LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's very old. Cut him some slack ;)

And its more like 50 tips....an hour. I dont envy him or his phone bill

Sometimes the most seasoned are the best :) Unrelated, but I certainly appreciated a long-time family friend "coming out of retirement" after 20 years to help me track down my biological father a few years back.

Would think if legs were straddling the bike, it would get pulled/dragged for a certain distance, and maybe even more if the handle bars caught the upper body??

Hmmm....anyone care to test THIS theory???

Yikes!

but do you think he's thinking this because of some of the new leads he speaks of by saying

"We've had some things come up in the last two or three days that we are pursuing and that I'm excited about," said Abdella

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...nvestigation-enters-third-week?nclick_check=1

Unfortunately, I think that he just has nothing else to say. He was hired by her family. He can't very well say "oh yeah, no evidence, no new leads, no hope that she's still alive," even if that is actually the case.

:( I hope I'm wrong and he has some reason to believe that she's alive.

I can't see TES coming back just a few days after they left...doesn't sound good.

From the cases I've followed that seems to be pretty typical of TES. They've been to Aruba for Natalie a few times. There are other cases with multiple searches too.

I think the paper said that 'the LPD and two other law enforcement agencies are still involved'; that would lead me to think FBI is one of the two other....

"Cpl. Paul Mouton, spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, said the mini-task force includes LPD officers, as well as members of several state and local law enforcement agencies who are helping with the investigation."

Article states LPD, state and local agencies....not federal. That's not to say they're still not involved in other capacities I suppose, or that the article misquoted Mouton or that Mouton inadvertently left them out.

I think bicyclists have to wear helmets where I live...at least the ones I see all do. But for some reason I see motorcyclists without helmets all the time, which seems really unintelligent to me...JMO

OT, but I'd just like to say how much I appreciate my parents requiring that I call them as often as they do. I wish the Shunicks had the same rule :(

Also, if only MS&BW had a "buddy system" in which he EXPECTED a text from her upon arrival home... sigh. If only. :(
We could what if all day, after all I think its all we're doing. I agree, its too bad , but that late at night BW probably would have fallen asleep ( not noticing whether or not he got her 'home' text until he woke ) anyway so Im sure it doesnt matter so much as it would be the same outcome, no text. The family and friends still would have inquired about her whereabouts all day.

:( buddy system.. the only way I survive stranger/frenemy/friendly danger w three teens in this crazy *advertiser censored* world. One never misses a beat, the other two are half and half. I love the buddy system.

Please let Mickey come home soon. :please: She is always on my mind.

ACI, thank you for well, being you. :)

who knew, you can say who knows again. that's for sure! who knows?

goodnight all. hopefully tomorrow's search with TES etc. will bring us closer to Mickey.

Sorry, I
am way behind and trying to catch up...TES is back? They brought in cadaver dogs?

But so do a LOT of the guys I went to high school with in Lafayette... and they have nothing to do with horses, farms, or anything like that. It's just common in Lafayette for guys to have bigger trucks than they need.

If I could add that in south Louisiana, to some men, maybe even the majority down here, a Z-71 is a status symbol of sorts. Like I have enough money to get the special package... blah blah. If it was an off-road non-Z-71 truck, I would be more likely to buy into the individual needing the off-road capabilities.

Another thought I'd like to mention, off-road trucks aren't always used on farms or even off-road. My dad, for example, has one for pulling a large boat. It makes it easier to pull his boat out of the way at boat launches (4 wheel drive). Could also be used for RVs, etc.

Point is the fact that it isn't just a stock pickup truck (premium running boards/pipes), non-factory gas cap cover... may mean this person has nothing to do with a farm or any typical reason for having a 4 wheel drive truck.

Please tell me I'm not going to have nightmares of white trucks again tonight. Please let the LPD find the damn thing.

agreed - and after reading the link above, Abdella doesn't seem to know what he thinks. He said he had received about 50 tips, then he said the part I quoted, then he goes back and says he feels she's alive but sometimes changes his mind, but right now, feels as though she's possibly still alive, and he ends by saying he has no guarantee, but personally thinks she is still alive.

My guess - he doesn't have a clue!

So he's probably posting here.

Many will be happy to know that I just used both UV light and luminol (to make damn sure) on a particular stretch of roadway and there was NO BLOOD. Mickey was not under the truck in that picture. Problem solved. Debate over. ;)

What happens if you're wrong? Say the victim didn't bleed, suffered internal injuries, only? Hmmmmm????

I really can't help it. I'm a prosecutor's nightmare juror. My user name is apt.

I understand everyone wants to wrap this or that up move on to the next theory. I'm the opposite. I collect them all and examine & weigh them.

I'm not being a smart@$$. I just wait until all the facts are in.

Kinda like Sherlock ;-)

I think bicyclists have to wear helmets where I live...at least the ones I see all do. But for some reason I see motorcyclists without helmets all the time, which seems really unintelligent to me...JMO

We always called motorcyclists without helmets "organ donors."

A few weeks ago I saw a girl downtown riding a scooter/Vespa thing in traffic while wearing only a bikini. No shoes, no helmet, nothing to protect her skin even a little bit if she fell off for any reason. I was like, "Holy road rash!"

It's been a tough few days in my neck of the woods and I'm glad to be back and see all this passion!!! Can anyone please give me a QUICK update of the last 72 hours (the big stuff....I read every other post except the last 72 hours and I am working on it right now). TES is back? Cadavar dogs? Abdella? Big Theories?

Also, where can I find the link to what Abdella was saying?!?! Much appreciated and Thank You!

And a hint to everyone who misses awhile---going from last page to first is much faster w/ all the double talk :)

Hmmm....anyone care to test THIS theory???

Yikes!

I wouldn't. but I can see where the handle bar/s would be possibly turned and could hook the victim where the neck joins the torso or even hooking the victim under the arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc