AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
another 2 cent idea to shoot holes in. I return to the all the meth arrests in Baldwin Co and wonder if perhaps DH was an informant, but BW was punished for it. That would be guilt enough for a suicide without being a molester/drug dealer himself.

My heart aches for her brother. I can see he is a big brother watching out for her, so I don't find it odd their mother talks of him being her protector. However, I have run across a few other comments from friends and family about "protecting Brittney and come home", and it almost sounds like something was ongoing in Brittney's life that she needed protection. I don't know! Family said she was going to friend's, but then told friends she was going to the Uncle's. I think without a confirmation of the facts it makes it harder for me to believe she was taken for human trafficking.

Money right? They don't do it for free I assume... Gosh, I hope she's not entangled with human trafficking... that scares the beejees outta me and there's not much that does that to me anymore. Reminds me of Natile Hollway... any guess to what happened to that poor girl.. ugh.

I dunno; obviously everything costs $$$, from supplies and food for volunteers to (I imagine) travel and liability costs for the organization. I really don't know the details, but I do know that in Sierra LaMar's case, the organization has been helping for quite a while. I too am puzzled why they left after such a short time with nothing found. I hope we hear more.

Just wondering... Was a paternity test ever done on Brittney's daughter?

Does anybody know what happened with these items? We're they tested? Are they related to Brittney's disappearance?

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/13/s-ar-3967700/

Search Intensifies for Brittney Wood
By: DEBBIE WILLIAMS | WKRG
Published: June 13, 2012

Snipped:
Searching in grid patterns through thick woods, volunteers look for clues. Brittney's cell phone, her bag, an article of clothing, anything.

In this particular search a couple of items of interest that are marked with a red ribbon. A pair of women's underwear laying on the ground, rain soaked and then just a few feet away, behind a mound another unexplained item. A bath cloth that just seems out of place.

Where did Donnie shoot himself? Inside of his house or outside? Did he shoot himself under the chin or in the chest, bc his wife posted something like it's in God's hands now bc it's been an hour and there's no organ yet"... So it makes me think maybe he shot himself in the chest. If he's committing suicide, wouldnt he aim under his chin or side to side (head)?

Where did Donnie shoot himself? Inside of his house or outside? Did he shoot himself under the chin or in the chest, bc his wife posted something like it's in God's hands now bc it's been an hour and there's no organ yet"... So it makes me think maybe he shot himself in the chest. If he's committing suicide, wouldnt he aim under his chin or side to side (head)?

Would a person who attempted suicide in this fashion be considered for an organ transplant?

Maybe she was talking about a church organ?

Would a person who attempted suicide in this fashion be considered for an organ transplant?

I second guessed it too, but that's not how she worded it. I thought it was odd & actually made me question if it was an actual suicide based on that remark. If it was an intended suicide, a shotgun under his chin would blow the top & back half of his head off, so forget about life support. This was a rifle, not a handgun, so the fragments would be farther spread & the velocity a lot faster. If the gun was point blank, the shot could have gone clean through, therefore needing an organ for survival - very slim chance...but shotgun to the head I honestly don't see any chance of survival unless it's just a graze. So that's why I'm wondering the area he was shot in.

I don't know anything about this way of suicide, but if he was dropped off at home and his wife left and came back an hour and a half later. How would he survive long enough for her to find him and get him to the hospital?

fwiw, when I read the organ comment, I thought it meant the time was past for DH's organs to be donated.

IIRC, and for whats it worth, on FB they were saying "shot in the head".

On June 4th, his wife wrote this on her FB:
https://www.facebook.com/wendy.w.holland
Quote:
Been an hour so no organ donor.....

Me - so that's why it confuses me bc who gets a brain transplant? It doesn't even make sense. Ya know? Odd... Then she goes on to say they're moving him to a room & putting it in God's hands.

This is such bull$hit story, The wife needs to spill. JMO

yes, people who are brain dead but are being kept alive by machines could be and are organ donors if the have been put on a list to be a donor... the organs are only good to use for a few hours ,,, after a certain amount of time has passed the chances of a used organ being sucessfully put into someone else is next to nothing

Iphone auto spell check changed a word to " organ ". :waitasec:

yes, people who are brain dead but are being kept alive by machines could be and are organ donors if the have been put on a list to be a donor... the organs are only good to use for a few hours ,,, after a certain amount of time has passed the chances of a used organ being sucessfully put into someone else is next to nothing

Totally agree but that's not the way she worded it. Her entire conversation implies that it's actually Donnie waiting for an organ bc he's fighting to stay alive.

Just wondering... Was a paternity test ever done on Brittney's daughter?

I am also wondering this.

And to those questioning the uncle shooting himself in the head and then not immediately dying....
a friend who is a nurse took care of a man who was in a semi-vegetative state (unable to communicate) who had tried to kill himself by shooting himself in the head. He shot off part of his head/brain, but survived and was obviously given medical attention, survived, and remains in that awful state. That's why some suicidal people put signs around their necks or pinned to their clothes that say "do not resuscitate" when they shoot themselves (example: http://www.rickross.com/reference/mormon/mormon680.html) or do multiple things to ensure they'll die like take a ton of pills then shoot themselves before they kick in or something.
Also knew a friend's boyfriend who killed himself as a yound adult. He stuck a gun in his mouth and it took off the back of his head (you could tell at his open casket wake that a wig had been arranged on his head and some of his head had been "rebuilt" so to speak...it was awful). This kid shot himself sometime in the late afternoon and still had a pulse when his family member found him that evening after work. The way guns kick when you shoot them, etc, it can be difficult to have a successful suicide as far as making sure you die right away or cannot be resusictated to live on in some awful state.
Gross that I know this much about suicide. Too many in my family (one is too many, but this is more than one) and in circle of friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member