17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the majority are second amendment supporters, but I think there are many people who think he is being charged with too high of charge and that he charged only because of political pressure. When you look at the cases Florida has given immunity to there are several that are much more questionable than this one. That is why they didn't charge him the first night and only did when the public outrage boiled over. Many people find it offensive to see someone drug through the mud for the wrong reasons.He should have been arrested that night and charged with manslaughter. That was the fair thing to do. What happened to TM that night was unfair and what is happening to GZ is unfair in the eyes of many people. Unequal application of the law.

BBM..My understanding is a homicide detective wanted to charge GZ that night, however Lee and Wolffinger made a decison to override the detective's wishes..
IMHO..IF GZ is being drug through the mud, as you refer to it, it is for ALL the right reasons..He needs to be held accountable for his actions..How dare him or anyone else think this would just all blow over and everyone involved should just get on with their lives? A human being is DEAD because of GZ's actions that night...JMHO

IMO, GZ and others have taken lessons from The Caylee case. I said he probably had access to the TV, therefore he could see & hear his friend state every step of the way. And, some of us know that GZ was watching FT on interviews because we have heard his "Thank you" voice mail to FT.

He also, if he wanted to, had access to the written news reports. FT and his statements about the monies collected have shown up in plenty of places outside of the internet.

Just sayin', if The A's sent messages to FCA, via the memorial, the jailhouse calls, visits etc. then what makes you believe that GZ and FT don't have a similar arrangement. Some folks believe that FT has a huge stake in the outcome of GZ's legal fate.

I guess it could be possible. I don't think they had any clue the huge amount that would be collected therefore necessitating the need for secret signals, but I would consider it possible that FT could have sent messages to GZ.

This is what I believe I heard MOM state in court today. I had to use earplugs because I could not hear but I believe he said that when they were discussing coming up with the bond that the family wanted to pay it all and MOM had to talk them into using the bond bailsman.

So if the family had paid the bond in full with part of that $200,000 could GZ have easily skipped town and their home would have been safe because the bail was paid in full???? I may have this wrong but I thought that was what MOM was trying to tell the judge that the family was discussing using all the money to put up his bail. If MOM did say this isn't he admitting that he knew before Wednesday????? I'd like to listen to that hearing again because something was not right with what he said, if that is actual what he said. jmo

Drop the personal back & forth bickering now.

For the record, no calling anyone a liar just because you believe they lied without being able to back it up with proof (aka a link).

BBM..My understanding is a homicide detective wanted to charge GZ that night, however Lee and Wolffinger made a decison to override the detective's wishes..
IMHO..IF GZ is being drug through the mud, as you refer to it, it is for ALL the right reasons..He needs to be held accountable for his actions..How dare him or anyone else think this would just all blow over and everyone involved should just get on with their lives? A human being is DEAD because of GZ's actions that night...JMHO

The police wanted a manslaughter charge brought.
I just said he should have been arrested in charged for manslaughter.

The SA declined it.
That wasn't GZ decision, it certainly wasn't what TMs family wanted.

And what has happened since then has been a CYA overcorrection, that imo will result in him walking.

The police wanted a manslaughter charge brought.
I just said he should have been arrested in charged for manslaughter.

The SA declined it.
That wasn't GZ decision, it certainly wasn't what TMs family wanted.

And what has happened since then has been a CYA overcorrection, that imo will result in him walking.

That is a good and interesting synopsis.

O’Mara just told JVM that he (MOM) ‘transferred’ George’s Paypal money into a trust account. What happened to checks being sent to O’Mara from the accounts, that he said George fedexed to him? Which is it, money was transferred or was it sent fedex? And how many accounts are there, really? I think they’ve collected waaayyyyy more than $204K, hopefully George won’t flee with a lot of money coming in. jmo

:moo:

I think the majority are second amendment supporters, but I think there are many people who think he is being charged with too high of charge and that he charged only because of political pressure. When you look at the cases Florida has given immunity to there are several that are much more questionable than this one. That is why they didn't charge him the first night and only did when the public outrage boiled over. Many people find it offensive to see someone drug through the mud for the wrong reasons.

He should have been arrested that night and charged with manslaughter. That was the fair thing to do. What happened to TM that night was unfair and what is happening to GZ is unfair in the eyes of many people. Unequal application of the law.

Not necessarily. No one knows what motivated GZ to do the things he did that night and the order or manner in which he did them. We do not know if he had an ax to grind with more than just the "suspicious" people in his neighborhood. We don't know yet if he had assistance in "cornering" Trayvon. we don't know if he was injured because he slipped in the wet grass, fell backward when Trayvon tried to escape his grasp, or even if in frustration he beat himself in the head with his flashlight or gun.

The State brought charges for a reason, It may be to appease the masses of protestors but it may also be because they believe that GZ instigated everything against Trayvon that fateful night.

We must let the evidence prove the case. IMO, that is not "unequal application." In many states, outside of Florida, this would not even be an issue. The instigator and ultimate shooter would stand trial and if it could be proven that he was defending himself from grave danger then he would hopefully be acquitted.

In Florida I can provoke you through intimidation and fear of attack and if you try to get away and I grab you and I happen to get injured, it seems that all I have to do is say that I was in fear of my life. Even though, my injury would never have happened if I hadn't caused you to try to get away from me. That is just ridiculous.

Because of that SYG law, I will not go to Florida again. If a day comes where I do not have to live in fear of some paronoid, gun toting, wanna be cop chasing me down for no other reason than the way I am dressed or look...then and only then might I reconsider going to a State where that guy can follow me, corner me, intimidate me and kill me if I try to defend myself. This is my wholehearted OPINION.

No more of my tourist dollars will go to Florida.

Been at work all day, and come in hoping for wonderful things and NO documents yet DRAT! The info about the money is interesting, and IMO it was just a smidgen too darn convienient that the ONE person that was said to know about it RZ was unavailable to be questioned...my opinion only, it doesn't look good. I still want to see the documents, the autopsy report the first responders reports, GZ's various statements (if more than one) and the witness statements with names and addresses redacted of course. That is where the wheat will be separated from the chaff IMO, and the rest of the media circus can be just that a circus that I am tired of before it starts...IMO JMHO and stuff.

So, O'Mara said on Jane's show that George Zimmerman still owes the bail bondsman $10,000.

If GZ gets immunity I promise you that the HOAs legal counsel will argue that they are protected by the same immunity that protects GZ from a civil suit.

SYG says you cannot face civil damages for a justified shooting. It does not say that is limited to the person who pulled the trigger.

The problem is the gun. For the NWP GZ was not suppose to carry a gun. Only GZ is protected by the SYG law not the HOA. GZ violated all the rules and the HOA seemed to be okay with him running the program. jmo

When did Tracy Martin state it was not TM moaning and wailing in the call? I don't remember that.. Do you have a link?

Could it be Tracy Martin was referring to the voice that cried out "HELP just as we heard a gunshot? Could it be he said that was not his son's voice? JMHO

Right and until I see a picture, from the crime scene of any tears on GZ's cheeks, I will firmly believe that it was Trayvon crying.

Not necessarily. No one knows what motivated GZ to do the things he did that night and the order or manner in which he did them. We do not know if he had an ax to grind with more than just the "suspicious" people in his neighborhood. We don't know yet if he had assistance in "cornering" Trayvon. we don't know if he was injured because he slipped in the wet grass, fell backward when Trayvon tried to escape his grasp, or even if in frustration he beat himself in the head with his flashlight or gun."

The State brought charges for a reason, It may be to appease the masses of protestors but it may also be because they believe that GZ instigated everything against Trayvon that fateful night.

We must let the evidence prove the case. IMO, that is not "unequal application." In many states, outside of Florida, this would not even be an issue. The instigator and ultimate shooter would stand trial and if it could be proven that he was defending himself from grave danger then he would hopefully be acquitted.

In Florida I can provoke you through intimidation and fear of attack and if you try to get away and I grab you and I happen to get injured, it seems that all I have to do is say that I was in fear of my life. Even though, my injury would never have happened if I hadn't caused you to try to get away from me. That is just ridiculous.

Because of that SYG law, I will not go to Florida again. If a day comes where I do not have to live in fear of some paronoid, gun toting, wanna be cop chasing me down for no other reason than the way I am dressed or look...then and only then might I reconsider going to a State where that guy can follow me, corner me, intimidate me and kill me if I try to defend myself. This is my wholehearted OPINION.

I didn't say it was an unequal application of the law, I said some people feel that and it motivates them to donate to his cause. I was merely trying to point out that people saying that anyone that donates to GZs defense think he is a hero and justify his actions. That is not accurate for everyone that has donated.

The problem is the gun. For the NWP GZ was not suppose to carry a gun. Only GZ is protected by the SYG law not the HOA. GZ violated all the rules and the HOA seemed to be okay with him running the program. jmo

You can look up similar cases, immunity once given makes it almost impossible for the family to get an civil damages. And the HOA didn't know GZ was carrying a gun. They will say they didn't condone that.

Not necessarily. No one knows what motivated GZ to do the things he did that night and the order or manner in which he did them. We do not know if he had an ax to grind with more than just the "suspicious" people in his neighborhood. We don't know yet if he had assistance in "cornering" Trayvon. we don't know if he was injured because he slipped in the wet grass, fell backward when Trayvon tried to escape his grasp, or even if in frustration he beat himself in the head with his flashlight or gun."

I believe over 25 states have SYG laws.

~jmo~[/QUOTE]

:goodpost::goodpost: Post of the day!!!!!!!!!!!

Is he on there tonight????
He was on the phone. Sounded like he was tap dancing around a few things. I'm sure someone will post the transcripts soon, and the smart bunch around here, will post his story tonight, against statements he made in the past.

One thing I caught, only 50 donations. Hmm....I bet you there was a huge amount from a couple of people/organizations. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties