Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is so much thought in this article and it is very well written= thank you Fusker.

Just replying to one small part of it though, what type of family "welcomes" the mistress, when there son is still married and supposedly living with his wife. Surely any decent parent would sit there adult child down and have a conversation about what is going on. .

Even more so when one of those parents describes himself as a "marriage enhancement facilatator" .....I'd never heard of that term before reading it on that "team" site.

Just a possibility.

Re: TM, just remember the case of the NASA astronaut, who tried to kill her rival. Her name was Lisa Nowak, if I remember correctly. She was charged with attempted murder.
Good post GRANNIE. Thanks. Also this 'rival' idea can be 'fed' by someone else whose influence has a hold, so that the 'rival' acts out for the significant other. Possible e.g. worth reading the Korp case.

I still can't get over the premeditation of the murder. If this is the case why haven't the children been placed with someone else? There is more than one way to skin a cat and surely if there were any fears of mental instability (which surely there would have to be to plan and execute this murder) then the QPS could find a way and a reason to have the children placed in a safer environment.

If GBC is the culprit I don't think we can question his intellect - at the moment he seems to have outsmarted the police even after Allison's body was found.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm sticking to GBC as the main suspect. Too much evidence points to him whether it is local gossip or media related information based on police fact. I think that the idea of the BC's assisting in the disposal of the body is far more believable than a hired killer who killed ABC as she was some secret multi-lingual intelligence agent. He has the means, the motive and the opportunity. Nothing else really makes as much sense. The idea that TM was involved does not sit either. If she were so confrontational, why would she have quit century 21 as soon as the affair had been exposed. No she is not quite the homicidal queen Bee that fits the profile. This stinks of domesticity gone wrong. IMO.
BLACKLODGE: Sometimes resentment is a slow simmering thing, depending upon forced 'losses' and cumulative frustrations which can build into rage. Just a thought.

Radster- I'm starting to think perhaps you are actually hearing some inside stuff.

****snipped****
"Apparently GBC told one of the girls the next morning that "Mummy has fallen down a hole".

Very early on when the thread started we had a poster who to me seemed very informed/informative. He/She stated that when the police arrived one of the girls said something strange to the police.

To say she fell down a hole would be strange to say in the least and would also explain why they kept saying they were looking down old mine shafts etc.

Keep digging there radster. Thumbs up

I've actually heard this from a couple of people close to the case but I didn't make much of it in terms of it being sinister. I think it's something any parent might say to a confused child about why Mummy hadn't yet come back from a walk, knowing that there are plenty of old mines and such in the area. The girls would probably know of the all the old mines, having been involved in Girl Guide activities and hikes in the area for a number of years. It may even have been something the first police on the scene suggested to GBC? I don't know ... just another small piece of info in a very complex and confusing case.

Glad we dont have to discuss aspects of Allison's case like this:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r censored*-star/story-e6freopf-1226378965916

I've always thought it more likely that Allison's body was placed further upstream too, either in or near the water.

I'm not sure if her body was found directly underneath the bridge, but if so, I think it would be really hard to throw a body off the bridge, yet have it land under the bridge, and a lot more risk of someone seeing you, whereas up nearer the scout camp seems a lot more secluded, and you'd have more time.

I remember that very wet weekend just before she was found, and being annoyed with the rain, but then thinking maybe somehow it might help with the discovery of her body, and praying that it would. I felt she'd been placed in or near water. I was also worried though that the rain might hinder discovery, due to washing the body away forever, eg. into the Brissy river.

The bridge is so close to the Brisbane river, so it's a small miracle that she was found, as awful as that discovery was.

RIP Allison

All IMO

Yes the rain...a couple of times on here I've called it the blessed rain...the canoeist wouldn't have been in that creek otherwise & her body may never have been found...the rain brought Allison back to her parents.

I think if two people were involved in dumping Allison's body it would have made it easier to throw it over the side. Only going by photos of the bridge... the rails don't seem all that high ...another member mentioned the body could have been thrown between the rails. but there doesn't appear to be quite enough of a gap between the rails to do this.

In the report I posted before re the questioning of someone..."whether she had recently pulled her car over to the side of Mt Crosby Rd."....it doesn't mention the bridge...just Mt Crosby Rd. They could have gone off road anywhere near where there's access to area around scout camp....in my opinion.

I've actually heard this from a couple of people close to the case but I didn't make much of it in terms of it being sinister. I think it's something any parent might say to a confused child about why Mummy hadn't yet come back from a walk, knowing that there are plenty of old mines and such in the area. The girls would probably know of the all the old mines, having been involved in Girl Guide activities and hikes in the area for a number of years. It may even have been something the first police on the scene suggested to GBC? I don't know ... just another small piece of info in a very complex and confusing case.

As we assume the young girls weren't at home on the morning of the 20th of April, I find it puzzling why GBC talked to the girls about ABC at all on that morning.

If a tragedy had happened overnight at your home and your children were fortunately sleeping somewhere else my thoughts would have been to ring the person they were staying with, tell them what has happened and ask either to take the girls to school or take them out for the day. No need to tell them anything, particularly as it was supposedly very early in the investigation. At that stage supposedly, who was to know she wouldn't walk in the door the next minute apologising because she was held up chatting. ODD IMO

Even more so when one of those parents describes himself as a "marriage enhancement facilatator" .....I'd never heard of that term before reading it on that "team" site.

the images that description brings to my mind are mostly R rated. I am surprised GBC doesn't put on his resume, he seems to have been a marriage enhancement facilitator for present or future relationships in the lives of many women!!

Then there was also another rumour which said "mummy went for a walk & she's not coming back".

Unsure if this is accurate but I thought I read somewhere that the girls were in the care of GBC??

If this is indeed the case imo I believe the QPS would not consider GBC to be the perpetrator...as in a tragedy such as this DOCS would have become involved and they would have to have complete assurance that these little girls were in a *no risk* environment...

imo envisage at a later date if it was found he was the perpetrator...there would be a public outcry that the girls were allowed to be left in his care instead of possibly the Dickies...eg because of what *could* have occurred in such a situation...

From previous thread itsthevibe posted....

[I don't know why, but i have always thought that Allison was thrown over the bridge, despite fairly logical explanations of how she could have been dumped further downstream and being swept down by the rain.
... I think if her body was thrown from that height it would have rolled further down the bank & possibly into the creek...

MARLYWINGS: In addition, if the body was thrown over or pushed through the bottom railing, it is a long way down to the creek bed. Given the slope and height combined, the body may well have rolled on the dry creek bed, then subsequently been affected by the rising and subsiding creek bed. However, the beauty of Forensic examination is that an X-Ray on the body could still determine old fractures from more recent fractures. An alternative is that trained 'scouts' could easily traverse that terrain carrying a body and place it under the bridge.
My opinion only, not fact.

Yes I think this is the one...

May 28, 2012

POLICE are questioning western suburbs residents with cars similar to those driven by Gerard Baden-Clay about their movements on the night the real-estate identity's wife disappeared.
The Courier-Mail understands one local woman, who owns a silver Holden Captiva, was questioned at the weekend on whether she had driven through the Kenmore roundabout at the intersection of Moggill and Brookfield roads on Thursday, April 19 - the night Mrs Baden-Clay was last seen alive.

In an apparent bid to clarify reported sightings and rule out various vehicles in the area, the woman was also asked whether she had recently pulled her car over to the side of Mt Crosby Rd.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...llisons-murderer/story-e6freoof-1226368676196

Though I still wonder why all the searching seemed to be going on up around the scout camp area.

Thanks! Oh I see it was "pulled her car over to the side of mt Crosby rd", not actually on or near the bridge anyway. I do think upstream is more likely too.

Thanks Marlywings, appreciate the response. I hope there is something out there that officially confirms the incompletion.

Cheers.

there was a fair bit of discussion last night regarding the degree. Someone posted this theory which I think is very creditable:

I think GBC was probably awarded a Bachelor of Business in 1990. An accountant is a bit of a generic term to most of the population, but it means different things within the professional accounting sphere. To become a Chartered Account you need to complete a Professional Year (known as PY) which is a number of subjects accounting related, that are offered in a course run by the Chartered Accountant Institute. The course is much longer than year and involve lectures and exams. I think you can fail each exam only once and if you don't pass you cannot continue. Most of the big firms, KPMG would be included in that, run course and seminars to assist there graduates to pass PY. Usually on the successful completion of the subject the costs are reimbursed, by the firm, to the student. Many firms have an expectation with graduates that the PY will be undertaken and completed, it is a condition of employment. Bearing this in mind, if GBC could not complete the PY requirement KPMG may well have shown him the door.

There are also certified accountants, but I don't know very much about their process.

I too have heard that it was premeditated and was planned for a months time , but due to opportunity they raced into it on that fateful evening . I cant fathom the sort of man who could dispose of the mother of his three young children so heartlessly , like a piece of rubbish.As someone said previously , even if she didn't want a divorce , he could have just walked out. Seriously , in this day and age , with such advances in criminology and forensics , what sort of person thinks they can get away with it and carry on "business as usual'. Maybe they thought a little suburban mum would be forgotten in a week or so, yesterdays fish and chip wrapper!!!
Let's think about it. To hear this piece of information, someone from 'inside' the plan must have talked to admit to the plan. There have been no arrests! So, is this only speculation and rumour?

I wouldn't be surprised to learn someone else is wearing diapers these days. He must poop in his pants every time he sees a police office heading towards him...quote]

MOUSE DETECTIVE: An alternative possibility is given 'collusion' some may think that they can get away with this. "You Prove it" seems to be their position. We stick together. If this were a more spontaneous killing, one would imagine all sorts of evidence being clearer due to the spur of the moment event. It is not beginning to look like that in my opinion.

A local poster in an earlier thread mentioned that the satellite navigation history in gbc's car had indicated the car had been at Anstead on the night in question, does anyone recall this? Again, I'm not so sure about this being fact as it would be fairly incriminating if true (although of course they would still have to prove GBC was actually driving the car).
THINKING: If this is true, then together with the Sat Nav information and the sighting of his car at Kholo bridge that night - is looking fairly incriminating. But good point, we don't know who was driving that car.

Let's think about it. To hear this piece of information, someone from 'inside' the plan must have talked to admit to the plan. There have been no arrests! So, is this only speculation and rumour?

Yes, there have been no arrests, but TM has apparently fully cooperated with QPS and she may have had some knowledge of what may have been planed (something like, oh, yes, he was always joking about getting rid of his wife, etc. IMO).

However, I personally don't believe this was premeditated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo