Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster, long time lurker! :)

I've been reading here since the first thread and like most of you I'm fascinated by this. Probably as Ive recently relocated from bris and I'm a young mum myself. It's all too close to home. So to speak. I do hope whomever has committed this crime is brought to justice swiftly.

The thing that always strikes me as odd (and this has been mentioned previously) is why she supposedly went walking at 10pm at night. And why her husband thought that was acceptable. Not to mention how he could possible even manage to sleep when he knew she was missing and then only reported it the next day. Situation reversed I don't think I'd be able to sleep until my partner was found - even if that was days or weeks.

For me that speaks volumes. It says to me they either had a fight or were separated.

I have my own suspicions on what has happened but I suspect answers to the above plays some part in it - no matter who has murdered her.

I hope she didn't suffer. And I hope those who love her are holding up ok.

:welcome:

:wagon:

Thanks for bringing up the walking! I just assumed it was something people often do in Brisbane. That is unusual???

^^ well it is autumn and it's pretty cool out there at night. I don't remember if it rained the night she went missing but it had been raining around that week. It's 10pm at night - I wouldn't go walking anywhere by myself at that time and my husband would not let me go either - I wouldn't be comfortable with him going either! It's just odd.

Thanks for bringing up the walking! I just assumed it was something people often do in Brisbane. That is unusual???

I live just down the road, and you go walking here at 10pm at night. its very dark, very rural, very quiet. But its not known as being dangerous....

In saying that though, I have no control over my wife and if she put her foot down, she'd go....but i'd go with her.

It really depends Kimster. SOme would not feel safe a woman on their own at night in some areas. But in regards to the area where Allison dissapeared, many would say its a safe area, but still there is not much lighting I believe and some rough terrain. The walking story was odd for a number of reasons.

walking at Brookfield at that time of night is odd! it's not well lit and i certainly wouldn't be comfortable doing that at all.

the puddle i am referring to is the green puddle- green coolant. the black spots u see could b anything, old oil spots, tar etc, but the green puddle is DEFINITELY coolant (ethylene glycol )

knowing the usual radiator set-up in a holden it means its either leaking from the top hose, which would have been picked up in a regular service, or the radiator has been struck at the bottom. judging by the clear green colour, its fresh coolant, its not oily looking or dirty, so its a 'fresh' leak, not caused by previous overheating.

i wonder if the Captiva had been parked swiftly in the dark at Kholo, or tried to be parked covertly furthur in the bush than ppl would usually park and has hit an unseen obstacle.

Hi everyone, we dont actually (WS thread 1-2) think that he said that she went walking at 10pm, just that she was in her walking clothes and watching "the footy show" at 10pm when he last saw her. There was confusion with press reports on this night walking topic early on.

I dont live in the same state, but I live in a similar setting, semi rural (bush/forest around me). I wouldn't go walking at night on my own.....Once I went, after an argument with hubby.....Five minutes later heard steps behind me...'thought..........OH CRAP'......Thankfully it was hubby calling me a 'friggin noodle' for going out at night....He thought I had hid in the bushy tree out the front (laughing which I had done before once...LMAO)

FYI- Funeral being televised.
Remembering a life lost - join us for a live stream at Allison's funeral tomorrow as we pay tribute to her memory. Visit couriermail.com.au from 10.30am Friday

walking at Brookfield at that time of night is odd! it's not well lit and i certainly wouldn't be comfortable doing that at all.

the puddle i am referring to is the green puddle- green coolant. the black spots u see could b anything, old oil spots, tar etc, but the green puddle is DEFINITELY coolant (ethylene glycol )

knowing the usual radiator set-up in a holden it means its either leaking from the top hose, which would have been picked up in a regular service, or the radiator has been struck at the bottom. judging by the clear green colour, its fresh coolant, its not oily looking or dirty, so its a 'fresh' leak, not caused by previous overheating.

i wonder if the Captiva had been parked swiftly in the dark at Kholo, or tried to be parked covertly furthur in the bush than ppl would usually park and has hit an unseen obstacle.

I'm no mechanic, but I'm pretty sure that's a leaf, not a leak.

Still just makes me feel overwhelmingly sad. Those poor little girls. Her poor beautiful parents. How I'd love to give them a gigantic hug.

Remembering a life lost - join us for a live stream at Allison's funeral tomorrow as we pay tribute to her memory. Visit couriermail.com.au from 10.30am Friday

Thankyou for the link i was hoping it was going to be shown somewhere. I was going to travel over there for the funeral but my brother has other plans and can't take me. Now i will be able to watch it

Hmm interesting. At first I thought that was a little strange, but it's probably a good move to minimise the number of sightseers going to the church.

Now I'm confused... is it people's opinion that c21 TM is the same person giving EBC a hug? geez, time is harsh...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-had-accomplice/story-e6freoof-1226351399375

Couriermail report today "Mr Baden-Clay told police he last saw her leaving the family home at Brookfield at 10pm on April 19. He eventually went to bed and reported her missing at 7.30am the following day."

Does not mentioned that she walked. She drove away at 10pm???
Went to meet or confront someone perhaps??? IMO

Also mentions same information as the telegragh article.
"It is understood a former colleague of Mr Baden-Clay's has also hired a lawyer after being interviewed three times by police.

The woman, a real estate agent, worked closely with Mr Baden-Clay at his Century 21 office and the pair were listed as joint selling agents on various properties."

It may be safe and I lived not far from there but why tempt fate?its only safe until something happens isn't it? There's just safer times to go and a walk at 10pm on a cool night in that type of terrain even if familiar doesn't seem logical IMO. And let's not forget she normally went at 6am.

Of course all this is moot if she didn't actually go like a pp said. I was sure I read it in the paper but maybe it was here and a theory only.

Thinking of those kids. My heart just breaks for them!

Paradox11, no offence, but its coolant.

had lots of experience with this just recently, on a concrete carport floor too, just like that one, that's why i noticed it ;)

Now I'm confused... is it people's opinion that c21 TM is the same person giving EBC a hug? geez, time is harsh...

I don't know. I have not kept up with the Mistress talk. There's been so many conflicting thoughts on who it is. Nobody has been named by Police, and unless anybody really knows its all speculation. I haven't really taken much of it in for that reason. I am sure if they have any involvement they will be named eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste