GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. Is it normal for LE to not name a suspect or POI until DNA results come back? Let's say in a situation like Kelli's case? Can anyone think of any recently?

I don't know if prosecutors or ADAs request the amount of bond...I'm pretty sure it's up to the judge based on a range. For instance, in Wake County a first degree murder charge bond amount is generally in the $1M - $2Million range. The judge decides if the defendant gets bond and the amount.

I think police focused on Nick because he's the last known person to be seen with Kelli. I think he'd be the focus whether he had a record or not. He has one which makes it even more suspicious, but if he hadn't been the last KNOWN person to be with Kelli he'd not be suspect #1.

As far as where the investigation is centered and what's been searched...I'm sure it's frustrating for police because there isn't an obvious crime scene or trail, and all they have to go on are things like cell tower pings. And if NH is the perp, he's not helping them find her.

It's ghastly to think about, but he could have buried her in a shallow grave or hid her body such that it's not sitting out and easy to find. They keep going back to bodies of water as well. Whoever took KB and (I'm assuming) murdered her did not intend for someone to easily find her body, IMHO.

Did anybody else notice this in the Today Show interview with Mike and Matt? Was the final text message sent to Holbert? I thought the friend Justin said he got the text saying she was getting a ride with a man. I assumed he was also the person that received the final text.

http://myfox8.com/2012/04/26/husband-of-missing-soldier-suspicious-of-sex-offender/

Great catch!!!! Now I want LE to confirm that the text was indeed sent to NH. Methinks MB slipped some unreleased evidence out there to the public.

Great catch!!!! Now I want LE to confirm that the text was indeed sent to NH. Methinks MB slipped some unreleased evidence out there to the public.

I just listened to the interview twice and at no point does anyone specify who the texts were sent to.

The accompanying article, however, says "Mike also said he’s suspicious of purported text messages from Kelli to Holbert saying that she had made it home safely."

Sooo...could be the author of this article assumed it was Holbert who received the texts, but I couldn't determine it by that particular interview.

I just listened to the interview twice and at no point does anyone specify who the texts were sent to.

The accompanying article, however, says "Mike also said he’s suspicious of purported text messages from Kelli to Holbert saying that she had made it home safely."

Sooo...could be the author of this article assumed it was Holbert who received the texts, but I couldn't determine it by that particular interview.

To add to the confusion, Matt said in a previous interview that at least one of the texts went to Kelli's long time friend Justin.

ETA: Per brother Matt: Justin received the 'got home safely' text from Kelli's phone on the night she disappeared. Also the recipient of the text that Kelli was getting a ride home from a man. Matt Henson stated there was about an hour between the texts.
http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/23/1173168?sac=fo.local

The brother of missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Marie Bordeaux said Monday that her close friend in Florida received a text message from her phone on the morning she disappeared: "Got home safely."

Matt Henson said he doesn't believe his sister sent the message, or one to the same friend about an hour earlier saying she was getting a ride home with a man.

Henson said his sister, Holbert and the family friend, identified only as Justin, met for the first time a week or two before her disappearance.

Henson said Justin was in Fayetteville to visit Bordeaux. The two had been friends since Bordeaux and her family moved about 20 miles from Orlando, Fla., to the small town of St. Cloud in 1996 to escape escalating crime problems.

Henson said he is suspicious that his sister sent the text message to Justin because it doesn't appear that she ever made it home.

:seeya: Hello all ...been lurking for ever ... but decided to add my :twocents: here. I'm in Texas so I dont know how NC does magistriation ...which is what we call bond setting. When you are arrested here within 24 hrs you will see the Judge which is the Justice of the Peace here...you are taken into a court room and your read your maranda rights again by the JP. You are told what your charges are against you and the JP ( after reviewing your arrest and your crim. record )will determine what your bail bond amt will be depending on the class of your arrest (Misd or Felony). Now lets say he is a RSO that has FTR...the JP will see this as a flight risk ... and your bond will be higher than normal. 15% to 50% is what Bail Bondsman can charge here and they want that amt UP FRONT to bond you out .......Now lets say you have charges pending investigation ....Texas has 72 hrs before they either have to charge you or drop the pending charge...Then you go before the JP again for bond setting on the pending charge....or its dropped and you bond out on first charge if you can afford to.
If your lawyer feels the first bond is too high ...He/She has to request a bond reduction and that goes before the District court Judge for felony or Misd Judge for a review as to bond reduction reguest. And of course this all takes .....time...... As to the high bond that has been set on this FTR-RSO ...most times the judge will stick to the high amt again because of flight risk.
I hope this helps ...I have stayed a lurker because I'm not good at writing and making myself understood ....and i hate to make myself sound like i'm crazy !!!! :blushing: But this is my job to do the paperwork in the court room with the JP......so alittle experiance here in this area. Thanks for reading!!!!!

You did a great job explaining this - thanks for taking the time to do so!

So another case of bad reporting? Thanks, as I didn't go back and listen watch the video again; I saw that it's written in the article like that though.
Not only does that shoddy reporting make the media look bad, it falsifies what MB stated. That's very, very bad. If it were me and I was one of the poi's, I might even sue someone over that.

So another case of bad reporting? Thanks, as I didn't go back and listen watch the video again; I saw that it's written in the article like that though.
Not only does that shoddy reporting make the media look bad, it falsifies what MB stated. That's very, very bad. If it were me and I was one of the poi's, I might even sue someone for that.

The main POI is in jail so I doubt we'll see any lawsuits, but yes the media often gets details wrong.

I've said this a lot, but trying to follow a case based on media reports is a crapshoot. You can find yourself chasing your tail over the particular wording of a sentence, let alone getting 100% correct information.

The main POI is in jail so I doubt we'll see any lawsuits, but yes the media often gets details wrong.

I've said this a lot, but trying to follow a case based on media reports is a crapshoot. You can find yourself chasing your tail over the particular wording of a sentence, let alone getting 100% correct information.

I had a feeling someone would call me out for using 'POI'.
They're both POIs in my mind. I don't think LE has officially named any POIs, have they? We can read between the lines where NH is concerned though. And I've not heard LE use the word 'cleared' regarding anyone. That said, the printed comment could influence the way people think, one way or another about either of them. The people writing these articles should be very careful when quoting somebody - I'm sure they have access to the video. Somebody should check their work before it's published. Here, we can't get away with anything and we're not even getting paid nor do we claim to be reporters!

As far as where the investigation is centered and what's been searched...I'm sure it's frustrating for police because there isn't an obvious crime scene or trail, and all they have to go on are things like cell tower pings. And if NH is the perp, he's not helping them find her.

It's ghastly to think about, but he could have buried her in a shallow grave or hid her body such that it's not sitting out and easy to find. They keep going back to bodies of water as well. Whoever took KB and (I'm assuming) murdered her did not intend for someone to easily find her body, IMHO.

What I feel they need to do is to at least go out to a 10 mile radius, because with I 295 right there, and then also Ramsey St, Kelli could have been put into a vehicle and drive right away from that area. JMHO

Also adding - Even if Nick did this, he would need to distance Kelli from the area. I've read of people who keep a missing person close, but that's really rare.

http://paraglideonline.net/042612_news2.html

It's interesting that the head of Military Police, Maj. General David Quantock, addressed his troops at Bragg on Thursday. I wonder if what VOH saw today, has anything to do with MP efforts to recover evidence in order to help solve Kelli's case. Whoever it was who searched today, let's hope and pray they found something.

VOH, you were at FB's last night? What time did Kelli and Nick leave FB's that evening? I'm sure people around the bar have been talking about this...
Once this is determined, the times of text messages will tell alot...
I am still concerned that the last ping came from the tower on Ramsey, North of FB's, not the cell tower near the Meadowbrooks apartments...
What is the concensus from the patrons at FB's last night???

Good example of media reports and how wording can be ambiguous:

The brother of missing Fort Bragg soldier Kelli Marie Bordeaux said Monday that her close friend in Florida received a text message from her phone on the morning she disappeared: "Got home safely."

So, from the article posted above, we know that the friend is Justin. But, you can interpret that phrase several ways:
  • Justin was in FL when he received the text message
  • Wording was slightly off - i.e. Justin is the friend 'from' Florida - i.e. Kelli's friendship with Justin began in FL and Justin normally lives in FL

The quote is broken because the 'bold' tag is overlapping the 'end quote' tag. To fix the quote:
* go back into edit.
* Look right before the last time you see the word 'quote'.
* It will look like this:
j7zr7o.jpg

* Correct it so it looks like this:
34g98xs.jpg

Hope that helps.

You guys...really sorry about messing up that quote, but I must have waited too long to fix, as there is no edit option there anymore. I alerted a mod to my post to hopefully fix.
Real Ooops.
But I do appreciate your assistance Muck...

Had reason to drive by the bar twice today. There is road construction right in the immediate area and I found myself stopped in the lanes on the other side of Ramsey Street from the bar. This was about 12:30 PM. Noted a mini bus kind of like rental car companies use for shuttles, parked there with a few people milling around. An SUV was also parked there. Had to go back by there at 5:00 PM and noticed the bar sign was lit up indicating it ws open and the SUV and one other vehicle were parked there. Also noted behind the bar building is a pretty significant cleared "yard". Perhaps KB and NH took a little walk around back there and something happened back there before they ever got to the car to go take her back home. Maybe she felt sick? Does anyone recall if it was a nice clear night when one might want to take a walk?

With so much construction on Ramsey and at the 295 ramp area, I do hope they went over the area with a very fine tooth comb during the searches.

:waitasec:Also...WRT the male soldier found dead this past week. I stated it was miles away from KB's place. In retrospect, it's not many miles away but it is across town and in cross town traffic going down the 401 by pass, through the mall area and restaurant row, it sure can seem like it. Just to clarify.....

Also got a look at her street when I was stopped in the construction. Don't think she was let out on her street but I am sure Kelli was very fit. She could easily dash down that street, sans flipflops, and make it home in several minutes, if so inclined, but I prolly wouldn't do so at that hour after drinking, especially if I had a ride from someone I thought I trusted. IMO

weird 'hinky' stuff

LE returned to Froggy's because somebody reported an aweful stench outside in the back. LE does not confirm stench but finds muddy sneakers in what could have been NH's lean-to (heard last night while relistening to ABC-11 videos, video dtd. April 19, 2:51 mins.)

In the same video above, they show the wooded entrance to Kelli's apt. where NH supposedly dropped Kelli off.

In subsequent videos, they show the front entrance to Kelli's apt. when explaining that NH dropped Kelli off.

NH states that in the first couple of times Kelli came into Froggy's he had asked her if she was single (note the slight difference - he doesn't ask her if she's married. You can be unmarried but NOT consider yourself single.) Kelli answered him by saying 'it's complicated'. NH goes on to say that he didn't know Kelli was married until LE told him that she was.

On April 26, Mike finally speaks out and says the last date that he saw Kelli in person was April 3.
New picture of Kelli is released but LE won't reveal who she sent it to.
Her brigade, 44th Medical, organizes a march to bring attention to the issue of sex crimes. :waitasec:

------------------------------

My psychic abilities (that I don't have) lead me to believe her phone was thrown into the fire barrel at Froggy's.
I keep thinking about this even when I try not to.

adding ~ also I still wonder about those evidence cups in one large plastic bag that were collected from the back of
Poindexter's van early on in the investigation. Haven't heard any follow up on that or even why they would have
collected anything from that vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member