LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, just to be not posting rumors, that description of the bike location came straight from a reporter who was there.

... and if so, while you're at it, take a look at the dark "figure" that seems to be slightly crouched on the curb-side of the car (end nearest the viewer) parked at the curb, appearing to have an arm out and leaning over the car

Here is a negative of that car on the side of the road on Versailles, and hopefully you'll see whatever that is, in the upper right hand corner better, hope this works.

Attachments

• faintwhitetruck.jpg
    faintwhitetruck.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 135
Interesting view. Does everyone agree that's a vehicle behind her, or some roadside feature?

Here is a negative of that car on the side of the road on Versailles, and hopefully you'll see whatever that is, in the upper right hand corner better, hope this works.

I always thought something had been edited out of the picture. Looks like a vehicle shape. That spot is a wide driveway that a car could pull off and park sideways.

Personally, I thought there had been a police cruiser sitting there at the time. Don't ask me why.

I lightened it and sharpened it and I don't see it. I mean, I see all the whiteness, but that's it.

My eyes are getting old, so I may be missing something

The car at the very top, behind Mickey, just out of frame..yes, I see that

Attachments

• mickey3.jpeg
    mickey3.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 107
So the picture with the potential faint white truck behind her.... was this from a continous video or a camera that takes pics every X seconds?

... and if so, while you're at it, take a look at the dark "figure" that seems to be slightly crouched on the curb-side of the car (end nearest the viewer) parked at the curb, appearing to have an arm out and leaning over the car

I played around with that photo. I thought the passenger door was open, but did not see what appeared to be a figure crouched there.

Interesting view. Does everyone agree that's a vehicle behind her, or some roadside feature?

I remember a good whiles back, that I saw a version of the photo where the truck was much much more visible. I dont know if I am remembering incorrectly or not.

Yes, that's the area that wodalo pointed out a few days ago, it looks like a white truck front, with it's lights off following Mickey. It's back there, very difficult to see. AND, if you look in front of Mickey, there is one white blob area that looks just, well, white. Something is being covered up there by those who gave out those photos, my opinion only, because when I bring it close up, every other thing around that area is pixilized, but not that white blob.

This photo has been touched up....if you zoom into that area in the top center, and look at the "25 while flashing" sign.... the white marking goes over the sign....very sloppily done. I used to touch up photos for real estate brochures with pc software...it isn't even very hard...this was a quick job. They are hiding something.

Thanks! (Of course it still looks to me like the figure, only with the "all dark" clothing now turned to white, LOL)

I always thought something had been edited out of the picture. Looks like a vehicle shape. That spot is a wide driveway that a car could pull off and park sideways.

Personally, I thought there had been a police cruiser sitting there at the time. Don't ask me why.

I thought the same thing.

I lightened it and sharpened it and I don't see it. I mean, I see all the whiteness, but that's it.

My eyes are getting old, so I may be missing something

The car at the very top, behind Mickey, just out of frame..yes, I see that

Yes. The whiteness. Something has been removed from the photo.

Here's a night view of Versailles. I'm not sure what the lights were in the middle of the road, my post was about the lights along the building and further down the street.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7983247&postcount=273"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #11[/ame]

This photo has been touched up....if you zoom into that area in the top center, and look at the "25 while flashing" sign.... the white marking goes over the sign....very sloppily done. I used to touch up photos for real estate brochures with pc software...it isn't even very hard...this was a quick job. They are hiding something.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, the white blob goes over more than we know, and what could it be, because they did a really sloppy job.

It would have been pretty quiet at night. If that's a truck pacing her, she would have heard it and looked back. If it weren't going at normal speed, she'd have been spooked. You'd think she'd have turned off at the first well-lit place - the Circle K - to get near people. But instead, she's heading straight.

So to me, she must not have been spooked, or maybe the truck turned off to give her a lead so as not to spook her, and catch up later if, indeed, that is a truck.

I'm down here on the street on google earth and see nothing that would make that other than a vehicle in that lane, it's in an actual lane. So, unless something was parked there on that side, I can't see it happening other than someone was behind her with it's lights off.

I played around with that photo. I thought the passenger door was open, but did not see what appeared to be a figure crouched there.

I think I do. I cropped & zoomed and I think that's a person

what do you guys think?

Open in in an editing program and zoom it. It doesn't look like it could be anything else, unless the parked car is spotting deer.

I also think there's no other explanation for the echo of an oncoming vehicle at the top.

maybe that's just me

Tornado coming, bbl

Attachments

• Cropped Versailles.jpg
    Cropped Versailles.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 134
So the picture with the potential faint white truck behind her.... was this from a continous video or a camera that takes pics every X seconds?
Hello and welcome to WS, igoringa.

I'm in my late 40's and I would never think of that either. BUT....I would think, "Gee, it would be nice of me to help out a friend who is tired tonight. I think I'll give her a ride home."

All of that being said, BW's accounts of what happened that evening have measured up. The timeline is very tight....and we know Mickey left his home as he stated and within the time window he gave. I imagine if he could do it all over again, he would offer to drive her....but she might have said "no thanks" just the same. Considering this line of thinking for too long might lead to insanity. There will always be "what ifs" in missing persons cases.

Same.

I'm curious, though- are there any articles that state whether or not Wilson offered Shunick a ride home? We know she didn't accept the offer if he did, but he did say that he offered to get her food:

"By the end of the night came, everyone decided they were going to go their separate ways. They didn't want food. They wanted to go home and didn't want to go somewhere else. So me and Mickey took off towards my house, and I offered to get her food at a nearby Taco Bell."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/23/ijvm.01.html

And do we know whether or not Shunick had access to a vehicle other than her bike? I don't recall having read any stories that reference that.

If Shunick's only means of transportation was her bicycle, it's easier to see why she wouldn't be interested in being separated from it, despite the four-mile drive home. Wilson's car lacked a bike rack to take it to her house, and she'd be stuck at home without wheels until she could convince someone to drive her over to Wilson's house to retrieve it.

We know that Wilson's own bike was stolen from his house before Mickey's disappearance, so maybe she didn't want to leave her bicycle there and risk the same loss.

I didn't take the background photo I'm using here, another Sleuter did. I don't remember the poster's name or I'd give them credit for it.
After comparing they're photo with the camera frame that LE released I don't think there is anything behind MS, other than street lamp lighting reflecting off the road surface.
There is also a lot of light coming from under the canopy that creates the large white blob in front of MS.

Attachments

• composite.jpg
    composite.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 495
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics