of the facts VOH is privy to (knowledge that Nick didn't return to the bar) and has been unable to reveal to us. Someone has got to know the true answer to that question.

Anyway, if he's violated probation, then the police have arrested him for that and removed him from continuing to give interviews and the like.

I asked this question earlier, when and did he ever return to the bar that night.

Apologies if you guys discussed earlier, but have their been any reports or statements about what type of car Nick drives? Considering his living arrangements, I guess it is too much to hope that he'd have a car equipped with OnStar or a built-in gps.

Have to wonder if LE has spent the past few days obtaining his cell phone records. Mind you, he might have had a cheap burn phone. They may have had him under surveillance. Certainly they have been monitoring his interviews. I'll have to check out laws down there - I wonder what regulations for obtaining warrant for phone taps are.

I also wonder if the arseclown got paid for any of the interviews he's done. :furious:

They still havent posted that interview with him as he was turned in - does anyone have a link to it besides he abc11?

seen several people give their opinions of fayetteville so I thought I would give mine as I live right outside of it. Fayetteville is the scummiest city I've ever been to. Strip clubs and pawn shops are the #1 businesses. It's full of crackheads, prostitutes, and thieves. Followed by bars, partying, drinking....

Most locals (people actually from fayetteville) don't like the military. They and the people from where I live have always referred to it as fayettenam as in it's such a messed up place it's like a warzone that you don't want into.

In another post I read that someone in the military who's married would not want people in their unit to know. From the military people I've met at fort bragg cheating is encouraged and covered up.

Apologies if you guys discussed earlier, but have their been any reports or statements about what type of car Nick drives? Considering his living arrangements, I guess it is too much to hope that he'd have a car equipped with OnStar or a built-in gps.

Have to wonder if LE has spent the past few days obtaining his cell phone records. Mind you, he might have had a cheap burn phone. They may have had him under surveillance. Certainly they have been monitoring his interviews. I'll have to check out laws down there - I wonder what regulations for obtaining warrant for phone taps are.

I also wonder if the arseclown got paid for any of the interviews he's done. :furious:

I can tell you there was probably no on-star in the car based on what it was. But I cannot tell you what type of car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria