GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that the answer to where Kelli is, lies somewhere near Spring Lake. I would really like to know where and on what portion of the base Miked worked. There is Smith Lake Recreation Area that needs to be searched if it hasn't already been and also Texas Pond on the way to Spring Lake. These two areas are just about halfway between Kelli's apartment complex and the base, and Spring Lake.

Along Honeycutt Rd.

I think LE should also try to talk to people that knew Nick before he went to jail and anyone he may have dated or hung out with before Froggy's. That may give LE some other ideas of places Nick was really familiar with and may have used as a dumping site.

I seriously wonder why TES wasnt called in by the family and LE if they believe that NH is the likely perp.

NH in my opinion would not have taken Kelli far. TES would be very helpful!
On the other hand MB could have taken her all the way to FLA-

I am really frustrated and feel like enough isnt being done. The family has gone home to Tenn. and I'm wondering if LE really has any idea what happened.

I know the family is saying they will hold out hope and believe she is being held but I would beg TES to come.

JMO
scatterbrained over this and heartbroken for Kelli's mother

LE can request TES without the family now. Special note: "Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved. Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case." :twocents:

Why TES when their are more reliable search teams out there? JMO
Families of the missing have a lot to worry about without being accused of being the perps? that is what TES always DOES ACCUSE THE FAMILY FIRST AND FORMOST? moo

I still think that the answer to where Kelli is, lies somewhere near Spring Lake. I would really like to know where and on what portion of the base Miked worked. There is Smith Lake Recreation Area that needs to be searched if it hasn't already been and also Texas Pond on the way to Spring Lake. These two areas are just about halfway between Kelli's apartment complex and the base, and Spring Lake.

Along Honeycutt Rd.

Smith Lake has cabins on it and it now has a gate that you have to go through before you get to the parking area. And MPs partol that area because in the past people would "park" in that area. The only way to get to Smith Lake now is off Honeycutt the Muchison Rd entrance is closed because of hwy construction.

Texas Lake is a very popular place for MPs to sit and wait for speeders to come down the hill from Simmons AAF and it is right at the road. Plus a mile down the road at McArthur and Honeycutt is a Sheriff's Annex station and they are always out.

Smith Lake has cabins on it and it now has a gate that you have to go through before you get to the parking area. And MPs partol that area because in the past people would "park" in that area. The only way to get to Smith Lake now is off Honeycutt the Muchison Rd entrance is closed because of hwy construction.

Texas Lake is a very popular place for MPs to sit and wait for speeders to come down the hill from Simmons AAF and it is right at the road. Plus a mile down the road at McArthur and Honeycutt is a Sheriff's Annex station and they are always out.

Would you happen to know what sort of construction is going on or has been going on at the base for the past two months or so? I would love to know where it was that Mike worked on the construction.

Was just thinking about the fact that LE wanted anyone who may have seen anything around midnight on the night Kelli went missing, to call them and let them know what they saw. I couldn't quite figure that one out, when Kelli and Nick didn't actually leave Froggy's until around 1:15am. Now, I'm wondering if it isn't possible that one of the bar patrons who left earlier, didn't hang around outside waiting for Kelli and Nick to leave. Of course they wouldn't have known that Kelli would want to go home early, but, someone could have been hanging around the side of the building and may not have been seen from where Nick was parked. Just a possibility.

Why TES when their are more reliable search teams out there? JMO
Families of the missing have a lot to worry about without being accused of being the perps? that is what TES always DOES ACCUSE THE FAMILY FIRST AND FORMOST? moo

I wasnt aware of that opinion-I havent heard other WSers point that out about TES in any of the cases I have followed. But, what can the harm be if the family is accused and they are not guilty. Being accused can not be a pleasant experience but living without knowing where Kelli is must be worse. If Kelli can be found her body can provide evidence, which will hopefully lead to an arrest.

Just out of curiosity what more reliable search teams would you recommend?

JMO

Does anyone know if/ how much the area around the entrance and to her apartment has been searched? I could very well be wrong, but feel like Nick was telling the truth about dropping her off there, and that her phone is in that vicinity. I believe there is a sewer near there on Ramsey, woods, ect. If it hasn't happened already, I think that area needs a thorough search!!

I have to admit, I haven't paid close enough attention to this case to know the exact roads/ponds that have been searched, and I respect LE to the fullest, but I think they'd be amiss if they haven't already searched the very spot she was last reported to have been in.

Now, whether there's any truth to the fact that she was indeed in that spot or not can be debated until the cows come home, but I feel it'd be their best starting point.

:twocents:

:banghead:
I have to admit, I haven't paid close enough attention to this case to know the exact roads/ponds that have been searched, and I respect LE to the fullest, but I think they'd be amiss if they haven't already searched the very spot she was last reported to have been in.

Now, whether there's any truth to the fact that she was indeed in that spot or not can be debated until the cows come home, but I feel it'd be their best starting point.

:twocents:

I agree. Lets say Nick is the perp and he put her body in the pond close to her apartment complex. There could be a reason that he said he dropped her off where he did. If they found her body there, he could try to place the blame on someone else. It would explain why he said she decided to walk and it leaves a window for someone else to be blamed. If they found muddy shoes and some reason to believe he took her to the pond, why wouldn't they check there? Just because her cell phone last pinged behind froggy bottoms?

Maybe he got pissed off in the car when she was texting and took it from her. Maybe she text Justin "Call me ASAP!" because Nick made a pass at her and she denied him, it was awkward and she was hoping that a phone call would save her from the awkward silence on the way home. Then Nick takes the phone from her, takes her wherever he does, commits the crime, dumps her body and sends the text "got home safely" when he is back at his Lean-to. After that, he gets rid of her phone.

I have read that Nick did NOT go back to Froggy Bottoms after he dropped her off. And that he asked employees to cover for him and say that he did. This was from the same source where the information regarding Mike and Kelli's marriage was reported. I am not sure how reliable it is but if you are going to believe what it says about Mike then you need to believe what it says about Nick.

With all this coming into play, I can see why LE is not ruling out any suspects. They have to wait for forensics since they don't have anything concrete. I just hope and pray they will get some answers once the results are in and they will have an "official" suspect.

I'm beginning to think maybe Nick could be right, being the scapegoat for this because of his background. Maybe he's right.
We don't really know anything.
And if what he says is true, he dropped her of at the entrance
to the apts where she lived. She could have recognized someone
that she knew that was giving her problems.
Who ever that was, if true, had to know her schedule for that
night.
And that brings me to who did she tell of her Friday nite plans?
Who in fact knew where she lived? Friends at work,
other people at Froggy's?
I just can't wrap my mind around Nick being responsible for this.
Although I'm usually wrong lol
He had made one of the nicest friends there is.
I don't think he wanted to risk going back to jail.
Why wait until the end of the night when he already
had her in the car when he picked her up?
I would imagine his belongings, his vehicle, were searched as well as his body looking for cuts, scrapes?
Was anything found to connect him to Kelli?
I don't believe they have the right guy, and lucky for
LE they have something to hold him on.
Maybe LE is sitting in wait.
I'm just not buying this whole thing.
Plus I thought, Nick hasn't any money. Why would he
drive miles away to get rid of Kelli when he knows the
area so well. Doesn't make sense.
This I believe was personal, and the perp had to make sure
Kelli wasn't found. JMO

Agree 100% with the "we don't know anything" statement. We don't. It's a waiting game, at best. None of these crimes ever makes much sense. Who believes that harming someone/killing someone is the logical way to behave unless your own life is in danger?

But I suppose if someone can't help themselves and they feel compelled to murder someone, that alone provides the necessary motivation to go to the trouble to hide the body, remove or avoid leaving evidence, and try to ensure they don't get caught or charged, unless they don't mind spending the rest of their life in jail.

Newer article from the Paraglide (Ft. Bragg's newspaper). It talks about Ft. Bragg's combined efforts with Fay PD. It has a few quotes from her commander.

http://www.paraglideonline.net/050312_news3.html

This is an excellent article; THANKS for posting this preeMom.

It provides a good understanding of the time-line & reports made on that Monday she was declared missing. Seems like Ft. Bragg is fully involved in searches for Kelli.

I like the way they capitalize - Soldier - each time it is used.

I'm beginning to think maybe Nick could be right, being the scapegoat for this because of his background. Maybe he's right.
night.
I would imagine his belongings, his vehicle, were searched as well as his body looking for cuts, scrapes?
Kelli wasn't found. JMO

Hi there. Wow, I just did some snooping around the Web hoping to turn up some info to see if anybody might be searching for Kelli in and around Florida. I didn't find that exactly but I did run across a wealth of info regarding the relationship between Kelli and her soon to be ex husband. Can't post the details here because it's not mainstream news but maybe when it becomes . . . - Nancy Grace where are you?

If everything I've read is true, then MB just rose to the top of my suspect list. I sure hope LE is looking into all of the inconsistencies in his story and, if true, I can understand why Kelli's in-laws have kept out of the picture.

iirc Kelli's family, along with her husband, are staying in her apartment. His brother says he will not leave until he finds her.

eta: this was at the end of the last presser

iirc Kelli's family, along with her husband, are staying in her apartment. His brother says he will not leave until he finds her.

eta: this was at the end of the last presser

nurse, they've gone back to their perspective states. I read that here when I came back from my cool down period.

K's mil and fil were never in NC I don't believe.

Here's an article (from page 9 on this thread) about Kelli's mom returning to her home - http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11061338/
I'll see if I can find where I read sister, brother and Uncle had returned too.

This is the best I could do - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

night.
Kelli wasn't found. JMO

Nick is not being targeted for his background but rather because he was the last person to have been seen with her and admitted to supposedly driving her home.

Poindexter said that Nick did not work at the bar, I believe in an effort to distance himself from Nick. I believe that he was paying Nick under the table so there would be no official record of him being employed there. Other people that frequented the bar all believed that Nick worked there. Nick did have money, as IIRC, VOH said that they had seen him with money before. He had money for cigarettes and pool, food and had a car. What would be the sense in having a car if you could not afford to put gas in it every once in a while at least?

I don't believe that this crime was planned, but rather was something that happened because of poor impulse control, anger, rage, spur of the moment type thing. Nick already demonstrated his poor impulse control when he attacked the 5 year old little girl while he was at her home with her mother only being gone a short while.

I believe that Nick was more interested in Kelli, than Kelli was interested in Nick. He did admit asking about her marital status after all which I believe shows he was interest in her. His comment about her using her cell phone to text ALL night makes me feel that he was paying very close attention to everything that she did that night. Perhaps he thought it was a date, thus the reason for the unpaid bar tab in both his and Kelli's name and he became jealous of her attentions being elsewhere besides on him. Nick also raised my suspicions when he did not give any information on WHERE he picked her up that night, especially in light of all the other information he gave. Regardless of the state of her marriage to MB, I just don't think that MB was involved in her disappearance JMO. It may prove out later that I am wrong about Nick, but so far nothing has come to light to make me willing to let Nick off the hook for Kelli's disappearance.

Nick is not being targeted for his background but rather because he was the last person to have been seen with her and admitted to supposedly driving her home.

Poindexter said that Nick did not work at the bar, I believe in an effort to distance himself from Nick. I believe that he was paying Nick under the table so there would be no official record of him being employed there. Other people that frequented the bar all believed that Nick worked there. Nick did have money, as IIRC, VOH said that they had seen him with money before. He had money for cigarettes and pool, food and had a car. What would be the sense in having a car if you could not afford to put gas in it every once in a while at least?

I don't believe that this crime was planned, but rather was something that happened because of poor impulse control, anger, rage, spur of the moment type thing. Nick already demonstrated his poor impulse control when he attacked the 5 year old little girl while he was at her home with her mother only being gone a short while.

I believe that Nick was more interested in Kelli, than Kelli was interested in Nick. He did admit asking about her marital status after all which I believe shows he was interest in her. His comment about her using her cell phone to text ALL night makes me feel that he was paying very close attention to everything that she did that night. Perhaps he thought it was a date, thus the reason for the unpaid bar tab in both his and Kelli's name and he became jealous of her attentions being elsewhere besides on him. Nick also raised my suspicions when he did not give any information on WHERE he picked her up that night, especially in light of all the other information he gave. Regardless of the state of her marriage to MB, I just don't think that MB was involved in her disappearance JMO. It may prove out later that I am wrong about Nick, but so far nothing has come to light to make me willing to let Nick off the hook for Kelli's disappearance.

You may be right. Time will tell. BUT this is targeting NH. Raising
suspicions or thinking something happened may be a lot of people's
thoughts, but they are not facts.
The state of her marriage does raise a huge flag with me. Have seen
it happen here way to often. If LE isn't looking at this angle then
they are not doing their job in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time