GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent been posting or reading for a while but I am in the neck of the woods to be considered fairly local to this one..

Usually I am highly suspicious and inclined to believe its the person who was last confirmed with the missing party. However in this case I am not feeling that is the case. I think he makes a good scapegoat and great diversion but not yet convinced he is the responsible party here. I have this feeling that the POI could be a coworker who is more or wanted to be more then a friend or one of the rapists that is loose in the area. I am not convinced she actually made it into her home safely. I believe she may have ended up encountering either this coworker/friend and went along willingly and what ever happened was in a secondl location away from her home. Thus no evidence of a struggle or sounds alerting neighbors of something happening outside. Also for those not familiar with Ft Bragg its a large open base with many bodies of water and woods with a lot of area that would be easy to hide a body. Sadly I dont beleive this case will end well and that its highly likely she was murdered with in hours of her disappearance. I am not sure this was a planned but do beleive it has more to do with complicated personal relationships. Dont beleive husband was involved with this crime either.
Fayetteville is a regular hotbed of crime these days and lot of is complicated relationships between the different military members or family members and military. The area has grown due to BRAC and is growing rapidly now with a lot of relocated military members/family. Pope is also not far from here. And there is with many bases an entire element of seedy areas and lots of less then honeserable folks hanging about.

Mister Nurse says you could get in trouble for that for sure (depends on what you were 'doing' but yes for sure he says you could get in trouble for that depending on behavior)

(mister nurse is playing the PS3 baseball right now and says to tell everyone hi)

Hi Mr. Nurse! From back when I was in the AF, I know you could get in trouble if one was enlisted and one was an officer.

The Bar owner wasnt there that night as reported by VOH. So whatever the bar owner know is hearsay. Now who is to say NICK and that pool guy ,couldnt be involved together. Or that he didnt use his 10 minutes to stick a tied up kelly in a van .

Kellie was not looked for for 2 days. If he was gone less then 10 minutes at the moment Kellie was last seen ,does not clear him in my mind. She could have been locked in his trunk or already murdered. He might not be the only person involved. Or he may not be involved at all but it isnt impossible based on the "he was only gone 10 minutes." He might not be as slow as people seem to think he is.

BBM

Also, if people are having drinks, shooting pool, talking, etc, he may have been gone longer, and it just seemed like a few minutes to witnesses. If someone didn't time him, I take it with a grain of salt. And like you said, maybe she was in the trunk for all anyone knows. Not so much murdered already, but passed out from a roofie or incapacitated in some way. MOO

Well if that's the case they she has to be pretty darned close to the bar, unless he hid her body somewhere close then after closing time and he left the bar he took her somewhere else. I mean it could happen.

Indeed. It could, and has. Yup. Might be one of the reasons why LE has been searching closer to the bar than Kelli's apartment? Recall that her phone last pinged closer to bar than home...

If we're going to entertain the idea of a stranger or someone other than NH abducting KB after Nick dropped her off, then why did her phone last ping closer to where she was last seen with RSO Nickie Boy? Why didn't it ping nearer the apartment? Why didn't it ping farther away, assuming that the-theoretical-perp-other-than-Nick drove away with her.

I can't think of a logical explanation why KB's phone wouldn't ping after being in NH's car unless he has some funky tinfoil hat gizmo that nukes phone pings the minute you exit his vehicle. (I kid, I kid).

Assumptions:
  • Family is staying in the apartment, therefore it is unlikely to have been thought to be a crime scene
  • searches began and were carried out for several days nearer to Froggy's Bar
  • LE had to have reasonable reasons for selecting that area as starting point for the searches
  • NH himself said they'd found something they believed was linked to him

If Nick was back at the bar in 10 minutes, why was this not reported before now? When he was interviewed, he didn't mention this - you would have thought he would have said that he dropped her off and then returned to the bar, rather than leaving it "open ended".

It's possible of course, that if he had planned things out, that he could have tied Kelli up and left her somewhere, returned to the bar (for his "alibi") and then returned later to where he had left her. But all this sounds unbelievable to me.

I don't believe VOH mentioned anything about Nick returning to the bar, but the quote was attributed to the bar owner, so there would have been many witnesses.

If he returned, wouldn't they have asked him to pay his bar bill?

Do you think it could be someone from work? Maybe someone Kelli felt she had something in common with?

I am not sure, but could NH have taken Kelli close to her apartment complex and made it back to the bar within 10 minutes?

The way I understand it, even at that time of night there is traffic and traffic lights.

Thanks!

I think I could have been someone from work that may have showed her froggies. I think that if Nick came back in 10 minutes he could have taken her to that abandoned house by the pond and kept her prisoner there possibly by drugging or who knows what. The police might have received a tip from the neighbors that saw something suspicious and that is why the cops searched the pond and possibly where they found the bloody clothes.

I havent been posting or reading for a while but I am in the neck of the woods to be considered fairly local to this one..

Usually I am highly suspicious and inclined to believe its the person who was last confirmed with the missing party. However in this case I am not feeling that is the case. I think he makes a good scapegoat and great diversion but not yet convinced he is the responsible party here. I have this feeling that the POI could be a coworker who is more or wanted to be more then a friend or one of the rapists that is loose in the area. I am not convinced she actually made it into her home safely. I believe she may have ended up encountering either this coworker/friend and went along willingly and what ever happened was in a secondl location away from her home. Thus no evidence of a struggle or sounds alerting neighbors of something happening outside. Also for those not familiar with Ft Bragg its a large open base with many bodies of water and woods with a lot of area that would be easy to hide a body. Sadly I dont beleive this case will end well and that its highly likely she was murdered with in hours of her disappearance. I am not sure this was a planned but do beleive it has more to do with complicated personal relationships. Dont beleive husband was involved with this crime either.
Fayetteville is a regular hotbed of crime these days and lot of is complicated relationships between the different military members or family members and military. The area has grown due to BRAC and is growing rapidly now with a lot of relocated military members/family. Pope is also not far from here. And there is with many bases an entire element of seedy areas and lots of less then honeserable folks hanging about.

BBM:
I am slowly beginning to think you are right, opme. I hate that I have come to suspect Kelli met up with a co-worker, but stranger things have happened and it is certainly not unheard of!

*Gates divide Pope from Bragg but Pope has been incorporated in with Bragg. That happened almost a year ago, IIRC.

:moo:

If Nick was back at the bar in 10 minutes, why was this not reported before now? When he was interviewed, he didn't mention this - you would have thought he would have said that he dropped her off and then returned to the bar, rather than leaving it "open ended".

It's possible of course, that if he had planned things out, that he could have tied Kelli up and left her somewhere, returned to the bar (for his "alibi") and then returned later to where he had left her. But all this sounds unbelievable to me.

I don't believe VOH mentioned anything about Nick returning to the bar, but the quote was attributed to the bar owner, so there would have been many witnesses.

The article just said "many witnesses". IIRC, VOH said that the owner (Pointdexter) wasn't there that night.

Indeed. It could, and has. Yup. Might be one of the reasons why LE has been searching closer to the bar than Kelli's apartment? Recall that her phone last pinged closer to bar than home...

If we're going to entertain the idea of a stranger or someone other than NH abducting KB after Nick dropped her off, then why did her phone last ping closer to where she was last seen with RSO Nickie Boy? Why didn't it ping nearer the apartment? Why didn't it ping farther away, assuming that the-theoretical-perp-other-than-Nick drove away with her.

I can't think of a logical explanation why KB's phone wouldn't ping after being in NH's car unless he has some funky tinfoil hat gizmo that nukes phone pings the minute you exit his vehicle. (I kid, I kid).

Assumptions:
  • Family is staying in the apartment, therefore it is unlikely to have been thought to be a crime scene
  • searches began and were carried out for several days nearer to Froggy's Bar
  • LE had to have reasonable reasons for selecting that area as starting point for the searches
  • NH himself said they'd found something they believed was linked to him

She never went home! gets out of nicks car and into someone elses or her own where is her car?

So many things could have happened to this young lady.

Lots of bars "hire" guys to be bouncers, etc - then pay cash, but no benefits. So, the owner can say he was not an employee, as not on the official payroll. Why would the owner let him camp out behind the bar if he was not an employee or friend. If thats the case, who knows if the comment about NH returning in <10 min is even true. This is not a good story for his bar, so I am sure he is hoping NH not involved.

However, if NH did return <10 minutes, then maybe his story is true. I think the timing of her texts x2 and who she was texting that night will tell the story. Why does the Military know about last 2 texts? Was it to someone in the military? If she was texting all night, then the bar patrons should be able to confirm as on ly 20 people in that bar on Friday night.

For anyone who is local to Fort Bragg, there have been a number of deceased persons in and around there within the past few years, I think a couple of them were actually found not far inside the base. Whatever happened to them?

Lots of bars "hire" guys to be bouncers, etc - then pay cash, but no benefits. So, the owner can say he was not an employee, as not on the official payroll. Why would the owner let him camp out behind the bar if he was not an employee or friend. If thats the case, who knows if the comment about NH returning in <10 min is even true. This is not a good story for his bar, so I am sure he is hoping NH not involved.

However, if NH did return <10 minutes, then maybe his story is true. I think the timing of her texts x2 and who she was texting that night will tell the story. Why does the Military know about last 2 texts? Was it to someone in the military?

certainly would explain the tight lip-ed-ness (the bbm)

as for NH.. even if he has nothing to do with Kelli I am so glad he has been caught for not registering his address and living all over God knows where near small children and schools no less. (and having a facebook account! which of course has since pooofed)

I want to know if the bar has been searched.

I think if Nick needed to dispose of evidence from his person , he would have need a shower. Where does he wash his cloths and is there a hose outside the bar for him? what about other nearby places outside hoses and places one would grab a quick shower. Truck stop ?? Homeless or not ,people still need a shower, Where does Nick wash up?

I agree nurse. However I do believe that Kelli had another male friend. The one that NH was talking about and I do not believe it was her husband.

My BBM reply is not specific to your post, SpoiledMom, but I'm using it as a springboard for this question:

Am I in the minority because I have friends of both sexes that I do things with - often without my spouse? I'm having trouble relating to that phrase that many have used as above.

To me, 'another male friend' sounds so singular, almost like an oddity. Foreign to me. I'd be as equally likely to go for lunch or out for a bit with either a male or a female buddy, and frequently with groups of each in varying numbers. Tuesday night out just last week started out with one male chum and I meeting for drinks, female friend joined us later for a round, then left to study just as another male friend arrived to join my first bud and I for dinner. (Note, my spouse of 20 years was 100 miles away parked at home because he neither shares our interests, nor knows these chums in person.)

Is that more uncommon than common to have friends of the opposite sex these days? Or am I getting myself all hung up on semantics and context? ;) Or do you guys mean that you think KB had 'another *extra special* male friend'?

I have been wondering if he bathed at a local pond. Or just used the bar bathroom sink to scrub down.

Yes. I believe that if he did come back in 10 minutes there is a reason they checked that abandoned house he used to live in, by the pond. They seemed so certain that she was in that pond. He could have tied her up and then gone back to the bar so he would have an alibi. Not to mention the policed received a tip about that area so someone might have seen something.

I think I could have been someone from work that may have showed her froggies. I think that if Nick came back in 10 minutes he could have taken her to that abandoned house by the pond and kept her prisoner there possibly by drugging or who knows what. The police might have received a tip from the neighbors that saw something suspicious and that is why the cops searched the pond and possibly where they found the bloody clothes.

Could be, spoiledmom.

I want to know what NH was wearing that night and if he came back wearing different clothes. In that case, it would seem like it would have had to take more than 10 minutes, though.

It is likely to me that the scrappings from the undercarriage of NH's vehicle led them to the pond that was searched........something that was indigenous to that area. Then LE found the bloody clothing.

And to leave him the heck alone I bet :)

Bet she had to give him a whole shiny nickel instead of just paying him for his two cents. "Run along, Woman! You made me hit a foul ball!"

:woohoo:

For anyone who is local to Fort Bragg, there have been a number of deceased persons in and around there within the past few years, I think a couple of them were actually found not far inside the base. Whatever happened to them?

Sometimes we never know, mamamia. I read the FayObserver every morning and sometimes we never hear what actually happened. IIRC, there was a body found maybe on Saturday after Kelli had been to the bar on Friday night and I haven't seen anything else about that unless I just missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member