LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen this posted yet:

Money given to The Mickey Shunick Fund through Community Foundation of Acadiana could be used for reward money, public search efforts and expenses, like law enforcement agencies, Equusearch and other public entities. "The Foundation is grateful to have been entrusted with The Mickey Shunick Fund, established and directed by the Shunick family. The Foundation is additionally grateful to the many generous donors in the community that have made tax-deductible contributions to the Fund," said CFA Pres. and CEO Raymond Hebert. To make a tax-deductible contribution to The Mickey Shunick Fund, go to www.cfacadiana.org (see 'Contribute to a Fund') or call Community Foundation of Acadiana at 337.769.4843.
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

I'm heading to bed, and if I were you guys down there, I would call that newspaper and tell them, that if they are gonna put up an article, on a missing woman, then at least get the correct picture posted, get their facts straight before they post something like that. It's just ridiculous reporting. MOO

Yeah. If you heard it then it confirms what I'm thinking. They either threw the evidence over the side of the Basin Bridge, east of the exit, or had a boat.

I think i dont understand the difference in the basin bridge and whiskey bay bridge. Sure ive passed that area plenty of times but never had courage or reason to take the exit and explore it. Id love to go one day but never would alone or unarmed. You sir have had the best posts imo since ive joined. I actually look for mostly your posts. I think this board is getting off track and while some banter is okay some are being tasteless im finding but im hanging in there cause you provide so much good info. Imo

How many people do WS's see in this truck? Can we make out people in the seats?

I'm heading to bed, and if I were you guys down there, I would call that newspaper and tell them, that if they are gonna put up an article, on a missing woman, then at least get the correct picture posted, get their facts straight before they post something like that. It's just ridiculous reporting. MOO

Honestly, I'm too tired to figure which article about what is wrong. We Cajuns are not precise. At least most of us aren't. I am, and it drives me and those around me crazy because they love being imprecise. It's a way of life.

It's probably a photo of an Olds pickup truck or something.

Goodnight!

If it is the same trucks. It was headed in the same direction she was travelling and then was caught again headed in the opposite direction.

As I'm about to hit it too, I am hoping one of the local posters can educate me. During these recent talks I have heard references to Whiskey Bay, Pilot Channel I believe and the canal. Can you explain which bodies of water are which. I've looked at the map of the area and just can't figure it out. At Exit 127 on I-10 I see what seems like a river that runs generally north/south at that point. I also see the body of water between the 2 bridges for eastbound and westbound I-10. Finally, obviously, I see the general swamp area with water throughout the area. I am purely guessing that the north/south water way is Whiskey Bay and the waterway between the highway expanses is referred to alternatively as the Pilot Channel or canal. Thanks in advance as I'm off to bed.

My hubby is a car/truck buff, he said the same thing. He actually used a magnifying glass to look at the truck on the computer screen. lol. I was actually quite shocked at how well that works, way better than using a graphics program to adjust. Anyway, I have decided it is best to just let the matter rest to eliminate any confusion and I don't want to be responsible for people pulling their hair out or doing this :banghead:
How in the world did you find that headbanging icon to post? lol....

I think i dont understand the difference in the basin bridge and whiskey bay bridge. Sure ive passed that area plenty of times but never had courage or reason to take the exit and explore it. Id love to go one day but never would alone or unarmed. You sir have had the best posts imo since ive joined. I actually look for mostly your posts. I think this board is getting off track and while some banter is okay some are being tasteless im finding but im hanging in there cause you provide so much good info. Imo

Look at this photo: WHISKEY BAY

To the left you see big north-south river. That's the Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel. A big tall bridge you can see goes over it. That's the Whiskey Bay bridge. To the right of the area with the curving exit ramps, etc., you see I-10 split into two spans with water between. It's elevated 25 feet in the air. That is the Basin bridge. It extends both west and east for many miles between Lafayette and Baton Rouge.

The Whiskey Bay bridge is a subset of the larger Basin bridge. It's a very short, tall part of it.

Thanks for the compliments. I've just tried to stick to logic and reason things out, There have been a lot of good comments here! This all has really been something, and the community has been amazing. Though it doesn't look good, let's hope for the best!

P.S. The water between the twin spans to the right is what we're calling the boat launch canal. I don't know its official name. That's where DTL dumped his victims.

so she most likely was hit, but what are the chances that she would die from being hit? if it hit her hard enough to kill her then wouldnt it have thrown her from the bike? leaving blood evidence somewhere? could the bike tire be messed up from the fall to the water and not a vehicle?? and if she was hit then why wouldnt that person call police?

Please read threads from INFO; the bike was not placed in water. It was found on rocks; probably placed. But not submerged like LE said.

Look at this photo: WHISKEY BAY

To the left you see big north-south river. That's the Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel. A big tall bridge you can see goes over it. That's the Whiskey Bay bridge. To the right of the area with the curving exit ramps, etc., you see I-10 split into two spans with water between. It's elevated 25 feet in the air. That is the Basin bridge. It extends both west and east for many miles between Lafayette and Baton Rouge.

The Whiskey Bay bridge is a subset of the larger Basin bridge. It's a very short, tall part of it.

Thanks for the compliments. I've just tried to stick to logic and reason things out, There have been a lot of good comments here! This all has really been something, and the community has been amazing. Though it doesn't look good, let's hope for the best!

That Basin Bridge part with water between the freeways lanes - was that dredged to be like that? Where does it go to?

honestly? I don't know which part is actually called Whiskey Bay. i just know all the other parts. I think it's a catchall term,

That Basin Bridge part with water between the freeways lanes - was that dredged to be like that? Where does it go to?

It goes straight as an arrow across the Basin to the eastern Atchafalaya Basin flood wall.

Please read threads from INFO; the bike was not placed in water. It was found on rocks; probably placed. But not submerged like LE said.

The police said in the press conference it was submerged in the water, with just a little bit sticking out.

Link please?

It goes straight as an arrow across the Basin to the eastern Atchafalaya Basin flood wall.

Was it dredged or created? It looks like it runs between the freeway lanes and ends before the river or channel. Is that where the boat launch is?

So disappointing to have all the commotion then a false alarm. I'm so sad for her family, can't imagine what they are going thru. :(

Every time we hear about divers I think what amazing souls those people must be. I COULD NOT IMAGINE diving for a body or imagine some of the things they see. To be diving with a flashlight and come upon something. Yikes! How do you get that out of your head? Takes a special person to do that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne